OtakuBoards

Traditional Rp [m-vls]

0ber0n the Neko

There was a deafening sound, comparable to the sound of a movie theater on fire, minus the sounds of the screams and the fire. It was then accompanied by another sound often associated with mass chaos and destruction. It was simply thus.

[SIZE=4]KABOOM![/SIZE]

The first monster was not dead, but he was angry. "Filthy HUMANS!" The other growled, going after Tanken. Tanen smiled, parrying the blow easily. "This sucker's a fake. The weapon on this one isn't real. Let's rid ourselves of him." Tanken said, haughtily. He kicked it towards Namia, who shredded it instantly. It fell down in a mass of papery bits.

"Don't bother with the illusions! Tanken! You recognize the weapon easily, do you not?" asked Namia.

"Like I would my own reflection!" He said, laughing. "I'll point the real one out. He won't get away..." Tanken grinned, basking in grandeur to come. He knew the sword contested held the only key they had to the downfall of Deus.

"AAAGH!" Vincent cried, swinging wildly at the monster, who rebounded into Namia. She threw him with the end of her spear, making him break through an entire building. The party was soon on the other side. The monster grinned evilly.

"Fools... You know not who I am..." The voice grew steadily more human, losing its chamber overtones. The monster's head changed until it was recognizable as the Black Knight.

'You'll never get the Pinnacle from me... You cannot defeat me! I AM INVINCIBLE!" He cried, reverting back to his monster state. His face of triumph was abruptly replaced by one of suprise.

Namia was furious. Her voice quivered. "You... are the bastard... who broke my fucking ribs..." She said, spaces broken by enraged gasps of breath. She let out a holler that made even Tanken twitch.

A light emitted from Namia, who frowned in the manner of the very pissed. She attacked, and the monster had no time to react.

The monster was sent hurtling even farther backwards, breaking through building after building. "Kill time, I guess. That screws your plan, Cairo." Tanken said. "I kinda liked it myself... but then again, Namia kicking its ass all over town is also pleasant." Tanken said, smiling.

-----

Namia was soon panting from exhertion, covered in dark liquid one could only suppose was blood. Tanken didn't want to comment on the monstrous kidney attached to her leg. "Good... Job..." Tanken said, shivering.

Namia walked closer, looking scarier and scarier with each step. She stopped, and pulled out a sword from a sheath.

"I believe this is what you wanted, Tanken." She said, simply. She handed it to him, and walked off. "I'm gonna take a shower. I need to cool off."

The party just stared, exchanging glances.

"Yay...?" Tanken hazarded.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vaxla opened the gate, then stepped back outside. She fired her flare gun five times, a signal that indicated someone had been compromised and the attack was to commence immedeatly. After doing this, she chose a narrow alley and walked down it. After emerging in a deserted street, she turned to face the alley. There was something in there. It had been watching her since Vincent went off on his own, following her. She had led it away from the gate in order to engage it on her own. "I know you're there," she said. "Reveal yourself."

"You knew of my presence?" a demonic voice replied. "Very good." There was a warping in the ground, then a demonic creature rose. It was basically huminoid, but definatly a demon, black in color and with red eyes. "Maybe you know my name, too."

"Elementalists are usually exposed to a variety of lore, and I am no exception. I believe I do know you. Only one creature has ever demonstrated an ability to meld into solid objects, such as the ground. You are Gakana."

"Very good. I am indeed Gakana. And since you know me, you must be aware of the hopelessness of winning any fight against me."

"You have never challenged anyone quite like me," Vaxla replied. "I believe you will find me a greater challenge then you are used to. Now, enough talk. Let's get down to business, shall we?"

-----------------------------------------------------

OOC: Gakana is Vaxla's oponent. The battle is between Vaxla and Gakana only. Please do not have anyone interfere.

As the monitors installed in the walls of his palace grew to a sharp buzz, Merich began to feel much better about his chances of winning.

" Bwhahahha, Dias, pull back Gakna. I want Citain to take this one."

" My lord, Should we not leave him and send our best weapon later?"

A shrill sound was heard as merich drew his pentagon at a rate that was impossible to keep up with, thw ind inside he small observation room began to swirl around the blade. A deadly dance of energy and elements. He then held the sword high above his head. Planted it into the roof overhead, and called out CITAN!

A tall man with a rather long ponytail emerged out of the sword. Hitting the ground landing in a servatude postition. He had one leg tucked under his body and the other rested infront of him. He said no word only used his telepathy to read the room and the castle. He drew his Omrigan. A lesser version of the Paragon. It was a standard Katana cleverly hidden as weapon of chaos.

As he strode down the hall. His white wing were tucked under his green suit. The red ribbon on his waist and his golden glasses were the only things not green about him. He reached the main hall, where there semmed to be a fight in progress. An elementalist, Walking over into the side of the room he observed her and the fight.

He sent a telepathic messsage to the beast, and as soon as the fight had started it was abrutly over. The beast faded into the floor.

" Hello, A master of the elemnts I see you are... Fight? "

OOC: more to come... trust me you need more than her to take me

OOC: Um, I specifically said for nobody to interfere in the battle between Vaxla and Gakana. Having Gakana leave is interfering in the battle. You saw my post (that's the only way you could know about Gakana), so you should have seen that part. I'm going to ignore your post unless Ober or a mod instructs me to do otherwise.

----------------------------------------------

Gakana was indeed powerful, significantly more powerful than Vaxla. But Vaxla had a few advantages of her own. First, she was an Elementalist of Darkness, and it was night. Therefore, Vaxla was more capable physically, and her powers were greater. She was also able to divert or nullify Gakana's darkness-based attacks, nullifying a significate portion of Gakana's power. Gakana still had a slight edge, but Vaxla's skill more than made up for it.

Neither was holding anything back. Gakana would fade into the walls or the floor, popping up unpredictably. Vaxla could sense him, however, and was always able to move. He soon abandoned that strategy. He struck in every way he could, but he just couldn't hit Vaxla. She would either deflect Gakana's attack, cancel it with one of her own, or performe a seemingly impossible flipping move and be somewhere else when the attack hit. She was all over the place, Jumping and flipping and spinning and responding to Gakana's assult with everything she had.

