OtakuBoards

Did anyone go see the Harry Potter movie?

Queen Asuka

I just got back from seeing it. It was pretty good. They left out some very important stuffs :cross: but other than that it was pretty good. Gawl those books friggin rule. To all you people who are just too stubborn, heh, your loss! Oh yeah, and the Quidditch match IS the best part of the movie. And the chess game was *better* than what I had imagined. So anyways, it was good.... I'd give it... 3 stars outta 5.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Son Goten [/i]
[B]

i disagree. i say any part with Mrs. Norris in it was the best. CAT POWER!! lol, no. the quidditch scene was undoubtly the best in the movie, and second was the chess game. [/B][/QUOTE]

The Chess game was my second favorite part, too. The look on Ron's face as he sacrificed himself was classic. He was totally adorable. And Hermione was really cute, too. But I just didn't like Harry Potter. And since I re-read the first book today, I noticed that the movie has more humorous undertones in it than the book does. The book is more SERIOUS than the movie. And the movie is also aimed to a more childish level, while the book actually makes the more mature reader think. I love the way you totally suspect Snape for everything, but then he ends up trying to help Potter out.

And Anna, I totally agree...they left alot of important stuff out. They didnt' even name Hedwig for crying out loud...

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Queen Asuka [/i]
[B]

The Chess game was my second favorite part, too. The look on Ron's face as he sacrificed himself was classic. He was totally adorable. And Hermione was really cute, too. But I just didn't like Harry Potter. And since I re-read the first book today, I noticed that the movie has more humorous undertones in it than the book does. The book is more SERIOUS than the movie. And the movie is also aimed to a more childish level, while the book actually makes the more mature reader think. I love the way you totally suspect Snape for everything, but then he ends up trying to help Potter out.

And Anna, I totally agree...they left alot of important stuff out. They didnt' even name Hedwig for crying out loud... [/B][/QUOTE]

Ack, you're right! good grief....... You know what? Snape is like, one of my favorite characters. That is so weird. I mean, I hated him the first and second book, but I started liking him more in like, the forth book, and for somereason, the movie topped it off for me. I think what did it, was when in the Quidditch match Ron & Hermione see Snape muddering the counter-curse. I think actually seeing Snape's true concern for Harry materialized in human-form kinda switched me over. And his character is so..... complicated. I mean there is SO MUCh that we (the readers) don't know about him yet. Okay, well I guess I'll get off my Snape trip for now.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Anna [/i]
[B]

Ack, you're right! good grief....... You know what? Snape is like, one of my favorite characters. That is so weird. I mean, I hated him the first and second book, but I started liking him more in like, the forth book, and for somereason, the movie topped it off for me. I think what did it, was when in the Quidditch match Ron & Hermione see Snape muddering the counter-curse. I think actually seeing Snape's true concern for Harry materialized in human-form kinda switched me over. And his character is so..... complicated. I mean there is SO MUCh that we (the readers) don't know about him yet. Okay, well I guess I'll get off my Snape trip for now. [/B][/QUOTE]

That's exactly what made me start liking Snape. I ALWAYS disliked him until I saw that part in the movie because in the book they never really elaborate on it. But in the book Hermione accidently knocks Quirell over, which made him lose eye contact, which helped Harry out. And it also helps that he looks like Trent Reznor and you just expect him to start spouting out lyrics from NIN anytime...

[B]

That's exactly what made me start liking Snape. I ALWAYS disliked him until I saw that part in the movie because in the book they never really elaborate on it.[/B][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]I think that Snape was extremely well-portrayed in the movie! His character was so...snooty...I loved it! Wonderful acting yes :babble:[/color]

[B]

That's exactly what made me start liking Snape. I ALWAYS disliked him until I saw that part in the movie because in the book they never really elaborate on it. But in the book Hermione accidently knocks Quirell over, which made him lose eye contact, which helped Harry out. And it also helps that he looks like Trent Reznor and you just expect him to start spouting out lyrics from NIN anytime... [/B][/QUOTE]

