OtakuBoards

Nights of War (M-V,L,S)

PWNED

The young man sprinted down the series of avenues in an attempt to find the rendezvous point, he was lost and didn't know where anything was but if he was late then he would have dishonored the resistance by not briefing them on the situation. He ducked around the corner into the closest alleyway where the factory region started. As he ducked around the corner he slammed into an opening door. Lynx?s head collided with it and he knew no more. 15 minutes later he woke up to see his second in command staring down at him. He smiled awkwardly and drew himself to his feet and greeted his good friend. After a little while of friendly banter they set off for the temporary headquarters at the other end of the district. After thirty minutes they arrived and waited for all members of the resistance to file in. Lynx hated this bit, because there were so few members he couldn't spare a single member to track down the slow people. "The only way he got here on time was because his mate went out to find him" He thought bitterly to himself and so caught up in his thoughts that he didn't hear the sentries calling down to him about some resistance fighters coming their way.

Latharix calmly walked down the deserted alley. She looked up at the sky and smiled sadly. It was dark and cloudy, perfect weather for rain. To her, rain represented the end of evil. When the drops began to fall upon her face she took it as a sign. The end...the end will soon come. We will defeat the emperor!
And...my temple...my people will be safe...right? When I left, did I leave them to the destructive hands of the emperor?? "Oh! I shouldn't have left them!" she cried out and began to turn around, but stopped herself. If I don't do this, they [I]all[/I] will be lost.
Latharix walked into the near empty headquarters and prepared herself for what would soon come.

Trudging along quietly down the deserted alleys Aieldail finally managed to get to the temporary headquarters. [I]At least now we might get something done.[/I] She said to herself.

Opening the door as silently as possible she entered the room. "What is your name?" A man said sternly. "Uh, Aieldail." She replied defiantly, oblivious to his rank or who he was. "Are you here for the resistence?" He asked calmly. "What do you think?" She answered.

OCC: I don't really know what you wanted so...

Shenlong qietly made his way throught the forrest until he came to a clearing. Another person was standing there.,"Hey pup. What are you doing in my part of the forrest?" "You know as well as I do that the Emporer has already destroyed my part. I had nowhere else to go. An there is n way that I'm going inot the human cities. It stinks too much." Shenlong sighed as he turned back around,"Just to let you know. I'm on my way to a meeting for the resistance. You should join. You may actually get your forrest back." He glanced back and say the other person stand up and walk with him.

Lynx didn't like the current amount of resistance fighters that were here at the moment but there wasn't enough time to be picky about the attendance. They were running out of time and would have to abandon the temporary HQ like the previous ones and anyway, The ones that wern't here could be told by others.
"My fellow warriors, We are all fighting to get the same goal yet not all of us may like each other" Lynx started " We all have to buckle down on the Algathan forces and take them out"
His second In command took over the speech and they got a fair way through the formalities.
"We have created a battle plan that will help us, But we must follow it" Lynx yelled. " We shall defeat them at ......." But before He could finish a sentry yelled out "Algathan forces Sir,We are under attack!
Lynx yelled "Why the hell would the bastards know that we are here?" But Lynx got nothing in response so he once more yelled out " We have to retreat, We have to rendevous back at Ciperres Town! Tell the others"

Harlan followed Shenlong through the forest and out into an alley. "Told you it stinks like hell in the city"

Shenlong wrinkles his nose. "Lets just hurry up and get this done and over with so we can go back to the forest"

Harlan looks around as they stop at a door. "Is it ok if I stay with you until we kill the bad dude?"

Shenlong opens the door and walks in as resistance fighters are running about. "Sure. What's going on here?"

A soldier runs up to them. "We are retreating to another base"

Harlan looks at Shenlong. "Think we can take the enemy?"

Shenlong smirks as the soldier runs away,"Sure hy not. I think it may even be a little fun,wouldnt you say?" He looked over at Harlan.

"You took the words right out of my mouth pussycat." He smirked as another person walked up to them,"Dont call me pussycat. Making me mad could bring you seven years of bad luck." Shenlong looked at the other person when he was done,"Who the hell are you?"

"My name is Lynx. Ilead this part of the resistance. My guess is that you two are new. Well unfortunatly we must retreat. The Emporers army is right at our heels and if we stay then we will get killed. Are you two comming with us?" Shenlong looked at Harlan as he stared at Shenlong. A second later Shenlong turns back to Lynx,"Well Lynx, isnt it? We are staying. you, as another cat, like me, should know that. Us cats must stick together, stay in one place." Shenlong put his arm around Lynx,"Umm...Im not a cat. Im a human." Shenlong looked blankly as Harlan started to laugh,"Oh. My bad. In anycase we arent leaving. And neither should you." He turned around and sat down on the nearest chair.

