Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Gaming GTA3 <drool>


Flash
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • 2 weeks later...
[I]Note: This is a topic about GTA3, NOT GT3.[/I]

Still, yeah GT3 is an awesome racing game... but I found something better... Burnout. It is a like GT3 but it has BETTER graphics and... TRAFFIC!!!! So it is like a GTA3 racing game. Which I love :D:D because racing down the streets in a GTA3 car is soooooo... fun!

But... You still can't hurl Molotov cocktails at the opponents car when he beats you... *Sigh*
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
[COLOR=darkred][SIZE=1]Well, I have played a bit of this game, and can't really say that I am THAT impressed. The graphics are not too bad, the action is pretty decent, and it is really just a fun game to play when lots of people are watching so everyone can have a good laugh.

*puts on critics hat*

The first thing that gets me is the camera mode while running. The view is really annoying, and you tend to miss a lot when trying to run around and shoot people. While trying to assault a horde of guards, I found that not only could I not see them all, but I could hardly see any of them. Once I died, I could see like three other groups that I couldn't see before.

Car - Handling on the cars are pretty annoying, and the cars are WAY too easy to wreck with even the slightest bump against anything. Trust me, I have wrecked several times and my cars were never that bad (talking real life here btw). Another thing that bothers me here is the camera angle turning to shoot out the window. Turning the whole view is REALLY annoying, especially when I try to do a drive by, and find out some car has driven in my way - BAM, nother smashed up car - I don't see why it would be so hard to just point the stupid weapon out the window and pull the trigger. .

The voices in the game are pretty cool, and I like some of the cinematics in it. My friends were playing their game to be allies with the mafia, so I get to see the Don and the others, LOL, it's pretty funny to watch some of their reactions.

Final Flash, you said the graphics were stunning and the gameplay will blow you away (literally, ya, I know) - I think the sound is really great (it is a PS2 afterall), the graphics were good, but nothing THAT special, and the gameplay was nice at times, and annoying at others. The camera mode is a bit hung up with me at the moment, but I have not played it THAT much. .

*takes critic hat off*

Well then, sorry if that seemed biased, but I just wanted to give my honest opinion (it really, REALLY, is my honest opinion here). Have fun~
[/SIZE][/COLOR]
Link to comment
Share on other sites

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by NeoCactuar [/i]
[B]

Yeah, that?s probably right. Glancing at them they look kind of the same. I have got them mixed up before. [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=orangered][size=1]Are you kidding? GTA3 is a billion times uglier than GT3.

Although that's to be expected when you're trying to render an entire city, rather than just one race track.

Noryko: I see your point about camera, but remember...nobody has ever really tried to create a living-breathing city on this scale before. It may seem easy to make a gun point out of a window and shoot...but to design an accurate/acceptable camera mechanic, as well as creating the sheer physics, is incredibly difficult.

I'm surprised that DMA Design managed to pull off the game without too many major problems. Hopefully this means that other developers can look at their work and take the "real living city" idea a step further in future, especially with the more capable GameCube and Xbox.[/color][/size]
Link to comment
Share on other sites

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by James [/i]
[B]

[color=orangered][size=1]Are you kidding? GTA3 is a billion times uglier than GT3.

[color][/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

Gwaaaaaa!! I ment looking at the titles, GTA3 & GT3. Only one letter diffrence between the names, easy tog et confused, But the actual game, Heh, no-way. Theya re comleatly diffrent, youcould eaisily tell them apart.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by James [/i]
[B]

[color=orangered][size=1]Are you kidding? GTA3 is a billion times uglier than GT3.

Although that's to be expected when you're trying to render an entire city, rather than just one race track.

Noryko: I see your point about camera, but remember...nobody has ever really tried to create a living-breathing city on this scale before. It may seem easy to make a gun point out of a window and shoot...but to design an accurate/acceptable camera mechanic, as well as creating the sheer physics, is incredibly difficult.

I'm surprised that DMA Design managed to pull off the game without too many major problems. Hopefully this means that other developers can look at their work and take the "real living city" idea a step further in future, especially with the more capable GameCube and Xbox.[/color][/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=darkred][SIZE=1]I have to agree with the GTA3 is worse graphically then GT3, but like you and others have said, they ARE different types of games, and it is clear why there is a major difference.

