OtakuBoards

Lost

Manic Webb

Guest tengumanX
[spoiler]did any one see what happend when the timer ran out? they started to go backwards! they then turned into some sort of [COLOR=Black][B]black[/B][/COLOR] and [COLOR=Red]red[/COLOR] egyptian hyroglyphics(i spelled that wrong). -_-

whoops! isaid to much (O_O)...[/spoiler]

[color=navy]Added spoiler tags. Please remember to use them when discussing season 2.
--Manic W.[/color]

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boy, this thread has been idle for a while.

Anyway, tonight's episode was good. The Bernard/Rose story was nice, and the ending with [spoiler]Michael finally returning~~~[/spoiler] was awesome. The season finale is going to rule so much. :)

One other quick thought: Is it just me or has Ana Lucia gotten a bajillion times more likable lately? I hated her at first; however, she's grown on me a ton since then. She's still not one of my favorite characters, but she no longer bugs the **** out of me, haha.

Must... not... highlight... spoilers! :animestun

There are three downloadable episodes left for me to watch, so I must be catching up--right? Right? Anyway, I just saw the episode in which [spoiler]Henry draws the map for Ana Lucia.[/spoiler] Why is it that the Korean episodes always seem to be especially excellent? I thought this was the best one (er, the best episode in general, I mean--not just the best Korean episode) I had seen in a while.

The writers did a great job of weaving together the disparate storylines--which is something they almost always do well, for that matter. I liked how they kind of toyed with the viewer's head without trying [i]too[/i] hard; a good example of this is the beginning scene, when [spoiler]Sun is shown meeting the bald dude, and at first you just naturally assume that they're having an affair.[/spoiler]

By the way, I loooove [spoiler]Henry. His ending monologue (about what he would do if he really were a member of the Others) had me in shivers. So cool! It's creepy how effortlessly he figured out the group dynamics, not to mention how he's subtly and not-so-subtly playing the plane characters off one another.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]Where's Desmond? I want more Desmond.[/spoiler] :(

Oh, and backtracking a little further, I was ecstatic over how they showed the real story of what happened between [spoiler]Claire and Rousseau.[/spoiler]

~Dagger~

We agree on a great many things, Dagger. :)

[quote name='Dagger]There are three downloadable episodes left for me to watch, so I must be catching up--right? Right? Anyway, I just saw the episode in which [spoiler]Henry draws the map for Ana Lucia.[/spoiler'] Why is it that the Korean episodes always seem to be especially excellent? I thought this was the best one (er, the best episode in general, I mean--not just the best Korean episode) I had seen in a while.[/quote]

Yes, you're almost caught up. The latest Lost is the last new episode for a couple of weeks, so hopefully you'll be all caught up by the time the last few episodes of the season start airing. And, believe me, you'll want to be caught up. ;)

By the way, I love Jin/Sun episodes as well. They're so great. :)

[quote]The writers did a great job of weaving together the disparate storylines--which is something they almost always do well, for that matter. I liked how they kind of toyed with the viewer's head without trying [i]too[/i] hard; a good example of this is the beginning scene, when [spoiler]Sun is shown meeting the bald dude, and at first you just naturally assume that they're having an affair.[/spoiler][/quote]

Indeed. I loved [spoiler]the tension between Sun and Jae. At the beginning I was like, "OMG SHE CHEATED ON JIN :O!!!" I never would have guessed that he was the one who had taught her English, haha.[/spoiler] Shows how great my memory is. :p

([spoiler]Oh well - I'm glad that Sun apparently did not cheat on Jin.[/spoiler])

[quote]By the way, I loooove [spoiler]Henry. His ending monologue (about what he would do if he really were a member of the Others) had me in shivers. So cool! It's creepy how effortlessly he figured out the group dynamics, not to mention how he's subtly and not-so-subtly playing the plane characters off one another.[/spoiler][/quote]

[spoiler]Henry[/spoiler] is awesome, and the actor who plays him is ******* amazing. God, the guy just gets creepier each episode. It's like each new episode has at least one [spoiler]Henry[/spoiler] moment that's incredibly unsettling. He's so great.

