OtakuBoards

Sun's Art Thread [Image Heavy]

Sun

[font=Tahoma][color=DarkSlateGray]Maybe it's just that my computer monitor has really sharp colors...but all of those are like[size=4] [u][i][b]BAM: COLOR[/b][/i][/u]!!!!![/size] O__O Blindingly bright when you aren't expecting it. >__>

[b]Running: [/b]It's a nice, simple abstract peice. I like it. I like the remake better than the original though. The only thing I can say that I really really really don't like is the anarchy symbol....but that's from my own personal vendetta against it. ^__^

[b]Dogtown:[/b] I like the background. I don't really like the effect you put on the guy. It looks a little heavy for this peice. The fonts are awesome. They both work off of each other, and their placement is good too.

[b]Fly The Flag:[/b] I like this one a lot. Loose the anarchy sign...and you'd make me one happy girl. ^__~ Actually, this time my only real beef against the anarchy symbol is that it isn't the same shade of red as the rest of the red is. The symbol is almost pink, while the rest of it is bright red. It doesn't match.

[b]Bushido:[/b] *stunned* I love this. I really really love this, and not just because of Mugen. The edge effect is incredible when it is surrounded by that border. It just contrasts so well. And the splash of blue at the top makes me happy. ^__^ All of the look really good together. *dances around* So cool.[/color][/font]

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[QUOTE=Ima][SIZE=1]
Fly The Flag: I agree with Beta it was put exactly how I wanted so I cannot say much. The little box ruins the overall image as ive said on a few of your pieces remove it.... :P

Much Love[/SIZE][/QUOTE]
[COLOR=DarkOrange][SIZE=1]
[FONT=Verdana]What little box?

This is my new piece and i hope everyone likes it. I'm sorry for the repetitive use of the Rising Sun symbol but i can't help myself.

Here it is, [U][B]Commando:[/B][/U]

[IMG]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23847&stc=1[/IMG]
[U][B]
Now here's my new banner.[/B][/U]

[IMG]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23848&stc=1[/IMG]

[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#7C0201][SIZE=1]Alright! Rock on, RS!

I absolutely adore Commando. Love the way the red's positioned on the bandanna and the guy's face. The patterns break the otherwise solid dirty white space on his uniform. Brilliant. Are you using CS? I'm pretty sure there's a feature there that allows you to type text along a path; maybe you could use that for "Rip them down" and "Hold them up". Make the text follow a crooked line, yeah?

BTW, the box in "Fly the Flag" is probably the itsy-bitsy black one to the left of your logo. I suggest you darken/modify/remove that blurry gray part instead of "The way of life" black box (which is very cute!)[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[QUOTE=Revue][COLOR=#7C0201][SIZE=1]Alright! Rock on, RS!

I absolutely adore Commando. Love the way the red's positioned on the bandanna and the guy's face. The patterns break the otherwise solid dirty white space on his uniform. Brilliant. Are you using CS? I'm pretty sure there's a feature there that allows you to type text along a path; maybe you could use that for "Rip them down" and "Hold them up". Make the text follow a crooked line, yeah?

BTW, the box in "Fly the Flag" is probably the itsy-bitsy black one to the left of your logo. I suggest you darken/modify/remove that blurry gray part instead of "The way of life" black box (which is very cute!)[/SIZE][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=Red][SIZE=1][FONT=Verdana]I'm currently using Photoshop 7, and from my knowledge i don't think that there is a tool like that.
Well i'm pretty happy that everyone's been keeping this thread alive.

It's been so busy lately since it is the last week of school and i haven't been able to put anything together in awhile. Since it was a half day today and i got out early i finally got a chance to play around with some stuff in Photoshop. While looking through band flyers i was inspired to make one myself. I just combined a lot of "flyer styles" into my own creation and i think i made it look good.

Note that this was all made from scratch.
[U]
[B]Dead Kennedys flyer[/B][/U]

[IMG]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23867&stc=1[/IMG]
[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[SIZE=1]Well since I've become your biggest fan it only makes sense that I post first....

I did not comment on Commando so

[B]Commando:[/B] Damn man you are amazing and I will just bow down and keep it that way I cannot really express myself on this one. The colors are amazing and the overall image is ******* great man. The colors just FIT and the Filters you used are amazing the coloring is awsome damn man I wish I could do this....

[B]Dead Kennedys flyer:[/B] I love this one man I love all the layers, I love the whole image as one, and I love the colors. What else can I say but this is just amazing?
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=1]Well, Sun just contacted me on AIM and said he had to catch a flight, so I've been trusted with posting this piece of artwork for him.

