OtakuBoards

Do you belive in ghosts, dragons, gnomes,faeries ect.?

_Hikaru_

[quote name='_Hikaru_][b]Do you belive in ghosts, dragons, gnomes,faeries ect.?[/b'] [/quote]
[b]I not only believe in ghosts, but know that they exist for sure, because [/b]
[b]I've had many multiple-witness encounters (spontaneous encounters, not sought-after ones, mind you) with ghosts and other spirits.[/b]

[b] I suspect that dragons [i]did[/i] exist at some point, but perhaps not like the ones in the fairy tails. It is far more likely that they were a type of dinosaur.[/b]

[b]As far as faeries, leprechauns and gnomes, etc... I don't think they ever were anything more than hallucinations or at best, some form of spirit manifesting itself in a tangible state just to **** with people.[/b]

[color=blue][size=1]To put it simply, no. No, I do not believe in ghosts, dragons, gnomes, fairies, etc. Those silly mystical creatures spoken of in fairy tales and Disney movies hold no place in the "real world".

And though I enjoy reading of ghosts in manga and such, and I often tend to RP as dragons (when I can), I still do not believe they exist or have ever existed. Ghosts are excuses for odd things that happen. None that I care to explain, nor care about at all. Dragons are just drawings of extinct lizards gone aray (now I [i]know[/i] I spelled [i]that[/i] incorrectly.. ^__^;; ). I do not believe they exist, nor have they ever existed.

But it's fun to pretend to be one. ^_~[/size][/color]

[color=crimson]Of course. Something mystical or magical exists. I'm not sure if the human interpretations of what they are [e.g.: fairies, leprechauns, dragons] are correct, but something exists. You have mystical creatures in mainstream religions, common myths, present day sightings- you can't deny the common theme of otherwordly things sort of dropping in on humans once and awhile. Of course, you can't prove they exist or don't exist so it's pretty much a personal opinion. I like to think that this world still has a little magic left in it, a little spark. Might be a flight of fancy but I don't really mind if it is. Do I expect to run into any ghosts/fairies/etc.? I hope not. That would freak me out a bit. I'm not entirely sure I'd enjoy having discussions with or seeing any of the typical mystical/spiritual creatures. Would be awkward at first, yeah?

"Why hello thar Mr. Dragon!"
"Rawrrrrr!"[/color]

I believe in ghosts, spirits whatever you wanna call them, i've seen them, felt them, and heard them. Ive had many experiences with the "supernatural". I dont believe that faeries, gnomes, and dragons exist in the way people think they do, I think these were just ways for humans to put a face on so called "supernatural" events and other things they could'nt understand.

[SIZE=1]Well, I've never experienced any supernatural creatures, or heard any truly inexplicable accounts of anything of the sort. However, I'm definitely willing to not completely rule out the existance of such things. I think ghosts might exist, but as for everything else, I lean towards no.[/SIZE]

[quote name='_Hikaru_']I have a ghost in my house, or so me and my friends think.Like once we woke up (at a sleepover) to a boy laughing in the room next door and as I have no sibling or anything...we went in and it stopped.... :animenose[/quote]

Nope. I have better things to do than hang around and ponder the evidence of supernatural beings outside the realm of angels and demons. Sayonara.

[size=1][color=green]I like to think that, somewhere, maybe even in a universe on a plane parrallel to this one, dragons exist. I don't have to wonder about ghosts.

I do believe faeries, unicorns, things like that, used to live on this earth. Of course, no people have seen them; that's what drove them out in the first place. Unicorns, I like to believe, live(d) on our dreams, and when we stopped believing in them, they stopped coming to us. But hey, that's just me and my theory. :p Like with most magic and such, it don't work if you don't believe in it.

