OtakuBoards

Do Beautiful People Rule the World?

Pagan

Its time to just go on and say it. If you are ugly or unattractive, unless you are smart or funny you are going no where. The world is based on look whether you like it or not. Survival of the best looking is the current policy.

In my pychology class we did a survey where we took some of our better looking students and some of our not so attractive students and sent them out in controled experiments. In all the cases the better looking person would come out on top, and the "ugly" but smarter person would be left in the dust.

I have noticed that here on campus the more attractive you are the more friends you have and the more people want to be around you. Better looking people also tend to be more out going and friendly in some cases.

Well in closing I need more information on beautiful people versus not so beautiful people so I can start on my paper for finals. So could people please discuss this or something.

Wow.. :confused: This looks like another cool/uncool popularity discussion.

The whole thing on beautiful and not so beautiful is a little too diverse. I'm even surprised (if at all) that you accepted such a report subject and went through with it. Was the class influenced by a beautiful ditz?.. :shifty:

Darn those hot dumb-dumbs! Always trying to prove that they always get what they want!

[quote name='Hells Fire']If you are ugly or unattractive, unless you are smart or funny you are going no where.[/quote]
I'm sorry, but if you're ugly, dull, AND stupid, then you've really got nothing going for you in the first place. Really, you just said the exception right there: unless you are smart or funny. If you're smart and/or funny enough to make up for not being one of "the beautiful ones," then you've really got no problem.

Some of the most powerful/popular/respected people on Earth aren't really that pretty. Just look at Bill Gates and Oprah. And have you stared directly into Donald Trump's hair? Have you? The man has huge towers with giant "T"s on them across the country, and marries beauty queens on a regular basis.

And don't even get me started on the world leaders and national icons. Not after a certain wedding.

Beautiful people don't rule the world. They just rule the social scene. It's who controls the social scene-- that's who you should be worried about.

Yes, it depends on what you mean by "rule the world." The popular pretty people are most often seen and liked. People like Paris Hilton, for example, retarded, yet beautiful and rich. However, the people who rule our country, and often the world, are not beautiful. Actually, they're far from it. Presidents, dictators, basically everyone in the UN is far from attractive.

Anyway, I know what you meant and sadly its true. All these pretty people have way to much influence on the way people think. Like the MTV show "I Want a Famous Face." People pay thousands of dollars just for the chance to look like their favorite celebrity. Its crazy to think that someone would go through all that pain and spend so much money just to be someone they're not. However, it just shows how much influence celebrities have on the general public. Everyone wants to be them but no one can reach their high standards and kill themselves trying to do so.

[quote name='Manic Webb']I'm sorry, but if you're ugly, dull, AND stupid, then you've really got nothing going for you in the first place. [/quote][font=trebuuchet ms]You got served. ^_~

There are very few people in the world who can get by merely on beauty.

And as an aside--"well-groomed" might not equal "beautiful," but the two can be pretty darn close.[/font]

This brings up a good question...since as I have known you don't have to be just attractive to get anywhere in life, (though through actually studies good looks improve your chances of being hired for just about anything) you also need the know how, or you need to be a likeable person. Now...back to my question. How in the name of all that is holy did a man....who's not only ugly...but also stupid and most of the time pretty unfunny, become president. Honestly I still can't figure out why most of the counrty voted for him... :animesigh That's right, Gelgoog hates Bush...

Right there is the only evidence you need to disprove the theory of good looking people ruling the world. In fact all you really need is a rich Daddy...and aparently you can either have your own TV shows, (such as paris and nicole) or you can become president. (Like Bush and Kennedy and several others) MOney rules the world folks...you all know it...so it's money, not looks. END'O STORY.