Personally, I'm saddened that his thread was so far down in the forum T_T but this piece is awesome, so...yeah:

[B]Indestructible:[/B]
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/AzureImi/Indestructiblecopy.jpg[/IMG] [/SIZE]

[COLOR=Red][SIZE=1]Very interesting picture.

I like the words. Everything seems to blend in some sort of way.

Oh yeah and the post before that...[B]Dead Kennedys flyer[/B].

In my honest opinion, I like [B]Dead Kennedys flyer[/B] better. Dead Kennedys flyer that one I like because of the over lapping of the words.

[B]Indestructible: [/B]
I think it's suppose to represent some sort of punk??? I don't quite get the picture but it's good.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkOrange][SIZE=1][FONT=Verdana]Thanks Imi, for doing this for me.

Alright guys, i'm out of town this Summer so you guys won't be seeing new stuff for two months. Oh well, at least i will still be active in the Boards, helping run the GFX Club with Retri. I hope to talk to you guys during the summer and i just want to let you guys know... This thread will be back!

In the mean time please comment on my latest work. This is going to be my last piece and i would like to see everybody's comments.

See you guys around,

[I]Sun[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[color=blue][size=1]Last graphic? Nuuu! Dx I have to wait until summer is over to see more of Sun's workness? Unfair. T3T So [strike]because you bugged me till I did,[/strike] in honor of your going away, I'll rate your latest stuff. =P

The [b]Dead Kennedys Flyer[/b] is awesome. The whole thing is just so creative and fun to look at. The picture in the middle disturbs me a bit, mainly because I have no clue what it's a picture of. (A man? It looks like he's crying and/or nibbling his finger after picking his nose.. >_> Eww! Dx) Another thing that confuses me is behind "Dead" it says, "I am the law" and then "Pull my..". That's the thing. I have NO idea what that word is. Little help? ^_^; All in all, I love it. [b]9/10[/b]

[b]Indestructible[/b] is cool, too. The text pwns (<-- I <3 that word for some reason. Sorry for n00bing up your thread. xD). The picture you used is awesome, too, and I love how you made it black and white then put bright, attention-grabbing colors on him. I love his mohawk. =P [b]8/10[/b]

There.. I replied.. [strike]You can stop IMing me with the link to your thread now.[/strike] You can now enjoy your summer, knowing a caring friend (such as myself) reviewed your final works for the time being. ^_~[/size][/color]

[size=1][color=darkred]OMG OMG OMG OMG!

I'm loving what you're currently doing with pictures. [b]Love, love, love.[/b]
Hehe, seems like you're having fun with the pen tool, am I wrong?
Yay for color! I'm really diggin' into what you're doing.
[b]KEEP IT UP.[/b]

Your Bud
- [b]Hatake[/b][/color][/size]

• 2 weeks later...
[COLOR=RoyalBlue][SIZE=1][FONT=Verdana]Oh my...Look what Sun found on his uncle's computer... Photoshop Elements!

Well i've been on vacation as you all know. And while desperately trying to get photoshop i found Elements on the computer. And i whipped up something for you guys. Here's a new piece.

[U][B]Urban [Made with Elements][/B][/U]

[IMG]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23971&stc=1[/IMG]

I know that the text may not be great but that's all i have to work with as of now.

Enjoy.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[SIZE=1]*jaw drops* Elements? You mean like... 2.0? Wooow. We have that on school computers. Anyway, I won't crit this too hard, 'cause this was done with an obsolete, outdated program.

The [b]background[/b] is very messy -- I can't tell what's going on. On he right side, I like the messy look. The blue rising sun is quite clever to employ here. The lines create a focal point, and there's nothing there. Next time using the rising sun, have it embody a focal point as well. Things just degenerate as you move across the banner.

The [B]stock[/B] I enjoyed alot. But he/she lacks definition, and their color is bleeding all over the place. And finally, the [b]typography[/b] is lacking at best. I think you could've found something better -- even on Elements. You could've accessed Dafont to get more. No leeway there. =p[/SIZE]

• 2 weeks later...
[COLOR=RoyalBlue][SIZE=1][FONT=Verdana]Mwuahahha! Guess who's back with Photoshop CS?

So Sunny-boy has been making some things this month that he's been very lazy to post up. So he shall do them now

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v730/JustinTruong/AngelsFrontcopy.jpg[/IMG]

My uncle just opened a night club, and i did some flyers for him.

[U][B]Angelic[/B][/U]

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v730/JustinTruong/Angeliccopy.jpg[/IMG]

This is a piece i made for Hack Helba and I's Graphic battle. If you guys have the time please go to the thread and vote.