I also have a question to present: have you ever felt like something should be somewhere, and it isn't? As if you are sliding into a universe almost exactly like the one you were currently in, but just one tiny detail is missing? Like at this three-way road. My mom could have sworn there was a stop light. But now there isn't.[/size][/color]

[quote name='_Hikaru_']I have a ghost in my house, or so me and my friends think.Like once we woke up (at a sleepover) to a boy laughing in the room next door and as I have no sibling or anything...we went in and it stopped.... :animenose[/quote]
I believe in ghosts, considering I've lived around them for awhile before (moving around place to place) I dunno about them acting happy,laughing etc, they usually wanted respect.(Ok I am gonna stop talking about that b4 ppl think I am insane) but dragons are questionable.Umm,faeries? Nah I don't believe in that

Ghosts seem far more reasonable than the rest of this nonsense. I was reading a bunch of Norse mythology the other day, which obviously refers to giants and dwarves and such. I don't know how anyone could ever honestly buy into that stuff lol.

[COLOR=Purple][SIZE=1]I believe in [COLOR=Plum][B]ghosts[/B][/COLOR], though I haven't really seen one. Sometimes, I tend to believe what my mom said about ghosts: they're not really souls of the dead but minions of Satan trying to lure you of something. But yeah...religion.. *shrug*

As for [COLOR=Plum][B]dragons[/B][/COLOR],

[URL=http://www.dragonsarecoming.com]Dragons Are Coming[/URL]

It's flash heavy and I haven't seen the entire site but it's quite interesting. I think they've found some dragon stuff somewhere. Anyway, It's gonna be aired on Animal Planet, Sunday, for those who are interested.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

As many people here have posted (either ghosts and other supernatural things ever exsisted or not), I happen to have expertise on the matter and all things relative. No, I'm not a psychic, witch, cultist or anything like that. I just happen to have been involved with it the majority of my life and understand it better than most. I am, in simple terms, a gatherer of knowledge and in some cases, an informist.

Ghosts "exsist" as much as you want them to. Whether in an untangible form that simply replicates the things that are, or have been, there. Or the "contact" of an actual "apparition" (the possibility is becoming recently more common for whatever the reason).

There is an actual method and scientific reason that is still being proven (or too complicated to prove).

If you are interested in the fields of history and present events, creatures, encounters, experiences, dreams, facts thereof, intangible evidence, obviously visible proof (and only visible), etc. then send me a private message. I would like to make a thread of my experiences and answer any questions you have, but I [B]will not[/B] unless the moderators and/or whoever have rights to this site give me permission.

Now ghosts I can say I have indeed made "contact" with. Dragons and other things...I may have or have not seen.

I can't say that I don't believe in ghosts, dragons, and such. There is so much in this universe that we don't know and don't understand. I personally think such things proably do exist somewhere. Maybe not on Earth or even in our universe, but in another reality different from ours. Until someone comes along with absoulte scientific proof that such things don't exist I will always believe they do. And since we as a race are so limited in our knowledge of what's truly out there, I sersiously doubt anyone will be able to provide the proof that they don't exist.

I myself have never had any experiance with any ghosts or dragons or faeries but one thing my education has shown me is just how much we don't know. No matter how much I have learned there is always so many things I still haven't learned and there is even more things to be discovered.

[quote name='_Hikaru_']Thread: Do you belive in ghosts, dragons, gnomes,faeries ect.? [/quote]

[FONT=Century Gothic][SIZE=1][COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]

I don't beleive in dragons, gnomes, or fairies, but I do think that there are some ghosts out there, in a sense.

I think a lot of the sightings and such that you hear about are human's minds playing tricks on them, and people trying to draw attention to themselves.

I don't think ghosts are just people who have died tragic deaths, or those out for revenge. And I don't think they are entirely physical either. I think that ghosts are out there, I don't really think they are able to do many things. I think of them more as having the ability to alter human emotion, and in certain places the emotional enviroment of the area.