Harlan picked up a chair and tossed it up and down with one hand. "I'm bored. When are they gonna get here?"

Shenlong looks at Lynx who is making his way to the back door along with everyone else. "Yeah when are they going to get here?"

Lynx turns to them. "You are insame. Their is no way you can take them on"

Harlan laughs again as he breaks the chair in half with a swing of his fist. "He doesn't know our type of poeple real well now does he?"

Shenlong smiles. "No he doesn't. In any case we have our own backup on the way"

Harlan looks up at the ceiling, his ears picking up soft movement. "Their here now"

Latharix was confused. Should she leave or should she go? These two newcomers seemed so confident that they could win.
She shyly approaches them and quietly asks, "How are you so sure? Do you have a plan? What makes you so positive that you can beat them?"
"Just stick around and watch, kittycat." was their only response.
As the first wave of Algathan forces made their way toward the deserted headquarters she found herself asking silently, "How can you be sure? How can you be so sure?"
Latharix fingered the blade on her scythe and waited for this backup that these two believed would come to their aid.

Shenlong saw how nervous the girl was and put a hand on her shoulder as a bear made its way to the entrence of the hideout,"See, I told you that we had backup. He isnt the only one we have, there area a few wolves, another bear, eagles and alot of smaller animals." He gave her another smile as he walked out the door into the streets to confron the enamy,"Wait! How did you-how did you two control the animals?" Shenlong turned to Harlan who only smiled at him and nodded,"Guess its about time for them to see whotheyare really dealing with itsn't it tiger?" Shenlong nods as he begins to breath heavily. He begins to double in height and size as fur begins to grow. He lets out a roar of a tiger and opens his new eyes, cat eyes. When his breathing goes back to normal, all is left is a giant tiger, that stands on two legs and wears the cloaths that Shenlong had just been wearing.

"I told you,ya'll had nothing to worry about." Harlan said as he too began to change. A minute later, a wolf stood where Harlan once did. "Harlan, these humans really dont know what they have been missing in the woods have they?" Harlan smiles, showing his wolf fangs. Shenlong walks back up the the girl,"Now, tell us agian that we should go. We have cxome too far to just pack up and leave this battle here. we want our forrests back." Shenlong agian turned twards the comming forces.

"Harlan, you want the first move? Or should i take it?" He looked over at the wolf and tried to smile.

Harlan dives into the line of soldiers making a gap in the ranks. "Thanks" He spins around slittling open bodys and washing the streets with blood. He grabs two by the neck and throws them over his shoulders after he crushes their throat. One of the bodies fell into Shenlong causing him to stumble. "He did it" Harlan points to another soldier as Shenlong tears him to pieces.

"You did it didn't you" Shenlong grabs another and smashes his head into the pavement.

"Did not" Harlan bites one the shoulder before tearing it off and slicing his throat.

"Did too" Shenlong takes out five more.

"Did not" Harlan cuts anothr in the stomach and laughes as his innards fall out

Latharix stood dumbly in awe of Harlan and Shenlong's ferocity, but only for a moment. She cleany sliced of the head of a nearby soldier and then moved to the next one.
After chopping up several men, she whispered a few words and blinding white lunar energy flew from her hands which flattened all those surrounding her.
A few more equally powerful blasts and then she was back to chopping of heads with her scythe. She didn't like to kill, but the her feline instincts urged her on and the bloodlust that was burried so deep down in her came welling up and she found herself almost enjoying the experience.
"There are not many left!" she shouted to the others.

Shenlong stopped right before a soldier that looked like he was about to have a heart attack,"You arent even worth it." Shenlong turned around and headded to another enamy as the bear that was trailing him, for anyone that hax lived through his attacks, tore into the scared soldiers chest, revealing his soft guts.

"Hey, kitten, whats your name?" Shenlong turned to the girl as she sliced through another soldier."Its Latharix. How amny more are there?" Shenlong shrugged as he grabbed a nearby soldier and lifted him off the ground be his chest plate,"Naw, I prefer kitty. What do you think?" He moved in closer to the soldiers face as he nodded,"Good. Now that thats settled." He threw the soldier on the ground and started to rip into him with his claws, finding the pavement a few seconds later.

"Hey, Shenlong, what are we going to do after this?" Harlan was crushing a soldier's neck as he turned to Shenlong."Eh, who knows. I'm sure we can find something to do after this.Got any ideas, kitty?"

