OtakuBoards

Clamp's best

WhiteAoiFox

Clamps the best manga out there. Four women who do all the work in their studio. They create alot of manga and alot of people including me are really into them. Like Cardcaptors and Chobits. These mangas were the most popular in the U.S. There also Rayearth, the first manga i read. Alot of the books i read that were made by Clamp, but if you want to know about each of them, i will gladly tell you. That way you dont have to go looking them up and trying to find them. here are the list of the Clamp Books that are out there:

[list=1]
[/list] Cardcaptor Sakura
Rayearth
Chobits
Wish
Anglic Layer
X
Tusbasa Reservoir Chronicle
XXX Holic
Legal Drug
Clover
Clamp School Detectives
Duklyon
man of many faces
Tokyo babylon
and that about much i know that are out, there more, but these are the ones that have been the best so far. so if you love or have any questions about any of these i would love to hear about them.

• 3 weeks later...
I'm actually not too big fan of Clamp, they seem to make too many cliche manga's out there. And mostly Shoujo. Chobits was okay. But Magic Knight Rayearth is by far the best ever that clamp has made. Atleast in my opinion.

i adore clamp. i dont think there the greatest though. the reason theres other great mangaka out in the manga scene besides them. it's just that clamp is more known then others.

my favs would have to be: miyuki-chan in wonderland, tokyo babylon, shamanic princess, tsubasa RC, x/1999, and xxxaholic.

i am surprised that del ray didnt change the title to that one. any time a manga is licensed here in the us, they always find a way to butcher the name in english or change it completely. yes i know that was ot.

[SIZE=1]I really enjoyed Tsubasa RC.I was thinking of reading XXXHolic and The One I Love.

XXXHolic because I liked Tsubasa(The first 4 I read anyways...) and The One I Love to try something new.

And I agre.CLAMP has done an applaudable job. -claps for CLAMP-[/SIZE]

the only manga of thiers ive actually sat down and read the whole thing of was Chobits and Wish. and by wording it that way, it sounds like i dont like Clamp. well, i do like clamp! yay Wish! yay Chobits! weird xxxHolic!(read bout 10-15 pages)
...i think ive read something else of theirs, but i cant remember

:love2: I LOVE CLAMP ART!!

But I have to say "Chobits" was a bit disappointing in the end and really didn't have a plot...I think it could have had a more climax ending. But I love the art and characters. :animesmil

Ja' ne 4 Now!

You know, it's not as though I have any sort of dislike for Clamp manga; it's just that, half the time, I don't understand what's going on in them. I guess I really don't get a connection to their stories, as a reader.

However, I'll gladly admit that their artwork is amazing, even if I don't really get the story its depicting.

Nope, that's not the one. It's called...ermm...I think I'm gonna mispell it, but please forgive me that..

The Legend of Chun-Jung (or something like that)

Then there's

Shirihime-Syo (and I think I spelled that wrong too.)

• 4 weeks later...
[color=darkblue]I've come to also enjoy CLAMP manga quite a bit over the years, though I've only been a ble to read a select few of their works.

[b]CLAMP School Detectives[/b] ranks pretty high on the list, if only because I love the leader of their little agency (even if I can't remember his name off-hand. Nozomu, was it?) BUt my main favorite so far has to be [b]Magic Knight Rayearth[/b]. It has such a wonderful story and great characters. And the world they created for it...wonderful. ^^

I do love [b]Tsubasa: Resevoir Chronicle[/b], but I haven't had the chance to pick up any of the newest volumes (I only have the first two.) It's interesting how they've mixed all their characters from past works into one story, so I'm looking forward to see where they take it.

All in all, I can say that CLAMP are pretty much top-ranking manga-ka on my list with their ability to create such fabulous artwork and storylines. I'm really excited to see what they do in the future.[/color]

I would have to say my fav Clamp maga is a tie between Angelic Layer and Wish.
Angelic Layer- A cute youth manga with an average girl who just moved in with her aunt. She becomes entranced by fighting dolls and gets swept into the world Angelic Layer by some crazy sceince dude. How can you not love this story. A girl who wants to see her mum, [spoiler]and ends up fighting her at the end without knowing [/spoiler].
Wish- What can I say, it toke me a while to pick up because the ad for it look corny but, I finally picked up a copy and didn't put it down till I finshed it. It is the cutest love story in the world. I'm hoping the do a sequel but, that would most likely ruin the story and like most sequels they're never as good as the orignal. Expect for a few.

• 3 weeks later...
I love CLAMP. Every manga I've read by CLAMP, I've fallen in love with. I like Cardcaptor Sakura, Magic Knight Ratearth, and Chobits. I'm recently interested in Legal Drug, XXXHolic, and Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle. I love CLAMPS work.

[COLOR=DarkPink]What about Clover and RG Veda? Anyhow, I admire Clamp for all their beautiful creations of art and story lines. My favorites would be chobits, Rayearth, RG Veda and Clover. I love Chobits for it's wonderful romance escapades, rayearth for its magical field of creation and romance as well, RG Veda....never seen so many good looking men in one show/Magna :catgirl:, Clover for its cryptic gitters o sadness and magic of love. If I had to choose, it would Rayearth...just because I'm more drawn to the wonderful magic creation surrounding every scene.

[I]Ceres[/I][/COLOR]

Guest MartyDaChicken
Oh, I love Rayearth. It's just real awsome, and you get a good feel for the characters, espicially in Rayearth II. :animesmil

It surprises me that Tokyo Babylon or X:1999 get next to no mention in the thread. It seemed to me at the time that X pretty much made CLAMP's name among English-speaking fans, and is much more ambitious than stuff like MKR or Chobits.

Shamanic Princess is nothing to do with CLAMP BTW.

• 3 weeks later...