James, I understand what you are saying, and that makes a lot of sense. The game does play pretty well and even though there are a few pesky problems like the ones I stated, I can see that the game does have it's stong points. *shrug* I suppose me just sitting there playing for a few hours doing nothing, I tend to notice the bad things over the storyline, and actual REAL gameplay that is meant to be seen. Still though, there is something to be said about a game where you can run around and totally goof off with no worries about even having to start the MAIN part of the game. That is a pretty cool deal I think. [/SIZE][/COLOR]
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest Voodookanaka
Gta3 rules, i just got to rank executoner. and although some said the damage is non realistic, this may be true but if your going mad and playing the game wildly its the most realistic ive ever seen. (name me one better) the explosions are kinda annoying but thats part of the game play.
i just got to rank executoner so im getting better at it.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

[SIZE=1]I haven't played this game yet. But I think it would be even better if it was 1st person viewing. A few questions, is it still the same controls, for example, hold 'X' to run?[/SIZE]
[SIZE=1]2. Like GTA2, can you join gangs and coose which godfather to work under?[/SIZE]
[SIZE=1]3.I heard you get to ride on trains and that, is this true?[/SIZE]
[SIZE=1]Ok that's my lot of questions for today...[/SIZE]
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1) Damn you Flash
2) Damn you Seph
3) Damn you James*see note for damnings*
4) Boys and girls, get GTA3 while you can. Parents are already on the move to get this game pulled out of production I HEAR*See note2*. The parent groups feel this game is waaaaaaaaay to violent, and may take actions to have GTA3 capped like a mofo.

Note: By damn you, I mean ''WAAAAAAAAAH! I wanna pway! lol"
Note2: This info is strictly what I hear on the street. This info is not 100% accurate, and i am not to be held responcible for any misgivings.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Even though i dont have a PS2, i played it lots, because i was staying with my cousins for 2 weeks, and thats all we played. The game is awesome.

[size=1]*mumbles* Halo is ten times better *mumbles*[/size]
Link to comment
Share on other sites

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Forte [/i]
[B]

[size=1]*mumbles* Halo is ten times better *mumbles*[/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

[size=1]LOL, you're kidding, right?

No, seriously? ;)

Halo is nice, no doubts there...but it's hardly groundbreaking stuff. The game looks rather ugly at the start, and throughout the entire experience, it's nothing but maybe 3 different enemies and the same textures over and over again.

As I said, it's nice...but it's nothing compared with GTA3 (even tho they are two different games. GTA3 has still won a lot more acclaim from critics and gamers).[/size]
Link to comment
Share on other sites

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by James [/i]
[B]

[size=1]LOL, you're kidding, right?

No, seriously? ;)

Halo is nice, no doubts there...but it's hardly groundbreaking stuff. The game looks rather ugly at the start, and throughout the entire experience, it's nothing but maybe 3 different enemies and the same textures over and over again.

As I said, it's nice...but it's nothing compared with GTA3 (even tho they are two different games. GTA3 has still won a lot more acclaim from critics and gamers).[/size] [/B][/QUOTE]
My brother really wants GTA3. He is willing to buy it with his own money but cannot find it anywhere. But everytime we go somewhere we end up buying something for me. *turns chair and play a few level of FFX, using the strategy guide*. Anywho, I don't kno what ur reading, but the magazine (egm) that I am reading gives Metal gear solid 2 a higher rating than GTA3, which is why i hav mgs2 and are not so wild about gta3. Halo, then again, was rated a perfect 10 out of 10, beating mgs2's 9.5. I hear that Halo is an amazing game that never gets old, but that's an opinion. I really wish that i had gta3 and play halo so I could tell for myself. But as it goes, i m going off what other ppl rated it. Oh well.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Gohan [/i]
[B]
My brother really wants GTA3. He is willing to buy it with his own money but cannot find it anywhere. But everytime we go somewhere we end up buying something for me. *turns chair and play a few level of FFX, using the strategy guide*. Anywho, I don't kno what ur reading, but the magazine (egm) that I am reading gives Metal gear solid 2 a higher rating than GTA3, which is why i hav mgs2 and are not so wild about gta3. Halo, then again, was rated a perfect 10 out of 10, beating mgs2's 9.5. I hear that Halo is an amazing game that never gets old, but that's an opinion. I really wish that i had gta3 and play halo so I could tell for myself. But as it goes, i m going off what other ppl rated it. Oh well. [/B][/QUOTE]

[size=1]God knows what EGM was smoking when it reviewed Halo. I'd be giving Halo around 7.5 out of 10.

Although I know that a lot of gaming websites have been questioning the sanity of EGM's editors lately...they are giving the most bizarre scores.

They came down heavily on Wave Race: Blue Storm because of its learning curve...but I consider a stronger learning curve to be a good thing, in today's world of rehashes and incredibly short games.[/size]
Link to comment
Share on other sites

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by James [/i]
[B]

[size=1]God knows what EGM was smoking when it reviewed Halo. I'd be giving Halo around 7.5 out of 10.

Although I know that a lot of gaming websites have been questioning the sanity of EGM's editors lately...they are giving the most bizarre scores.

They came down heavily on Wave Race: Blue Storm because of its learning curve...but I consider a stronger learning curve to be a good thing, in today's world of rehashes and incredibly short games.[/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

BAH! Even Gamepro gave it a higher score then that. About 8.5 or something. And Xbox the Offical Mag gave it a 9.5 out of 10. Okay, i know that your going to beat me down to the ground with a reply that will make me look like a jackass. So ill stop here.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...