OtakuBoards

People... what are you afraid of?

Eternal Snow

What are you afraid of?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. What are you afraid of?

• Being late for an occasion
    • Failing your tests and exams
    • Not being able to get all your favourite anime series before the end of the year
    • None of the above questions (Others...)
    • *I* am not afraid of anything...

[QUOTE=Eternal Snow]Well? What are they? Bother to share this with the rest of us?

I know I am definately afraid of failing my exams and tests.[/QUOTE]that's what I'm afraid of too, one test falled = a lifetime of pain and sorrow for me(and, my mum will threathen to sell our dog, No!Not Shiro!What did that puppy ever did to youuu???)

I'm afraid of those little puffy white dogs, that look so cute and fluffy until they come after you, with fangs bared, barking for blood. They're sort of like the evil alien babies in Galaxy Quest.

I'm afraid of ending up single the rest of my life.

I'm afraid that one day my roommate will get into the bunk above me and it will come crashing down, causing severe injury to me and awakening we quite suddenly.

I'm afraid of our cafeteria :p

I'm afraid of forgetting to do assignments, and ending up flunking out of college. It won't happen, but I still have the occasional nightmare ;)

I'm afraid of never getting to see the entire Full Metal Alchemist series or Samurai Champloo. .... What?? :confused:

I'm afraid my computer will decide to commit sepuku, and it will let out a hideous laugh right while I'm typing a term paper, before emitting a belch of smoke and dying.

I'm afraid of sitting here typing things I am afraid of all day because it is so much fun and missing my class.

Ja Mata,

James Bierly

My one true fear I have is that of disappointing those who count on me. I think this goes back to not wanting to let my parents down. If I did something bad, like getting caught doing something I wasn't suppose to, my parents always seemed so sad. They would be so sad that I let them down that it made me feel just awful. I never wanted them, or anyone I cared about, to feel that way. We have all been disappointed at some point in our lives, I just never want to be the reason someone feels that way.

I also have a fear of guinea pigs. Creepy little furry monsters. That squeaky noise they make and how they freak out when you reach in their pens. Never did like those neurotic little rodents.

I'm afraid of the dark. Childish? Yes. Without reason? No. It started when I was ten. But that's a very long story.

I'm also afraid of guys, but I'm working on that fear. I had a horrible nightmare the other night, though, where this guy pinned me down. Eek, I haven't been able to get it out of my head since.

I'm frightened easily by loud noises and such, too.

Foo... This is gonna be a bit hard..

I'm afraid of fire. Not so afraid that I'd be screaming if I saw it, but I don't like to be too close to it, for fear an ember or such will jump out and burn me, someone else, or something.

I'm afraid of hights. Not so afraid that I'd be screaming if I went up too high, I just try to stay away from them as much as I can.

...And that's about it, for major fears...

[color=indigo]I absolutely loath cockroaches, though I am not sure if I am afraid of them. After all, on hard stamp of the foot or a good swat with something heavy sends those little buggers right to hell (or heaven, if they were good little cockroaches and believed in Jesus).

As I have written a thousand times before, I am horrified by midgets. I know that isn?t very PC of me, but I don?t really care. Their small disproportioned bodies seem to roughly end at my waist line, putting their head in perfect position to head butt or bite at my genitals. Although I try and keep my distance when one is nearby they are so quick and travel right under my line of sight, which means that they often surprise me. I would give them a quick kick and punt them away like a football, but apparently that is illegal.

I also am terrified by clowns. Sure you might think that they paint their faces and do wacky balloon tricks just to entertain children, but I read [b]It[/b] and I know that just isn?t true. I know that clowns are really giant spider like things that aren?t spiders at all but something so horrible that your mind can?t fathom it (probably a midget) so it processes it as a spider. Yeah, I know that clowns are secretly stealing souls everytime they twist a new balloon creature.

Obviously the most terrifying thing in the world would be a midget clown. That is why I steer clear of Circuses. [/color]

I have many fears, including failing tests or quizzes and not collecting a full anime series by the end of the year. My greatest fear is needles. My mom literally has to force me to go to the doctor and hold me down to get a shot. It sucks, too, cuz I get sick very easily. God, just thinking about needles makes my leg hurt, I cant type anymore.