By the way (spoiler for the next Lost episode you'll be watching), [spoiler]it's the greatest thing ever when Henry is finally found out and is revealed to be an Other. The look on his face at the end of "Lockdown" needs to be made into an OWNED pic, stat.[/spoiler]

[quote][spoiler]Where's Desmond? I want more Desmond.[/spoiler] :([/QUOTE]

You and me both. God, I'm such a ginormous [spoiler]Desmond[/spoiler] fanboy it's ridiculous. [spoiler]Lately my favorite Desmond moment is when he's telling about how he first came upon Kelvin in the hatch. "'Just savin' the world,' he says" is such an fantastic quote.[/spoiler]

I'll be so giddy if he shows up again by the end of the season - [spoiler]we got Rousseau and Ethan again, so why not Desmond? <3[/spoiler]

LOVE IT! This show is so awesome! Ok first off I only started watching it mostly because Dominic Monaghan aka Merry Bradybuck was in it. I love him. But to my surprise it turne dout to be way better than I ever expected. I've seen every episode. My parents and I love it! Every week you get left in ore suspense and evry time they answer a question there's 10 more! It's weird too. I'm excited to see what happens next!

• 3 weeks later...
Holy crap. That was a [i]really[/i] intense episode... is the finale coming up soon? Wait, next week isn't the finale, is it? :animestun

[spoiler]Ana Lucia having sex with Sawyer[/spoiler] left me reeling, but that was nothing compared to how I reacted when [spoiler]Ana Lucia and Libby were shot. Libby definitely seems to be a goner... I suppose there isn't much hope for Ana Lucia, either, because this episode focused on her. If one of them was going to live, though, it would have to be her. I wonder how they'll show Libby's story now? Ever since it was revealed that she was in the same institution as Hurley, I've been very curious about her.[/spoiler]

It's unfortunate that [spoiler]Locke will probably lose the added edge he had with John right after getting it. Anyway, what on earth is Michael planning on telling them? That Henry somehow got Ana Lucia's gun and then escaped? I expected him to leave with Henry, but I guess the Others still want to have an inside man.[/spoiler]

I'm also questioning just how much [spoiler]Michael really knows. If he's trusting the Others to this extent, I assume he at least got to see Walt, in which case he must be aware that they're not just living out in the jungle and so forth.

Henry's comments throughout the episode were another point of interest; hard though it is to believe anything he says, I think he was being completely sincere when he defended the morality of his side (even if it came off as being more weird and cultish than anything else). So that introduces yet another element of moral ambiguity.

Will Michael just stay and watch his friends stroll into a (death?) trap?[/spoiler] I won't make any predictions at this point...

~Dagger~

Just a note about tonight's episode, "Two For The Road."

[spoiler]The actresses who play Libby and Ana Lucia were recently charged with a DUI in Hawaii. This has led many fans to speculate whether or not the actresses would be kicked off of the show. Here's our answer. "Two for the Road." Get it?[/spoiler]

Good God, what a freaking show. My jaw is still hanging open.

[quote name='Dagger]Holy crap. That was a [i]really[/i'] intense episode... is the finale coming up soon? Wait, next week isn't the finale, is it? :animestun[/quote]

We've got three more weeks left: Two one-hour shows and the two-hour season finale. It's clear sailing from here until the end of the season.

[quote][spoiler]Ana Lucia having sex with Sawyer[/spoiler] left me reeling, but that was nothing compared to how I reacted when [spoiler]Ana Lucia and Libby were shot. Libby definitely seems to be a goner... I suppose there isn't much hope for Ana Lucia, either, because this episode focused on her. If one of them was going to live, though, it would have to be her. I wonder how they'll show Libby's story now? Ever since it was revealed that she was in the same institution as Hurley, I've been very curious about her.[/spoiler][/quote]

[spoiler]Yeah, they're both goners. If you've been scouring for any Lost-related news lately, then you know that both Michelle Rodriguez and Cynthia Watros are leaving the show. Coupled with the online rumors that two people were going to be aced before the end of the season, it was almost certain that Ana Lucia and Libby were going to the ones to be killed. I took the rumors with a grain of salt (I thought that the two who were going to die would be minor characters ala Arzt blowing up last season), but I'm sure now that they'll both be dead. However, I don't think that [i]anybody[/i] could have predicted how they'd go out. Jesus Christ.[/spoiler]

