OtakuBoards

Dumbest Reality shows Ever!

ChibiHorsewoman

[color=darkviolet]YEah, I'm sitting here listening to the Bachelorette in the background because there is no cable TV in my mom's office...well, a guy from where I live is one of the finalists so it's like hometown (or atleast area code) pride going on here) And I'm thinking what a dumb show this is. This stupid woman is crying about how she didn't want to make this discision yadds yadda yadda. and keep in mind she was the finalist on the last bachelor show. I also heard a rumor about how she breaks this engagement too.

So after this comes the question: what is the dumbest reality show you've seen and why?

I say the Bachelor or Bachelorette ones are the worst. I mean of course these people are going to fall in love...they're all astecally pleasing. They're flawless and good looking and they act so damn perfect. Krista was so sugary she made me want to barf. All there is on the show is physical attraction. You don't get to see any faults with all the cameras. How will you know how you'll react when you start screaming at eachother for forgetting a birthday, or getting lost on a drive? You can't. The least they could do is blindfold one another on dates.

[b]EDIT[/b]: She just refused and he's still saying how amazing she is...dork! :animesigh [/color]

I'd say they're all pretty dumb. I can't say I've seen any that I thought were good enough to justify the existance of so many of these series in the first place. I'd say the worst ones I've seen are those ones on E!... like Growing Up Gotti or that other new one with a mom and daughter I've never heard of. They'll probably do one about Joan Rivers and her untalented daughter next.

I've yet to see a reality show that wasn't dumb, but the most recent and stupidest one I saw was King of the Jungle. To tell the truth most of them are so stupid and annoying I never actually make though an entire show. I change channels before my desire to clobber the stupid producer of such a show takes over.

[COLOR=Red][FONT=Comic Sans MS]You know what's sad? These reality shows are all so terrible that I actually thought that, that Geico commercial with the reality TV show parody was real at first until the Geico thing came up. They're that bad that I actually thought a lame commercial reality TV joke was real. But what's even sadder is that the joke reality TV show in the commercial looked more entertaining than just about all reality TVs they actually put on.[/FONT][/COLOR]

There's only one reality show that I enjoy watching: The Surreal Life on VH1.

It's dumb as can be, and most (if not all) of the celebrities on there are has-beens, but their egos haven't quite caught on yet. So, I think it's one of those "so bad it's good in a sort of morbid curiously kind of way" shows.

[SIZE=-3]I never really liked reality shows, as I never really saw anything even remotely 'real' in them. I would have to say that, more and more reality shows are just scheming up ideas one after another until they litereally suck the life out of every subject possible. Not only that, the fact that they toy with people's emotions...real or not...is just wrong. Honestly, I can't believe the people who get into this stuff.[/SIZE]

[QUOTE=ChibiHorsewoman][color=darkviolet]
I say the Bachelor or Bachelorette ones are the worst. I mean of course these people are going to fall in love...they're all astecally pleasing. They're flawless and good looking and they act so damn perfect. Krista was so sugary she made me want to barf. All there is on the show is physical attraction. You don't get to see any faults with all the cameras. How will you know how you'll react when you start screaming at eachother for forgetting a birthday, or getting lost on a drive? You can't. The least they could do is blindfold one another on dates.

[b]EDIT[/b]: She just refused and he's still saying how amazing she is...dork! :animesigh [/color][/QUOTE]

The reality shows involving love are especailly stupid, but I thank this show for proving my point. This woman on the Bachelotette was brought back from another season where she picked one guy and dumped him. Now suddenly they bring her back, like we want to see her again, and even worse she is a picker once again also. They drag us through an entire season of torture and inevitably she decides not to pick anyone at all. MY GOD WHAT A WASTE OF MY LIFE!!! Yet I feel uneasy, for America loves a happy ending so I doubt I've seen the last of this lady.

Meanwhile I have to watch the boring survival shows on the other networks, which have also become ridiculous. We people making complete fools of themselves on Fear Factor, Paris Hilton and her sidekick running around pretending to be poor, and about 16 different shows involving nanny's or parent swapping. But lets not forget the grandaddy of them all SURVIVOR. They try so hard to reinvent this show I feel bad for them, because their ratings continue to drop. They put more hot people, they put more black people, heck they even put more gay people on, but nothing seems to work. They have tried everyplace in the world but still not audience. They even have a Survivor for children called Endurance, that I don't watch. If the SURVIVOR producers read this I have one word for you: ARTIC! Now that I would enjoy, espicially when they start eating each other.

I remember watching a little bit of the first season of Road Rules, and a little bit of Real World a few years back. That's really about it. I remember trying to watch the first Survivor, but I just couldn't get into it. Everything else just seemed too darn ridiculous to watch. All of the reality TV I used to watch (basically the Real World), I've gotten completely tired of. I just don't find reality TV appealing... at all. Although I did watch the first and last episodes of Joe Schmo, just to see how he'd react.

I know exactly what Ed is talking about, with that one Geico commercial. Most reality television has gotten so ridiculous that not only did I think their "Small House" parody was real, but I thought it was premiering on FOX.

The reality shows that really ride the line of stupity are the ones where you marry someone, and when you get a job. How many people honestly think the winners of The Apprentice actually get an important job working with Trump? And how many people married on television have gotten a divorce by now? It's insane, and pointless. It's not even entertaining.