Vaxla sidestepped an energy blast from Gakana. Anticipating this, Gakana had already fired a second blast at Vaxla's new position. Vaxla jumped over it, only to see a third blast coming at her. Fortunatly, she was up against a still-standing building. She pushed off of it, right into the path of yet another energy blast. Fortunatly, that one was fired a bit too late, and it missed. Vaxla landed on the ground, only to be met by a [i]fifth [/i]blast. This one she canceled out with a blast of her own.

"You are a much greater challenge than I anticipated," Gakana remarked. "No opponent of mine has ever been this difficult to eliminate."

"Stop the talking," Vaxla replied, "and let's finish this."

"Agreed."

[COLOR=Purple][FONT=Trebuchet MS]OOC: I am now going to take liberty of that little 'S' you have there in the ratings Ober. ;) If you don't mind.

Namia breathed heavily as cold water cascaded down her back. She was still shaking with anger that the monster turned out to be the Black Knight. Luckily no one had decided to get in the way of her fury, otherwise they too would have been shredded into pieces.

She stood under the water with her eyes closed and her thoughts elsewhere. She didn't hear the door to the room open and then shut, or the person who shuffled inside. Her ears were twitched backwards so as no water could get in there and ruin her hearing.

A warm hand slid down her spine. Namia purred at the touch, thinking it was her imagination. Then both hands ran down her sides, both warm. She suddenly realised that it wasn't her imagination and whirled around to confront the intruder. Tanken stood there in all his glory, smiling mischievously.

" Tanken....what are you...."
" Come to check on you."
Namia smiled, knowing that wasn't the only reason. She pulled him into a kiss with the water flowing over both of them. Pulling away, she smiled at him devilishly.
" I hope that wasn't all you were planning to do here..."

[center]*******************************[/center]

Namia snuggled into Tanken's shoulder as they sat around a campfire on the outskirts of the city. All of the other Resistance fighters had gathered around the fire, except for Vaxla who had disappeared somewhere. Halthan and Sabin had been talking to each other earlier and wanted to consult Tanken on something when they rudely walked in on Namia, who was dressing in Tanken's room after her shower. Luckily she was in a good mood, and let them off with a whack of her transformed spear to both of them.

Terra, Vincent, Densi and a newcomer, Raion, had been scouting the area, looking for what essentials were around and reported back, much to Terra's disgust. Although she did question Namia about her and Tanken, however Namia just blushed and told her to wait and see. Cairo had joined in on Sabin and Halthan's conversation when they turned to Tanken who was looking at Namia asleep on his lap.
" What now Tanken, now that you have the Pinnacle?"

OOC: Hee hee hee. Hope you don't mind Ober. ;)[/FONT][/COLOR]

OOC: O_O again, I said "wow"... except this time people started lookin at me weird.

Takuya, Sephy_07, I think this is how this should be resolved. Gakana simply ignored the order to retreat, and Deus knows this, so he doesn't send Citian... just yet... hehehehe.

IC:

"So, what now Tanken, now that you have the Pinnacle?" asked Cairo.

Tanken looked at the chaos sword in its sheath. "Damn... I asked myself that question. I think we should try not to attract attention with this... In other words, Jadou must not learn we have this. He might try to do something drastic. A full-frontal attack on Deus wouldn't be wise just yet. We need to weaken his outposts. Without fingers, his arms won't do much good." Tanken inserted the metaphor neatly.

Cairo looked thoughtfully at the fire. "So you're saying..."

Sabin stood, "We are going to cecede from the Resistance?" he gave Tanken a critical look. "That sounds very unwise... Jadou may not be the most brilliant tactician, but he has suitable forces for conquest. We don't!" Sabin eyed him as Tanken thoughtfully snuggled closer to Namia.

"We need more forces. Jadou may be corrupted with this power... He knows how to lead a resistance... not a country. We can't risk it. I leave the decision with you. If I must, I will go alone. I can't let Jadou have control over Sanatos."

"What if you get corrupted?" Raion asked simply.

"I... I won't..." Tanken snuggled closer still to Namia. "I promise..."

The nightbirds hooted as Vincent scouted around, alot had happened in the last 24 hours. The solitude of night was really the only peace Vincent could find. He sat down on a dry, mossy, log and looked up at the stars.
"Stars, huh" Terra's voice spoke, Vincent turned to look at her, emerging from some bushes.
"Yeah, there fantastic, aren?t they" Vincent replied, Terra giggled and then had a full on laugh.
"Hahaha, no! they just sit around and do nothin but shine, they have it easy" Terra replied, Vincent found the funny side and laughed. "I bet on the inside your a softy haha" terra added, but Vincent stopped laughing and looked down and sighed. Terra shut up ad looked puzzled.

"Wha....Whats wrong" Terra asked, she sat down on the log next to Vincent.
"Its...nothing...really" Vincent lied. Terra looked at him as if to say 'Do i look that dumb to you!?'
"Its just...i am normal on the inside, soft as you put it, its just i put up a hard, wordy disgruntled act because its all ive ever known. In my childhood, only the strong survived, that?s what it was like for me, for a very long time." Vincent said.
"I'm sorry, i forgot about what happened to you..." Terra said, trying to tip-toe round the subject as best as she could.

"Umm..so..What do you thinks been going on between Namia and Tanken? Namia is being really discreet about the subject, i think there in love!" Terra announced, trying to change the subject.
"Love can bloom anywhere, between anyone, at any time" Vincent added, rather coldly.
"Vincent..." Terra asked.
"Yes"
"Have you ever been in love?"
"Once" Vincent replied, before Terra could say "What ever happened" Vincent added "But it ended in sorrow" Terra budged up closer to Vincent.

