OtakuBoards

A Thread About Showers

Dragon Warrior

You know, showers are very useful devices. There are so many things you can use them for. Let me explain...

[list]
[*]One can practice their singing by belting out a note or two during their hair-washing sequence.
[*]One could have a nice ponder in there, perhaps on a story idea or whatever.
[*]It relaxes a person when they need it most.
[*]It wakes someone up, whether from a hangover or after a dreadful sleep.
[*]It washes away the blood after a nasty brawl in the streets where the cops end up breaking things up and you get chased down, but luckily escape with your life.
[*]If your shower has a glass door, you can doodle pictures in the steam on it. Great fun and good practice on your art skills ;)
[*]You can... nope. Not touching that one.
[*]It's a good place to get away from the busy life.
[*]If you somehow screw around with the piping and make the water Hawaiian Punch, you could have one massive drinking fountain of Hawaiian Punch like in Mr. Deeds, only... well... bigger. And in a shower.
[*]You could have loads of fun with the hobby of shower curtains. Buy new curtains and change them every month, week, day... hour? O.o
[*]Drown your enemies... if it's a bathtub. Somehow I don't think you can drown someone in less than a centimeter of water.
[*]Go for a swim. [B]NOTE:[/b] Requires really big tub.
[*]You can have fun with sponges or even those little dinosaur things that when you add water, they grow! What was it? Tiddily-winks or something?
[*]Turn your shower into a large plant-watering system. With a conveyer belt rolling the plants through individually under the water each, you don't have to worry about giving those thirsty little puppies a drink anymore!
[*]Speaking of puppies, bathtubs make a lovely place to groom your pooch! Who woulda thunk it?
[*]Lure a nasty spider you're scared of into the shower and then turn on the water. Whirlpool of doom, biyatch! Muhhahahaha!
[*]You can act out the song "Singing In The Rain". Cheesy effects, I know, but it gets the job done, right?
[*]Create a fast and cheap, but efficient bottled-water business. Just be prepared for customers complaining about the taste.
[*]It's not a public bathroom, but when you've gotta go, you've gotta go.
[*]Flood someone's house by turning their shower on and clogging the drain. Oh, how devious :3
[*]Torture cats. Cats hate water, ergo showers are cat-torturing devices. But why would you torture cats, you sick person? >:^O
[*]The ultimate utility to the ultimate weapon! A wet towel hurts like a nizzle, so use your shower wisely to wetten the cloth of doom!
[*]A nice place to stand under water and make toast in a toaster... on second thought, scratch this one.
[*]Create a secret underwater base in your very own home. [b]WARNING:[/b] You may want scuba gear so drowning isn't a problem.
[*]Hide a cam in the chick/guy's shower you like and have fun! [b]MAJOR WARNING:[/b] Avoid plan if Grandma visits the girl/guy's house! Could scar you for life!
[*]Try reenacting the scene from [u]Psycho[/u].
[*]Turn the house temperature really cold-like and turn the water all the way cold and maybe, just maybe you'll receive a nice icsicle.
[*]Burn yourself or freeze yourself. It's not very fun, but it passes the time.
[*]Learn to not drop the soap by practicing strategies in the situation where you do.
[*]Oh, and I dunno why you'd use it for this, but I guess [i]some[/i] people get clean in them. Sounds a bit corny, though.[/list]

This is only thirty possible things the shower can supply you, but there are plenty more and you know it. So, before I open this to discussion of what you love about showers, I ask you this...