I'm more of a realist, but I've always been interested in the supernatural, albeit how little I actually beleive in.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[QUOTE=Kitty]Dragons are just drawings of extinct lizards gone aray QUOTE]
[COLOR=DarkRed]
[FONT=Fixedsys]Aww you take all the fun out of it! While I don't really beleive they exhist, I love them. Dragons are my passion/obsession. There not real, but I wish to God they were. My whole room is dragons, I love basing my art projects on them. And you have to admit, dragons are one of the most facinating mythologies out there. I cannot wait until that animal planet dragons speicial comes on. *sqeals with joy* I loooove my adorably scaly, sharped teeth, fire breathing, reptilian buddies. :animesmil [/FONT] [/COLOR]

Ghosts: I like to keep an open mind on this. I think because I want there to be ghosts. I am a major fan of all those movies that deal with haunted houses and ghosts. If there is a program on tv talking about ghosts or have film/photos of ghosts I will be watching it. I hope ghosts are real, that would be very interesting to see how people would react if ghosts were proven to really exist. Most interesting indeed.

Gnomes: The only gnomes I believe in are the ones that use to reside in my neighbor's front yard. That is until the day they disappeared. We think someone stole them as a joke. But then again, maybe they came to life and ran away...who knows.

Fairies: I don't believe in them. I really don't have too much to say about fairies since I never really subscribed to the mythos.

Dragons: I am very much like Bloodseeker. I believe in Komodo Dragons, Chinese Water Dragons and other reptiles with the name "dragon" in them. That is my extent of dragon belief.

As far as dragons, gnomes, and fairies go I don't think they exist. I think they are just misinterpretations of other creatures such as the whole mermaind being confused with a manatee(may have spelled that wrong) deal.

As for ghosts... I strongly believe that they do exist but also that no human has ever come in direct contact with one or seen one at least in terms of the definition of ghost meaning a "spirit of a dead person". I believe any experiences people claim to have are merely manifestations of their emotions whatever they may be in a visible form, a voice or noise, or even a feeling or chill. The things you see in dreams again are mere manifistations of your emotions. The only ghosts that affect us are the ones we create from our emotions and memories. These are the only "ghosts" that influence us. At least, this is what I believe.

[QUOTE=Hevn][COLOR=Purple]
[URL=http://www.dragonsarecoming.com]Dragons Are Coming[/URL][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

First off, let me just say that is one cool link. That's actually pretty interesting I might take a look at that. Anyways, I definately believe in ghosts since I've had a few paranormal encounters with them before. I've tried denying it many times, but I definately do believe in spirits. I use to believe in faeries when I was a kid but seriously think that dragons,faeries,gnomes, etc. that kind of thing are all fairytales and make believe. They do NOT exist. Things you just read in books because it makes a story more interesting. I mean who wants to hear about everyday people? not me. So thats why they are great in books and are not here with us in real life.

I believe in ghosts too, but it's not that good for me since I freak out *VERY* easily. Any scary movie, no matter how stupid it is, will scare me if it has just a little bit of stabbing and creepy little girls who climb out of TVs. And I swear, whenever I brush my teeth, something is watching me, so I only brush my teeth if I have some stuffed animals in the bathroom with me. I kinda believe in fairies, well not really, but I do think it would be cool if they really exist, same as dragons.

Guest Touya's Buddy
I believe in ghost and dragons more then anything if dragons don't exsist now they could of waaay back in time I mean it's not like we have every animal ever on earth so it's possible

[COLOR=DarkOrange]Ghost - not sure. I believe that there are things that can't be explained, yes...but my theories are based more on alternate demensions, the time-space continuum, and very strong personalities. Curious to hear more? It doesn't fit this topic, so PM me...

Faries/Gnomes - nu-uh. No way. Sorry...foot tall people who dance around spreading fairy dust? I'm more likely to belive in aliens then fairies...

Dragons - My theory? Misunderstood dinosaur skeletons, half memories of said dinosaurs...and, of course, things have changed a lot...maybe they existed, and are just extinct[/COLOR].

what is a ghost but a spirit? Do you have a spirit? it is a soul that lies in purgatory waiting for its sin to be cleansed(great manga idea) and to be free to leave this world. it is a trapped spirit held in contempt and is not free to rest until it has served its punishment.Have I seen a Ghost? Perhaps not, but damn close. when my granfather died i felt the presence of him in my home then i recieved a phone call with noone on the line shortly before I recieved a call from the hospital.nah im just messin I have a good imagination i do believe in ghosts though! :animesmil