Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
[size=1]I'm in need of help.

Everytime I try to go to a new spot on OB, I get this 'Database error' screen, and I have to refresh the page a couple times before I can get on. Is anyone else having this problem, or is it just my computer?

Rhia[/size]
Posted
Yeah, I almost had a hernia trying to merge two threads earlier today. ^_^;;

At first I assumed this had something to do with the server-switching that was mentioned on theOtaku's main page a little while back... but I also thought that would lead to real downtime, not whatever's happening at the moment. In sum, I have no idea what's going on.

~Dagger~
Posted
[font=trebuchet ms]Finally! It took me at least three tries just to get this post up! I dunno, maybe some changes are being made to the site or something, but whatever it is, it's really itching my nerves right now.[/font]
Posted
[COLOR=Blue][SIZE=1]I haven't had any trouble lately or today, but it might start kicking in soon, though I hope not. Maybe it's your internet connection. Do those with problem have DSL or dial up? That might explain things..

If it is a problem with Otaku[b]Boards[/b], however, I'm sure James and the other moderators are working on it. :3[/SIZE][/COLOR]
Posted
[COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]Whatever's wrong, it seems too widespread to be a problem with the actual users. I've got DSL and this database thing is driving me nuts. I thought I wouldn't be able to log on at all 'cause of this thing.[/COLOR]
Posted
[SIZE=1][B]Me too. I thought I had a right problem with the "Page Cannot be Displayed" problem awhile back, but no. This is taking the piss (if you don't mind me saying), I haven't been able to send PM's and I don't think I want to try posting. If this posts actually works then there is a god...

I'm DSL, and you wouldn't believe how many times I'm refreshed the pages. I'm really annoyed today and this ain't making things any better. At first I thought it was that stupid new MSN thing I downloaded which messed up my internet homepage, but no. Then I thought it was just my computer going slow, but Jokopoko was talking to me on AIM and he had the same problem.

For me I have to keep closing and opening OB again, refreshing it like 15 times never works (though everything on my computer's messed up. AIM, MSN... Photoshop... you name it).[/SIZE][/B]
Posted
In my post concerning posting problems, jblessing said something along the lines of VB things are getting updated and stuff, so that could be what is causing the problem. I have gotten a few times as well, not on too bad of a scale as some though.
Posted
[font=trebuchet ms]I'm using DSL, and it seems that this problem is not only affecting the OB, but it's affecting TheOtaku, and MyO as well. So whatever is going on must be pretty big, I suppose...[/font]
Posted
[color=DarkGreen][size=1]Whatever was causing it seems to have calmed down now, touch wood. It definitely wasn't a problem with people's personal connections because it was an OB error message, not a Firefox or Explorer one, and all other websites were fine. Except theOtaku, which just gave me a page full of crazy code, but with the sidebars intact :confused:

I had no problem with myO, though, I didn't think that had been affected. But if other people had problems with it maybe I was just lucky.
[/size][/color]
Posted
Maybe it has to do with that server change thing. I don't get anything at myO. I just get something from cPanel saying "There is no website configured at this address."
Posted
[quote name='Juuthena][size=1']When I go to myOtaku.com, I get a file directory. Has me very panicked here indeed. >>[/size][/quote]
[font=arial][size=1][color=indigo]myOtaku just isn't working period for me. It's gone, says it can't find the host.

As for the problems at OB... I counted [b]30[/b] refreshes trying to post in this thread. =.="[/color][/size][/font]
Posted
[QUOTE=Alan][font=arial][size=1][color=indigo]myOtaku just isn't working period for me. It's gone, says it can't find the host.

As for the problems at OB... I counted [b]30[/b] refreshes trying to post in this thread. =.="[/color][/size][/font][/QUOTE]

[size=1]I got 26 refreshes from getting from the main index to suggestions to this subforum to this thread and replying to your post, haha. And yeah, I got the cPanel page for quite a bit too. Then myO kinda worked for a bit, only it was all text + links without colours. Now it's all to folders.

I keep sneezing and I need to whine about it. I'd better not be allergic to my hair.[/size]
Posted
[QUOTE=Juuthena][size=1]I got 26 refreshes from getting from the main index to suggestions to this subforum to this thread and replying to your post, haha. And yeah, I got the cPanel page for quite a bit too. Then myO kinda worked for a bit, only it was all text + links without colours. Now it's all to folders.

I keep sneezing and I need to whine about it. I'd better not be allergic to my hair.[/size][/QUOTE]
[font=arial][color=indigo][size=1]So many rants are going unranted! This better be fixed soon, I can forsee Shin exploding from the effort of not ranting.

Note: Using Quick Reply to keep from getting more of those errors. It. *******. Sucks. =.=[/size][/color][/font]
Posted
[quote name='AzureWolf']The server is being moved. It never hurts to check out theOtaku, haha. Otherwise, I would have just kept trying to get on.[/plug][/quote]
[COLOR=Indigo][SIZE=1][FONT=Arial]The server move has already happened. All this is a result of the server move. And theO is just giving me code, heh, no news. ^_~[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
Posted
[size=1]I was getting hammered by it last night, and ironically enough, it took me six tries to get into this thread ~_^

Justin's inbox will be very full, lol. Each database error is sent to him :p[/size]
Posted
[COLOR=DarkRed][SIZE=1]Woah, am I the only one that hasn't been getting them. I got the 'Page Cannot Be Displayed' thing a little while back, but I've yet to recieve the database error. I wonder what's up. >_> Yeah, like everyone else inquiring in this thread. XD[/SIZE][/COLOR]
Posted
It's because of the server move. Adam posted this message on the front page of theOtaku about it.
[QUOTE=Adam]Don't worry...
We're undergoing a VERY complicated server move right now. We know there are errors everywhere and ask you to please be patient. Everything should hopefully be normal and perfect by tomorrow morning. [/QUOTE]
We just have to keep on keepin' on until the move is completed. :D
Posted
[size=1][color=gray]I was getting database errors earlier today here on OtakuBoards, but they've all seemed to have stopped now. And when I headed over to theOtaku and myOtaku and saw all of that strange coding up at the top of the page I came to the conclusion that it was probably because of the server change or the site was being worked on.

I'm glad everything's getting cleared up, though. I'm not sure how much longer I could have went without OtakuBoards, myOtaku or theOtaku. ^_^;[/size][/color]
Posted
[SIZE=-3]Well I wish I had found out about the server switch before hand...I spent a good half hour trying to figure out why I could not get on the OB at all. Sorry, I don't exactly read the main page of theotaku.com at all. :D

Good to hear everything seems to be settling in fine.[/SIZE]

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...