As for [spoiler]Libby's story[/spoiler] (BIG SPOILER AHEAD), [spoiler]it's been revealed via TV Guide and various other sources that the season finale will be centered on Desmond (*takes a moment to jump for joy*) and that Libby will actually be a part of Desmond's backstory. So a bunch of questions will probably be answered there.[/spoiler]

[quote]It's unfortunate that [spoiler]Locke will probably lose the added edge he had with John right after getting it. Anyway, what on earth is Michael planning on telling them? That Henry somehow got Ana Lucia's gun and then escaped? I expected him to leave with Henry, but I guess the Others still want to have an inside man.[/spoiler][/quote]

[spoiler]I think that it's a believable enough story, considering that everyone knows how crafty Henry is. And all that they really know about the situation is that Ana Lucia was looking to kill Henry, so I figure that they'll assume that she lost her cool before she got the opportunity to blow his brains out, Henry was able to get the jump on her, and he was able to overpower her and Michael and escape. They really have no reason to not believe anything that Michael says; they know how much he hates The Others.[/spoiler]

[quote]I'm also questioning just how much [spoiler]Michael really knows. If he's trusting the Others to this extent, I assume he at least got to see Walt, in which case he must be aware that they're not just living out in the jungle and so forth.[/spoiler][/quote]

I'm questioning that as well. [spoiler]The Others have played everyone like a bunch of damn fiddles for the most part, and I definitely think that they're stringing Michael along. They let Michael see just enough to make him think that they were desperate enough for a deal, just enough to feed his obsession with getting Walt back, and they sent him to get Henry.

At first I was thinking that Ana Lucia might've been a revenge kill for The Others, but now I just think that she was in the wrong place at the wrong time, just as Libby was. If it were anybody else there, I think that Michael would have killed him or her. I think that his only real objective was to spring Henry... for now, that is. But who knows what else The Others might want him to do? I think that you're exactly right about what you said earlier about The Others wanting an inside man.[/spoiler]

[quote][spoiler]Will Michael just stay and watch his friends stroll into a (death?) trap?[/spoiler] I won't make any predictions at this point...[/QUOTE]

Don't worry, I'll make vague predictions for you. :p

Anyway, I hope not, but I'm honestly not sure. [spoiler]Michael is definitely not in his right frame of mind right now; his mind is fixated on Walt and that's it. As long as The Others have Walt within their walls, then Michael will follow their orders. As he's just shown, he's willing to do anything to get Walt back.[/spoiler]

Man, oh man, is Lost ever ******* great. I hope that all of the people who were complaining about the 'slowness' of this season are eating a few good helpings of crow right now. These last three weeks are going to be absolutely killer.

[color=darkred]Is Season 3 airing over in America or something? It's hard to tell from any of the posts, what with the spoilers and all. :animeangr

Season 2 started last Tuesday here in the UK, leaving us at episode 3. It 's pretty boring so far, but I [i]know[/i] it'll get better, it always does... plus some of the posts here reassure me of that fact.[/color]

[quote name='Bombu][color=darkred']Is Season 3 airing over in America or something? It's hard to tell from any of the posts, what with the spoilers and all. :animeangr [/color][/quote]

Ha, no. We're talking about Season 2 episodes, but we don't want to give anything away to people who haven't seen them yet, right? :P

Before I say anything about the most recent episode, I have a question... can anyone explain what's up with the fake Hanso corporation ads (both on TV & in print; I recently saw a full-page one in the Washington Post) and the book called Bad Twin? Is it the manuscript that Sawyer was reading? Is the Hanso corporation website worth visiting? Is the book itself worth taking a look at?

My mom is [i]convinced[/i] that Disney wants to make a Lost into a theme park or a theme park ride, haha. Personally, I just want to see a Lost world in the next Kingdom Hearts game. *dodges*

[spoiler]"Because you're the closest thing I have to a friend, Doc."[/spoiler]

Awww.... :)

~Dagger~

Yes, [i]Bad Twin[/i] is the manuscript that Sawyer was reading; my dad bought it, but I haven't read it yet (no time). I have no clue what is up with the Hanso Corp. ads. I've gone to the websites, but I'm not really getting anything out of them lol.

