OtakuBoards

Final Fantasy: Memoirs [M-VLS]

Kamuro

[size=1]Garrek saw Aron walking towards the burning village, and his heart and mind filled with rage, blinding him. He strode towards Aron, grabbed him by the collar, and threw him into the woods that were to one side of him. He hit a tree, and fell to the floor. Garrek grabbed him by the scruff of the neck, and slammed him against a tree.

"You seem awfully calm for someone who has just caused the deaths of two of our team-mates, Aron!" Garrek spat, "Can't you show a little compassion?"

"What do you mean? How have I caused their deaths?" asked Aron, shocked by this turn of character for Garrek.

"If you had been better prepared, if you had been able to stop that guy, Azalea wouldn't have died! If you hadn't involved Yuri in all this, he wouldn't have been killed! Now do you understand what I am saying?"

"Garrek, it wasn't my fault that Azalea died! Luke caught me completely unawares! He can do that to you! You wouldn't have been able to stop him either!"

"Well I would have tried!" he shouted, "And what about Yuri?"

"It was his choice that he joined us, Garrek, I didn't force him to! You can't blame Yuri's death on me!" protested Aron.

"Well, what about my people?" Garrek asked coldly.

"What do you mean, your people? How did I get them killed?"

"You persuaded me to join you. If I hadn't have joined you, then Bain would never have killed them!"

"Again, Garrek, that was your choice, not mine! I can't be blamed for any of this, even if I do feel responsible for all of it!"

"Well, you should know this, Aron: if anyone else dies, you are going to pay the price for it. Do you understand?"

"What are you saying, Garrek? If someone else dies, then you're going to kill me?"

"That's not what I said. Just be careful. I want to be your friend, Aron, I want to help you get home, but I can't stand all this death you've brought. I needed to get all of this out somehow, and you were the one I could lay the most blame on. I don't hold anything against you, Aron, remember that. I am your friend, your companion, and I will follow you to the ends of the Earth. You have proved to me that you can be trusted, and I hope I have proved the same."

"I am sorry I have brought so much death on you, friend, I truly am," said Aron. He held his hand out, and Garrek took it, shaking it in a very human fashion. Garrek aloowed Aron out of the forest, but he stood, resting his head on a tree, drawing strength from it. The energy he drew from the tree helped him, and healed his broken bones.

"Thank you, my friend," he whispered to the tree, before walking off to rejoin the rest of the group.
[/size]

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[FONT=Trebuchet MS][COLOR=#9933ff]Kira stared at the flames mindlessly. It's not that she wasn't shocked and horrified at the death and destruction. It was just that she was fighting down her own fire in her mind and soul. If she couldn't quell it... well... the rest of the group may end up like Yuri - killed by her.

A silent tear trickled down her cheek. [i]Yuri... I'll get revenge for you... I'll make sure that bastard dies slowly and painfully... I'll become an avenger for you...[/i]

Kira realised that there was a warm hand on her shoulder. Garrek stood there behind her, looking at the flames. She had heard the fight between him and Aron beforehand. It certainly shook the group to hear of another death. It was unfortunate that there was so much grief on the beginning of their journey. But, it gave them much more purpose to continue.

" You know Garrek... it wasn't Aron's fault that Yuri died..." she said quietly.
" I know it wasn't. But if he hadn't come along, then Yuri possibily would have been still alive," Garrek answered. " Let's go. Everyone else has moved on. We should be going too."

Kira nodded solemnly and followed Garrek from the depressing sight of the burning town.

[center]-----------------------------------------------[/center]

The group were now walking slowly through the wilderness. Everyone was silent because all were weary and at the their limits. Rin hadn't met up with them and left markers showing her where they were heading. Kira felt rather alone, being the only girl there now.

" We should find somewhere to rest Aron," Pralle spoke up. The group stopped and looked at Aron.

Aron sighed. " We'd better otherwise Rin will never catch up."

Kira looked around. This place looked vaguely familiar. Then she remembered.

" Aron, there is hot springs nearby. We can stay there," she said.

" Hot springs huh? Sounds good."

[center]-------------------------------------[/center]

A while later, Kira lowered herself into the warm spring water, a towel wrapped around her hair. Relief washed over her worn body.

" Mmmm... this is so good. I hope none of those guys peek."[/color][/font]

[b]OOC: There you go. Sorry about its shortness but I'm sure everyone can come up with something and this will be a good place to stay and wait for Rin. Also to relax and recover ^_^[/b]

OOC: sorry I've been away for so long. Been busy with uni. I'm gonna try and confine 3 posts into one. Also Pralle is not with the group...he has been held up with his battle. He will catch up with the group though at a later time.

Pralle dived sideways as Tael struck the ground with her katana. Both had already taken heavy hits. Pralle was swift with his scyth, but Tael was easily the quicker of the two. A deep gash bled freely from his arm where she had gained a lucky hit. Pralle wasn't the only one with a share of wounds as Tael had recieved a nasty wound to her leg, slowing her down but not by much. She was still quick on her feet.

Both had been fairly even in melee, even with the speed difference. Pralle knew if they kept on like this that he wouldn't be able to win. He felt a new energy build up inside him. It felt warm, like a small fire building within himself. He held up his palm flat. A small flame began to form. He grew bigger and soon it was about the size of his fist. At this time it stopped growing.

[I]So this is the power of fire,[/I] He thought

He looked up from his hand. Tael had begun to her attack again. She was charging at him, katana by her side as if to make an upward slash. He held the little fireball in his hand. "[COLOR=Red]Fire 1,[/COLOR]" his other self yelled as he threw the ball at Tael. She had to change her movement to dodge the fireball and it was enough that he could move himself.

"So that's the way ya want it," she said. "Ice 1."

A shard of ice not much larger than a dagger flew at him. He rolled to one side to dodge it to see another coming his way. As he avoided this he began to lose balance. He was very close to the edge of a cliff. Strange he hadn't noticed that there before. Maybe if he could force her off the edge he would still be able to win the race.

"[COLOR=Red]So ya think one target is easy how bout trying three,[/COLOR]" He said. "[COLOR=Red]Multiplication 1.[/COLOR]"

Suddenly two other replicas of him spawned. He headed left while one of his replicas headed right and the other straight at Tael. Tael charged at the one running at her and struck deep. The replica shimmered and disappeared. Both himself and the other replica struck Tael, but only where he hit caused a wound. She spun towards him taking out the other replica with a backward thrust of the katana.

"Not very smart are you," She said mockingly.

She started swinging the katana wildly. Forcing him to block her attacks but also slowly progress back towards the cliff edge. He had to block and walk backwards to avoid her wild swings which caught him unprepaired. Suddenly his foot felt the edge of the cliff. He had no way of escaping. Rather than dying by Tael's hand he choose to fall. He took the last step backwards and fell.

Tael looked down over the edge where Pralle had fallen. No way anyone could survive that fall. "Pitiful," She mumbled to herself as she began to walk away.

OOC: Ok this is how Pralle gets separated from the group. Things will be made clearer in my next post. Just had to finish the battle.

[COLOR=Teal][FONT=Book Antiqua]Aron sat quietly among the sleeping the bodies of his comrades. The fire was still lit, yet it was simmering down to the last cinders. Ashes blew in the wind as small puffs of smoke rose slowly. The only person still awake was Chase who sat across from him sharing the same silence as his own. Aron's mind wandered off, a tangent of assumtions about the mysterious man who sat so close to him. He remembered the motives of Chase and why he was there to accompany them on the journey.

Aron couldn't help but feel guilty. Although Chase wasn't the most upstanding guy, he wasn't a bad one, and he was being decieved. [I]It's not fair[/I] Aron thought to himself. Chase's skills had proved quite useful on the journey and the group would hate to see him go, but it was time he learned the truth. "There's no treasure" Aron spoke silently, as not to wake up the rest of the team. Chase laughed a bit "I know" he said. Aron looked at him, confused "but the whole reason you're here is for the riches and fame isn't it?" Chase laughed again silently "Of course not. I know theres no treasure involved. Believe it or not I've grown quite fond of you all and I'd like to see you get home safely. I've also learned a great deal about myself so far, and I want to continue on."

Aron looked astonished, he had underestimated Chase and his motives concerning the team. "Suprised?" he asked Aron who had yet to reply to his comment. "To tell you the truth, yeah, kind of. I mean, when we first met you seemed like you only cared about yourself." Chase nodded "I was, basically. The world in which we live is a tough and unforgiving one, and I've had to take care of myself for quite some time now. A life alone had made me cold and scournful towards others, yet it was the only way to live."

Aron sat in awe as Chase shared his feelings so openly. As outgoing as Aron was, he always made sure to keep people on the outside looking in, and here Chase was, allowing him to see inside his very soul. He continued talking "Being a part of the group has given me the friends I once longed to have. I'll stay for their benefit as well as my own." Aron nodded "Well, this wasn't so bad was it?" he said with a laugh. Chase nodded and laughed as well "I've been waiting to get that off my chest for some time now. I can finally rest easy" he said, followed by a short sigh. Aron hadn't noticed just how tense Chase was all the time, but now, it seemed everyone was coming together. The pieces of the puzzle were finally becoming intertwined.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[B][SIZE=1]OOC: Just a little insight on Heartless Me's character. It seems as though some people are being left out of the RP a bit and I want everyone to be involved. Don't be afraid to have fun with each other, talk and be serious, or joke and have some laughs. Its all about fun and all of us here are essential to the RP, so be a team! I'm not expecting 3 posts on the way to Tresora, however, 2 will be fine. I'm anxious to get this going. Good job so far everyone![/SIZE][/B]

[FONT=Trebuchet MS][COLOR=#9933ff][b]OOC: This is before Kamuro's post by the way.[/b]

Kira sat in the hot springs, feeling rather relaxed. It was lonely being the only girl. She could hear the boys next door, splashing around, being boys. Kira sighed.

" Why me? Why am I always chosen to be the one who is alone?"

She sunk down into the hot water so it was up to her chin. Images of Yuki and Yuri played through her mind. Tears started to flow down her cheeks.

" No more... I don't want to see any more!!" she screamed. The boys across the other side suddenly stopped mucking around.

" Did anyone else here Kira a second ago?" Aron asked. Chase and Garrek nodded.

" Should we dare to investigate?" Chase asked. The three of them looked at each other and shrugged. They were all cautious. Carefully looking over the screen, the three peeked a look.

Kira was in the centre of the pool, her head beneath the water.

" KIRA!" the three of them cried. All of the sudden, the screen collapsed. Kira, hearing something crash underwater, came to the surface to see three naked men on top of the now destroyed screen. She blinked twice before raising her clenched fist.

" YOU PERVERTS!!" she yelled before using her katana to send a wave of wind at them, knocking them back into their hot spring. She quickly got out of the water, wrapped a towel around her body and made her way into the changing room.

The three boys surfaced.

" Well... that didn't go as planned," Aron said, rubbing the back of his head innocently. Garrek and Chase looked at him as if they were going to kill. Aron noticed this, and backed away before getting jumped by the two. They continued to muck around for a while, picking on Aron.

[center]--------------------------------------[/center]

[i]Hours later...[/i]

Kira awoke to hear two voices conversing with each other. She rolled over to see Aron and Chase up, talking to each other. She couldn't make out their words. She tightened her kimono around her before sitting up and yawning. She watched them for a few more moments before joining in the conversation.[/color][/font]

Of course Chase noticed as soon as she opened her eyes but said nothing. He didn't want to interrupt their current conversation with something completely off topic. Finally when she sat up near the end of their conversation Aron turned to speak.

`Look who's finally decided to join us.`

"Welcome to the conversation Kira."

'What were you guys laughing and talking about so loud that it had to wake my simple slumber.'

`Oh nothing big I was just confessing something that he already knew in the firstplace thereby making a fool of myself, but it's all good.`

'what's all good? The fact that he humiliated you?'

"Umm, Kira I think that's a figure of speach."

Kira looked frusted for a moment and sighed letting out a surrendered giggle. Chase and Aron both smiled.

`By the way, i'm really sorry abo-`

'Quiet your tongue Aron, it's in the past.'

There was a moment of silence as they all looked into the fire before Chase raised his eyes again to speak to kira. As their eyes met she would be the first to notice something truely unusual about Chase, his eyes were lacking something that supposedly all people had... Pupils... There was a complete and utter lack of pupils, even the irises had seemed to never have been there. Her thoughts were interrupted as he start to speak.

"I watched you practice your katas this morning... They are very familiar. You aren't the pupil of the legendary samurai of the falling leaf, are you?"

'You could tell just by my katas that? Perhaps i underestimated more than just your ability to be communicative.'

"You underestimate to much... I could tell that it was his style because that was the same kata that I was tought as a novice ninja."

'What are you trying to say, Chase? That The Falling Leaf trained you too? That is impossible! Even if you proved yourself, my sensei is a Samurai not a ninja!'

`Kira, perhaps you should listen to chase and try not to get mad. Maybe there is a method behind his madness.`

"that's what I am getting at, anyways, as i was saying." clearing his throat. "Ontop of Assassins and Spies ninjas are masters of diguise and illusion. My master specifically said that to defeat your enemies you must become them. So it woudln't be unheard of for a ninja to pose as a samurai or even gain their talents and reknown for them. Almost as an alternate identity. See did he teach you a series of things then leave for months at a time?"

'He did... Good gods! you may be right! He said he was going to perfect his own trainings but he was so good i never realized that he had already perfected them. Though how could he? He said he'd only train one person.'

"You are partially right. If the rumours be true then what he told the people when he travelled was he said he'd train only one samurai Therefore he would be likely to take on a student of another occupation. Hence where I came around."

Aron sat back and watched the two conversate ready to play the arbitrator if things started to get out of hand since it seemed to be a touchy subject for both people.

OOC: I'll let you guys carry it somewhere from there, my head hurts and i need to save brain power for card tournament tonight. note: I used `` mark for aron and ' ' mark for kira for purposes of understanding who's who.

[FONT=Trebuchet MS][COLOR=#9933ff]Kira looked rather put out by the fact that her Sensei had another student.

? That is so unfair?? she mumbled, putting on a rather unamused look on her face.

Chase and Aron laughed softly. Kira crossed her arms in protest, unimpressed, her mauve hair slightly falling in her face. She sank down into her blue-purple kimono slightly.

? Don?t worry about it,? Chase said, sensing her disappointment. ? I was rather shocked as well when I realised that fact.?

? Remind me when we finish this ?adventure? that we both go kill him personally,? Kira offered.

Chase smiled. ? As if we could defeat him.?

? I don?t know. By the time we would have defeated our rivals, I think we?d all surpass our teacher?s expectations of our abilities.?

Aron looked at them both incredulously. ? You two are very alike.?

Kira raised her eyebrow. ? Hm? Me and Chase? Alike? Wha??

The two boys chuckled at her obvious ?blonde-ness?.
? I think he means that we are alike because you are a samurai, and I?m a ninja,? Chase explained.

? Oh?? Kira blushed at her own stupidity.

? So, lets talk about something a bit more serious,? Chase started, ? Aron, Kira, what were your rivals like??
Kira looked away at the question.

Aron thought for a moment. ? Well? I don?t know whether I can really explain it or not, but he?s a guy you could hate? I mean absolutely loathe.? Both Chase and Kira noticed that Aron had his fists tightly clenched.

? What about you Kira?? Chase asked, turning to her.

Her eyes narrowed as she remember the images from the battle. They started turning glassy and mirror-like.

? Kira?? Aron asked, now settled down.

She looked up at them with her now Ryuugan eyes, her hands half covering them. Tears were leaking out of them, flowing over her hands and face. Images kept running through her mind. She couldn?t stop them.

[I]If this keeps up? I?ll ? I?ll? I?ll do what I did to Yuri?[/I]

Kira scrambled to her feet and rushed out of the room, hands trying to hide her eyes.

? What did we do now? And what with those eyes?? Aron asked, irritated.

Chase?s eyes narrowed. ? Don?t be judgemental Aron. Her eyes? it?s a technique that is passed down through the family. If she had any siblings, they might also have it. It?s called the Ryuugan. It means Dragon Eyes. They are able to see through any attack and ultimately find its weakness.?

? Wow? that?s amazing!? Aron said.

Chase shook his head. ? There is one drawback though. If you aren?t powerful or skilful enough to control it, it can control you and make you go mad. It?s a killer technique, ultimately used to kill. I think?I think something?s happened that she?s not telling us.?

Garrek grumbled and rolled over. ? Would you two go to sleep?!?

[center]------------------------------------------------[/center]

[I]In the morning?[/I]

The three boys woke that morning. Feeling refreshed, they wandered out to the dining room to have breakfast. Kira was sitting at a table, eating some fruit, muesli and yoghurt. Her mind seemed miles away as they joined her with their own meals.

? I wonder when the others are going to meet us here?? Aron wondered.

? Mm. I wonder,? Garrek added. ? Perhaps we should stay here for a few more days. Try and regain our strength back.?

? Possibly talk about some things that have happened over the last few days,? Chase added, the comment directed at Kira. However, the desired effect of the comment didn?t happen. She just kept on eating as if she was in a trance.

Chase sighed. ? Well? I guess we should enjoy ourselves. And we promise no more peeking.?[/color][/font]

[I]Pralle looked up from where he lay. His head resting in someone's lap. He stretched his head back so that he could look up at who it was. His eyes met the face of the girl from his memories. "[COLOR=Blue]Am I dreaming,[/COLOR]" he thought. He still couldn't make out the colour of her eyes as the were shielded by the sun and the shadow of her hair. [COLOR=Blue]"She is beautiful,"[/COLOR] was the first thing that came to his mind as he set his eyes on her again. She smiled at him.

[COLOR=Blue]"Who is she,"[/COLOR] He whispered trying to scoure his memory for some sort of reminder. He sat up and turned around to look at her. But she was no longer there. Suddenly he was falling and he could see the girl staring down at him hand outstretched at the entrance to the hole.[/I]

He woke up to find that he was in a bed. He thought back to what happened to him. He remembered having fallen off the cliff but nothing after that. How did he end up in this bed. Suddenly the door opened and a little girl came in. She saw him awake and quickly left.

"Mommy, mommy he's awake," she called as she ran out of the room.

OOC: only short but keeps me in at the moment.

[COLOR=Teal][FONT=Book Antiqua]Aron scratched his muffled hair, looking out among the members of his group. They all sat quietly, content with the sleep of the previous night. He had learned much about his companions in the days prior, and was glad to see things were back to normal, lacking the usual stress among the team. He stood up straight, his eyes wincing from the bright sun. "It's time to go everyone, I know some of the team is still behind, but at this rate we'll never make it to Tresora," he said with his hands at his hips. Everyone nodded in agreement, and stood ready, preparing their equipment for the journey to Tresora.

They walked along a dirt path, weaving in and out of cliffs and gorges as to make the journey as safe as possible. There was quicker routes, but Aron thought it best to stick close and go the most reliable direction. The sun was hot and the air was dry, he was baffled as to how such a large kingdom could exist in a seemingly barren wasteland. A slight breeze was his only sigh of relief, yet it aided little against the scourching heat of the area surrounding Tresora. He wiped the sweat from his forehead, taking his headband off from around his dampened hair. It was soaked and he squeezed it tightly, watching as his bodily fluids fell to the ground.

He looked back at the rest of the team, everyone equally burdened by the relentless heat. "I'm sure it's not to far off guys, the people of Kiko gave us detailed directions and it should be easy to spot all the way out here. Not much else to look at." As they reached the peak of a large hill Aron looked down among the lands of Tresora. Far off in the distance he could see the kingdom, it looked magnificent. "Look! There it is!" he shouted, his finger pointing at the far off city. Everyone gave a smile, finally a sigh of relief engulfed the group.

However, it was short lived, and Aron's breath was taken away by a swift kick to the stomach. He looked up upon the rough face of one of Yuri's famous knights. It seemed as though they had finally caught up with the group. "Hmph, knew we'd find you here. The people of Kiko were very reluctant concerning the divulgance of your position, however, we swayed their opinions," he said with a laugh, the rest of his men following after. Aron jumped to his feet "What have you done with them?!" he shouted franticly. The large knight just chuckled "...they're dead" he spoke with a smile.

Without a second thought Aron unsheathed his sword, the blade ripping across the knight's steel armor. Everyone from each group drew their weapons, neither side making any movement towards the other. Aron panted heavily, the heat exhausting him even after such a lackluster stroke from his sword. "You'll pay..." was all he could muster, fair words the commension of a great battle.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[B][SIZE=1]OOC: Just adding a little action to the journey to Tresora. After this we'll finally reach the city. This will be our first real team battle so far, so it should be fun. As for those still left behind feel free to join or do as you choose until we reach the city.[/SIZE][/B]

[font=Verdana][size=1]Garrek's swords were unsheathed in an instant, and he leapt at one of the knights, his blades flashing. He leapt so high into the air that his head broke the top of the trees, and then he came falling back to earth, his swords pointed downwards, cleaving towards the knight. He dodged, but one of the blades still struck him in the arm, pinning him to the ground. Garrek stood up, and summoned a spell. His eyes turned blank and white, and his fingers crackled with electric power, as he blasted the knight into oblivion with a single, powerful bolt of lightning. He laughed, then choked on his own laugh. This was not his way. He had just killed someone in cold blood.[/size][/font]

[font=Verdana][size=1]He backed away, dropping his swords to the ground, and ran, as fast as he could, away from the battle...[/size][/font]
[font=Verdana][size=1][/size][/font]
[font=Verdana][size=1](OOC: Sorry it's so short)[/size][/font]

• 2 weeks later...
[SIZE=1]Aron breathed heavily as he held his sword steady, sweat dripping from the tip of his nose. The large knight struck first, swinging his broad sword towards the ground. Aron jumped to the side, the large blade striking the ground as dust erupted from the crevice. He hid in the smoke, the knight was powerful, but slow. Aron snuck behind him and with a quick slip of his sword the knight was dead, blood spilling from his throat. He heard metal hit the ground and turned to see Garrek running from the battle. It wasn't like him to run and Aron wondered what it was that made him do so. However, now was not that time and he couldn't abandon the rest of his group.

He saw Chase struggling with 3 knights on his own so he ran over and punched one in the face with all his might. It sent the knight flying and another cloud of dust filled the air as he smashed into the ground. Aron figured this was their best bet to win the battle. Hiding in the cover of the dust and attacking only when it was needed. He grabbed Chases shoulder and pulled him back into the cloud away from the previous battle. "Use the cover" Aron whispered, letting go and running off in a different direction.

[B]OOC: I didn't wanna put to much into the battle cause I wanted you guys to have some fun with it. When we get to Tresora (soon) you'll get new skills to use making the battles more exciting.[/B][/SIZE]

Chases eyes narrowed as the three came in but he blinked and took a half a step back when a blurr sent one of the knights flying back on his derriere kicking up a cloud of light dirt and debris. Grabbing a pair of kunai from the pouch he used his heightened throwing ability and wound up lucky with a blade in each of the knights eyesockets. Before the knights hit the floor, Chase was tugged into another cloud jerking out of the way he nearly attacked the person until he heard Arons voice.

"use the cover."

Chase gave a slight smirk shaking his head. Aron had given him the best advantage one could give a ninja, complete concealment.

'It's what I do best.'

He whispers back as he listened closing his eyes pulling out several stars from his hip pouch. He listened closely at the footsteps, nights of pretending to be awake and days of quiet observance have made him adept at finding out who made what type of step sounds. Alternating stars flew from the dust cloud bouncing off some knights armors but still a number scoring critical shots incapacitating or killing a soldier on the spot.