"She was a deadly assassin i was meant to kill, but it was love at first. She was the most beautiful women i had ever seen; Little did i know this was her method of killing; deadly attraction. In the end.... i had to kill her..." Vincent said sorrowfully. Terra hugged Vincent , and he hugged back.

OOC: Ok, maybe i included too much love and sorrow in that post, but Vincent is a complicated guy....ok if u don?t like ill edit

OOC: Sorry if this offends anyone (I'm pretty sure it won't, but i like to have my bases covered), but I'm going to assume that the group agreed to cecede from the Resistance. Anyone who wants out, just desert us later! ^_^' Sorry!

IC:
There was general agreement all around. The resistance, although strong in men, was not strong in the hierarchy. They had a sense of purpose, but once that purpose was gone, they had nothing to fall back on. There was no telling what Jadou might do, given ultimate power.

Tanken held Namia close, glad he could now do so. She gave him comfort. Tanken smiled, [i]Maybe when this whole fiasco is over with... We could raise a family...[/i] he thought. [i]Maybe. First... I don't want my children to be brought up oppressed. I have to return Paragon to its original place... So that others will not have to live through this tyranny...[/i] Tanken buried his face in Namia's hair.

"Tommorrow... We take on the mercenary town Gera. We may be able to recruit a larger force there. We'll need more people than just us to get through. Agreed?" Tanken offered.

The group agreed, many of them making displays of their valor and conviction. Tanken looked at Vincent. He was sitting close to Terra, obviously uncomfortable, indecisive. Tanken smiled inwardly. [i]About time...[/i]

Namia smiled drowsily at Tanken, turning to kiss him. "I'm in. Let's make some plans, Tanken."

Tanken smiled, standing up and offering his hand to Namia, who stood without help. She smiled at him. "Remember: this cat has claws."

"Right." Tanken agreed, laughingly. He picked up the Pinnacle, and headed into a tent with Namia.

OOC: Alright... This is how I'm going to do this. IT's going to be a bit odd, but...
If you want to have a specialized Merc(enary), then post his character data in the orignal signup post. We'll need probably five more specialized Mercs, and anyone intent on creating one should PM me. Thanks!
(All mercs must follow the character signup sheet for regular characters. PM me before making one, and WAIT FOR ME TO RESPOND! :flaming: Thank you ^_-)

Vaxla excecuted yet another series of impossible acrobatic maneuvers, but she wasn't dodging Gakana's blasts. She was countering every one with a blast of her own. Her moves were intended to bring her in closer to the demon without getting killed. She was closing in when Gakana faded into the ground. Instead of backing off, Vaxla stayed near gakana, sensing the demon's location through the darkness. When Gakana reemerged, she was ready. She planted one pole on the ground, using it to vault herself over Gakana. Then, she spun herself around Gakana in the same manner as with Yuber. Unlike against Yuber, she went for the limbs instead of the face. A few seconds later, Gakana was lying on the ground, minus one arm and leg.

"You lose," Vaxla said. "Now, I have a question for you. I must know why you decided to fight me. What reason do you have for attempting to kill me?"

"Because I needed to feed, and I could feel your energy."

"I remember now. You drain the energy from your victims. You went for me because you felt a lot of energy coming from me. What you failed to realize is that, as an Elementalist of Darkness, I could nullify your darkness-based abilities because we battled in the darkness."

"That mistake resulted in my loss," Gakana told her. "I assume you intend to kill me, but before you do, I feel that you should be informed of something. Durring our battle, someone ordered me to withdraw. But I was not here under anyone's orders. Whoever gave the order assumed that I would obey unquestioningly, even though I didn't know who gave it."

"Sounds like Deus Marich to me. The bastard's arrogant as hell. It wouldn't surprise me if he did it. That's the kind of thing he'd do. Now, I must be going." And with that, she channeled the energy of the night into Gakana, literally blowing the demon up. After that, she turned and left.

Densi had been against the idea of leaving the Resistance at first, after all he was sent to get there help. But after some persuation, he agreed. "No matter what now, we will need some kind of army, mercs may do for some things, but there is still a huge army in Sanatos, and we will have to fight some big battles sooner or latter, plus even if you win, you still have the Resistance to worry about...Jadou may be a good guy, but if he thinks he's gonna become the new ruler and doesn't, you can't be possitive how he'll act. My people are already marching around the outter cities of Sanatos, they are prepared to fight for the good cause, but they need to know who there allies are."

Densi looked around, "All I need to do is tell them, and they will draw out Merichs forces. With his armies all fighting against the Edrick Dunes it will be easier to get close to him."

Densi stood up and whistled, and the message hawk appeared, "My lord is prepared to attack, he will fight this war with or without you, but if we are united then it will be much easier."

[FONT=Trebuchet MS][COLOR=Purple]Namia stretched very feline-like before sitting up slowly. She looked over beside her. Tanken lay there with the thin sheet just pulled up to his navel, revealing his bare chest. She smiled to herself.
" Oh Tanken....I'd never thought you'd be the one who'd sweep me off my feet.....literally..." She remember the way he'd gotten both of them out of the Resistance City when it was invaded. Yawning, Namia slowly stood up and dressed herself silently, not wanting to wake him.

The sky was slowly turning a bright blue as the sun poked its blazing head over the horizon. It was dawn - Namia's favourite time of the day. Everyone was still sleeping, except her and the posts. The morning was quiet and still. Not even a bird chirped to wake the sleeping members of the Resistance. Her tail swished side-to-side slowly and her ears twitched, straining to hear any sound other than snores or grunts from sleeping.

Leaping up into a tree, Namia leant back against the trunk, thinking of last night's events. She didn't truly understand what Tanken was planning to do, but she had faith in him, and knew that everything was going to be ok, for better or for worse.
" I feel like being nice today. I think I'll cook breakfast for everyone."
Hopping down from the tree, Namia grabbed her spear and sniffed out the nearest water source with fish.

Kneeling down at the edge of the pool, Namia keenly watched the fish swim around below, oblivious of the threat looming above them. With quick darts of her spear and hands, she quickly aquired all the fish she needed to feed the camp. Skewering most of them on her spear and holding some in her other hand, Namia walked back to the camp, gathered what cooking supplies she needed and starting cooking. Soon, a delicious lemony smell drifted throughout the camp.