[U][B]Industrial[/B][/U]

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v730/JustinTruong/Industrialcopy.jpg[/IMG]

Here's a little something that came to me while listening to "Feel Good Inc." By the Gorillaz.

[U][B]Gorillaz[/B][/U]

[IMG]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=24031&stc=1[/IMG]

Some more Gorillaz for you guys.

[FONT=Trebuchet MS][COLOR=RoyalBlue][SIZE=2][B]Angels :[/B] Very smooth. The blind effect and the orange suit the picture quite nicely. The orange boarded text alsmost seems like a soft aura forming to the words, when you're not looking closely. Your choice of font seems perfect for the mood of the flyer. I'm not sure how I feel about the "Grand Opening. Friday August 5th". The font is small and I can't imagine very ledigable for someone to be reading it off paper, but then again I don't know.

[B]Angelic :[/B] So mysterious. I love the pictures you chose, not because I find it hawtness but because it really makes it feel like a model shot. Not showing her face really adds a somewhat tease and mysterious appearance. At first looking at it, noticing that it was simply two pictures squared off and put togher, I was a little doubtful but after really looking at it, I fell in love. The color contrast between the two pictures is lovely and I notice you used the same blind effect as in your last piece. Tthe text running along the middle, It seems all like one picture. When you told me you used New Times Roman for text I laughed, but this looks really nice. Maybe it's just me but I get a aura feeling looking at this text aswell. I even looked at it sideways a couple of times just now, lol. Who knows, you may just win that graphics battle =P.

[B]Industrial :[/B] Ah that windmill song. I think I'll play it while commenting on this. When you first sent me this piece it instantly brought Retribution to mind. It seems a lot like something he'd put togher. Very simple, but yet it's very neat. The different blends of colors really caught my attention. I don't know what else to say. I like it.

[B]Gorillaz :[/B] Well I don't exactly know what the two orginal pictures look like, so I don't really know what to comment on. The top left picture fits nice and snug, where it is alongside the bottom right picture. I personally think the boarder which seperates the two pictures could of been made a little smaller, then again I don't like things to large when working with graphics. I see you've used that blind effect again! =P

Well there you have it, I may edit more in later when I come to realize whatever it is I missed. Excuse all typos if I made any.[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]

• 2 weeks later...
[COLOR=RoyalBlue][SIZE=1][FONT=Verdana]As you all know, the [B]Last-Man-Standing Graphic Engagement[/B] is going on for all the Graphic Club members, and i made the headers for each round.

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v730/JustinTruong/Round1sakuracopy.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v730/JustinTruong/RoundTwo.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v730/JustinTruong/Round3copy.jpg[/IMG]

Here is another one i cranked out today.

[U][B]Kids With Guns:[/B][/U]

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v730/JustinTruong/KidsWithGunscopy.jpg[/IMG]

And this is the last one, and it sure was the hardest one to make. Someone pointed out to me that the first version was a bit cluttered so i fixed it and came up with this end result.
[U][B]
Watch The Way I Navigate:[/B][/U]

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v730/JustinTruong/watchthewayinavigate2.jpg[/IMG][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[size=1][b]LMS 1[/b],[b] 2[/b], and [b]3[/b]: I do really like the simplistic look of these pieces. There isn't too much happening, nor an actual picture for which detail is derived. All of the colors do blend nicely, and it'ce nice houw each is layed out exactly the same. ^_^ I mean, for competitions sake.

[b]Kids with Guns:[/b] Just looking at it, I really like this picture. Even though the title, and the two beings in the picture represent something terrible, I do love the whole image. I dig the textured wall esk image the beings are drawn on... it gives it a more realistic effect. Also, since the two forms seem to have many differences, *besides the raised arm* I also think it's great you had created two totally different characters. Big thumbs up.

[b]The Way I Navigate:[/b] Another awesome Gorrilaz refference. I like how there's motion blur from the cars, yet only one lights on. Adds to a strange... high speed vibe. I realize the text is also giving just a standard transportation message. As in Watch the Way I Navigate isn't just the title... but an overal theme. Very nice.

Also, I really love the Gorillaz picture in your last post. It is now one of my favorite fan images of them. ^_^ It's so awesome.
[/size]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=Purple][B]Industrial[/B] - This is just absolutely lovely. So simple and clean, and the colors are beautiful. [B]LMS[/B] is just as Doc said: simple, good color combinations, and utterly charming.