Disney knows that they have hit pay-dirt with Lost. Back during the first season, when Hurley's CD player ended every episode on a different song, there were people who went out of their way to find the paralells between the songs and the episodes. Small easter eggs that found their ways into the episodes were plastered all over the internet.

That's when it became clear; the producers know that fans will follow everything on this show religiously. So they fabricated the Hanso Corp ads, and either used the show as a vehicle to promote someone's book, or they decided to cash in by writing a book loosely connected to the show.

Apparently the Hanso website is connected to some kind of online game called the "Lost Experience." I haven't had time to check it out completely, but if you go to the sign up section, enter your name,[spoiler] and then enter the password "breaking strain" You will see a short clip of an experimental orangutan called Joop, who is mentioned on the Hanso website. I have no idea what the 'joop' connection to the lostaways is, but I'm guessing he might be in one of the hatches or loose on the island.[/spoiler]

The season finale can be summed up with a single sentence: [spoiler]Henry is the ******* [I]man[/I].[/spoiler] In all seriousness, though, I just became a ridiculous, irrational, rabid [spoiler]Henry[/spoiler] fangirl. The moment when it became clear that [spoiler]he was the "Him" & the mastermind that all the Others were scared of[/spoiler] was priceless.

[spoiler]Odds on survival for Locke, Ecko and Desmond... probably very low, loath though I am to admit it. It would be sad and yet not entirely unfitting for them to die that way. But I would still be awfully depressed.

Odds that Michael's boat will either blow up as soon as they reach the horizon or just lead them back to the island... 50/50, I'd say, for the sole reason that now that Penelope seems to be on the right trail, it might actually work for an ex-island character to continue participating in the story.[/spoiler]

I'm going to have this funny empty feeling all summer... :confused:

~Dagger~

• 4 months later...
Oh my god, what an episode. I really liked the first season finale, but this episode blew that out of the water with ease. Just fantastic, riveting stuff the whole way through. I swear, my hands are shaking right now lol.

[quote name='Dagger]The season finale can be summed up with a single sentence: [spoiler]Henry is the ******* [I]man[/I].[/spoiler] In all seriousness, though, I just became a ridiculous, irrational, rabid [spoiler]Henry[/spoiler] fangirl. The moment when it became clear that [spoiler]he was the "Him" & the mastermind that all the Others were scared of[/spoiler'] was priceless.[/quote]

YES. Jesus, that was such a fantastic moment. [spoiler]Henry[/spoiler] is a damned [i]genius[/i]; [spoiler]the guy fooled Jack and Sayid like it was nothing that whole time. I can't believe that I never suspected it... I knew that he was obviously of some importance to The Others, since they went through so much trouble to get him back, but man. I'm [i]so[/i] glad he's going to be around for next season though.

What do you think about the look that Henry had on his face when he saw all of the craziness that was coming from the hatch? I'm not certain that he was expecting that... to me, it honestly looked like he had an, "Oh, ****" look on his face. Then again, I could be wrong, obviously.[/spoiler]

As for becoming ridiculous, irrational, rabid fans of certain characters... [spoiler]DESMOND~! God, his utter coolness just went up like ten trillion points for me. From his showing up drunk out of his mind and channeling Jack Sparrow to his awesome backstory and heroics at the end of the episode, Desmond is (was? :() just the ******* man. Lost has some great characters that I really love, but Desmond in this episode is probably the most I've been into a character thus far in the series.[/spoiler]

[quote][spoiler]Odds on survival for Locke, Ecko and Desmond... probably very low, loath though I am to admit it. It would be sad and yet not entirely unfitting for them to die that way. But I would still be awfully depressed.[/spoiler][/quote]

I'm torn. [spoiler]Logic tells me that they've all died... but the final scene of the episode has given me some hope (what a shocker that scene was, by the way). It would kind of suck to have Penny searching all of next season only to find that Desmond is dead. Then again, that'd probably lead to some great, dramatic stuff in and of itself, so it's more than conceivable that Desmond is dead, at the very least; they could go anywhere with this. (I love how unpredictable Lost is!)