OOC: Couldn't think of much. Just as Namia is, I'm confused about what you are planning Ober.[/FONT][/COLOR]

Upon returning to the camp, Vaxla could immediatly sense something. She recognised it immediatly, even though she had never felt it before. Any ELementalist could feel its presence, and no Elementalist would ever have any doubt as to what it was.

[i]So it's been found,[/i] Vaxla thought. [i]Good. That makes my task much easier.[/i]

Vaxla followed the pull of the object to a tent. She didn't bother with politeness; she just walked right in. Tanken drew his weapon out of reflex, then relaxed when he recognised Vaxla. "Jesus Christ, Vaxla!" he exclaimed. "You scared me half to death! Knock next time, okay?"

"Fine," Vaxla replied. "Now, there is a very good reason for my visit."

"I have something to tell you too, Vaxla," Tanken said, remembering Vaxla's statement that she wasn't actually a member of the Resistance. "Several of us have decided to leave the Resistance. We feel that the Resistance leader, Jadou, is not fit to replace Deus Marich. If that were to happen, Jadou would end up abusing his power. We won't let him do that. Would you be willing to join us?"

"You do not have the forces to assult Marich's palace. Neither does the Resistance, but they are closer than you are. Currently, remaining with the Resistance offers us the greatest chance of success. And there is a much simpler way to prevent Jadou from replacing Marich. Simply kill him, and the problem will be removed.

"Now, I'm not here to discuss this with you. I have another reason for coming here. I require the Pinnacle."

Tanken did his best to hide his astonishment. Vaxla wasn't supposed to know about the PInnacle. Tanken decided to feign ignorance "The Pinnacle? I've never heard of it."

"Don't play dumb with me, Tanken. I know you have it. I can feel it. Any Elementalist could. We are attuned to the basic energies of the world, and the Pinnacle was created directly from those energies. I know you have it, Tanken."

"You are correct," Tanken replied. "I do have it, and I'm not giving it to you."

"Don't worry, I have no intention of delivering it to Marich. Well, that's not quite true. Marich will get it, all right, and I'll give it to him. Blade-first. Marich is [i]mine[/i], and that sword's the easiest way to kill him. So give it to me. Now."

------------------------------------------------------------------

OOC: Ober, please tell me if anything's wrong with that.

OOC: I dunno, maybe a little bit of complication could add to the story! O_O

IC:
"I'm sorry, but the Pinnacle is too powerful to be used by those who do not know its power. I'd give it to you, had you even the slightest inkling of how dangerous it is." he said, his eyes narrowing, "I understand your wish to kill Deus, as it is my wish to do so as well, but don't be blinded by your delusions of grandeur. Deus will be defeated, if it takes us the next few years to do so."

"But..." Vaxla began

"No buts. This sword is by no means a plaything. It is not to be used for dark purposes, otherwise it is capable of immense destruction. End of story." Tanken said, looking sympathetic for Vaxla.

Vaxla went silent and reflective. "So, about the resistance... You're sure this is a good idea? Jadou would be an easy assassination." said Vaxla.

"It seems good on paper, but what one must realize is that anyone in power is a difficult person to take out. Jadou would be impossible, he's a champion of the people, and unless we want tyrannical rule..." Tanken reminded her. "Instead of ruling an empire, we need to focus on City-States. It's worked for a long time, and the Empire just ruined it. Now, if you'll excuse me..." Tanken said "I've got a few things I need to do. First, I need to figure out just how this cecede is going to work."

Vaxla turned, but not before she gave him a glare of defiance. She left, not saying a word.

Tanken sighed, looking at the Pinnacle. "Damn this... I don't want to have this thing with me... but Vaxla couldn't either. This is far too confusing..." Tanken said to himself. "Too much has transpired in the past few hours..." Tanken added, having very mixed images of Namia, the cold-blooded killer, and the soft warm body underneath the sheets last night.

"Christ..." Tanken said, just reflecting. "The past 24 hours were more entertaining than my entire previous life combined. And more complicated..." Tanken added softly.

He walked out of the tent, being met with a pleasantly light breeze. He sighed, wordlessly, as he made his way to the edge of the wood they had camped near. He spied Namia. "Hey! Namia! Come here, I gotta talk to you!" Tanken said, happily, he hoped.

Namia nodded, shoving the last of a lemony fish in her mouth and bringing two with her. "Coming!" she said, strapping her spear to her back.

-----

"This is good fish, Namia!" Tanken said. Namia smiled broadly.

"Yeah, it's good for the digestion, too." She said, looking heroic. Her stature fell. "Hey, you said you needed to talk to me."

"Yeah... We'll talk as we walk." He said, starting into the forest. Namia walked next to him, holding his hand. Tanken smiled, Namia's presence made him feel much more comfortable.

"What's on your mind?' Namia asked.

"Lots of things... mostly what has been happening for the last few hours... It's a lot to bear down on a guy, you know?" Tanken said, looking Namia in the eyes.

"I know what you mean." Namia said, her voice betraying no sense of regret.

They reached a stream, and Tanken motioned for Namia to sit with him. "It was smart to cecede, right?" He said, uncertainly. "You saw why? Does it bother you?"

Namia shook her head. "It doesn't matter if I'm sure. It matters if you are. You need to realize that." She said, sitting next to him, leaning on his shoulder.

"Yeah... I just feel like the world's fallen on my shoulders..." He smiled, putting his arm around Namia. "I love you, Namia. Thank you for hearing me out... I needed that."

It was then they heard the noise.

OOC: What noise did they hear? hehehehehehehehe....

OOC~ I'm back :D ! Mardi Gras was fun, but now it's time to buckle down into my usual rutine (sleep, study, computer).
-------------
[COLOR=GREEN]Terra rolled out from her sheets onto the bare ground. "Ugg... what a wake up call," she mumbled getting to her feet. As she got up, she strained her mind to rememer last night's events. So much seemed to have transgressed in the past 24 hours. Namia getting kidnapped; the attack on the outposts; Tanken's suggestion to cecede from the resistance, and...