I'm... well, I guess you could call me parinoid, heh. Afraid of theslow but steady decline of the economy, afraid of hippies, the gathering darkness... you know, the usual stuff.

As far as failing tests is concerned... I've never really had to experiance that, lol. For example, just today I had my Science test, and I got 29/30, and only missed the other one because I was thinking about pie and ran out of time... long story, but it happened. (Seeing as how I ws one of three people in my class to even pass that test, I don't think I've got anything to worry about.)

The only thing that truely scares the crap out of me is this: Where the hell did I misplace my sword? Yeah... another long story, but the point is I'm afraid of the gremlin who keeps stealing my various weapons/CDs/Video Games ETC, because they are extremly sneaky and scary... And can, apperently, go places I cannot. Seriously, I'm scared. That and the good old, yet scary, gathering darkness...

[QUOTE=Sword Breaker]I'm... well, I guess you could call me parinoid, heh. Afraid of theslow but steady decline of the economy, afraid of hippies, the gathering darkness... you know, the usual stuff.

As far as failing tests is concerned... I've never really had to experiance that, lol. For example, just today I had my Science test, and I got 29/30, and only missed the other one because I was thinking about pie and ran out of time... long story, but it happened. (Seeing as how I ws one of three people in my class to even pass that test, I don't think I've got anything to worry about.)

The only thing that truely scares the crap out of me is this: Where the hell did I misplace my sword? Yeah... another long story, but the point is I'm afraid of the gremlin who keeps stealing my various weapons/CDs/Video Games ETC, because they are extremly sneaky and scary... And can, apperently, go places I cannot. Seriously, I'm scared. That and the good old, yet scary, gathering darkness...[/QUOTE]

[size=1] I'm not scared of much. Nope no clowns, heights, or midgets for me, although they do bug me, its not exactly what I call fear.

I'm scared of [b]Spiders[/b]
I hate most of all bugs but these things I actually check my ceiling for. They are just gross looking with their six legs, I caught one crawling on my bed when I was sleeping and been paranoid of them ever since. It's a fear that runs into the family as well. Just look at one.

I'm scared of [b]Getting Hurt & Rejection[/b]
I guess it's irrational of me, and I should "ascept all risks of life" but I get scared of getting hurt by other people or becoming attached to someone. I end up getting hurt anyways so there is no way to avoid this one, still its a fear I just can't seem to overcome. As far as relationship wise goes, I will NEVER tell someone I like them out of fear of rejection. Pet peeve of mine I really need to fix, I've never been rejected before, but I have rejected others myself.

I'm scared of [b]Being Forgotten[/b]
One day waking up and having everyone forget who I am. I've been through the experience plenty of times, and it doesn't feel all too good. I will be forgotten once I leave this town for sure, but I hope to make a name for myself in the future. I just know I will somehow.

I'm scared of [b]Teletubbies & Carebears[/B]
Teletubbies are scary. I just want to scream SPEAK ENGLISH! them and their nonsense gibberish...etah..ootoh hehe haha..lala! I'd rather smack my head against the wall. As for the carebears, just think of one for a second. Now you see my point :eek:
[/SIZE]

[COLOR=Red][FONT=Comic Sans MS]I'll be honest. Nothing really scares me. Someone could stick a gun in my face or put a knife to my throat and I just wouldn't give a crap. But what I do fear, the only thing really, is being alone. In the long run my only, and greatest fear is to be alone. Sounds stupid but whatever.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='The Vampire: Ed][COLOR=Red][FONT=Comic Sans MS]I'll be honest. Nothing really scares me. Someone could stick a gun in my face or put a knife to my throat and I just wouldn't give a crap. But what I do fear, the only thing really, is being alone. In the long run my only, and greatest fear is to be alone. Sounds stupid but whatever.[/FONT'][/COLOR][/quote]

Have those things actually happened to you before? One cannot say that they don't fear something they have not experienced. (If this has happened, then please disregard the above statement.)

What scares me most is dying before I complete whatever purpose I was put here to serve. And hippies....they must go.

Nothing scares me.

