OtakuBoards

Gold Chocobos.....

Guest Shift

[COLOR=orange]What is the best way to get a Gold Chocobo? I've had alot of trouble lately. I've soent 12 hours trying. So please help me.[/COLOR] :(

ok, get 2 good or great chocobos of both sexes, male and female, race both of them until they are at least A class, mate them with a carob nut, you can steal it from the red monster who is by the bone village area, he has lots of hp, but weak attacks, mate the chocobos and you should get a blue chocobo, maybe a green one (rare though, doesn't matter, makes no difference), race it until at least class A, mate it with a yellow class A chocobo with a carob nut to get a green chocobo, race the green chocobo until it is class A, mate green and blue with a carob nut to get a black chocobo, race it until it is A class, now go to the chocobo tracks by the icicle inn and catch a wonderful chocobo, it has to be a wonderful chocobo, when you do eventually catch one (they are rare) race it until A class, now go to goblin island which is at the top right of the map and steal a zeo nut from a goblin, and mate the wonderful chocobo with the black chocobo and voila, a gold chocobo....

or if your insane, defeat ruby weapon, which is impossible without knights of the round, which you need a gold chocobo to get in the first place, heh....

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sephiroth [/i]
[B]
or if your insane, defeat ruby weapon, which is impossible without knights of the round, which you need a gold chocobo to get in the first place, heh.... [/B][/QUOTE]

Not completely. It can be done with Omnislash and Mime, if your level is high enough. 'tis Hard though..

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Final_Flash [/i]
[B]

Not completely. It can be done with Omnislash and Mime, if your level is high enough. 'tis Hard though.. [/B][/QUOTE]

nope, still impossible, you won't be able to heal yourself, so if he casts comet2 and follows it up then your done for, when I use KOTR I link it to HP absorb so I get my health restored everytime I summon KOTR....

[B]ok, get 2 good or great chocobos of both sexes, male and female, race both of them until they are at least A class, mate them with a carob nut, you can steal it from the red monster who is by the bone village area, he has lots of hp, but weak attacks, mate the chocobos and you should get a blue chocobo, maybe a green one (rare though, doesn't matter, makes no difference), race it until at least class A, mate it with a yellow class A chocobo with a carob nut to get a green chocobo, race the green chocobo until it is class A, mate green and blue with a carob nut to get a black chocobo, race it until it is A class, now go to the chocobo tracks by the icicle inn and catch a wonderful chocobo, it has to be a wonderful chocobo, when you do eventually catch one (they are rare) race it until A class, now go to goblin island which is at the top right of the map and steal a zeo nut from a goblin, and mate the wonderful chocobo with the black chocobo and voila, a gold chocobo....

or if your insane, defeat ruby weapon, which is impossible without knights of the round, which you need a gold chocobo to get in the first place, heh.... [/B][/QUOTE]

Well, he know's all that, and he's been trying it... But he can't seem to get the right Chocobo's... He went against my advice and didn't save right before mating... He ended up with a Green and a Blue.... Both females.:laugh:

I don't know why he doens't listen to me... I already told him everything about Chcocobo Breeding, yet he still keeps asking how.

You know... My Chocobo's wreen't Class A and I still got them. I must be very lucky.

[B]

nope, still impossible, you won't be able to heal yourself, so if he casts comet2 and follows it up then your done for, when I use KOTR I link it to HP absorb so I get my health restored everytime I summon KOTR.... [/B][/QUOTE]
That's basically what I did. But in my battles against Ruby Weapon, he only casted Comet 2 rarely, but I've seen what it does, and it's powerful!

Thanx everyone I just defeated Ruby WEAPON with Mastered KOTR (AP from magic pots at North Cave) & mime with everyone and beat him with that.......And also Hates. Then I tried Emerald WEAPON and he wiped me out with that 9999 attack alot and
anf Final Attack didn't work no more......................................

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by shibatku [/i]
[B]Final attack should work equip revive and Final attack and by the way how do you get final attack?I think I know is it a chocobo racing win thing. [/B][/QUOTE]

to get final attack, you must go to the gold saucer straight away on disc 3 to the battle dome and NOT kill ultimate weapon, get enough bp to buy w-summon, and then get enough bp to get omnislash, while doing this you must NEVER go out of the battle dome, after you get those 2 items, go back to the woman and she will say you are pretty good and will allow you to fight in the special battles, in which you fight bosses, proud clod is the final person to beat, win and final attack is yours....

alternatively you could do the chocobo races, but it is EXTREMELY rare to get it....

well,

i'v found that great chocobos work fastest..

mate your choco's for a green (either sex, it might take a few tries) then.. go waste some time for a bit.. then mate them again for the other sex, except blue.

then after a while mate the blue and the green for a black, then mate the black with a wonderful chocobo to get a gold

(that was probably already said.. but ohwell.. i didn't go into detail with the nuts)

note: if your having trouble telling if your chcocobo that you breeded is a gold chocobo, an easy way to tell is the legs, they have a yellowish tint, while the normal chocobo's are just brown

[B]or if your insane, defeat ruby weapon, which is impossible without knights of the round, which you need a gold chocobo to get in the first place, heh.... [/B][/QUOTE]
I beat the Ruby WEAPON without using KOTR or Omni Slash. Of course, my party was at Lv. 99. At the end I only had Red XIII left, and I'd use the Enemy Skill Pandora's Box, because it did the most damage (about 500) out of all of his attacks. I would use Pandora's Box, then an X-Potion or Elixer, depending on whether I needed MP. I did that about, ohhh... 30 times probably. But I beat it...