"Vincent!" The last thing she could remember from last night was sitting on the log by the fire next to Vincent, but she couldn't remember walking back to the tent. After a moment she just shugged it off thinking, [I]Maybe I was just so tired that I don't remember walking back.[/I]

Just then, a delicious scent drifted past her nose. [I]What's that smell?[/I] she thought, poking her head out of the tent. Not bothering to grab her coat, Terra pulled on her boots and began to follow the aroma. Near a dying camp fire she saw it. "Mmmm! Lemon grilled fish!" Her mouth was salivating at the mear sight and smell. She then looked around. "I'm sure whoever cooked these won't mind if I take just one." And with that, Terra swiped one of the larger fish from the plater and began to stroll around the encampment with her dish in one hand and a fork in the other.

After she had finished her breakfast, Terra began walking near the edge of camp, waiting for everyone else to wake up. Just then she heard voices coming from in the woods. "I knew I wasn't the only one awake." She quietly followed the voices into the forest, since she wasn't exactly sure who it was yet. But as she drew nearer she distintly heard Namia and Tanken's voices.

The two of them were standing close to each other in a small clearing. [I]This is perfect,[/I] she thought, [I]If Namia won't tell me what's going between her and Tanken, then I'll just conferm it for myself.[/I] And with that, Terra began listening keenly to their conversation.

"What's on your mind?' Namia asked.

"Lots of things... mostly what has been happening for the last few hours... It's a lot to bear down on a guy, you know?" Tanken said, looking Namia in the eyes.

"I know what you mean." Namia said, her voice betraying no sense of regret.

They reached a stream, and Tanken motioned for Namia to sit with him. "It was smart to cecede, right?" He said, uncertainly. "You saw why? Does it bother you?"

Namia shook her head. "It doesn't matter if I'm sure. It matters if you are. You need to realize that." She said, sitting next to him, leaning on his shoulder.

"Yeah... I just feel like the world's fallen on my shoulders..." He smiled, putting his arm around Namia. "I love you, Namia. Thank you for hearing me out... I needed that."

[I]Yes! I knew it![/I] But in her excitement, Terra accedently struck the tree she was hiding behind with her elboe, causing its leaves to shake violently. [I]Shit! Now they know I'm here.[/I] She quickly crouched behind a bush.

"Who's there?" Namia shouted.

"Yes, show yourself!" added Tanken.

"Heh... Hey guys," said Terra sheepishly as she emerged from her hinding place, "What's up?"[/COLOR]
--------------
OOC~ Yeah, Terra made the noise. You guys can decide what happens next.

[COLOR=Purple][FONT=Trebuchet MS]Namia half sighed with relief when Terra appeared. The image of the Black Knight raced through her mind when she heard the noise. He often haunted her thoughts and dreams, but he was gone now - she made sure of that.

" Terra...that was you?" Tanken asked sternly. Terra nodded sheepishly.
" Oh Terra..." Namia sighed. " You gave us one hell of a scare. What are you doing out here?"
" Do you really want to know?" Terra asked, artfully dodging the question.
" Terra!" Tanken said disapprovingly.
" Okay okay! I was eavesdropping on you two. Happy?" She crossed her arms, feeling a little agitated. Tanken and Namia looked at each other then burst out laughing. Terra had a look of utter confusion on her face.
" What are you two laughing about?"
" Just you Terra. Miss busy-body," Namia said to her, winking at her. Terra's mouth dropped.
" Miss busy-body! Why I outta.....!" Then Terra realised that Namia was just provoking her - like she had always done.

" So Terra, what was happening with you and Vincent last night?" Tanken asked suddenly.
" Wha?" Terra asked, again looking utterly confused.
" Getting a bit close over there, last night, by yourselves," Tanken edged on.
Terra just stared at him wide-eyed and wide-mouthed. " We.....we...."
" We were what?" asked Tanken. Namia just looked on, waiting for Terra's answer.
" We were taking about you two in fact! How you two are in 'lurve'!" Terra said quickly. At that moment, Namia knew there was something else. Terra wasn't normally ruffled like this. It toook something personal to ruffle her this much.

" Tanken, I think you might touch a nerve there," Namia whispered into his ear warningly. He sighed - seeming a little deflated. After all, provoking Terra was one of his favourite past-times. Terra looked at how gentle Namia was when with Tanken - a definite contrast to the Namia she knew.

Namia picked up her spear and Tanken made sure Pinnacle was at his side. With Terra, they walked back to camp. Tanken was nervous about his decision to cecede from the Resistance - Namia could see it in his eyes, no matter how much he tried to hide it. This was a difficult decision, for him and the rest of group.

OOC: There you go Ober. The floor is yours. By the way, really enjoying this RPG.[/COLOR][/FONT]

Namia, Tanken, and Terra were on there way back to camp. Oddly enough, the conversation had switched to talking about the decline of onions.

"So i think due to heavy over usage in food, the onion is now nearly extinct!" Terra said, putting her opinion through. Tanken just replied with an unenthusiastic 'yeah', his mind was in other places. Namia used her tail to to stroke Tanken and prrrr-ed, but Tanken was clearly not in the mood.
"....And so the one the apple will go the way of the onion....hey are you to listening to me?!" Terra continued with a shout. Afew birds flew out of there trees to get some peace and quiet. "oh..im sorry..i forgot" Terra replied. For the rest of the way no-one said a word....until they came to a clearing.

"Oh shit! We've gone the wrong way!" Tanken swore, he stomped his foot on the floor.
"Don't worry, we just make our way back and take a left at the apple tree" Namia comforted, she had never seen Tanken so nerve racked.
"The Way the onion is going, there wont be any apples" Terra said smugly, but no-one took notice.