[size=5][b]Do you know where [i]your[/i] shower is?[/b][/size]

[img]http://img131.exs.cx/img131/8930/dwwashere9rz.gif[/img]

[quote name='Dragon Warrior]You can... nope. Not touching that one.[/quote] [COLOR=Blue][SIZE=1]You tease. ^_~[/SIZE][/COLOR] [quote]Lure a nasty spider you're scared of into the shower and then turn on the water. Whirlpool of doom, biyatch! Muhhahahaha![/quote] [COLOR=Blue][SIZE=1]I do this one [i]all[/i] the time. Die evil spider demons!! Dx[/SIZE][/COLOR] [QUOTE]Torture cats. Cats hate water, ergo showers are cat-torturing devices. But why would you torture cats, you sick person? >:^O[/quote] [COLOR=Blue][SIZE=1]Yes.. You sick sick person you. ;-;[/SIZE][/COLOR] [QUOTE][size=5][b]Do you know where [i]your[/i] shower is?[/b'][/size][/quote] [COLOR=Blue][SIZE=1]No.. I can't believe I lost it! I was just in there twenty minutes ago! *scrambles around searching for it*

My point in all this quoting nonsense: You are a strange person, my dear fellow. As strange as strange gets. But these are all very good reasons. I must go try out some of them now. *scuttles off*[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[size=1][quote name='Dragon Warrior']Try reenacting the scene from Psycho.[/quote]

I did that on Halloween to my Dad. Scared him poo-less.
He vowed to get me back really bad. It hasn't happened yet, but I'm sure it will.

My shower is in the furnished basement of my house. It's a walk-in with tile and an ugly clear shower curtain. The showerhead used to be low-flow, but I opened it up and took out the regulator. Now it's nice and heavy duty.

DW, what makes you think of these things?[/size]

To tell you the truth, I thought of this thread idea in the [b]shower[/b]. :P

I have two showers in the house. One is in my parents' bathroom which doubles as a tub. It has a clear curtain with flowers on it and is purple. The other shower is owned by me >:^D It's just a shower with a glass door (which I doodle on in the steam) and is an orangish-yellow. It's kinda cramped in there :(

[size=1]I wish that my shower had a chair in there, preferably one that looks like a toilet. But not a real toilet. Because thats nasty. Anyway, I always find myself day-dreaming in the toilet or in the shower. So, the best way to accomodate both of these areas of intellectual vacancy would be to have a toilet in the shower!

In all seriousness though, I love my shower, and even in the middle of summer I have them warm to hot. When on holiday, if I stay at a caravan park [hence: not my hot water bill] I'll normally have two really long showers a day. It's just so relaxing, as DW said, and it is... good. Showers are an enjoyable place, and thats even without anyone else in there![/size]

Shower truly is a miraculous thing, I spend half an hour with it [I]every single day[/I]. Few times I've even used it [I]twice[/I] in one day!

There is only one thing that excels a shower in superiority: a bathtub. Ever since I moved away from my granny's place, I've felt that I have to settle for the next best thing. There's nothing so relaxing as a hot, steaming bath... Of course, having one every day lifted the water-bill into the clouds, making my granny quite uncontent. ;D

PS. This is totally freaky, but just as I wrote this, a woman in the radio began speaking about baths and showers! Mystifying...

[quote name='Baron Samedi][size=1']Anyway, I always find myself day-dreaming in the toilet or in the shower.[/size][/quote]

[size=1]Whoa, buddy... What kind of toilet do you use?
You might get in yours, but I sit on mine.
:P[/size]

I take two showers a day and they're very long (my hair requires a lengthy wash). Not to mention I have the shower really hot. I come out red as a lobster. And baths aren't that soothing to me because they stay at one temperature the whole time, while with a shower I can adjust the water temp to my content. I'm constantly turning the shower warmer throughout my washing, so... yeah :)

Women in showers with me rocks ;^D

[QUOTE=Dragon Warrior]
Women in showers with me rocks ;^D[/QUOTE]

[color=gray][size=1]Yes you should try that out once :3

Anyway, I practically only shower to wake up and to remove my bed smells... Not like I have those ofcourse...
My shower is just one with these glass doors that you can't draw on because you can't look through them (well, really unclear).

And that's my shower :P[/color][/size]

Just yesterday I was taking one of abnormally long showers (my brother thought I had died in there) and I look up to see that my shower nozzle has about eight different functions! You wouldn't BELEIVE the massage I got! It has these 3 little nozzles that fire out in order and it has a power shot and some really weird functions! Man, I suddenly really want to take a shower! Of course Im roped to my computer and cant afford to waste another outfit...