[B]Kids with Guns[/B] - There's something...oddly frightening about this. It's an absolutely lovely work of art - it's just kind of scary how something so sweet and beautiful is about something so brutal. The subject of the piece is complimented by the antithesis of the gentle colors and style of the piece. It's interesting how the two opposites pull together and meld into one complete work. I think the only problem I have with it is that in the upper right-hand corner, it seems...well, it doesn't really seem to match the other side. It's..chunkier? I really have no idea. Still, it's absolutely lovely.

[B]Watch the Way I Navigate[/B] - This is such a smooth/suave image in my mind. Very nice, although I think that the words in the upper left-hand corner look squished vertically. I think a little more spacing would be nice, like maybe 'Walking' and the little man could be positioned a tiny bit lower, but not much. Also, I almost skipped over the words on the right-hand side. They're well-placed and good colors, but...I'm not really sure, I just think it might help if they were a little bolder in the picture. After all, it's somewhat a title. Still, very cool and very talented.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[COLOR=RoyalBlue][SIZE=1][FONT=Verdana]Thanks Cyriel and Doc,

Well i have been so busy lately to post these pieces that i finished last week. Some of you might have seen some already but i'm going to post it for everyone else.

[U][B]Twisted Vision:[/B][/U]

[IMG]http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/3418/twistedvision4kl.jpg[/IMG]

[U][B]Make Me:[/B][/U]

[IMG]http://img288.imageshack.us/img288/817/makemecopy4ao.jpg[/IMG]

[U][B]Hack Helba (Jester Hat of Moderating Goodness):[/B][/U]

[IMG]http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/5502/hackhelbacopy0ir.jpg[/IMG]

And i'll be working more with Hack Helba's pictures throughout the week. I hope everyone has fun with this one.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR=RoyalBlue][FONT=Trebuchet MS][B]Twisted Vision :[/B] Well, at first I didn't see much of it. It looked pretty neat; The end, but then after I sat here and gazed into it, I felt as if I falling down a slide, and I became quite dizy placing myself into the picture. The smooth, shiny red strip really gives it the appearance of a slide. The area in yellow is just an infinite drop off, and that's where I become dizy. I notice a strip of pink down at the top (but it sure as hell looks like at the bottom to me right now) It just seems kinda there, and it's one of those lone colors. This piece truely is a twisted vision.

[B]Make Me :[/B] When you first showed me this piece I thought I was looking for a picture, and I would of continued to look for one if you hadn't told me there wasn't one. It reminds me a lot of your entry for the battle we had awhile back. The same colors, blind effect and the New Times Roman font, if I'm not mistaken. It's quite orginal. I certainitly haven't seen you make something like it before, but it looks nice.

[B]Hack Helba (Jester Hat of Moderating Goodness) :[/B] Aww... so cute. First off I love the colors, They really bring out essence of this picture. The grid effect with the light brush stroke (I don't know what you Photoshop users call it) looks grand, and not overdone. The "Thread Closed" isn't completely visible and I could only make it out once you told me what it was, but I still love it. Who wouldn't? =P I can't wait to see what other creative things you'll manipulate my photos into.

w00t![/FONT][/COLOR]

[SIZE=1]Hm. More art. I think I gave you my opinions on AIM, but I'll repost them here.

[b]Twisted Vision[/b] I enjoy the futuristic feel to this, especially the lines and the way you made them simulate motion and general sleekness. However, I spot one blemish, which is a bumpy texture to the lines. It really detracts from the smoothness of them, and a small gaussian blur would erase the problem almost completely.

[b]Make Me[/b] Very interesting... but it feels heavily off balance as far as the light-dark thing goes. I'm willing to bet it's the shapes doing that, and their sporadic placement of them. Interesting idea, but I'd recommend less of a drastic change from light to darkness.

[b]Hack Helba[/b] I couldn't help but smile at this one. Good stuff - especially the typography. But "thread closed" I couldn't really see, except for the "sed" at the end. Make it more noticable, and you've got yourself a winner.[/SIZE]

[size=1][b]Twisted Vision:[/b] I had already expressed many of my views/criticisms about this piece over AIM... but I'll touch over it. At first, I had no idea what it was, but after realizing that it was an escolater *sp?*, I came to appretiate the effects used. In the bottom right, the lighting effects... give it a scanned book look. Like, I mean... the glow from a crease. It is still very nice, and the title is alot better than I came up with.

[b]Make Me:[/b] Helba pretty much summed it up. I at first was looking for a picture, a stock of some kind... but it's a nice... semi Abstract look. Reminds me of the Picaso abstracts and such... The colors are nice, and at once... I thought the shapes made a picture... lol. I guess it's only in my mind.