Frankly, though, I'm not sure that I could take it if three of my favorite characters died in one fell swoop.[/spoiler]

[quote][spoiler]Odds that Michael's boat will either blow up as soon as they reach the horizon or just lead them back to the island... 50/50, I'd say, for the sole reason that now that Penelope seems to be on the right trail, it might actually work for an ex-island character to continue participating in the story.[/spoiler][/quote]

[spoiler]I don't think that Henry nor anybody else is going to do anything to Michael's boat. Henry has this fixation with being a "good person" ... he said that he couldn't die, because he is a good person, he tells Michael that The Others are the good guys, etc. And he also said that he keeps his word, so if the fact that Henry truly sees himself as a good person is the one true thing we know about him (and I think that it is), then Michael and Walt are safe.

What's going to happen with Jack, Sawyer, and Kate, though? That'll be very interesting.[/spoiler]

[quote]I'm going to have this funny empty feeling all summer... :confused: [/QUOTE]

Same here. I got my first taste of Lost when the Season 1 DVD set came out, so I only had to wait a couple of weeks for the second season to start. Now I'll be waiting until Autumn; it's going to be a long summer. :animecry:

---

Come on, nobody's brought this thread back yet? Shame on you guys. :whoops:

Lost starts up again on Wednesday. I'm excited as hell, and I know that Dagger and Manic are probably excited too. The rest of you should get on the bandwagon while you can, because I can tell that this season will be a hell of a ride.

Some random spoilers that have been revealed about Season Three and are completely legit (as in, they've been 100% confirmed by Damon Lindelof, Carlton Cuse, or both):

[spoiler]- Locke, Eko, and Desmond are all alive

- The season premiere will be a Jack episode and will center on Jack's suspicions that his wife and his dad had a little something going on the side (side note: I love Jack episodes - his life is so bizarre and ****** up)

- "Henry Gale's" real name will be revealed, as will the identity of his lost love (I literally "WTF"ed when I read that)

- Kate will choose either Jack or Sawyer (and hopefully she won't ruin either of them)

- Sayid's going on the warpath this year

- Not really a Season Three spoiler, as such, but Yunjin Kim said that Lindelof and Cuse tolder her that it will literally be the end of the series when we find out who the father of Sun's child is.

- The sixth episode will end with a cliffhanger that will change the entire course of the series. (I've heard [i]tons[/i] of theories about what this will be, haha.)[/spoiler]

Six episodes to start the season, about three months off, and then seventeen straight to finish off the year. The wait is a bit disappointing, but it should be a lot more satisfying than last season's stop-and-go schedule. I honestly think that Lost's second season was definitely superior to the first; however, the terrible, choppy scheduling didn't allow the season to build the momentum it needed. The more favorable schedule, along with the two arc story structure, should work wonders for Lost this year. :)

Bring on the show!!

I'm SO pissed that I missed last week's recap; apparently [spoiler]it was narrated by Henry![/spoiler] It doesn't seem to be on iTunes, either. :(

Not much else to say, since I'm not going to read your spoilers just yet, but I'm champing at the bit for the season premiere.

~Dagger~

:D

The season premiere was very good, and the first five or so minutes were just wild. [spoiler]The Others really have it nice up there on that plateau, haha. Seeing all of them in regular clothes and leading regular lives was surreal. And the plane crashing... oh my god, that was fantastic. It's more obvious than ever that The Others planned for this to happen, but I'm still wondering how they could have planned for Desmond to crash the plane. Hmm.[/spoiler]

The rest of the episode was cool. [spoiler]Poor Sawyer. The guy gets thrown into a filthy cage outside, and when he tries to escape he gets another dart in the neck. I wonder where The Others took that one kid who tried to escape - The Box, maybe? The scene with Henry (or Ben, now, I guess - it's going to take me so long to get used to calling him that) and Kate was awesome; Ben is so God damn creepy. Somehow he's even more unsettling in clean, normal clothes than he is in tattered rags. He was a total bastard down in the aquarium with Jack and Juliet, but I'm guessing that was just a ruse to get Jack to trust Juliet more.[/spoiler]

Flashback was great too. Jack episodes are such a guilty pleasure for me lol. For some reason I get a big kick out of watching how screwed up Jack's past is. [spoiler]Had to have been pretty embarrassing getting thrown into the clink after interrupting his dad's AA meeting and falsely accusing him of having a little something going on with Sarah. Nutso, obsessed Jack fascinates the hell out of me, haha.[/spoiler]

So, yeah, overall it was a solid episode and it set things up nicely for the rest of this short arc. Next week's episode looks fantastic... a bit more action than we got this week, and hopefully we'll be properly updated on the condition of Locke, Eko, and Desmond.