I only have one shower, and after reading all the different things you can do in the shower, I'm compelled to get another to increase my showering pleasure (no pun intended). *wonders where his shower is* knowing my luck it probably won't be there if I look for it, I'll just wait for it to come to me :cool:

[font=trebuchet ms][color=darkorchid]Last I checked, my shower was in the bathroom. But then again, I'm at work and not at home. It could have gone for a walk or something.

I love baths. They are holy. You can do anything, with anyone...depending on the size of the tub. :D [/font][/color]

Ah... i just took a twenty minute shower but it wasn't too relaxing. My brothers friend who I hate is here and just knowing hes in my house makes me uncomfortable. I had to get all that clay off my hands... anyway, i think Ill take a longer shower on Saturday when Im not pressed for time. I tried to experiment with the shower nozzle, and let me tell you, that is a dangerous task. One nozzle tickled me in a way I can never descirbe. 0.0

[quote name='ThatOneOddDude']Just yesterday I was taking one of abnormally long showers (my brother thought I had died in there) and I look up to see that my shower nozzle has about eight different functions! You wouldn't BELEIVE the massage I got! It has these 3 little nozzles that fire out in order and it has a power shot and some really weird functions! Man, I suddenly really want to take a shower! Of course Im roped to my computer and cant afford to waste another outfit...[/quote]

Thank you for your two disturbing stories about you and your shower nozzles O.o

The nozzle in my bathroom has similar functions, of around ten. Unfortunately for the other shower in the house, it has a regular nozzle. No matter. I don't use that shower. Muhahahahaha. I don't really tinker with the nozzle functions, though, and they don't really give me pleasure anyways. (this isn't sexual, you flippin' pervs!)

Where is my shower? Gee, I don't know. *Checks in pockets, then looks under the couch...* Erm...Nope...Oh well :P It will come home eventually...

Anyway, I can't draw pictures in the shower...I don't have a glass door :( Instead a have an ugly shower curtain. (I did not decorate my bathroom.) It's purple and green, and is all flowery and ****.

Actually, the evil spiders, for some strange reason, like my shower. But that's okay, it saves me the task of having to lure them in there. (Did I mention how incredibly lazy I am?) In the morning, I like to turn that sucker on and drown the ugly little *******. Mwahahaa! Feel the wrath of my unholy rage!

Ahem...Yeah...Weird mood O.o

When good showers go bad...I have two showers in my home, one good the other one evil.

The shower in the master bath is just one of those shower stalls with a frosted glass door. The kind that has a magnetic latch. The latch decided it didn't want to open. Sometimes it was when I would be outside the stall...other times inside. Eventually one day when I couldn't get into the shower my husband and the door had a tug-o-war to the death. Death of the handle. The handle broke but the magnet stayed put! Evil shower door... :animeangr

The other shower is the main bathroom. It is a full tub with shower head. This is my favorite bathroom. I decorated it in a "lodge" theme. So the curtain has little trout curtain hooks and the curtain has bears, moose, trout and evergreen trees on it. I never have issues with the shower curtain. It's very friendly and doesn't lock you in or out. This is the way showers should be, nice and friendly.

[quote name='Baron Samedi][SIZE=1']Lol. Our toilet is in a separate room to the bathroom, so instead of being "in the bathroom", we're "in the toilet". [/SIZE][/quote]

[size=1]0_0
Australians are weird. ^_^[/size]

Corey... there are stranger things in this world. Austrailians just happen to be one of them. But trust me when I tell it can get weirder. Besides the fact that Austrailians drive on the [b][u]LEFT[/u][/b] side of the road. That just seems strange. Then again they say that driving on the right side is weird. Focus Phayt focus! *smacks self couple times*
My shower... has four functions last time i checked. That is unless my mom changed it on me. Killing spiders... good. Tortureing kitties... bad! I have four cats thank you and one of them is pregnent.
I can draw in my shower but not on glass. I use this plastic material on the wall. Showers are the best invention us humans have ever made... besides internet, video games, somethings best left not mentioned *cough cough*, and chicken sandwhichs. mmmmmmmmmmmmm.... chicken.

