OtakuBoards

GTA3 <drool>

Flash

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Forte [/i]
[B]

BAH! Even Gamepro gave it a higher score then that. About 8.5 or something. And Xbox the Offical Mag gave it a 9.5 out of 10. Okay, i know that your going to beat me down to the ground with a reply that will make me look like a jackass. So ill stop here. [/B][/QUOTE]

[size=1]Well, Forte...right now I'm talking to you on AIM and you know that you're being a bit silly here. lol

Of COURSE the Xbox official mag gives it 9.5...but they also said some absolutely biased and false rhetoric in their technical comparisons...so I wouldn't expect any magazine like that to be an accurate source.

You yourself wanted a GameCube more than an Xbox (and I know you still do), but in the great tradition of fanboys...you now defend Xbox till your dying breath just because your dad bought one for you.

So please...try to look at things objectively...cuz I know you don't [b]really[/b] think this. :)[/size]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Crazy White Boy [/i]
[B]I agree. Comparing Halo and GTA3 is like comparing apples and oranges. The closest you can come is to compare GTA3 to Shenmue. And the question begs to be asked, "Do you really want to talk about Shenmue?" [/B][/QUOTE]

[size=1]You can certainly compare these games, but it depends what you're comparing.

I'm saying that GTA3 demonstrates far more innovation and creative vision, while Halo is "just another FPS". I don't think anyone would argue with that point.

However, I don't think that you can compare GTA3 to Shenmue at all (at least, only as much as GTA3 to Halo).

These are two very different games.[/size]

Shenmue was the first game to create "the living world." That's how you can compare them.

Halo, though is not just another first person shooter. Crank up the difficulty and prepare yourself for masterful A.I. It's the feel of that game that makes it so special.

[B]Shenmue was the first game to create "the living world." That's how you can compare them.

Halo, though is not just another first person shooter. Crank up the difficulty and prepare yourself for masterful A.I. It's the feel of that game that makes it so special. [/B][/QUOTE]

[size=1]lol, yes I realize that. I was merely pointing out that I can compare Halo to GTA3 as much as you can compare GTA3 to Shenmue.

Halo [b]is[/b] just another FPS. Granted, it has slightly improved A.I., but it demonstrates very little innovation.

People put this game up on a high pedestal when it clearly doesn't deserve a perfect 10 (although scoring an 8 or 9 would be passable).

I was merely saying that GTA3 demonstrates a broader scope in design. And it appears that most gaming publications would agree with me -- GTA3 has been rated more than once as "Game of the Year" for 2001.

Doesn't mean Halo is bad as such, just means that GTA3 is more inventive.[/size]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by James [/i]
[B]

[size=1]Well, Forte...right now I'm talking to you on AIM and you know that you're being a bit silly here. lol

Of COURSE the Xbox official mag gives it 9.5...but they also said some absolutely biased and false rhetoric in their technical comparisons...so I wouldn't expect any magazine like that to be an accurate source.

You yourself wanted a GameCube more than an Xbox (and I know you still do), but in the great tradition of fanboys...you now defend Xbox till your dying breath just because your dad bought one for you.

So please...try to look at things objectively...cuz I know you don't [b]really[/b] think this. :)[/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

Heh, well i think that Halo is a great game, but ive seen better on Cube, thats correct and i [i] did [/i] infact want a Cube first. And you really cant compare it, from GTA 3 to Halo, its difficult.

[B]

[size=1]God knows what EGM was smoking when it reviewed Halo. I'd be giving Halo around 7.5 out of 10.

Although I know that a lot of gaming websites have been questioning the sanity of EGM's editors lately...they are giving the most bizarre scores.

They came down heavily on Wave Race: Blue Storm because of its learning curve...but I consider a stronger learning curve to be a good thing, in today's world of rehashes and incredibly short games.[/size] [/B][/QUOTE]
My brother recently played the halo game at a friend's house, and said the same thing as you. The egm scores were crazy, and it was good, but not that good. Then again, it was hard to believe him as he says a xbox controller feel a lot more comfortable then a gamecube one. As a matter of fact, quite a lot of ppl want to beat him up for the things he likes/dislikes (melee suks, ffx is lik pokemon, mgs2 is awful).