And about fighting in the "special battle" in the Battle Arena, you have to have that character's ultimate weapon equiped or you can't enter it.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by jcgoudy [/i]
[B]
I beat the Ruby WEAPON without using KOTR or Omni Slash. Of course, my party was at Lv. 99. At the end I only had Red XIII left, and I'd use the Enemy Skill Pandora's Box, because it did the most damage (about 500) out of all of his attacks. I would use Pandora's Box, then an X-Potion or Elixer, depending on whether I needed MP. I did that about, ohhh... 30 times probably. But I beat it...

[/B][/QUOTE]

thats impossible, he would have still beaten you, and 2 of your characters would have been taken out instantly since he does that quicksand move to eliminate them, even if you go into the battle with 2 characters knocked out and revive them after, he still uses the quicksand move....

[COLOR=blue]*Gets dizzy at the sight of all this and then asks* Exactly whif FF is this... I'm only on FFIX and you all seem to be throwing me all off....I know I may sound stupid..but I probably am a little behind in the FF topics..so don't bash me for it!!!![/COLOR]

[SIZE=3][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]*bashes sweetreyes*
oh you said not to... darn... roflmao
anyway that is FF 7 that they are talking about... one of the more revolutionary games in the series... but no where near the beat... probably 7th or 8th best in it ;)[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

[COLOR=seagreen] Thank you for correcting yourself :blush: :love: KUJA...:blush: :love:...... LMAO.... I'm just kidding but that's for the info... That is one game I'm ginna have to go get.... F.M.I. isn't that one included on the FF Anthology in the States..... [/COLOR]

No the ones on Antology are 5 and 6 but 7 is the first one to have the best graphics it was the best till they came out with ff8 and 9.

just for everyones info heres the chocobo mating you need to get a gold:

Great-get it at the Gold Saucer Area tracks
and a
Good-Get it at the Mideel area

Race them till they can go their highest then mate them and save before you do and repeat till you get a Blue or Green. Then train that one till its at its highest and mate the originall two to get the oposite of what you have(Greenor blue, Male or Female) save before mating. THen train it to its highest piont and when you can mate the two colored ones to get a Black one save before mating. Then get a:

Wonderful- get at the chocobo tracks at the snowy place on the upper continent.

And raise to its highest and then mate the black and the wonderful and save before. Then you should have a Gold Chocobo and you can get KOTR. Master KOTR about eight times to get Excaliber the best sword in the game.

[B]

thats impossible, he would have still beaten you, and 2 of your characters would have been taken out instantly since he does that quicksand move to eliminate them, even if you go into the battle with 2 characters knocked out and revive them after, he still uses the quicksand move.... [/B][/QUOTE]
Actually, it didn't use Quicksand for quite awhile. Know why? Because I didn't attack it until it burried it's claws in the sand. If you don't hit it before then, it won't use Quicksand until you've done a lot of damage.
The way that I did the most damage was casting Bahumut ZERO with Quad-Magic and W-Summon... And LOTS of miming.
Anyway, it IS possible, because I've done it.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by jcgoudy [/i]
[B]
Actually, it didn't use Quicksand for quite awhile. Know why? Because I didn't attack it until it burried it's claws in the sand. If you don't hit it before then, it won't use Quicksand until you've done a lot of damage.
The way that I did the most damage was casting Bahumut ZERO with Quad-Magic and W-Summon... And LOTS of miming.
Anyway, it IS possible, because I've done it. [/B][/QUOTE]

must have been very, very, VERY, boring then, lol....

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by shibatku [/i]
[B]No the ones on Antology are 5 and 6 but 7 is the first one to have the best graphics it was the best till they came out with ff8 and 9.

[/B][/QUOTE][COLOR=darkblue] Thanks for the info... I had thought it was somehwere around ther but wasn't sure....[/COLOR]

Your Welcome sweetreyes. And Brolly Anthology is a combo of two games in a package its FF5 which is a early FF game and them there FF6 which is the one on that was on Nintendo as 3 I believe not sure but its the one where that girl loses her memory and you go throught the game trying to find who she was and what she can do I love that one its fun.

Gold Chocobos are the best they rock.:therock: