OtakuBoards

Pokemon: Rush [M - VL]

Kitty

[color=Navy]Sakura glared at her opponent, he was too arrogant for her liking in her opinion.

[b]"Fine, Jolteon, come forth!" [/b]she cried, throwing one of her pokeballs.

It opened and there was a flood of silver light, it formed into the spiky Eevee evolution. It cried its own name and readied for battle. Sakura looked across at Gale, he picked one of his pokeballs. When he revealed the creature, it was his Gyarados.

[b]"Jolteon, Thunderbolt!" [/b]Sakura commanded.

The thunder streaked toward the enemy and Gyrados dodged it swiftly.

[b]"Gyarados, hydro pump." [/b]Gale told the serpent.

The burst of water came from its mouth and Jolteon leapt away to the side.

[b]"Agility combo!" [/b]

Jolteon yapped and used agility, moving quickly and Gyarados tried to follow the yellow pokemon. It got close and used quick attack, hitting Gyarados, then used tackle. Jolteon then fled back to its previous position.

[b][color=Black]OOC: [/color][/b][color=Black]Tell me your order of pokemon so I don't have to guess. Mine's; Jolteon, Flareon, Mightyena.
[/color][/color]

Katrina wasn't really doing much. She was taking some time to relax and enjoy the cruise. She was watching the battles that other Trainers were having. It seemed like almost everyone on the ship was involved in a battle. Katrina'd already had hers, and she was just enjoyinh the show. She was, of course, amusing herself by trying to identify every mistake someone made durring a battle. There were a lot. Most were minor, but there were a lot of major ones, too, such as the guy who sent out a Gyarados against a Jolteon.

Katrina didn't even want to watch that battle, as it would surely be very one-sided. She looked for a better battle to watch. What she found instead was a little problem of her own. there was a man walking towards her. The man wore a necklace with a pendant on it. The symbol on the pendant was a six-pointed star set on top of a cross. It was a symbol she knew, as her brother had described it to her.

"I was wondering when you people would approach me," Katrina said as the man came up to her.

"So, you know who I am?" the man asked.

"No, not who you are. Just who you're with. My brother described your symbol to me. You're lucky that your group has never been legaly prooven to have anything to do with the shit you've all done. that symbol's a dead giveaway to those who know what it means. You may eventually have to stop wearing it."

"Not until we must will we discard the symbol of our belief. Now, enough of this. My name is Elan Karmoro. I assume you know why I'm here."

"Correct," Katrina said. 'You're with the crazy cult that keeps trying to kill my brother. You're here to try and convert me, right?"

"it is not our way to convert people. We simply show them the truth and let them decide."

'Well, I happen to be familiar with your beliefs,' Katrina told Elan. "my brother explained them to me. I actually have to admit that some of it makes a bit of sense. I'd never have come up with it, but I can see where the ideas came from. Anyways, you're here to 'show me the truth'."

"That's correct," Elan said, "but you're already familiar ith it. I'm assuming you've already made a decision about it, correct? Are you with us?"

"The fact that the group who keeps trying to have my brother killed is trying to convert me just prooves how crazy you all are. You can take your 'truth' and shove it up your ass. And don't try your threats. I'm more than good enough to handle any of you."

"We don't kill people just because they are related to allies of the devil, and we don't kill people because they choose not to accept the truth. Until you take up Satanic practices or attempt to do us harm, you are safe from us."

[i]Then I just have to hope you never figure out that I'm the one who gave Rorohiko his Absol,[/i] Katrina thought. "Then you should leave," she told Elan.

"Actually, I would like to see just how good you are. How about it? A Pokemon battle, you against me. Full parties, six Pokemon each. What do you say?"

"Oh, what the heck," Katrina said. "Watching all the others fight was getting boring anyways. Let's go."

-----------------------------------

OOC: I got permission from Kitty to bring in the cult, which has appeared in a couple other RPGs, ones where Katrina's sister Rorohiko has been my character.

OOC: I recieved permission from Kitty to join in.

IC: Karel had been on the boat for quite some time, but was asleep the whole time. He had no clue what the others were doing. He decided that he should talk to some of the trainers that he didn't know. When he went up to the deck, he saw that most of the trainers were battling someone else. Karel sighed. "I guess my Pokemon will have to spar against themselves. I'll train my two favorites. Scyther! Scizor! Come on out!" Karel released his Pokemon and they breathed the sea air. "Look you two, we need to get into top shape, so I want you two to spar against each other." The Pokemon had a confused tone in their voice. The looked at each other then back at Karel and back at each other. "Oh, right. I guess we're not used to this, since you guys are used to me telling you what attacks you should do. Hmmmmm. I guess we'll have to wait for someone else to challenge us." Karel should have taught his Pokemon how to think strategically when he wasn't aroudn to tell them what to do. It was a little too late for him to make up for his blunders, so all he could do was wait for someone to challenge him. He let all his Pokemon out and enjoy the fresh air until they had their challenge.

OOC: Yeah, someone is open to challenge me if they wish.

[I]Ace felt like something was pulling him down. He felt like he was drowning in the ocean. He could feel water going down his throat and nostrils.[/I]

Ace's eyes snapped open. He was underwater, slowly sinking down into the ocean depths. His muscles were unable to respond to his brain due to lack of oxygen. He was beginning to lose consciousness, drowning in the dark.Something grabbed his arm and pulled him up, clear of the water.

Salt water gushed from Ace's mouth, sweet ocean air flooded his lungs. Ace's eyes snapped open as he began to recover the functions of his body. He looked up and saw charizard holding on to his arm. It looked at him, worried, waiting to see if Ace was okay.

"I'm alright boy." Ace said in a weak voice. "I just fell asleep for a moment there. I shouldn't do that again. You can drop me now."

It was still dark, the stars still bright in the sky. Ace heaved out a sigh, the water was cold. He knew that if he didn't get out of it soon, he would die from dehydration and cold. His teeth chattered against eachother as he tried to warm himself using charizard's body heat.

"What the heck are we going to do?" Ace asked charizard, his only companion. "The ship is long gone. We'll have to fly around looking for another ship."

Charizard seemed to be alot stronger now. Ace decided to get on his back and give flying a try. He mounted charizard and told him to take off.

Charizard rose from the water. His powerful wings created waves of their own as they beat air against the ocean surface. They rocketted into the air, charizard's flame burned brighter than ever. They took a course that was in the general direction of where they had last seen the ship. Ace knew that if they didn't find a ship soon, they would be back in the ocean, struggling to stay afloat.

They zipped through the air, charizard's energy seemed endless. Ace scanned the ocean, looking for any hint of lights from ships. He finally spotted a light, shining from the deck of a medium sized boat. He directed charizard towards it. They increased their speed and were on the ship in less than a minute. It was a fishing ship.

"Young man what are you doing here?" an old fisherman asked him as he came out from the cabin. "How did you get on my boat? Is that a charizard? It looks strange."

Ace just looked at the man in relief and joy, he was safe. He turned around and looked at his charizard.

Charizard was down on the deck, knocked out from its exertions. Its flame burned extremely low, almost nonexistent. Ace ran to it and checked its heartbeat. He could barely feel a pulse.

"Help me!" Ace yelled to the man who rushed over to check what was wrong. "My charizard is dying!"

"It looks bad." The old man said in a grave tone as he checked charizard's heartbeat for himself. "We have to get it below deck."

[B]OOC:[/B] Since Jolteon vs. Gyarados was mentioned, I guess I'll go with it. The order is Gyarados, Dragonite, then Crobat.

[B]IC:[/B] Thunderbolts filled the air, causing the ship to rock from side to side.

"Dodge it, Gyarados! Use Attack Pattern Alpha!"

A confused look appeared on Sakura's face. The look changed to bewiderment after the Gyrados launched its attack.

"Was that... a Fire Blast?" the dazed Sakura asked herself. It was almost too late when she finally came back to her senses.

"Quick, get out of the way Jolteon!"

Jolteon escaped the inferno with a mere fraction of a second to spare.

"You're going to have to stay on your toes if you want your Pokemon to survive this match. Gyarados, use Attack Pattern Delta!"

The Gyarados coiled itself completely around the Jolteon, eliminating any chance of using its speed for an advantage. The Gyarados began to gather energy in its mouth. Jolteon struggled, but escape was not an option.

"All right Gyarados, fire the Hyper Beam! Point Blank Range!" An almost evil grin appeared on Gale's face as the powerful blast fired at the helpless Jolteon.

"JOLTEON, NO!"

The resulting explosion was massive. When the smoke finally cleared, the Gyarados seemed stunned, but otherwise unharmed. The Jolteon, on the other hand, was unconscious and covered with burns and bruises.

"Who's your next Pokemon?" asked Gale calmly. "Or should I just call this match now? Your choice."

[color=darkslategray][size=1]Shin had kicked most of the debris out of the air. His pokemon were realtively unharmed from the attacks.

[b]"It'll take more than parlor tricks to defeat Metagross and Milotic. Blizzard!"[/b] Milotic twisted forward, snakelike body generating ice. It lanuched it from its pores and out its mouth, the shards of ice striking down on the field. Salamence was weak to this, so was Dragonite. Ice and Steel, along with Rock, were his friends against dragons.

Salamence was striken by one in the claw, the others melted by a firey eruption from its mouth. It's teeth gnashed. Dragonite was chipped in the wing a bit, not too serious.

[b]"Metagross, time for it. Steel Claw!"[/b] Metagross teleported around, then struck from a southeastern angle at Salamence's hamstrings. His claw managed to tear the tissue, cutting in deep. However, Salamence retaliated with a Hyper Beam, which disabled one of Metagross' legs.

[b]"Not bad. But I was champ, once."[/b][/color]

Katrina's first Pokemon was Metagross, and Elan's was Vaporeon. "Let's see what you've got, Karmoro," Katrina said, addressing Elan by his last name. "Metagross, Psybeam!"

Vaporeon avoided the Psybeam and attacked with Bubblebeam. Not being very agile, Metagross was hit, but the durable Pokemon recovered quickly and attacked with another Psybeam. Vaporeon dodged, only to be hit my Metagross's Confusion attack. Vaporeon attacked with Hydro Pump. Again, Metagross was unable to dodge, but a quick Light Screen softened the blow. Metagross used Psybeam again, this time managing to hit Vaporeon, which went down.

"Not bad," Elan said as he returned Vaporeon. "Let's see how well you do against this."

Elan's next Pokemon was an Aerodactyl. Katrina recalled Metagross. "Who've you got coming?" Elan asked.

Katrina chuckled. "Oh, you're going to love this one," she said, choosing a Pokeball. She threw it, releasing an Absol.

"An Absol, I see. Apparently, you take after your brother."

"Not really," Katrina replied. "I just use one as a Trainer. My intrest runs no deeper than that."

"Good. Just make sure it stays that way."

Aerodactyl took to the air almost immediatly. after circling a few times, it swooped down and attacked Absol with Ancientpower. Absol was hit, but recovered quickly and tried a Slash. Unfortunatly, Aerodactyl was already in the sky again. This time, it used Hyper Beam when it flew in. Absol avoided the attack, which ended up hitting the deck of the ship. Fortunatly, all ships that were expected to carry trainers were built to withstand Pokemon moves, as it was anticipated that trainers would end up challenging each other. The deck was undamaged.

Aerodactyl eventually made another pass, using Hyper Beam again. This time, instead of avoiding the attack, Absol used an attack of his own. He angled his Ice Beam attack to pass directly beside Aerodactyl's Hyper Beam. The result was that both attacks hit their targets. Absol was already injured, and the Hyper Beam was enough to finish him off. Aerodactyl was uninjured, but it had a double weakness to Ice. The Ice Beam was enough to take it out.

"You're pretty good at this," Katrina said as she and Elan returned their Pokemon. "I honestly didn't think you'd be that good, but I was wrong."

"You're very skilled, yourself. This will probably be a close contest."

"Well, let's find out."

[color=blue][size=1]Maki giggled at her opponent's comment. "You take this too seriously, Shin," she grinned. She didn't know if her pokemon would win or lose, but either way, her pokemon gained experience, and so did she. But her amount of experience lacked in some of the most important areas; types. She had always used her favorite pokemon for the battle instead of the best suited for the battle. A flaw in her strategy that came back to bite her many times.

"Salamence! Dragon claw!"

Her pokemon dove towards Metagross, and prepared to attack with its foreleg. Dragonite attempted a Seismic Toss against Milotic, but couldn't manage to keep Milotic from squirming out of its grasp. "Milotic, blizzard!" shouted Shin. At such close range, Dragonite couldn't possibly dodge. Thinking quickly, Maki ordered for Dragonite to attack with a Thunderbolt.

Her gaze snapping back to Salamence, she spotted it's struggle against Metagross. Its hindleg was a weakspot that Metagross tried to attack, but was blocked by Salamence's tail and wing. Salamence was forced to fight defensively, leaving it little or no time to attack. "Again! Dragon claw!" Maki shouted again, determined to land at least one more hit on Metagross.

It was a close call, but Metagross managed to spin out of the way, and come rearing back towards Salamence's weak leg, but was cut off by a flamethrower.

Meanwhile, Dragonite was weakened by the close range blizzard, while Milotic was damaged by the thunderbolt. "Hmm.." Maki mumbled, "I can't in a good hit!" She clenched her teeth as Dragonite was sent spralling by an attack from Milotic. It looked quite painful, and she felt bad for her pokemon. But she wasn't willing to back out now.

"Salamence! Fire blast!" she suddenly shouted to her airborne pokemon, glancing back up at it. Back to Dragonite, she saw it barely dodge an ice beam that was headed towards her. She jumped out of the way, but was chilled by the freezing air surrounding it.

"Two on two is hard," she whined, scratching her head and walking back to her previous spot.[/size][/color]

[color=darkslategray][b]"Didn't hit you, I hope? And you have to get good at two on two battles, that's a standard format in the League Championship."[/b] Shin motioned to Metagross for an attack. It sprung forward, claw hardened like unbreakable iron.

[b]"Metagross, Iron Claw!"[/b] It was too late for Salamence, as it had tried to figure out the attack before Shin had said it. Metagross' claw raked across its stomach. It slumped down, fainted.

[b]"Return, Salamence..."[/b] She said wearily as the light drew the fained, large body of the dragon into the Pokeball. Metagross looked at Shin as if to say: [i] Not too bad of a fight.[/i]

[b]"Metagross, return. Let Milotic and Dragonite fight it out."[/b] The ball drew the iron made pokemon back into the ball with a hissing snap. As another unpredictiable move approached from Shin's Milotic, he smiled.

[b]"End it, Milotic. Constrict to Body Slam!"[/b] Milotic had wound around Dragonite's body. It squeezed tightly, and slammed it down into the ground. The giant pokemon fainted as she took it back. Soon, Milotic was back in the pokeball too.

[b]"Not bad, but you need to stop using prefrences against pokemon that your favorite are weak against."[/b][/color]

[color=Navy]Sakura looked at Jolteon helplessly, she returned it to the pokeball and connected it to her belt. She pulled another off, he was definitely too cocky for her liking. She threw it forward and Flareon appeared.

[b]"I never surrender." [/b]Sakura said coldly.

[b]"You chose a fire pokemon to fight water? Not a smart move." [/b]Gale stated.

Sakura walked over to Flareon and produced a strip of dense cloth, tying it around its eyes, rendering it blind, she talked to it quietly and returned to her position. Flareon's ears were consantly moving now, twitching to every sound.

[b]"Well?" [/b]Sakura asked.

Gyarados charged forward again, trying to do the same thing he'd done to Jolteon. Sakura patted her pockets and pulled out an item, it was a silver whistle. She put it to her lips and let out two sharp bursts, Flareon jumped to the side and attacked with flame thrower. It caught Gyarados in the side but it didn't do much since Gyarados was a water type.

Sakura looked at the battle, she let out a long shriek of the whistle. Flareon made a confirmation noise and used agility, moving from side to side as it ran forward, its ears continued to twitch and just as they were about to reach Gyarados, it disappeared. Flareon appeared behind it and released a Fire Blast, attacking at the sensitive spot of the Gyarados. It roared and Flareon escaped quickly.
[/color]

"Go machoke!" the old fisherman yelled as he released his pokemon. "We'll need your strength to move this charizard down into the hull."

Machoke moved quickly to obey. It struggled for a moment, trying to lift charizards massive body, and finally succeeded in half dragging charizard down into the hull. Ace and the old man followed machoke down into the hull. The old man pulled out is first aid kit and gave charizard a dose of some type of medicine. Ace just watched him, helpless.

"Is he going to be okay?" Ace asked the old man.

"We'll have to see." He replied grimly. "If your charizard is still alive in the morning, then I reckon it'll pull through."

"That's good." Ace said as he slumped to the ground. "I hope he makes it."

Ace fell face flat onto the ground, a fever raged through his body. The old man ran up to him, checking him to see if he was alright. Ace didn't respond, he was stuck in an uneasy sleep. His body was burning up.l

"Hey kid! You think you have enough skill to beat me?" said a trainer to Karel
(Pathetic fool. Don't ever underestimate your opponent.)
"If you want to have a Pokemon battle, then so be it. But if you're going to brag then leave, because it's a wast of time." replied Karel.
"Pathetic welp! How dare you insult me. Let's battle! GO VILEPLUME!"
"You act so tough, yet you have a flower pokemon?"
"Don't make fun of my Pokemon. It may look pretty, but it's still tough"
"Fine. GO SCYTHER!" Both Pokemon were out and ready to fight.
"Vileplume! Start off with Absorb!"
"Scyther, use your agility, so you are able to dodge it." Scyther started to make after images of itself, making it hard for Vileplume to see which to use Absorb. It fired at an image and it disappeard.
"Scyther, use Swords Dance."
"Vileplume! Charge up for Solar Beam!"
It was another beat to the shot. Scyther made even more images of itself.
"Scyther! It's still charging up, use your wing attack!"
All the images closed in on Vileplume and used their wings for attacking. It seemed to hurt the Vileplume quite a bit. After that attack the Vileplume fired at one of the images. It hit the right Scyther and all the images disappeared. Scyther had a hard time recovering, but eventually.
"HA! Now what do you think of my Vileplume?"
"Scyther. Hyper Beam." Scyther fired out the orange beam and blasted the Vileplume and it was KO'd.
"HOW? Hyper Beam isn't a technique of Scyther!"
"It's not a natural technique, but using a Technical Machine can teach Scyther that move."
"Fine! Kadabra! It's your turn."
"Kadabra? Scyther return. NOW! MISDREAVOUS! IT'S YOUR TURN!"
The pure ghost Pokemon came out and looked very happy to battle.