I almost fainted during the scene in which [spoiler]Henry started giving out orders to Ethan and company.[/spoiler] That was [i]awesome[/i].

Anyway, I just learned about [spoiler]Skinner boxes[/spoiler] in Psychology, so this episode was in some ways very timely. But remembering that and seeing [spoiler]Sawyer and Kate get put in them[/spoiler] added tremendously to the creep factor for me, especially when [spoiler]Sawyer got all excited about figuring out the trick to getting food.[/spoiler]

I like [spoiler]nutso Jack[/spoiler] much better than [spoiler]regular, goody two-shoes Jack.[/spoiler] I also may or may not be getting a wicked crush on [spoiler]Jack's dad.[/spoiler] <3<3<3 [spoiler]I've said this before, but he's gotten more development than most of the living characters![/spoiler]

I actually think it's too early to conclude that [spoiler]the Others wanted the plane crash to happen or knew that it was going to happen, especially since Henry/Ben said that there "may be survivors," which suggests that they didn't know.

I'm also not sure how to read what Juliet said about them having been members or whatever of the Dharma institute, because although the Others do have pretty cushy lives, I keep getting the sense that they're not completely in control of what's happening in the island. Could Dharma perhaps have split into competing sects or lost a large number of its researchers, leaving these rogues or refugees behind?
[/spoiler]
Anyway, I can't wait to see more characters next week.

~Dagger~

I really like Lost too. It sucked me in from the first time I saw it and I started watching it late in the 2nd season so I had to rent the first season to figure out what was going on with everyone. Luckily they showed the episodes I had missed during the beginning of the second season this summer so I'm up to speed now. I can't wait to see what happens next week! The last episode was awesome!

Don't really have the energy to go into anything really detailed right now, but this was another good episode and a nice progression in the story. My favorite scene was [spoiler]where Ben was telling Jack that the Others have contact with the outside world. Jack laughing off Ben when Ben told him that the Red Sox won the World Series was funny, and Ben showing him that it actually happened was a fantastic, surreal moment. The look on Jack's face said it all: "Maybe they really [i]can[/i] get me out of here." Personally I'd be torn about what to do... I'd really like to get the hell off the island, but I'd feel guilty as hell abandoning everyone else, especially if I helped lead them into that mess.

I'm sure that Jack is very interested in what actually keeps The Others on the island though. He'll definitely go along with them for now, but the first chance he gets he's going to bust out Kate and Sawyer.[/spoiler]

Speaking of Sawyer, [spoiler]holy mother of God did he ever rule in this episode. He poured on the sleaze and the sarcasm extra-thick, and I ate it up with a damn spoon lol. Sawyer channeling Paul Newman in Cool Hand Luke = awesome. Poor guy will be averaging like five shocks an episode soon enough though. And Ben watching Kate and Sawyer while Sawyer was formulating his escape plan was pretty damn creepy.[/spoiler]

Don't have much to say about the flashback at the moment besides that I liked it a lot (as per usual with Jin/Sun episodes) and [spoiler]Jin is pretty ****ing scary when he's angry lol. It almost seemed as if he knew what had happened, but I don't know whether he could be that forgiving if that were the case. Pretty interesting that Jin abstains from killing even in the most extreme situation, whereas Sun had no problem killing when she needed to (at least, I'm assuming that Other is dead lol).[/spoiler]

Lastly, is it just me or is [spoiler]Benjamin Linus a perfect villain name[/spoiler]? :p

That was such a kick-*** episode. Just imagine me going all OMGWTF after each of the following points, and you have a pretty good idea of how I reacted while watching it.

