OtakuBoards

yourOtaku

James

I think I came to myotaku to post because I knew there would be people who shared my intrists at least in part. As for bloging in general, I've never gone anywhere else. I have difficulty keeping a real journal even. I think people do it though to share a part of themselves with others and maybe find friends (?) don't really have a clue. I do know I update on myotaku because I like reading other people's sites and then just blowing off steam or yammering on about life, you know?

[b]Yeah...um... I forgot all about myOtaku...[/b]

[b]So I started mine today... and mostly for the purpose of adding another distraction. I need more distraction from real life right now, and the more I've got to do online, the more I'm not thinking about real life. [/b]
[b](I think...[/b][b]*shrugs*)[/b]

[b]It's "elfpirate" there, as well... cuz I'm real original like that... so if any o' you are strange enough to want to see what I'm putting up on myOtaku, go for it... though as of yet, it's only a zygote project. I definitely haven't done much with it so far.[/b]

I'm a tiny bit embarrased to admit that I accidentaly signed up for it as I thought it was the forum OtakuBoards. *sigh* A fact that I quickly realized, but I just kept the account anyway. I've played with it a little bit but I haven't actually done any posting on my site. Other than an into and two quiz results. Sadly my computer experiance is more with solving software and hardware issues when it breaks down. I'm not very good with how stuff works on the internet or with running websites. So half of what you can do I'm not even sure how to do it. It took me a while just to figure out how to do signatures. *though I'm learning :animesigh *

I've been checking out your sites and seeing just what yourOtaku is used for. It looks like alot of fun. But I've never been the type to keep a journal so who knows what I'll end up using it for.

I got started on my otaku a while ago. I just use it to talk about life in general, and what i am thinking. I joined it before i joined otaku boards (i found that later). I just saw blogs as a cool way to get my thoughts up and talk to people about them, without people getting annoyed or offended.
It took me a while to work it, but thanks to some help ( thanks Akayo Kanachi! ^-^) I got it working well. Heres my [URL=http://www.myotaku.com/users/tainted_blood/]blog[/URL]

i first opened my myotaku.com page because i remember when it was just theotaku.com, before myotaku was invented way back before the turn of the century/milennium/whatever. i hadn't been going on the web for reasons of my own, and i felt very guilty that i hadn't viseted the site for years, so i created my account (i've done nothing with it yet). i intend to use my account for posting on when ive posted an article, wallpaper, or whatever (i'll get these up soon).

finally, i hope you don't think less of me for asking this, but what's a blog?

[Font="Tahoma"][Size="1"][Color="DarkOrchid"]

I came to myO almost a year ago, because my best friend (LaceratedWings on myO, BelaLugosiIsDead on the OB, and formerly KiraraDOWN) pestered me so much that I couldn't stand it. I saw her myO, and I thought that it seemed pretty cool, so I decided to sign up. So, the months past, and my site changed constantly, as well as my interests, personality, and beliefs. I enjoy looking through my archives and seeing how different I was compared to now. For me, myO is a logging of memories that I'd never be able to keep otherwise. Like, I was reading an old entry about strange dreams I'd had, and I completely forgot about them! It's a place where I can befriend people with the same interests as mine, and keep in touch with friends I all ready had. I love the formatting of it, because it's easy and convenient, and there's so much customization for absolutely no expense. I recently got a LiveJournal, and I don't like it as much as I like myO. Even when my liking of anime faltered, I kept myO going pretty steady (because I want on that bloody member list!) because I didn't want to leave everybody on my buddy list in the shadows. Besides, I think it would be really awesome to be one of the oldest members at myO, maybe in four or five years? That would be really something.

[/Font][/Size][/Color]

[size=1][color=slategrey]I usually have MyO linked in my signature.

I mostly use MyO to vent and to get things off my mind. I feel a lot better about my day and I can forget somethings once I've typed them down. It's also a chance to see what people would do in my situation. Some of my most recent posts haven't been very... constructive, I must admit. But hey, who's would be after a spend-the-night party over the weekend with six kids? Craziness, I tell ya. :p

I started a MyO because I thought it was a good idea, fun, and because I hadn't found OB yet. ^_^; I found that through the quizzes when my brother and I were in one of those phases... You should read Alan's blog/disclaimer, though. He has nice rules. ;)[/size][/color]

[COLOR=Indigo][SIZE=1][FONT=Arial]I semi-use myO. lol I haven't utilized it's actual blogging aspect for any extended period of time for almost a year now, and pretty much use it to clue people in on when my real blog has been updated and to screw about with the layout. It gets neglected otherwise.

I first joined myO way back in October 2003, when the service was still a baby and it took 15 visits or so to break the big 500. I think there was less than three thousand people, and less than two thousand of those actually used the service, lol. Otherwise it was just name-grabbing. =P

Also we had none of this fancy colour changing stuff, and it was more of a challenge to create a nice looking page... and on the same token, harder to make a horrible one. Customization pretty much wasn't there when I joined, lol. Shinmaru was in his element, I can assure you. XP[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[font=Trebuchet MS][size=2][color=DarkSlateGray]I got an mO almost two years ago because I happened to stumble upon a link to somebody else's. I didn't know what it was...I just kind of signed up for it. All I knew was that it was OB related. And here I am today! ^__^

I started out just writing posts that were a paragraph or so in length. And then I met people here...and I got hooked. The reason I stay at mO and not any other blogs is that the people I know at the boards also have mOs. So our friendship just carries over between the two sites. It's like through the use of mO I have become entrenched in this community and all of the people that are here.