"Kitty sounds good to me" Harlan broke another's sword before snapping his back in half. "It sounds sexy just like her" He turned around to a group of soldiers. "Tu madre es muy bueno"

One of the soldiers stepped out. "I knew what you said"

"Okay" Harlan thrusts his hand through his chest. "That's nice" He drops him the spin kicks the others tearing their faces apart with his claws. "I'm getting bored"

Shenlong backhands another sendng him into a wall. "I am too"

Harlan sees one sneaking up on Kitty. "Hands off" He cuts him down the middle as a steel arrow hits him in the shoulder. "Oww" He sees the archer prepareing another and throws his arrow back hitting him in the head. "Booyah"

"Thank you!" Latharix shouted at Harlan, "But next time let [I]me[/I] handle it, 'kay?"
She yelled some words in the Kalik tongue and white flame burst around her in a semicircle and then sped outwards towards a line of soldiers. She didn't want to admit it, but she was running out of magic. To summon anymore she would have to pray and that could take an hour.
So instead she took up her scythe and began to twirl it around, severing several heads at once. The number of them was dwindling and soon only a small group was left.
A sword nicked her in the shoulder. She turned around to face her attacker, smiled a feline-like grin, then scratched his eyes out. She let him stagger around a bit before killing him.
"Let's go find the others when we're finished here, okay?"

OCC: Sorry, sorry. I haven't been on much lately.

Aieldail stood off to one side, the forest at her back, five soldiers in front of her. "You don't seem to be much of a threat. Your human." One of them said, smiling sickingly. "Not human, elven." She replied calmly. Raising her hair with one hand she reveiled a pointed ear. "No matter." He answered. Taking a step towards her.

In one swift move she raised her leg and kicked him with such force his head snapped back, breaking his neck. "Whos next?" She asked cruelly. They all jumped her, trying to suprise her. "Jierd!" She yelled, sending them flying with magic.

She ran in the middle where the others stood, fighting an unneeded battle. "How's it going?" She questioned the wolf.

Lynx sprung over the low wall with half a dozen soldiers on his tail, He hadn't a prayer in fighting of all of them at the same time but he could take them down one on one. He sprinted ahead of them with one last burst of adrenaline and rounded a corner and hid. He heard the soldiers crash to a halt and their angry assorted usage of the words 'Resistance Bastard', 'Little Cunt' and 'Resistance Fucker'. Lynx smiled at their small vocabulary then when they walked off climbed out of the small hole which he had taken a very uncomftorable refugee then took off in the opposite direction.

He practicully scrambled up the vertical wall in front of him and climbded onto the roof ,then a higher roof, and took in his surroundings. Then all of a sudden Lynxs eyes widened, The city was burning. "Lynx?"A familiar voice said behind him, Lynx spun around and nearly lost his balance although he regained it. "Why are you here?" Valen(Thats the name of the second in command) asked him and before Lynx could awnser he asked "Are you hurt?"
"I'm fine" Lynx muttered that he asked "Whay are you here?". Valen smiled then drew his sword slowly and awnsered "So I can kill you of course!" Lynx hopped back in alarm and drew his sword also.

The two tensed for a moment then leapt at each other, swords ringing constantly. Lynx ducked under a wild slash and kicked Valen in the gut but the manouver did nothing more than aggravate him. Valen responded in kind but batting hiim to the side so that Lynx hung over the edge dangerously. Valen, Sensing an easy victory attempted to jump right on top of his foe but Lynx planted his foot right in Valens stomach and used his momentum to launch him over the edge. Lynx climbed to his feet but before he could secure his footing a clawed hand grabbed him on his foot. Lynx lased out at the misshapen face that he saw just after he was grabbed. The face was like a cruel parody of Human/Demon halfbreed, Red and scaly like a demons but with Valens major features. He pulled himself into a sitting position, grabbed a knife from his belt and slashed at the hand. It was severed at the wrist which left the beast dangling in midair before it plunged two and a half stories to the ground. Lynx stared over the edge just to make sure it was dead then collapsed back onto the roof.

Harlan looks over as an elf fights her way to his side. "Getting boring" He spin kicks three, the claws on his feet tearing them open. "And you are?"

The elf breaks another's neck. "Aieldail. You?"

"Harlan. That right there is Shenlong" He motions to the tiger who is tearing a group of poeple to little pieces. Harlan rips several heads off as he turns to Kitty. "If you can handle it then show me. Your running out of magic fast" He jumps over another then throws him into a group sending them all to the ground before he pounces on them and making a river of blood.

Shenlong grabbed the last soldier that dared to cross into his path and lifted him off of the groun,"This is my last one, what about you three, and you as well on the roof!" He glanced onto a roof as Lyns looked over at the bloody streets.

"I'm fine!" Lynx yelled as Harlan slowly began to change back into his human state.