[spoiler]- Desmond [I]seeing the future[/I]
- More about Locke's past (this would seem to be leading us closer and closer to the accident or whatever it was, but I guess one can never be sure)
- The return of the polar bear(s)!
- Hurley and Charlie being their nonplussed and witty selves
- Locke's hallucination (easily one of the coolest moments in the show so far, as far as I'm concerned)
- And in conjunction with that, Boone's cameo
- Locke taking charge of the rest of the group and delivering the speech predicted by Desmond
- The preview (finally--end this love triangle nonsense, dammit!)
- "So... the hatch blew off your underwear."[/spoiler]

You know it's a good installment of Lost when it reduces you to dribbling, fangirl/boyish incoherence. :catgirl:

~Dagger~

[quote name='Dagger][spoiler]- Desmond [I]seeing the future[/I'][/spoiler][/quote]

Oh yes. [spoiler]Desmond the prophet?[/spoiler] I'll take that. I am impressed with how he somehow manages to get cooler every time he shows up. What a guy. :love2:

[quote][spoiler]- The return of the polar bear(s)![/spoiler][/quote]

Yeah, that was cool. When I watched the previews, I thought that the [spoiler]smoke monster[/spoiler] would show up again, but [spoiler]the polar bear[/spoiler] was a nice surprise. Fun callback to the second season, too, with the horse (even if it was to the worst episode of last season - ****ing Kate).

[quote][spoiler]- Locke's hallucination (easily one of the coolest moments in the show so far, as far as I'm concerned)[/spoiler][/quote]

Hell yes. I loved how surreal it was; the washed out color was cool as hell. [spoiler]Desmond showing up as the pilot[/spoiler] delighted me, as well. The visual of [spoiler]Locke crawling up the escalator[/spoiler] struck a chord with me, too, for some reason.

[quote][spoiler]- Locke taking charge of the rest of the group and delivering the speech predicted by Desmond[/spoiler][/quote]

[spoiler]It is SO GREAT to see Locke back to his old self lol. I enjoyed seeing Locke struggle with his faith, but man, watching him slink through the forest, fight off that polar bear, and really redeem himself by rescuing Eko... Locke is the man again.[/spoiler]

[quote][spoiler]- "So... the hatch blew off your underwear."[/spoiler][/quote]

Haha, that was hilarious. I also enjoyed, [spoiler]"Hey, bear... is that you?"[/spoiler] :animesmil

Something else I found amusing is how [spoiler]Nikki and Paulo were introduced at the end, seemingly at random. My siblings were basically going, "WTF? Who are they?"[/spoiler] Haha.

EDIT: Oh yeah, Locke as a trucker (of sorts) was very funny to me as well.

Anyway, it was a great episode, definitely the best of the season so far. Huzzah for Locke.

Some bad news though: [spoiler]According to Wikipedia, the 6th episode is going to be a Kate-centric episode. Noooooo!!!! :( :( :([/spoiler]

[quote name='Shinmaru]Some bad news though: [spoiler']According to Wikipedia, the 6th episode is going to be a Kate-centric episode. Noooooo!!!! :( :( :([/spoiler][/quote]

Hey, atleast there are no more [spoiler]Ana-Lucia episodes. I cheered when she died. I just wish it had been painfully in a fire instead of shot.[/spoiler] God I hated her.

I now have a new theory for why Locke couldn't walk before he got to the island:

[spoiler]When the cops raided his druggie compound, the guy he let live ends up shooting him in the back paralyzing him.[/spoiler]

But my theory changes just about every episode. Lost [URL=http://imagesocket.com/view/emot_arghf46.gif][IMG]http://content.imagesocket.com/images/emot_arghf46.gif[/IMG][/URL]

And why is everyone spoilering stuff that's already happened? This is the Lost discussion thread right, so should we be able to discuss stuff that has happened without spoilering it?

[color=navy][size=1]I tagged your posts for you. Like Shin said, spoiler tags are common courtesy. Speaking personally, I started watching Lost on DVD well after the first season had already finished airing. At that time, I know I'd have been most unhappy to run across spoilers because a poster assumed that everyone else was fully caught up with the show.

- Dagger[/size][/color]

[quote name='Mike McColgan']And why is everyone spoilering stuff that's already happened? This is the Lost discussion thread right, so should we be able to discuss stuff that has happened without spoilering it?[/quote]

Eh, it's just common courtesy. You know, just in case someone who might just be starting the series doesn't come in here and accidentally become privy to something big that happens later on. It's not as if it takes a lot of effort to put something in spoiler tags lol.

By the way, I actually sort of liked Ana-Lucia more the second time I watched Season Two. She's not one of my favorite characters, or anything, but I understood better why she did things the way she did them.