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Gohan [/i]
[B]
My brother recently played the halo game at a friend's house, and said the same thing as you. The egm scores were crazy, and it was good, but not that good. Then again, it was hard to believe him as he says a xbox controller feel a lot more comfortable then a gamecube one. As a matter of fact, quite a lot of ppl want to beat him up for the things he likes/dislikes (melee suks, ffx is lik pokemon, mgs2 is awful). [/B][/QUOTE]

Actually, Xbox's controller is more comfortable for me too. That's only because my hands are pretty big though. It's a matter of opinion. Anyway, I agree that Halo was overrated, but not necessarily in a crazy way. EGM just has a bad habit of overrating all of the major games now. I wouldn't have given it a 10. I would have scored it an 8. But people want to beat him up over saying SSBM and MGS2 sucks? Those are his opinions, it doesn't mean he should be beaten over them.

[B]

But people want to beat him up over saying SSBM and MGS2 sucks? Those are his opinions, it doesn't mean he should be beaten over them. [/B][/QUOTE]

[size=1]I agree with you there. People's opinions are just that; opinions.

However, I also think that even objectively speaking, people can be wrong.

I mean, when Ocarina of Time first came out, it was revolutionary in many ways. It redefined the way that 3D games were to be played.

If someone had bashed the game at the time, then even objectively, they would have been wrong.

Having said that, it's fine to point out small flaws (such as some of the extremely low-res textures on some of the walls), that's totally forgiveable. But EGM has been bashing a lot of high quality games in a very broad-based way lately.

It's really made me lose a lot of respect for them.[/size]

[B]

[size=1]I agree with you there. People's opinions are just that; opinions.

However, I also think that even objectively speaking, people can be wrong.

I mean, when Ocarina of Time first came out, it was revolutionary in many ways. It redefined the way that 3D games were to be played.

If someone had bashed the game at the time, then even objectively, they would have been wrong.

Having said that, it's fine to point out small flaws (such as some of the extremely low-res textures on some of the walls), that's totally forgiveable. But EGM has been bashing a lot of high quality games in a very broad-based way lately.

It's really made me lose a lot of respect for them.[/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

Yeah, the targeting system in Ocarina was masterful. Heck, even Grand Theft Auto 3 kind of benefited from it, although it still isn't quite up to par to Zelda's.

However, I don't know if EGM is strictly bashing ALL high quality games. I think they're mainly biased against Nintendo. I mean, Shoe gave Luigi's Mansion a 5.5! He insinuated that Nintendo didn't concentrate on the gameplay-they concentrated on making it look adorable. Even the aformentioned Wave Race:Blue Strom recieved a 5.5 and 6.0.

At least they didn't downplay Grand Theft Auto 3 to further promote Halo and MGS2: Sons of Liberty.

[B]

Yeah, the targeting system in Ocarina was masterful. Heck, even Grand Theft Auto 3 kind of benefited from it, although it still isn't quite up to par to Zelda's.

However, I don't know if EGM is strictly bashing ALL high quality games. I think they're mainly biased against Nintendo. I mean, Shoe gave Luigi's Mansion a 5.5! He insinuated that Nintendo didn't concentrate on the gameplay-they concentrated on making it look adorable. Even the aformentioned Wave Race:Blue Strom recieved a 5.5 and 6.0.

At least they didn't downplay Grand Theft Auto 3 to further promote Halo and MGS2: Sons of Liberty. [/B][/QUOTE]

[size=1]EGM has also bashed a number of non-Nintendo titles, but I do feel that some of their editors have been very anti-Nintendo.

I mean, I felt that IGN was harsh in giving Luigi's Mansion a 7.5. I think it deserved around an 8.

Although, they were spot on with their Wave Race and Smash Bros. Melee reviews.

And when you compare IGN's scores to GameSpot (which are relatively similar), it makes you wonder exactly what EGM's problem is.[/size]

• 3 weeks later...
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Darkeldar201 [/i]
[B]I really like the game hhmm but i wonder why their taking it out of the market???? :laugh: good thing is that canada's not giving it up yet[/B][/QUOTE]

If they take it off the market it's due to the violence, of course. Seeing as how it's rated "Mature" I find the whole issue a bit silly. It's like cancelling a rated R movie because it has too much swearing.

[B]

If they take it off the market it's due to the violence, of course. Seeing as how it's rated "Mature" I find the whole issue a bit silly. It's like cancelling a rated R movie because it has too much swearing. [/B][/QUOTE]
Well in Australia the classification office is just totally stupid! They ratd the game "Johny's Adventure", a nice little kids game, like Yoshi's Story on Nintendo, MA! How they could do that, I honestly don't know..... But they GTA3 M over here, so that is confusing me why they want to ban it..... :rolleyes: