OtakuBoards

A Thread About Showers

Dragon Warrior

[size=2]This is how we Americans really [/size][url="http://www.satirewire.com/news/0010/international.shtml"][size=2][color=blue][b]feel.[/b][/color][/size][/url]

[size=2]As for showers, I just took the last one I'll ever take in this dorm, and for the rest of the summer I'll be staying with with my girlfriend in Florida. She demands that we always shower together. Lucky me :D [/size]

[QUOTE=James][color=#D6A204]
I think it's logical though. What if someone wants to have a shower while someone is using the toilet? It seems illogical to put the two in the same room, especially because there is a lack of privacy as well. So having them seperate is highly convenient. ~_^
[/color][/QUOTE]

[B]*shakes head* I see your point James, but think of it this way...If you're taking a shower and someone who was going to the bathroom flushes....wow...it's a rude awakening. Water that was once cozy and warm, now becomes frigid and evil :animedepr . Not to mention the possible smell reprocussions...you'd still get then since the rooms are usually close to one another, what with piping and all. Maybe you guys are more fortunate and you have a seperate line for your toilet and shower...me I live in an old house. I'd rather have the toilet in the same room that way I know nobody will get devious and flush the toilet while im in there.

Which brings up another use. Not only is it for torturing cats, but by either flushing the toilet or turning on a faucet you can torture your roomate! :animesmil[/B]

[QUOTE=Adahn][size=2]This is how we Americans really [/size][url="http://www.satirewire.com/news/0010/international.shtml"][size=2][color=blue][b]feel.[/b][/color][/size][/url]

[size=2]As for showers, I just took the last one I'll ever take in this dorm, and for the rest of the summer I'll be staying with with my girlfriend in Florida. She demands that we always shower together. Lucky me :D [/size][/QUOTE]
[size=1]
Haha. Thats what I mean, Adahn :p

Oh, and lucky you, lol.

I know that not all Americans deserve to be generalised, lol. But look at those who automatically say that driving on the left-hand side is weird and stupid. The way I see it, much of the world already does it; we're just waiting for you guys to catch up. And that goes hand in hand with the Imperial/Metric measurements ~_^[/size]

America has always had its own way of doing things, the US is a melting pot of all different kinds of people and a mixture between them made us the way we are today. Even if I found metric measurements easier, its just not the same you know? And why does it matter anyway what side of the road you drive on? Your still going to the same place, just a different method of getting there.

As for showers and/or bathrooms, I've always wanted one of those lavish bathrooms you see on cribs. With the walk in showers and TV's everywhere. Marble floors and water jets everywhere, like its raining, but inside :animeswea . A lot of the time the toilet and shower are still in the bathroom, but seperated, which solves our other problem, privacy, and its right where you need it.

[quote name='Baron Samedi][size=1']And that goes hand in hand with the Imperial/Metric measurements ~_^[/size][/quote]

[size=1]Well there's something I agree on, my dear Baron.
I like metric much better than the junk we use here.
All the tools I fix up my bikes with are metric anyway.[/size]

[QUOTE=Corey][size=1]Well there's something I agree on, my dear Baron.
I like metric much better than the junk we use here.
All the tools I fix up my bikes with are metric anyway.[/size][/QUOTE]
[COLOR=DarkRed][SIZE=1]Boys.. boys.. we're talking about [b]showering[/b] here :p

Fortunately for me I sleep next door to the bathroom, I don't know why I say that since because of that I end up with a relatively damp room that requires constant dehumidifying. The only good part about that though is that my room is the furthest from the toilet for good reason.

Mmm.. showers.. they are great places to be. I quite like that defrosting feeling where you're freezing cold and jump into a hot shower. Then there's how it clears your airways when you have a cold -- a particularly enjoyable feeling that I'd like to have right now (stupid me for getting sick).

I get surprisingly few spiders in the bathroom, however the last time there was one it was a [i]huge black shiny monstrosity crawling down the curtain.. [/i]I ended up attacking it with bug-spray since it really looked to big for me to try wash it down the drain >_>

Has anyone noticed that they sound better singing in the shower? I found out awhile ago that it's naturally got better acoustics, something to do with the sound bouncing off the walls in a small area. I'm not sure.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[quote name='Baron Samedi][size=1]Aah, the blissful ignorance of your average American :p There does exist a world outside of America. And in it, many countries drive on the [b]left-hand side[/b'] of the road.[/size][/quote]

I wouldn't call it ignorance, :animeswea But I do admit that when I first learned that alot of other countries drove on the left side it did seem really strange. :animesmil

[QUOTE=Zombie_Nosh][RIGHT]
[COLOR=DarkGreen][SIZE=3][FONT=Garamond]I don't really like baths so much. Well, I do, but I always feel . . . dirty afterwards. Something about bathing in my own filth, doesn't do it for me. BUt, hey, whatever you're into, right ?
.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/RIGHT][/QUOTE]

I personally prefer taking a bath, but I learned from my aunt that you shower first to get the dirt and grime off. Then you fix your bath as hot as you can stand it and soak to relax. And believe me it's very relaxing. :animesmil

[QUOTE=Gelgoog Pilot][B]*shakes head* I see your point James, but think of it this way...If you're taking a shower and someone who was going to the bathroom flushes....wow...it's a rude awakening. Water that was once cozy and warm, now becomes frigid and evil :animedepr . Not to mention the possible smell reprocussions...you'd still get then since the rooms are usually close to one another, what with piping and all. Maybe you guys are more fortunate and you have a seperate line for your toilet and shower...me I live in an old house. I'd rather have the toilet in the same room that way I know nobody will get devious and flush the toilet while im in there.

Which brings up another use. Not only is it for torturing cats, but by either flushing the toilet or turning on a faucet you can torture your roomate! :animesmil[/B][/QUOTE]

Yeah, having the water turn cold isn't any fun. When we remodeled the bathroom we had the plumer put in the type of shower that doesn't change temperature when water is turned on elsewhere in the home. You may lose some of the water pressure, but at least the water doesn't go hot or cold on you. :animesmil