OtakuBoards

Tombi

kabapu

I'm assuming you mean Tomba. Apparently it's called Tombi outside of the US or something.

I think it's a pretty great platforming game. I had a lot of fun with it and its sequel when they first came out. Anyone that thinks you're crazy for enjoying the series is not very smart :D

[size=1]I have the demo of it, which only allows you to get up into the cloud and bubble-gum tree land, where they've left out one of whatever the things is you need to find, so you can't get any further...either that or I missed it, lol. Anyway, I think that Tombi is a legendary game...it is just so much fun, and so cute, lol. I do hate that area in the bubble-gum tree land where there are all those planks that swing around, and you need to jump all the way over the place. So annoying, lol.[/size]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=Purple]Eheh. I know Tomba. It's a fun and cute little game. The way he jumps is just silly and weird. [B][COLOR=Plum]I love the bubble gum tree land![/COLOR][/B] It looks so yummy :tasty:

I never got to play the sequel though. Sucks... [/COLOR][/SIZE]

Sweet Jesus, it is great you dedicated some respect to the pig-biting, pork-swinging, amazon warrior, Tomba, or Tombi.

I remember this game when I was younger and I just became so immersed into the game that I couldn't stop playing it.

I never finished the game, no matter how many times I rented it. Was it a long game? Because it seemed huge.

I played the first Tomba! a few years back. It's a fun, solid platformer. Always got pretty good reviews from what I saw, too. I never got to play the sequel, though. Apparently it wasn't quite as good as the first, but was still fun to play in its own right.

I haven't played the game in a long, long time, though, so I don't remember that much about it, honestly lol.

I've also played the demo version of Tombi (and finished it, even). The gameplay was something I have never seen in any other game: it was platform jumper combined with puzzle solving and spiced up with brilliant graphics, inventive world and absolutely hilarious characters. And I got that impression from just fifteen minutes of playing.

Unfortunately I don't think it was ever even released in Finland, or then it was pulled out from the market very soon. Cursed be the European publishers...

[color=darkred]I never got to play the sequel, either. It's supposed to be better from what I know, though I could be wrong judging by how developers have a tendency to turn something good into one of the worst things on the planet.

Good game though, I'd pick it up if I saw it. Can't be too expensive at this time.[/color]

the sequel was cool, but i don't think it can top the original. it is a three dimensional action/platformer. the rpg portion of the game has been virtually eliminated from it. and they've cut down the number of evil pigs.

but one HUGE bonus to the second tombi! is....

EVIL PIG MAGIC!!!

you can capture the robes of an evil pig and use their magic, that rules. there is also the standard collectable miss-one-and-you'll-never-be-able-to-complete-the-game items. the sequel is a good game, but i don't think it matches the supreme awesomeness of the original.

anyone care to elaborate?