OtakuBoards

Did anyone go see the Harry Potter movie?

Queen Asuka

I don't know if this thread has already been touched on, but whatever. So, I am a Harry Potter fan. I didn't think I'd get to go see it in it's debut day, but luckily for me, Thursday my teacher had some extra tickets and offered me one. So I went! And I liked it, but I just didn't know what to think. The book, as usual in this case, is always better than the movie. And that goes for this movie too. For one thing, my favorite characters, Fred and George Weasley, did not get hardly ANY air time. And that was not cool. But Ron was a very awesome character indeed. And so was Malfoy. My favorite parts was the Quidditch match and the Chess Game. They were awesome. Quidditch was just like I imagined it would be, and so was the Great Hall. I recommend to all Harry Potter fans to see the movie, but watch it with an open mind because the book will always be better.

I went and saw it, cause me and my pals missed The One, and we flipped a coin between pot and hal, and pot won. Anyways, I just sat there laughin my head off at how they went off story on alot of stuff, and i just laughed my head off cause well, it's sooo stupid to make a movie out of a book, because they never follow the book.

[COLOR=limegreen]I haven't seen it, but my best friend took her brothers. She said it sucked a big one, and the fact that it was approximately four hours long, didn't help. The biggest problem with the movie, according to her, was that it didn't have enough settings.....just that "Hog Fart School," or whatever it's called..:drunk:[/COLOR]

The movie isn't out yet where i live. But when it does come out i think i will see it, although i'm afraid it might ruin the mental pictures when i read the rest off the books, so i'm tossing it up. But then again it will be pretty hard to avoid so in the end i think i will see it.

I was scared to see it for the same reason, but the mental picture you get isn't really bad. I like the interpretations of the characters. Like Oliver Wood, the Quidditch team captain, he's perfect. And so is Ron and Malfoy. And Professor Snape looks just like Trent Reznor from NIN. It's funny. But I think you should see it anyway. Just so you can see how they did things.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sephiroth [/i]
[B]I would rather swim in a pool of sulphuric acid than watch the harry potter film, I've been flaming the damn film for the last 3 months.... [/B][/QUOTE]
I TOTALLY agree. I see no point in going to see that movie. I made an attempt to read the first book. It was a BIG failure. I don't know what your reasons are Seppy but, I agree with your conclusion about it...

-Justin

[SIZE=1]I have seen it. It is a BIT like the book, the quidditch match was excellent, Harry was crap, Ron was the best, Hagrid rocked, Mr.Filch was funny...
The book is always better, the film is boring in some parts. I seen it twice already :rolleyes: and second time, I could of gone to sleep...

6/10:sleep: [/SIZE]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sephiroth [/i]
[B]I would rather swim in a pool of sulphuric acid than watch the harry potter film, I've been flaming the damn film for the last 3 months.... [/B][/QUOTE]
Kick Sephiroth. You make me feel like an idiot. I have to get to the cinema one hour early to get good seat.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Akito [/i]
[B]Does wanting to hunt down and kill all the ppl who had anything to do with the movie make u feel better Safer? [/B][/QUOTE]

[SIZE=1]*Kicks akito and safer then runs into a wall* Silly boy! That would be murder you frog! It was good... everyone else says it's good... but you can have your own opinion... if you want to get kicked again that is.[/SIZE]

well everyone has their own opinion about everything. Alot of people don't like Harry Potter. But everyone is the world does not have the same interests, that would be pretty insane. But the book really is better to me. So, this is a question I've been arguing about....now come on, who REALLY thinks Harry Potter is witchcraft? I think some people are just so close-minded. All these parents banning their kids from seeing Harry Potter or reading the books because they think it is the work of the devil.. Well, they use magic in the final fantasy games, so it's ALL witchcraft...wouldn't that be saying the same thing??? Just curious...

well, i saw the movie and loved it! the book was 200% better though. it may seem childish for a 15 y/o to like harry potter, but i do. so screw all of you who think otherwise! :mad:

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Queen Asuka [/i]
[B]I am 16 and I like it, and the majority of the people who were at the theatre when I went and saw it were well over their 30's... [/B][/QUOTE]

well, i went to the 10:45 at night showing. the last one. i went to the first of the day and sat in the front, and the last, and sat in the back. lol. i'm crazy that way. and both times the theater was jammed full. there were a lot of kids at the 10:45 showing surprisinly. but there were also alot of adults.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Queen Asuka [/i]
[B]THE QUIDDITCH MATCH WAS THE ABSOLUTE BESTEST!!!!!!!!!! [/B][/QUOTE]

i disagree. i say any part with Mrs. Norris in it was the best. CAT POWER!! lol, no. the quidditch scene was undoubtly the best in the movie, and second was the chess game.