[font=Verdana][size=2]...nah, all I can think of is you know when you're walking around at night, and all of a sudden you hear something, or just get this feeling that something is chasing you? I can't stand it. Whether I'm by myself or with mates.[/size][/font]

[quote name='Gravy Train']Have those things actually happened to you before? One cannot say that they don't fear something they have not experienced. (If this has happened, then please disregard the above statement.)[/quote]

[COLOR=Red][FONT=Comic Sans MS]No, not the gun part. But I've had a knife pulled on me before, I just don't care enough to be afraid. A knife is more intimidating of a weapon as well seeing as you're there for the full experience seeing the knife go in and come out if stabbed, but with a gun it's quick and you don't really see it coming so it's a much different reaction. Doesn't matter, like I said I just don't care. Now why did you need to pull out what I said in my post and pick at it?[/FONT][/COLOR]

Guest Crimson Spider
Well, I've always been a little uneasy around light sockets ever since I got fried by one... twice...

Not to the point of which I can't be around sockets, or plug things in. Doesn't really hinder my preformance around them at all. Just... concious.

Occasionally I'll suffer from a severe irrational fear of a mundane but bothersome task everyonce in awhile. Brain goes all outta wack in laments terms, and I get scared and depressed and sad for a few hours. Next day, don't feel a thing.

here are some other stuff that I'm afraid of:
-a mirror in the dark(I look scary with my fringe covering my entire face)
-shrinking(yes,I did shrink by 1 cm)
-taking a piss,only to find that there's not toilet paper or the toilet refuses to flush
-full-body anime cosplay costumes
-my mother

[quote name='The Vampire: Ed][color=red][font=Comic Sans MS]No, not the gun part. But I've had a knife pulled on me before, I just don't care enough to be afraid. A knife is more intimidating of a weapon as well seeing as you're there for the full experience seeing the knife go in and come out if stabbed, but with a gun it's quick and you don't really see it coming so it's a much different reaction. Doesn't matter, like I said I just don't care.[/font'][/color][/quote]I can back you up on that, atleast from my point of view. I've had a knife pulled on me twice. It's never hit me. I'm not saying everyone is like me and doesn't care about a knife being pulled on them. I'm saying that I couldn't even care enough to worry about what the knife can do. And the fact that it is a more slower time to actually be harmed by a knife, makes it alot more intimidating. I don't know why knives don't frighten me, and I really don't care.

[color=#ff6600]I love taking walks at night. Unfortunately (especially wandering around here at campus, which I'm not yet used to), I can get a little nervous. I've had some drunk jerks yell at me before, and while that wasn't a big deal, it did catch my attention. One night a couple months ago (I was walking back to my dorm after a football game), I thought I heard someone following me. So I picked up a rock from the railroad bed I was walking next to, and took it back with me. I call it the [b]Bashinator[/b]. I don't know how useful it would ever be (hopefully not at all, as I really have no desire to want to bash someone with it) but it makes me feel a little better to have a chunk of granite in my pocket when I'm walking alone. :)

Another thing I worry about is just a broad [i]doing things wrong[/i] or making a fool of myself. Whenever I'm asked to do something new at work (keep up the salad bar, for example, work as checker, or mass-produce grilled cheese sandwiches) I get really nervous. Work is really laid-back, so no one actually thinks to [i]tell me[/i] what I am supposed to be doing. I guess that means they don't care that much if I do it wrong, but I've gotten scolded a few times for doing things that I didn't know I wasn't supposed to do. It's frustrating, and I end up being really reluctant to try new things.

That applies to a lot of what I do, actually, heh. It was a lot worse in middle school, and my years in drama during high school really helped my self confidence, but I'm still very wary of trying anything new. Which is too bad, and I seriously need to get over it, because I have a lot more fun when I don't care.

The secret to dancing well: "Don't wonder 'do I look like an idiot?' Because you do." Heh.

Other than that, I hate coming across things I'm not expecting. Like bugs in my cereal. Spiders on my shoulder. A mouse in the bathroom. It's not that I'm [i]scared[/i] of these things, I just don't like being taken by surprise.

Oh, and yes: for a few months after watching [i]Final Destination[/i] I had an [b]irrational fear that my shower would try to kill me.[/b]

love, love me do,
Sara[/color]

Well, I have had a gun put to my head and I've also had a knife put to my throat... but it didn't really scare me the way one would expect it should, and I managed to escape both situations... which I may or may not post in the survival stories thread...