It's just the network's excuse to make a ton of money off of primetime programming that's cheap to make. The network gives the winner a million dollars in the end? That's nothing compared to what they pay a cast of professional actors for a full 22 episodes. Ray Romano alone makes more than that after filming a few episodes of his show.

[QUOTE=Siren]There's only one reality show that I enjoy watching: The Surreal Life on VH1.

It's dumb as can be, and most (if not all) of the celebrities on there are has-beens, but their egos haven't quite caught on yet. So, I think it's one of those "so bad it's good in a sort of morbid curiously kind of way" shows.[/QUOTE]

I sortof agree here, but there are some episodes I didn't like, for example: The one were they had to babysit a lot of kids. I think that one was set-up because when the kids screamed they would look @ the camera to (what looked like to me) if they were doing it right. I like reality shows better when things happen naturally.

Another show I use to like but don't any more is The Real World. It use to be good, but now everyone is, y'know, another word for happy. No offense to anyone I'm just not into that kind of stuff.

[quote name='Kuraineko']I sortof agree here, but there are some episodes I didn't like, for example: The one were they had to babysit a lot of kids. I think that one was set-up because when the kids screamed they would look @ the camera to (what looked like to me) if they were doing it right. I like reality shows better when things happen naturally.[/quote]
Well, yeah. That's kind of my point. It's a bad reality show, but it's so bad that it's good. It's almost like a satire of the entire idea, because while stuff like The Real World, Road Rules, The Bachelor, etc, create B-list celebrities, The Surreal Life [i]is[/i] B-list celebrities. It's almost a criticism of the entire craze, a sort of "Okay, you've been on 'reality TV' well, this is the reality you'll be facing very soon: being a washed-up has-been who's had their 15 minutes of fame."

[quote]Another show I use to like but don't any more is The Real World. It use to be good, but now everyone is, y'know, another word for happy. No offense to anyone I'm just not into that kind of stuff.[/QUOTE]
Though, it's debatable if it ever was all that good, I think the show has taken a bit of a dive lately. You've got all the supermodels and golden-haired adonis-type characters, while the first two seasons were actually [i]real[/i] people that didn't look manufactured by say...Dr. Frank N Furter.

That said, I think there's some redeeming quality still in the show, although it's much harder to see nowadays. It still has that idea of tolerance and acceptance (as evidenced by the most recent season in Philly), but yeah. It has gotten diluted over the years.

[color=darkviolet]The only two decent reality shows on TV are Queer Eye for the Straight guy and Extreme Makeover Home edition.

The first because it's just really funny to watch these poor unsuspecting people try to cook and the second is because they're helping people out who need it.

I'm just waiting for someone to come out with a reality show called:

[b][i][u]Who wants to marry my real survivor made over bachlor(ette) parent?[/i][/u][/b]

Catchy title huh?[/color]

[b][color=DimGray][size=1]Dumbest Reailty Show Ever? [/size][/color][/b][color=DimGray][size=1]That would definately be Extreme Makeover. period.

All the show is about is taking some shallow-minded person who's just taken their obsession with their large nose a bit too far, showed them cryign in, oh, the intesne agony of maybe having a wart or a few buck teeh, do them over, and hten show them crying over how they've turned into the swan, please, this is the worst idea ever. It'd be better if they gave this treatment to those who truly need it, say, a serious burns victim or soemone with a deformity that actually restricts them and their living life to the full.

Home Edition is the better version of this show, where they do actually make-over someone's house who really needs it. And it can be a very uplifitng show portraying the goodness of the human spirit. *glurges*
[/size][/color]

[QUOTE=Manic Webb]
I know exactly what Ed is talking about, with that one Geico commercial. Most reality television has gotten so ridiculous that not only did I think their "Small House" parody was real, but I thought it was premiering on FOX.
[/QUOTE]

[COLOR=DarkRed][SIZE=1]Wow, what a great image for FOX.

The stupidest nd by far [I]meanest[/I] reality show are those mom/dad swappers. After watching an episode of that, i thought: How could you tear apart the most precious family member from those kids and replace them with a complete stranger. And the people that agree to this monstrosity should be ashamed for putting their kids through that for their share of 15 minutes of fame.

Thus illustrating the "people will do anything for money" law even further.

-t3H 1 & 0n13
[/SIZE][/COLOR]

You mean "Trading Spouses"? Yeah I hate that show too! I really don't like the fact that the little kids have to live with a stricter and more different mother, and it's just wierd. I don't think it's worth it but of course as you said, people will do anything for money these days. :animesigh

I only watch Queer eye, the amazing race, and sometimes survivor, cuz thare are always cute gay guys. The one i hate the most is that super nanny one or whatever it is those kids are so annoying i could just kill um. oooo i liked that boy meets boy one too, o and the realworld is good too.

[COLOR=RoyalBlue]I'd like to just say that ALL reality shows, thus far, are stupid. None of them have caught my attention - and none of them are "reality". Nobody reacts the way they would in "reality" because there's a camera pointed at them. And it's a proven fact that nobody acts normal when there's a camera around. [/COLOR]

I would take the easy way out and say "ALL REALITY SHOWS", but then again I have an unexplained love for Fear Factor, Court Shows (Judge Mathis and the People's Court, especially), game shows, and a few talk shows, so I'll hold my tongue. I do, however, dislike The Bachelor and all of its ilk. I don't care if I can't find a girl, I'm not going on a TV series, where the beautiful women are almost always either golddiggers or filthy rich, just to find a date that might not even last one month. (thank God for Joe Millionaire, huh?)