When I first started out, I really had no idea what I was supposed to talk about. I talked about my day and then that was it. But then my posts got longer because when I started having problems, I started writing about them in mO. The writing of all my problems was pretty theraputic...but then once people started responding to my problems and helping me get over them, I started coming to mO more and more. It's like expensive therapy...only free and with good friends. Now, I just kind of talk about whatever. ;P I'll talk about my day then some crazy issue then back to my life again. I just write what I feel like writing.

Other sites (like xanga or lj) never really hold my interest because if a person doesn't have AIM, I never actually get to talk with them other than comments on their post. But on mO, I can talk to the people I meet through mO on OB. If that makes any sense at all. I think what I'm getting at is the community.

Another thing I love about mO....thanks to it and the Art Forum, I got into graphic design, which is now what I want to major in when I go to college. I just saw all the layouts and styles that people used on their pages, and instantly began the need to create some of that for myself. And now, I love designing and stuff. So yeah, thanks to OB/mO I decided what I want to be when I "grow up." ^__~

If your interested you can find my site here. Send me a PM, take my AIM/MSN/YIM address, or email me; just drop me a note because I would love to start talking to you. ^__^ Oh yeah....please forgive my layout. I haven't been able to put one up in a while....I just keep forgetting ^__^"
[/color][/size][/font]

I got mine on the first day of its release, being about the fifty-somethingth member. I don't think I had an incredibly clear reason for being so eager to register other than that my name, [url="http://www.myotaku.com/users/john"][b]John[/b][/url], is probably the most common one in existence (including alien planets). So I wanted to register it before someone else did.

Other than that, I'm still very fuzzy on why I registered. I don't even remember if Adam made it clear as to what myOtaku [i]was[/i] until it was launched. I did end up enjoying it, however.

To explain the content of my site... well, I'm not quite sure how to do that. As of recently, most of my posts have been about my daily life and things of that sort, but before that I can't explain it as more than being totally random, and even that wording doesn't seem to fit.

I think that the reason I prefer myO to other blog services is by far the smaller community as opposed to other sites. The Otaku network is large enough to make you feel like you've never really seen everyone or everything, but small enough that you feel like you could. People may actually take interest in your myO, rather than just passing it by like they might with other services.

Another thing that ties into that is the customizability. With a little work, you can make your site into almost anything, and that definitely helps define users clearly from one another.

[SIZE=1][FONT=Verdana][COLOR=Sienna]I'm new to myO, but I decided to join because it's art-related. I never really liked deviantart (no offense, deviant-users.. its just a personal preference) so I never signed up for it, but the thing is, I want feedback from other people. Then tra-la-la, one day I was surfing the net for One Piece wallpapers and I found this place. It looked cool so I decided to join. Little did I know that it was also a blogging service. A nice plus.

Therefore... [URL=http://www.myotaku.com/users/riesz]myOtaku: riesz[/URL]. Now I'm only blogging here to post about art-related news since I already have a Livejournal where I post nonsense and all. Maybe in the future though I'll start blogging [i]here[/i] about my nonsensical ramblings. That'll actually probably end up happening anyways since I always seem to tie artsy stuff to real life. Nyah. Also, I like how I don't have to code much. >P I love doing HTML and all, but it can really get tedious...

I used to have a blog that I updated constantly and had new layouts for each month, but the blog craze went out and no one used theirs anymore so I felt there was no point in blogging in mine a lot. (Its still up... Just neglected, haha.) Instead, I went to Livejournal where the posting is easy and simple. I blog just to get my thoughts out and to hear what my friends have to say. Because I don't see them online often in AIM or MSN or whatever, blogging is a nice way to keep in touch with them. Truthfully... I miss the days when blogs were really popular and there was a wide range of webdesigners who made fansites to anything they liked. The internet seemed a lot more active then. ¬¬[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

[font=trebuchet ms][color=darkorchid][b]Why MyO?[/b]: Because I was searching for another fun anime forum to belong to (I also belong to one called Twin Moons, but we're a whole lot smaller), and I see this thing called My Otaku. It looked like a neat way to get to know a lot of the more interesting members of OtakuBoards (I must admit, I get a little sad everytime someone who seems cool doesn't have a MyO I can go check out). I also love the way it can be customized...

[b]Why blogging?[/b]: I don't know. I've been doing the online blog thing since bolt.com and I was 14, 15. That's about 6 years now. I'm a writer...a lot of my thought process of the moment goes into planning out how I might write down what's going on around me & inside my head. I also keep a paper journal, which is usually filled with my extreme joys & lows, & my trippy little panic freakouts. I blog because I'm looking for the help that you can get allowing people outside of your life to get a good look at what's going on. I also try to give the same help to others. I often have fears concerning making new friends...I find that I can do that easier with sites like MyO and LiveJournal (granted, my LJ friends list is full of people I know in the world as is).

Does that explain anything?[/color][/font]