[CENTER]-30 minutes later-[/CENTER]
Tanken and co. had finally arrived back at the camp. Tanken returned to his tent and closed the flap. Namia went to go over to him, but Terra grabbed her shoulder.
"I Think its best if we leave him, he has to much on his mind for 'luvin'" Terra said. Namia sighed and turned to face Terra.
"As much as I hate to admit it, your right" Namia groaned, she walked off her own way. Terra looked around, she decided to have a peek into Vincent?s tent.

Se discreetly opened that flap and giggled, but then she saw Vincent lying ontop of is bed covers, fast asleep like a baby. He was wearing nothing but shorts and a smile on his face. Terra looked up and down his body and blushed. She put her hand forward to touch his chest, with every second her hand came closer and closer. Her fingertips could feel his warmth.

"Morning Terra, watcha doing?" Sabins voice asked. Terra jumped up in shock and ended up stretching Vincent chest by accident. Vincent immediately woke up and drew his sword, slashing part of the tent in shock. Seconds later, the whole tent collapsed.
"umm...oopsie daisy" Terra said awkwardly.

Tanken entered his tent, then promptly drew his weapon in reflex, as there was already someone in his tend. He relaxed a bit when he recognised Vaxla. "God damn it, Vaxla! You could give someone a heart attack like that!"

"I doubt that will happen," Vaxla replied. "Now, I have two things to tell you. Item one: Jadou. It would be easier to kill him than you seem to think. If I did it durring the night, nobody would even see me. However, it would be clear that someone assassinated him if I did it that way. The best way to kill him would be by utilizing the concept of 'friendly fire'. Translation: Someone 'accidently' shoots him durring combat. Now, on to the main reason for my presence here. You probably know what it is."

"I'm not giving you the Pinnacle," Tanken said.

"You don't seem to understand. I am going to kill Deus Marich, no matter what. If you're going to get to him first, I will not hesitate to kill you. I will not allow anyone else to kill Marich. I will kill him, no matter what."

"How are you going to without the Pinnacle?"

"Well," Vaxla explained, "I had a plan before the Pinnacle was found, and it's really very simple. The Paragon contains great power, but it does nothing to protect one from gunfire. A good shot to the head works just as well as it does on anyone else. But there's risk, because I have to get my shot off fast. However, I don't need to worry about that, because you were so kind as to find the Pinnacle for me."

"I will not give you the Pinnacle," Tanken repeated.

"You don't have a choice, Tanken." Even durring the day, Vaxla was quick. She had Tanken on the ground with a wrist gun three inches in front of his face before he knew what was happening. "Either you give me the Pinnacle, or I take it."

--------------------------------------------------------

OOC: Again, I hope that's all right.

Tanken looked up nervously at Vaxla, and smiled. Vaxla looked confused, she held the wrist gun to his head even closer. "Give it to me!" she growled through gritted teeth.

In an instant, Vaxla was on the opposite wall wondering why she was there. "What the-"

Tanken stood, Pinnacle drawn and in his hand. "You hesitated. You could have died." he said, almost feeling sorry for her. [i]Almost[/i]

His eyes narrowed. "Go. Leave me. I don't want to see your face for a good long time, you bitch." He held out the Pinnacle, blade first. "This is something you'll need more than an army to remove from me. Let alone a lone woman in my tent, [i]hesitating[/i], trying to kill me. HAVE YOU EVEN CONSIDERED HOW I FEEL!? You're such a selfish little naive FUCK that you NEVER even UNDERSTOOD how it feels to be me! You think I WANT to be holding the world's only hope!? FANTASY! I hate this blade!" Tanken lowered it. He calmed down. "Leave. Leave before I kill you. You know I can."

Vaxla gave Tanken a look of hate and utter loathing that made him wince. She left, angrily. She turned. "I'll be back." much less a farewell than a warning.

Tanken sighed and stood to ponder about things.

"The only way from here is forward. We need to press on. The mercenary city is going to be difficult to liberate... but we need all the help we can get... The mercs in that town are very talented, so the city is most likely guarded well..." Tanken reviewed plans he had made earlier. "Why do I have an overwhelming sense of nostalgia? ... It's like I should remember this place..."

Namia walked in. "Are... you okay now, Tanken?"

Tanken sighed. "Yeah. Yeah I am. I never realized how hard it would be to keep Pinnacle out of Vaxla's hands... she was trying to kill me for it. Luckily, she hesitated. We need to do something about her... she really wants to kill Deus. She has no regard for what damage she could incur... socially and physically." Tanken looked at the Pinnacle. "She really is too naive... She is worthless to us as a fighter until she realizes just how deep her head is under the water. But..." Tanken looked to Namia. "...Enough about what's eating me, what's going on with you? You seem less assertive than usual. Anything bothering you?"

Namia looked at him critically. "Nothing out of the ordinary. Just a bit off color. I'll be back and at it soon enough... I'm worried about you, Tanken. You're really becoming a lot more involved in this than anyone else... Try resting awhile..." Namia said, trying to evoke a smile.

Tanken smiled, but it was a strange, unusual smile. "Alright. I'll rest. Hey!" he looked out of the tent. He pointed at the horizon. "Come with me. I've something to show you."

Tanken raced along, trying to reach it in time. He found it, and it was a cliff. He sat, and motioned for Namia to sit by him. He put his arm around her, and squeezed. He pointed at the sunset, turning various colors of Orange, Red, and Yellow.

Namia gazed on in awe. "It's beautiful..." she said.

Tanken nodded and smiled. "You know? The first time I saw a sunset in Balkazzar, I knew..." he looked at Namia, "'Yeah, it's beautiful, but there is something that I'd much rather have...'" Tanken held Namia tightly. "I knew I'd rather have you than every sunset, than every other beautiful thing in the world. You are my treasure... Thanks for being there for me..." Tanken looked much more confident now.

Namia smiled. She looked at Tanken who radiated his newfound self-worth. "You look much better when you're confident. Insecure doesn't work for you." she said giggling.

OOC: All right, my time for today is up. Take it away, Namia!