[color=#D6A204]It's only partly true that toilets are in seperate rooms to bathrooms in Australia. It's probably 50/50.

In some houses, toilets are in the same room as the shower and/or bath. I know I've seen that plenty of times.

But in other houses, there is a seperate small room specifically for the toilet. In the houses I've lived in, most of them have been this way.

I think it's logical though. What if someone wants to have a shower while someone is using the toilet? It seems illogical to put the two in the same room, especially because there is a lack of privacy as well. So having them seperate is highly convenient. ~_^

Oh, and driving on the left is common in most countries as far as I know. [/color]

[quote name='James][color=#D6A204']Oh, and driving on the left is common in most countries as far as I know.[/color][/quote]

[size=1]Heh, it's common in America too.
At about one in the morning.
After the driver has had a few beers.
O.O[/size]

[size=1][QUOTE=Corey][size=1]0_0
Australians are weird. ^_^[/size][/QUOTE]As James said, why would you want to have the toilet and the shower in the same room. I mean, lack of privacy yeah, and the fact that it is just damn inconvenient. It's not weird. It's relatively commonplace, lol.

[quote name='Phayt']Corey... there are stranger things in this world. Austrailians just happen to be one of them. But trust me when I tell it can get weirder. Besides the fact that Austrailians drive on the LEFT side of the road. That just seems strange. Then again they say that driving on the right side is weird.[/quote]Aah, the blissful ignorance of your average American :p There does exist a world outside of America. And in it, many countries drive on the [b]left-hand side[/b] of the road.[/size]

[quote name='James][color=#d6a204']Oh, and driving on the left is common in most countries as far as I know. [/color][/quote]Yeah I know. But Austrailia just plain puts it out there and Britian kinda does. I could never drive on the left... except in Grand Theft Auto. Tanks!

[quote name='Baron Samedi][size=1]Aah, the blissful ignorance of your average American :p There does exist a world outside of America. And in it, many countries drive on the [b]left-hand side[/b'] of the road.[/quote][/size]

I know that other countries do that. I am just saying it strikes me as strange. I am not saying that Austrailia is the only country that does it. AND, I am not your average american! Those would be your slightly ingnorant retards who eventually run for president *cough* Bush *cough*. I am wanting to be an architect. I understand math as if it were my first language. And I am an atheist. Most people here that I know of are christians. Then again I do live in the "Bible Belt".

[quote name='Phayt']Yeah I know. But Austrailia just plain puts it out there and Britian kinda does. I could never drive on the left... except in Grand Theft Auto. Tanks![/quote]

[RIGHT]
[COLOR=DarkGreen][SIZE=3][FONT=Garamond]I drive on the left, and I'm not Australian or British . . .

But, yeah, showers, WOO-WOO !

I love my shower. Her name is Betty.
Betty the shower . . .
She keeps me clean.
I love you, Betty !

I could spend 45 minute relaxing under the gushing stream of hot, hot liquid !Showers are so . . . Zen . . . I hate when I have to hurry a shower, like when I'm expecting guests, or when I'm being yelled at to "Hurry the *flip* up!"

I don't really like baths so much. Well, I do, but I always feel . . . dirty afterwards. Something about bathing in my own filth, doesn't do it for me. BUt, hey, whatever you're into, right ?
My baths name is Rosie.
Wanna know why?
Because, when I get out of the bath, I leave a ring around Rosie.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/RIGHT]

[quote name='Baron Samedi]Aah, the blissful ignorance of your average American :p There does exist a world outside of America. And in it, many countries drive on the [b]left-hand side[/b'] of the road.[/size][/quote]

You generalized americans just like he generalized australians, personally, I love autralians :p . It would be boring if everything was the same everywhere, the while point of visitng another country is experiencing the culture, doing something new. Sometimes its hard to conform to new ways, but it helps you grow.

As for having a toilet and shower in the same room, I think its a good idea. I like to relax after well, extricating my materials lol. And the shower is awesome for resting. Just sit back and let the water flow.