Katrina was in the lead, with five Pokemon remaining to Elan's four. Her next choice was Gardevoir, facing Elan's Tauros. "You can take this thing, Gardevoir," Katrina said. "Shouldn't be much of a problem. Thunderbolt!"

Tauros avoided the Thunderbolt and sped in with Quick Attack. Gardevoir was hit, and tauros was on the move. It avoided Gardevoir's Psybeam and moved in with another Quick Attack. When it tried a third time, however, Gardevoir anticipated the move and hit Tauros with Psychic. Tauros was hurt, but not down, and Gardevoir wasn't exactly in peak condition, either. Her low durability was proving to be a major disadvantage. One more hit from Tauros would be enough to take her out, and tauros was doing its best to get that hit. It moved in as before, but this time was faking Gardevoir out. Gardevoir's Psybeam missed, and Tauros acted fast. It moved in with another Quick Attack, finishing Gardevoir off.

"Two down for each of us now," Elan said. "Who've you got coming at me next?"

"I'll use this one." Katrina threw a Pokeball, sending out Metagross once again. The durable Metagross, though weakened a bit from its battle with Vaporeon, would be more than capable of taking some damage from Tauros while it waited for the right moment.

Tauros wasn't going to make the same mistake it'd made against Gardevoir. Instead of a straight charge, it made several false attempts, darting all around before finally coming it with Body Slam. Metagross's Psybeam counter missed. When Tauros made its move again, Metagross was hit with the Body Slam, but it wasn't down yet, and this time it successfully connected with Tauros. Metagross's Brick Break was more than tauros could take, and the bull Pokemon fainted.

"Looks like I'm up again," Katrina said. "Who's next?"

Elan returned the fainted Tauros and sent out a Skarmory. Katrina returned the now very weakened Metagross and sent out Flygon. Flygon made the first move, taking off and attacking with Rock Tomb. Skarmory avoided the attack and took to the skys itself, attacking with Steel Wing. Flygon recovered quickly and used Dragonbreath. The attack hit, but Skarmory's Steel-type resistance to the Dragon-type reduced the damage significantly, leaving it relatively unharmed. Skarmory attacked with Arial Ace, and Flygon was unable to dodge. Flygon slammed Skarmory with Iron Tail before it could retreat to a safe distance. Skarmory recovered and managed to hit with Steel Wing, only to be hit by a Hyper Beam in return. Skarmory went down.

"You are good," Elan said as he returned Skarmory. "That round put you up by two. Of course, I'm not ready to call it quits quite yet. Go, Aggron!"

[i]Shit![/i] Katrina thought as Aggron appeared. [i]That thing could very well be able to super-effective everything I have left. This won't be easy.[/i]

Katrina made her decision quickly. Flygon would go until he fainted, then Katrina would use Scyther. Metagross would follow if necessary, and if it still wasn't down, Lapras should have an easy time finishing it off. Katrina expected she wouldn't need to use Lapras agasint it, which was good. She didn't know what Elan's final Pokemon was, and she wanted at least one full-strength Pokemon of her own to deal with whatever it was. Even though Lapras had a type advantage over Aggron, she would hold it in reserve. This was actually one of her favorite strategies. If she withheld a Pokemon of a type her opponent's Pokemon was weak against, the opponent generally assumed she didn't have a Pokemon of that type. It had helped her on several occasions.

Flygon went down quickly due to an Ice Beam from Aggron. Katrina returned Flygon and sent out Scyther. What followed was similar to the earlier match-up of Vaporeon against Metagross; Aggron wasn't very agile, but it was durable, while Scyther was just the opposite. Scyther was picking its attacks carefully while avoiding Aggron's Flamethrower attacks. Scyther managed to do some significant damage, almost taking Aggron down before Flamethrower finished off Scyther. Metagross came out, but Katrina knew it wouldn't last long. One good hit from Aggron's Flamethrower would be enough to KO Mtagross. Of course, Aggron was also on the brink of defeat. So Metagross used the 'double-beam' strategy, another of Katrina's favorites. it angled its Psybeam to pass beside Aggron's Flamethrower, and both Pokemon fainted.

"Down to one each," Katrina said. "You're putting up quite a fight."

"So are you. Now, it's time to see who's better. Let's finish this."

"Gyarados, return."

A beam of crimson light engulfed the Gyarados, which was then drawn into its Pokeball. "Excellent move. I never would have expected someone [I]else[/I] to train their Pokemon by sound. All right, Dragonite. You know exactly what to do..."

The Dragonite soared high into the air. Suddenly, its wings gave out, and it went spiraling to the deck. "Let's see you dodge this," growled Gale grimly.

"Child's play," answered Sakura. She gave a few short whistle blows, and Flareon jumped out of the way of the dive.

[I]Good, but not good enough,[/I] Gale thought to himself. The Dragonite did a quick flip in the air before hitting the deck. An Earthquake raced through the ground, knocking Flareon off its feet. The Flareon fired one last shot before blacking out: a dead on Fire Blast right in Dragonite's face.

"Damn, there goes Dragonite." Gale pulled out his final Pokeball. "All right, let's finish this. Go, Crobat."

"All right, Mightyena. Show him who's boss." Sakura wrapped the blindfold over Mightyena's eyes.

"You know what, Sakura? That was a terribly foolish choice. Crobat, spread your Supersonic everywhere!" Mightyena writhed in pain as the shrill whistle rendered it deaf. "Okay Crobat, use Poison Fang." Everyone on the ship could here the sound of Crobat's teeth sinking into Mightyena's flesh, injecting a deadly toxin as it went in.

Mightyena collapsed to the ground struggling to maintain conciousness while the toxin flowed through its veins.

Gale's demeanor changed back into its calm, friendly self. Gale said, in a gently reassuring manner, "Listen, one of the greatest signs of a good trainer isn't always persistence. It's knowing when to give in. Its over. Call back your Mightyena, and go get it healed. We can discuss the match afterwards. What do you say?"

Sakura slumped to the floor, and pulled out her Pokeball. "Mightyena, return..."

"I'll clear the way. That Pokemon needs all the help it can get," Gale said in a friendly manner. "Don't let it get you down, okay?"

Sakura nodded silently. She then got up, and they both headed for the ship's Pokemon Center.

Zero Jumped back as a psybeam came flying by froma Kadabra,"Hey man watch it! You almost got me!" The other trainer waved in apology as his battle continured. Zero then decided that a battle now would be crmaping the deck a little much."Hey man latsdo it later. When we got enough space1" Zero waved and decided to walk to the side of the ship and watch the ocean. He looked over the rail and saw his Sharpedo raise out of the water ans roar a little. "Oh hey big guy, Ya wanna come back?" The pokemon jumped with a little glee and Zero called him back into his pokeball with a red light. Then one of his pokeballs started to move and his Ninetails came out."Wghat are you doing? Why did you come out?" He sat sown leaning on the railas his ninetails laied down next to him and watched other people pass them,"Ya know what girl? Somehow I got the feeling that I shouldnt be on this boat. Whatdo ya say? Lets just get on Sharpedo's back and head back to the mainland?" His Nine tails raised her hean and licked his cheek,"Alrigh fine. We wont go, but if it gets too rogh then I want you to go back into the ball? Ok?" the pokemon licked his face agian then lowered her head and started watching all of the battles.

Elan grabbed his last Pokeball. "Let's see how well you do against this one," he said as he threw the Pokeball, releasing a Charizard.

"This could be interesting," Katrina said as she released Lapras, her last Pokemon. Most trainers would dissagree with her statement. Theyd say that water versus fire was no contest. Those people would fail to take into account the fact that Lapras was Water/Ice-type, and the Ice type would cancel out the Water-type resistance to fire. Those trainers would also forget to factor in Charizard's ability to fly, and the increased maneuverability of the flying Pokemon. No, Katrina was right. It would be a very entertaining fight.

Charizard quickly took to the air. Lapras took a couple potshots with Water Gun, but Charizard was easily able to dodge. Similar to the earlier confrontation between Absol and Aerodactyl, Charizard was able to pick its attacks, and Lapras hat to wait for it to move closer for an attack in order to have any chance of landing a hit. Of course, Katrina's trademark double-beam strategy would result in a victory for Lapras, due to Charizard's weakness to water. Unfortunatly, Elan knew to expect the double-beam strategy by this point, and Charizard was careful to avoid a double-beam situation. The result was a series of false approaches and dodges, with an occasional actual attack. The strategy worked well for Charizard, who managed to avoid all of Lapras's attacks. Of course, Lapras had managed to dodge the few attacks Charizard had made, despite its lessened agility out of the water.

Katrina knew that Lapras wouldn't be able to keep avoiding Carizard's attacks for much longer, so she decided to alter the situation. "Lapras!" she shouted. "Over the side! Get into the water!"

Lapras made a dash towards the side of the ship. Charizard saw its chance and moved in for the attack. Lapras reached the side and flung itself over the edge, but not quite quickly enough. Charizard caught it with a Fire Blast as it flipped itself over. Lapras was stil able to fight, but another good hit would probably finish it off. Of course, Charizard would have a much more difficult time landing that hit. Lapras was in its native element now, giving it the advantage.

Katrina and Elan both ran to the side of the ship to get a better view of the action. And they weren't the only ones. Their battle had attracted the attention of many passengers, especially the finale of Charizard against Lapras, and those spectators wanted the best view they could get to watch the conclusion.

Lapras had the advantage now. Being in the water, it would be extremly difficult for Charizard to hit it. Lapras could move when in the water, but that wasn't all. maneuverability was good, but Katrina had something even better in mind. "Submerge!" she shouted. "Surface when you can get a hit in!"

Lapras obeyed and went underwater. Now the earlier situation was reversed; Lapras could pick its attacks, while Charizard had to wait for Lapras to make a move. And Lapras was patient. It wasn't jumping the gun. Charizard began attempting to provoke it, diving down to make it think it had a shot, then pulling out of the dive. It didn't work.

Eventually, Lapras did surface, but Charizard wasn't in range. Charizard moved into range, dodgeing Lapras's Water Gun attacks. When it saw a shot, it took it, using Flamethrower. Katrina liked the double-beam strategy, but what Lapras did was one better. It used Hydro Pump while submergeing itself, the result being that the Flamethrower passed [i]over[/i] Lapras, as well as Lapras's Hydro Pump attack. Charizard was hit, and hard. The super-effective hit took it down.

"That was good," Elan said as he and Katrina reurned their Pokemon. "Very good. I'll have to challenge you again someday."

"you'ree pretty good at this, yourself. That was a good battle. You're much better than I expected. Now, I'd say we both need to make a visit to the onboard Pokemon Center. Let's get going, shall we?"

[I]My head, it hurts. Where am I? . . . Oh no! Charizard![/I]

Ace woke up from his fitfull sleep. He looked around the room that he was in.

"Where am I?" he thought to himself. "How did I get here? I remember now. Charizard brought me here. That old man must have brought me into this cabin when I fainted. I have to go check on charizard."

Ace hurried to get up but ended up sprawled out on the floor.

"I feel so weak." He told himself, wondering how he was going to get to charizard in this condition.

He began to crawl. Inch by inch, he was getting closer to the hull, where he had last seen charizard's wornout body. He continued crawling, slowly getting stronger as blood flowed through his body. He barely made it up the stairs and onto the deck. He continued, inching his way to the entrance to the hull. He finally reached the doors and barely managed to open them.

He started forward again, but ended up flopping down the stairs that led into the hull. He laid on the floor, groaning. He remembered his mission and looked up. Charizard was still down, its flame was a little brighter but not by much. Ace was so focused on his charizard that he didn't notice the old man descend down the steps.

"That was stupid of you." The ancient voice started Ace out of his trance. "You are hardly any better than your pokemon and yet you managed to get out of your bed and crawl down here. I admire your caring for your pokemon. However, how will you care for them if you die? Here have some soup."

The old man placed a bowl of fish stew in front of Ace and left the room. Ace ate part of it and took up the bowl, crawling over to charizard. He fed charizard the remaining portion of the soup. Charizard was barely able to get it down his throat.
The old man returned.

"By the way. My name is Cass the fisherman. What's your name and how did you get here?" He asked Ace.

"I'm Ace. I'm a pokemon trainer." Ace continued to tell the old man his story. Cass listened, intent on Ace's story, paying attention to every detail. Charizard roared while Ace was finishing his tale.

Ace rushed over to him, forgetting about his weakened body, anxious to know how Charizard was doing.

"How are you buddy?" He asked charizard. "Are you going to be alright?"

Charizard roared a reply, lifting its head up. He seemed much better, the flame on charizard's tail was getting stronger and stronger.

"Wow. Looks like your pokemon is recovering pretty quickly." Cass commented. "Pretty sure its going to be in top shape by tomorrow. Tell you what, since I'm going to the Hoenn Region myself, why don't you guys just stay and hitch a ride with me?"

Ace looked up at him, not believing what he was hearing. ?Things are getting better for us.? He thanked the old man. ?Thanks for allowing us to stay on your boat sir.?

?It?s nothing. You remind me of my grandson. Besides, you aren?t staying here for free. You are going to help me on my ship.? He told Ace. Ace groaned, not looking forward to the coming days.