Vaxla chuckled as she walked away from Tanken's tent. [i]Hesitated? Does he really think I'm stupid enough to [/i]hesitate[/i]? If he does, he's mistaken. If I'd meant to kill him, he'd be dead. No, it's best if I leave him alive, even if it means I'll have to steal the Pinnacle from him. He's too skilled a fighter to justify killing as long as he remains an enemy of Marich. Besides, there may be a way I can convince him to give me the PInnacle. After all, the old I'll-scratch-your-back-if-you-scratch-mine principle hasn't failed yet."

Tanken wasn't in his tent. Vaxla had to search for a little while before she found him and Namia sitting on a cliff looking at the horizon. Hearing Vaxla's approach, Tanken looked back, then quickly sprang to his feet, Namia doing the same. Before they could draw any weapons, vaxla had one wrist gun pointed at each of them. "Try anything, and I'll put a nice hole in your head. Now, I assume you know what I'm here for."

"I won't let you have it, Vaxla!" tanken said. "Don't you understand? You have to realize what kind of damage you might do!"

"Is anything I would do any worse than what Marich has done?" Vaxla shot back. "There is [i]nothing[/i] I could do that's worse than what he's done. And I have no desire to do anything other than kill Marich. I wil not try to take the throne, and I honestly don't even care if I die, as long as Marich dies with me. As for who replaces Marich, well, why should I worry about it? Not only do I not care, but you're here to take care of that. My goal is simply to kil Marich, but this Resistance, to be successful, must establish a replacement government. With Marich dead, you can do that, and I intend toleave you to it. I'd even return the Pinnacle after killing Marich."

"Nothing you say will do any good, Vaxla!" Namia told her.

"Maybe, but maybe not. See, I have a proposal. We both have someone we want taken care of. My proposal is this: I remove the problem of Jadou, and in return, I get the Pinnacle until Marich is dead, at which point I will return it to you. Oh, and I had no desire to kill you earlier, Tanken. I didn't hesitate, because I had no intention to shoot. And I won't shoot if you decline to accept my proposal. I will shoot only if you move to attack me. Now, what's your answer?

----------------------------------------------------

OOC: Well, Ober? Oh, I've also sent you a PM, which you should read before replying.

[COLOR=GREEN]Terra?s head emerged from the rubble of the collapsed tent. ?Sabin!? she yelled in frustration, but Sabin had already taken off, knowing full well that a pissed off Terra was no one to tangle with. Then she heard Vincent mumble something from under the tent cloth. She ducked underneath it to see if he was ok.

?You ok?? she asked.

Vincent rubbed the back of his head then looked at Terra. ?Uh? yeah. What the heck were you doing in here, anyway??

Terra?s face turned a shade redder at this. ?Um? uh? Well, uh? some wake up call, huh?? she stammered out in a feeble attempt to change the subject, ?Though, uh, I didn?t mean for it to go quite like this.?

Vincent looked at her for a moment then burst out laughing. Terra looked at him puzzled. ?What?s so funny??

?Nothing,? he managed to say through the laughter, ?Just you.? Terra started to say something at this, then thought to herself. Her stuttering had been pretty pathetic and at this, began giggling herself.

After spending a few minutes laughing over something that was rather quite pointless, the two of them sighed and looked at each other. Terra noticed how deep and pure Vincent?s dark eyes looked. They leaned closer to each other, their lips inches apart?

Suddenly someone lifted and pulled the tent cover off of them.[/COLOR]
------------------
OOC~ I hope this is ok. If so then I really don't care who finds them.....
On a side note, I may not get to sign on as much as usual since I have quarter finals coming up. So if I disappear for more than a week, I just passed out from cramming.
Happy late Valentine's :love: !

OOC: Vaxla, I suggest you read my reply. Perhaps it will help you understand your surroundings.

IC:
"There is no man that needs to be 'Taken care of'." Tanken said, strongly. He stepped closer to Vaxla, who pointed the gun at him.

"Stay back or I make good on my threat." Vaxla replied coldly. Tanken stepped forward again.

"You don't realize that with or without Jadou, we can be successful. We just needed to exit his ring of influence." Tanken drew the Pinnacle. Vaxla had lost her advantage.

Guns were only useful if you used them before the target could stop you from doing so. Vaxla sweated and cocked the hammer.

"Go ahead. You saw what happened last time." Tanken said, using the Pinnacle to lower her gun. "You are an extremist. You just need to sleep and think about what your position on the matter is."

Vaxla flushed with anger. She trudged off, feeling very stupid, and very determined to get the advantage next time.

Tanken looked back at Namia. "Now, where were we?" He said, smiling.

Namia looked at Tanken strangely. "You're bouncing back that quickly? Vaxla might have killed you!" She said.

"No... Vaxla's not a bad person. She's just... misguided. She doesn't understand the world around her. I accept that... I was like that once." Tanken replied simply.

Namia still eyed him warily. She sat, and looked again at the sunset. Tanken sidled next to her, and pulled her head into her chest...
OOC: Alright, NOW take it away, Namia!

[COLOR=Purple][FONT=Trebuchet MS][b]OOC: Thank you Ober! Finally I get to post![/b]

Namia sighed as she lay her head against Tanken's chest.

[i]Why wasn't Vaxla getting the message? Surely twice was enough. Obviously Vaxla was hell-bent on killing Jadou, so hell-bent that she wasn't considering what consequences there might be.[/i]

" What's on your mind Namia?" Tanken asked softly. Namia lifted her head and looked Tanken square in the eyes.
" Tanken. If you really want to go through with this, there is no point in dawdling around here. We must take action soon. If we don't, the threat could overwhelm us sooner rather than later."
Tanken looked away from Namia's gaze and over the forest that lay below the cliff that sat upon. He really looked worried about the decision he was going to make. Namia was concerned about him - he couldn't handle the burden alone.

Stretching, Namia stood and grabbed her spear.
" I'm going to leave you alone for a while Tanken. Out of respect of the thoughts and actions you need to consider for this upcoming decision." With that, Namia walked away. She really didn't want to leave him there alone, but she thought it was the best thing to do.