Heck yeah!! I said it [i]before[/i] the movie was ever released; they ought to get Trent Reznor to play Snape. Wouldn't he be like, perfect??! I do like the way Snape's voice sounded, though. Even if he didn't look enuff like Trent (I think there was room for improvement) he definately sounded the part. And you know, Quirrell was pretty good, too. Except he was too cute, I imagined Professor Quirrell to be more like a squirrel. lol. lessee........ oh yeah, and they aged prof. McGonagall(sp?) waaaaay too much. Dumbledore's beard is too frizzy- if they would just FIX THAT he'd be close to perfect. Dudley wasn't fat enough! And Malfoy needs to be paler and meaner, not just a brat. *whew* okay.... nuff fer now

- heh, you know that'd be pretty funny. Snape's teaching Potions, then all of the sudden 'You are the perfect drug!' heh, that'd be hilarious if they were to ever do that. lol......................... shutting up

ANNA! YOU ARE SO FUNNY! I laughed the whole time I was reading your response. The whole potions thing was funny, except that song is about SEX I believe. And Oliver Wood WAS HOT!!!!!!!!!!! He was the best looking character in the whole movie. I saw him and I was like...yeah...now this is a likable character...so now when I read the book and I get to Wood, I'm like "Yeah, he's fine..." So what in the world is UP with Professor Flitwick? He's so short and UGLY! I mean, I know he's short and all, but he looks so FAKE. And McGonagal is supposed to wear square glasses...which she DIDN'T...and I imagined Dumbledore to look just like MERLIN from the Sword and the Stone, with the surfboard and swimming trunks, lol. And I LIKED Malfoy...he was so cute! :D

Well....I havn't gone to see the movie yet but at my school the FORCE us to read the book by reading it aloud to us.....they cut our periods and inbetween and lunch short so they would have an extra period to do that and for study hall....so the whole school is going to go see the movie in a couple of days....I wasn't to wigged out on about Harry potter because i grew up on Tolken and others....The book did have some funny parts so I am curios to how the movie will compare to the book....Though personally i am more excited about the Lord of the Rings movie comming out :D ((the battle everywhere Potter versus Lord of the Rings))....Potter is more for people of a younger age and teens....at least in my opionen...it is semi serious but yet fun enough that little kids won't lose interest....while Lord of the Rings is most certanly directed towards an older crowd....Esspeccilly the last book...Return of the King....

[B]well everyone has their own opinion about everything. Alot of people don't like Harry Potter. But everyone is the world does not have the same interests, that would be pretty insane. But the book really is better to me. So, this is a question I've been arguing about....now come on, who REALLY thinks Harry Potter is witchcraft? I think some people are just so close-minded. All these parents banning their kids from seeing Harry Potter or reading the books because they think it is the work of the devil.. Well, they use magic in the final fantasy games, so it's ALL witchcraft...wouldn't that be saying the same thing??? Just curious... [/B][/QUOTE]

LoL I find this slightly amusing because i have had a run in with this.....One of my teachers who was reading to us one day went off about how he had seen "witchcraft" and how it was all real so he didn't like having to read that book....*sighs* I believe that "magic" in some form or other exsitxe ((I know this isn't a thing about my beliefs to answer this question i have to touch on my beliefs a little bit)) A Lot of Open-Mind "Christans"((no offense to anyone intended I have many friends who are church going christans and so I am not trying to piss anyone off or anything...this is merely from my view and i am not saying all are like this....)) would say that it is just a book and that witchcraft has nothing to do with it...while the "closed minded" ones will tell you that it is completely "witchcraft" and that anything resembling magic is the work of the devil....I mean I have a friend who has to go out in his van and hook up his tv and playstation in their without his parents knowing it to play FF7....I know this is an extreme but i am touching on everything....most the christans i know((teens mostly)) don't term books or games as "the devils work" and see them for what they are...books and games...while i do know quite a few adults who see these things as the work of the devil....