Katrina and Elan entered the ship's interior, away from the people who'd watched their battle. People who were making a lot of noise. "They're sure making a big deal out of our battle," Elan remarked as they walked towards the ship's Pokemon Center.

"I can't blame them," Katrina said. "There aren't many battles like that one. Wien there's a battle as close as ours was, people will be enthusiastic."

"You'd think close matches are nothing new."

"They're not," Katrina told him. "You get those all the time. Ours was a bit more than just a close match."

"In what way?"

"Well, there are a few different types of battles," Katrina explained. "First, there are the uneven matches of skilled Trainer against not-skilled Trainer that aren't even fun to be in, much less watch. Those are the worst, but fortunatly, they are extremly rare. tournaments are structured to prevent it from happening as much as possible, and most Trainers have enough sense to avoid ones significalnty better than them.

"Next, there are battles that are one-sided, but not as horribly. These are ones where a Trainer maybe isn't prepared, or something like that. Then there are the almost-even matches, like between Trainers with a slight skill difference. After that are the even matches, the close ones. But ours was a step above that. Even in the close ones, it normally doesn't come down to each Pokemon going down after the next hit, and even if there's one where it does, that hit normally happens fairly quickly.

"Now, our battle wasn't as good as it was simply because it was a close match. That final confrontation was what drew people into it. Many people would call a Charizard against Lapras fight one-sided, but if the Charizard's Trainer has trained the Charizard well, it's an even match. True, Charizard has the water weakness, but Lapras's Ice type canceles out the Water-type resistance to fire, so that helps the Charizard. Plus, Charizard has the maneuverability advantage of the flying Pokemon, while Lapras isn't as able to dodge, at least not on land. If we weren't on a ship, Lapras would have needed some major luck to win. Fortunately for me, Lapras was able to enter the water, evening things up again. Things continued to be even, and the battle had an excellent conclusion, a variation of the double-beam strategy you'd been hit with several times during that battle. The timing had to be perfect. If Lapras's head had been even an inch higher, you would have won. That's the kind of down-to-the-wire match that really gets people going."

The pair of them reached the Pokemon Center. After having their Pokemon revived, Elan faced Katrina. "I hope I get the chance to battle you again sometime."

"Same here," Katrina replied. "You know, you're not what I expected. Definatly not the kind of psycho Rorohiko's made that Trolmont guy out to be."

"Well, I know Victor Trolmont," Elan said, "and I have to agree with your brother on that one. Victor's a bit of a fanatic. Smart man, though."

"Yeah, well, obviously not smart enough. Or maybe his fanaticism gets in his way. Well, whatever. Maybe we'll see each other again. Hopefully, it won't be as enemies." And with that, Katrina turned and walked off.

-------------------------------------------------

OOC: Kitty, I reccommend getting the plot going soon.

"Alright Misdreavous, one more Shadow Ball should finish it!" Misdreavous fired another ball of blackness at Kadabra.
"NO! Kadabra! Fine, let's see how you do against my Gardevoir! GO!" The phycic pokemon.
"Fool, you obviously don't relize that ghost pokemon are better than phycic. I'm not going to let you make up for it either. Misdreavous, mean look!" The eyes of Misdreavous glared at Gadevior and although the trainer tired to return the pokemon, it wouldn't go back in the ball.
"Fine, Gardevoir, use phycic!" The pokemon sent out a mental blast at Misdreavous, which didn't affect her too well.
"Misdreavous, Confuse Ray!" The wave was sent out and hit Gardevoir.
"Gardevoir, use your confusion!" but the pokemon was too confused and hurt it self from too much stress of the mind.
"Now, use your Shadow Ball!" The ball of darkness hit Gardevoir and hurt it a lot. It was obvious that Karel was going to win.

"Go to sleep kid." Cass told Ace as he yawned. "Staring at your charizard isn't going to help it get better faster. Get some rest, tomorrow is going to be a long day."

Cass turned around and walked up the stairs onto the deck. Ace just continued sitting at charizards side, wanting to help it. He rubbed its side with a cool cloth, charizard was extremely hot to the touch. Ace's hands were red from the heat.

"Dammit," he thought to himself, "if I wouldn't have been so stupid and told charizard to jump into the ocean after gyrados, none of this would have happened. He may have been resistant to the water but he probably would've lost that match if it had continued."

He continued rub charizard, not caring about the pain it brought him.

"Cass is right." Ace thought, "I should get some rest if I want to remain strong."

He finally stopped rubbing charizard and plunged his burning hands into a pitcher full of ice cold water. His eyes became droopy, gradually closing. Ace fell asleep on the floor of the hull, next to his recovering pokemon, charizard.