[b]Back at camp...[/b]

Namia sat near the fire as night loomed around them. A chill breeze cut through the air like ice. She slightly shivered. Then Namia heard laughing - one male, one female. The fmelae's laugh was distinct and Namia instantly recognised it as Terra's. Walking over to the tent where the laughter originated from, she pressed her ear lightly on the canvas. Now all she heard was bodies moving. A wicked smile came to Namia's face.

[i]Time for payback Terra...[/i]

Craftily walking around to the front flap of the tent, Namia lifted it quickly and poked her head inside. She saw Vincent and Terra less than an inch away from kissing each other.
" What's up guys?" Namia asked.

[b]OOC: Payback for before ssjSolarPrincess ;)[/b][/COLOR][/FONT]

[COLOR=GREEN]OOC~ I guess I had that coming :D Your lucky I blew off studying tonight.
---------------
" What's up guys?" Namia asked.

Vincent's and Terra's faces instantly turned bright red. "Gah! Namia! What the hell!" Namia just looked at them smerking.

"I was just seeing what you guys were doing, but I see you're busy. I'll come back later." Namia turned and left, grinning to herself. Terra, however, had quickly gone from shocked to pissed, and immedeately followed Namia out. She jumped into the air and sumersalted to land in front of Namia, her pole extended in hand.

"Ok, what the hell was that all about?" asked Terra angrily. Namia just laughed.

"Simple, sweetie. Payback!" responded Namia

"This is about earilier, huh?" questioned Terra, "Well, it's not like I ever walked in on you and Tanken."

"Hum, true. But at least now you know how it feels to be interupted from one of [I]those[/I] kind of moments." Namia turned to head away.

"Just you wait," Terra said furiously, "When you least expect it..."

"Wait," Namia cut in, turning back to face her, "If we keep this up, it'll never end."

Terra looked at Namia puzzled. She lowered her pole, "Huh? What do you mean?"

"Listen. We've both been nagging each other lately about our relationships with Tanken and Vincent. And we've even resorted to evedropping on each other, all because we couldn't just say what the other wanted to know"

Terra tilted her head to one side, "And your point with all this is...?"

"What I'm saying," Namia continued, "Is that I really think we should talk about this. That way there's no secrets between us, and we don't resort to spying to find out what we want to know."

Terra, looking down at the ground with a slightly disgruntaled look, thought for a moment then looked up with a light smile. "Sound fine with me. But lets go somewhere a bit more privet. I'd rather our conversation be kept to ourselves." And with that the two of them, weapons still in hand, walked into the woods.
-----------------
OOC~ So yeah, Terra and Namia are gonna talk it out and not fight, hope this is ok with you, amgoddess, but that doesn't mean some of the others can't [I]think[/I] a major "cat" fight is about to ensue.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=Purple][FONT=Trebuchet MS][b]OOC: I don't mind. Although it was quite funny trying to get back at one another.[/b]

Namia and Terra walked through the woods, both looking for a place to talk. Namia found it quite interesting that Terra tried to threaten her, but even if they had duked it out, Namia would have won.
" Over here Namia," Terra called, running through the woods to a waterfall both could hear. Calmly, Namia walked to the waterfall and joined Terra sitting on a large rock at the edge of the pool.

" So..." Terra started.
Namia smiled. " Obviously you want me to go first."
" Heh. Of course."
Namia rolled her eyes. " What can I say? There's not much. Just that Tanken and I are romantically involved."
" And...."
" And what?"
" AND WHAT? I want to know what you two have been doing, together, alone. You did say there wasn't going to be any secrets between us."
Terra had got Namia there. Namia gulped. " How much do you want to know?"
" You said..."
" I got the message. Well, first off he saw me naked while I bathed in the river at our first camp. Then there was a sort of small discovering session at the city that we recently liberated. Then a two person shower. And then we've been sleeping together for the past few nights. Enough information for you?"
Terra's eyes were wide. Namia smiled. " Now your turn."[/FONT][/COLOR]

OOC: Oooo... Terra's being interrogated! O_O And T&N's secrets revealed! What will befall our hapless heroes next!?

By the way, Deus. I think now would be a good time to get that Citain character into the picture. Allow me the pleasure... PM me if you have any objections.

IC:
Tanken sat, alone. He was happy to watch the sunset, but not so happy to see Namia leave. No doubt she was doing something important, but Tanken wanted to talk to her.

"Too bad, I guess." Tanken said aloud, to himself.

He stood, glancing once more at the sunset.

"Beautiful..." he said.

"It is... it is..." A voice behind him said.

Tanken turned, drawing Pinnacle.

Citain stood, smirking. "No offense, but I have been sent to kill you."

He drew the Omrigan, and the fight began.

-----

[i]CLANG![/i]

Tanken and Citain were sword-locked.

Tanken pulled back, firing a Hessler, which made a hole in Citain's head as big as his fist.

Tanken panted, out of surprise. "Damn, that was easy..." he was stopped by a body behind him.

"Too easy?" Citain suggested from behind Tanken.

"JESUS!" Tanken cried, nearly being hit by the Omrigan's beam.

He ran to engage Citain, but was continuously unsuccessful. Citain just avoided every attack. Citain went in for a strike, and Tanken dove out of the way, regaining his footing, and locking swords with him. Citain pulled back this time, firing a beam from Omrigan.

The beam never hit. It was deftly deflected by Vaxla.

"What?" Tanken said, confused.

"You needed help. I'm helping." Vaxla replied, simply. She held her rod, surprised it didn't break.

Tanken realized something. "The Omrigan! It's not sharp! It's a dull piece of metal!" He noted loudly.

Citain regarded this comment, "Very good, but it doesn't need to be sharp to kill..." He said, swinging it with unusual speed. Vaxla and Tanken ducked quickly under the direction of the swing.

Three trees behind them were shredded to paper.

Tanken noted this. "We're going to need more than two people to kill this one."