It is a little scary to walk around after dark in my community, as it's extremely violent here and girls get abducted, raped and killed all the time in these parts (several a week) but it doesn't scare me enough to make me stay indoors at night... but I'm a risk-taker, too, and I've survived so far...

I guess I do have another fear that I had forgotten about. I used to work on old cars all the time (classics) and never had a problem with it until one of the really good mechanics around here had a freak accident with the jack he was using and the car he was working on crushed him and killed him.
I went to put in a new starter on a 1966 Cadillac Colais and as I crawled under the engine, I remembered that mechanic and started panicking... thinking I was going to get crushed as well.

I got the new starter in, but now every time I have to put a car up on a jack or on blocks, I start panicking as soon as I get under it.:(

My biggest fear is the end of an era.. I mean the end of an Era of People, I know change must happen, and mostly it is good, but...it saddens me so, and I am afraid. For like six-seven years now, it has been me, Jake, Geoff, Jesse, Adam, Nathan, and Schropp. We were the dominant personalities in everything, the powerful posse, the leaders of the local stuff we were in... Geoff is already gone, Schropp and Nathan too, off to college.

Jesse and Adam are gone next year too, and Jake is the year after that. Being the youngest of the posse is tough... I'm seeing us all fade away, and I very much fear being the "big man" alone, its always been "the posse", you know?

On top of that, most of out female friends are gone too, Kelly, Tiff, Cayla, Jen, Beth, Kim, Joey, etc., or are gone next year. Its just so wierd, being the last man standing, the last one to take up his own path, and depart.

Its scary and very lonesome. That is easily my biggest fear, my other fears include bean paste at the Japanese restaurant, and running over people in sports.

I just gotta see the brightside and enjoy the last days of the PowerfulPosse.

• 2 weeks later...
My biggest fear is thee Mothman...

"The weird events connected to the Mothman began on November 12, 1966 near Clendenin, West Virginia. Five men were in the local cemetery that day, preparing a grave for a burial, when something that looked like a ?brown human being? lifted off from some nearby trees and flew over their heads. The men were baffled. It did not appear to be a bird, but more like a man with wings. A few days later, more sightings would take place, electrifying the entire region"

I use to be scared of the OtakuBoard Picture forum, but now that its gone im doing okay. Im still tramatized after seeing some of the members pictures

My biggest fear is being alone. I hate being the only one awake, the only one in a building, and the only one in my house at night.

I'm terrified of heights, even to the point where I try to sit on the floor of the ferris wheel's basket rather than the little seat thingies...my sister's suggestion, and it got us banned for the rest of the day.

I hate doctors offices, hospitals, nursing homes, etc. The smell, the general feel...it just gives me the creeps.

I'm also really scared of bio and chem weapons. Nukes, bombs, missles, whatever...they don't scare me that much. I mean, it seems with them, bang, you're dead. The other stuff...too slow. Yuk. Wow, that's fairly morbid for me...

I hate hate HATE spiders. I usually yell for my brother to get them for me...

Clowns, too...definatly clowns. I should've never watched "It".

Edit: Just noticed the post above me: Mothman? Those legends are so creepy...of course, they're most likely instances of mass hysteria and whatnot, but some reeeealy strange stuff happened with that legend...[i]least[/i] of which was the bridge...*cue X files music*

[size=1][color=slategray]The biggest thing I am afraid of is losing someone close to me. Since I don't have a lot of close friends/family, I really worry about that, especially since my mother and father are older than other people parents. I am not very emotionally stable, so I really depend on my friends and family, so naturally I fear losing any of them.

I am really paranoid of things like burgerlars, stalkers, and mentally ill people breaking into my house. I really need to watch my back in this town, seeing to we have a Mental Health Insitute right up the street, plus there have been a lot of prisoners and mentally ill people break of of prison/MHI. Another thing is, a lot of people come up my street drunk, and then the police always show up. Even for a small town, this place is a mess.
So, adding on to that, I get paranoid in my room at night. I am not afriad of the dark, only what could be waiting in it. I enjoy night the best, it's just that all of the creeps come out and all the break-outs happen then. But I have a sort of insomnia, so I have more time to think about that at night, hours at a time, so.... that just freaks me out even more. ~_~;;

Other than that, I don't have many fears. I mainly just have emotional fears rather than physical fears, or other creatures.[/color][/size]