[b]Hack Helba:[/b] *Bows* Awesome tribute. It's a great stock, and the effects you have used fit greatly. The "Hack Helba" text fit greatly, and all the colors, and grid effect are all greatly used/put together. My only gripe is the "Thread Closed" It's just too faint to make out.
[/size]

[COLOR=#F84E20][SIZE=1]Like Retri, I told you what I thought of a couple of these pieces on AIM, but I'll give a better comment here.

[B]Twisted Vision:[/B] I think this is absolutely amazing. The clean and yet 'misty' effects you?ve managed to use on this are incredible. I love the white mist (sorry, it's the only way I can think to describe it) on the right hand side. I think it makes the image look brighter and shinier. The text suits perfectly and blends in without being lost in the whole image. You picked the colours perfectly and they look wonderful together.

[B]Make Me:[/B] What amazes me about this image is how the seemingly senseless shapes have come together to make a really interesting and artistic piece. The colours are gorgeous and warm and once again the text suits well. The only thing I don't like it what the text says. "Make me" makes no sense to me when I look at the context of the image. If you would have had another quote or word there that suited the image it would have been batter...though I can't think of what exactly would suit that image.

[B]Hack Helba:[/B] Cute, just...cute! [STRIKE]*squeezes Helba*[/STRIKE] He looks so cute in this picture and the colours you used reflect that well. I love the text you used, too, and the grid effect looks lovely here.

[B]Edit:[/B] I sorry, Kitty! *goes to her ULX* I didn't mean it that way u_u[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[quote name='Imi][COLOR=#F84E20][SIZE=1][B]Hack Helba:[/B] Cute, just...cute! *squeezes Helba*[/SIZE'][/COLOR][/quote] [COLOR=Blue][SIZE=1]Nyaaa! *tackles and grabs Stuie* Mine... *hiss* >_>

Been a while since I posted here, so I thought I'd drop by.. *glares at Imi*

[b]Twisted Vision[/b] is a cool piece, though to me it looks like you're just looking down two escalators at an odd angle. Hopefully, that's just me. ^_^;; The colors and lines and such, however, are nice touches and make it feel, like a few others said, 'futuristic'. And your text suits the image surprisingly well. *applauds for great texting abilities* x3

[b]Make Me[/b] is very different from the others. In fact.. I have no clue what it is. o_O It's just a bunch of shapes. I do like the way the text kinda fades into the background. :3 Not my favorite, though. Sowwy. >_<

[b]Hack Helba[/b] is the BESTEST everness! <33 But that's just my obses- er, stomach talking.. Yes.. *shifty* But really, I do love the effects you used on this one. And I just LOVE that picchu of Stuie. *drool* But really, I think I'm the only one that could see the "thread closed" without having to ask anyone or read anyone's posts. I could just see it.. Though it did take a bit of squinting. xD

All in all, very nice. ^_^ *keeps Stuie all to herself* Hehe.. *foams at the mouth* <_<;

-PS. I apologize for the insanity and Hack Helba-Obsessedness of this post.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=SeaGreen]Angels:[/COLOR] I like this. The image and color looks great. I love your font choice aswell. I don't think that would look right on a flyer, but as a signature or something it would be nice.

[COLOR=SeaGreen]Angelic:[/COLOR] I don't like this one too much. Though the text really fits the title, I don't like how the images are positioned, and the border is too dark and bold.

[COLOR=SeaGreen]Industrial:[/COLOR] I absolutely love this. The whole image fits together so well, and the colors are awesome. Simple and sweet.

[COLOR=SeaGreen]Kids with guns:[/COLOR] Well I like how you set up the whole image, but the colors under the text kind of give the image a feel of cheeryness, when it should more of horror. The kid has a gun, light blues and oranges don't work well with that.

[COLOR=SeaGreen]Watch The Way I Navigate:[/COLOR] Hehe, I love this one. And that little guy is so cool. *imagines him strutting down the little pixel street* This photo is great quality, and the colors are very appealing. I don't have any disagreements with this. ^_^

[COLOR=SeaGreen]Hack Helba (Jester Hat of Moderating Goodness):[/COLOR] Well..interesting. Well the image and effects look alright, but the color of Helba kind of erks me. I think it would look better if it were maybe a light purple, to match the brushes.

[COLOR=SeaGreen]Make Me:[/COLOR] I'm not sure what you were going for in this one, therefore I don't understand the title. I do like the abstract look and colors though, and the font positioning, but what exactly does it mean?

[COLOR=SeaGreen]Twisted Vision:[/COLOR] This is excellent. Wonderful photograph, and its very bright and exciting. It looks like fun. ^_^ Font positioning and colors really work well for the image.[/SIZE]