"Shenlong, why are you holding him? Why dont you kill him?" Harlan asked as he stood up in human form. "Uhh, good question." Shenlong clenched his fist, causing the soldiers neck to snap like a twig. After he let go, he looked over to where Latharix is standing, bodies all around her,"Kitty, did you do that? Damn girl, remend me never to get on your bad side k?" He smiled a little as he turned to Aieldail was and sniffed the air.

"What is it? Whats wrong?" She took a step back as Shenlong took a step closer,"What is he doing Harlan?" Harlan began to laugh a little as Shenlong held out a hand,"It is very nice to meet you, Aieldail." She slowly grabbed his and as they shook. "Now, let us know where we can go next, this place is getting boring."

Harlan grabbed his stomach as Shenlong changed back to human. "We are not going anywhere until I get food. I've been craving Oriental"

Shenlong looked at him. "Well get somthing to eat then"

Harlan looked around. "Okay" He walked over to a fallen soldier as he partly changes into werewolf. Harlan rips off an arm and lag and begins ripping off flesh. "Needs soy sauce"

[SIZE=1]"I need to gag." Aieldail said, holding her stomache. "Calm down elf." Harlan turned to her, blood dripping from his chin. "Canibal." She remarked. "What are you?" She asked Shenlong. "Canibal or not?"
"Depends." He replied watching Harlan. "My names Latharix." The girl next to her said. "Nice to meet... Will you cut it out!" Aiedail yelled at Shenlong who was sniffing her again. "You smell like freshly crushed pine needles." He said grinning. "Uh... thank-you?" She raised her eyebrows and shook her head. [I]What have I gotten myself into?[/I] [/SIZE]

Lynx shimmied down the pipe to get back onto ground. He hated heights, It was jut amazing that he didn't drop dead of fright while he was up there. 'I guess it was just the adrenaline' He thought to himself.as he finally touched sweet ground. Lynx walked over to the unpleseant sight of a soldier with chunks of flesh torn off. "Was that absolutely nessecery?", He asked to the odd pair that appeared to have done most of this slaughter.

"Yeah, If they could do this than would they have held back?" The one which appeared to be part wolf awnsered with another question. Lynx didn't even bother to awnser this question because healready knew the awnser to it. Instead he focused his attention on the two other apparently normal humanoids there instead . He asked both their names and got a breif awnser of 'Latharix' and 'Aieldail'.
Lynx lef tit at that than motioned them to follow to see what they were really facing. He led them to the half changed corpse of Valen. Aieldail once more clutched her stomach at the sight and smell of it while Latharix looked away in disgust. Harlan and Shenlong crept closer to the corpse and took a look at it from a better angle. Lynx nodded his head towards the corpse and said "That was what was betraying our movements to the Agathans, It looks like some sort of fiend."
Latharix nodded to this and continued " The emperor must have summoned it using the Bloodstone. I think that the stone can summon thousands of others like this and fight us" Lynx nodded his agreement and added " I was hard pressed to beat it when it was in a human form, What do we do when they are in their Demons forms?"
"I vote we just get going to Ciperess Town and meet up with the others to get some form of organization," Lynx summed up impatiently then turned to leave the burning city.

Shenlong licked his lips after Harlan was finished,"You hungry now cat? Told you that you should have gotten something to eat back there." Harlan was smirking.

"Listen pup, you of all people should know that i dont eat people. Strictly animals, humans dont have the right taste." He looked out into the woods and saw a deer.

"Hey! That is not going to happen! I dont want to see anything else die and get eaten in front of me today!" Shenlong turned around and saw Aieldail.

"Fine. I'll do it whene everyone else is asleep. Trust me, you would rather me do it than him,"Points to Harlan who is using a stick to clean his teeth."He doesnt really know when its dead, unless its in his stomach."

"I think I'm gonna be sick," Aieldil said holding her stomach. "Please stop talking about that. i cant get the immage of him eating that guy out of my head."

"Yeah, I even eat animals and i think that its wrong." Shenlong said sticking out his toung."So, how much longer till nightfall?"

Harlan laughed. "Sorry" He reached down and ripped off a peice of cloth and used it as a napkin and wiped his mouth. "If there was any normal food I wouldn't of had to do that" Harlan sniffed the air and turned around to a small plant. "Perfect" He picked the plant and sniffed it. "Smells like it" He ground the plant in his hand as he changed back to full human form. He then pulled out a small strip of paper and suck the peices inside of it and lit it. "Much better" He leaned back against a wall and took another puff. "So mister Lynx, what do me and Tiny get if we join your little organization?" Harlan then turned to Shenlong. "I wont eat that" He pointed to the Valen.

Latharix still felt a little sick from watching Harlan eat;she had always had a weak stomach. She quietly tiptoed away with Kalik grace and quickly vomited in the bushes before rejoining them.
Lynx had not yet answered Harlan's question so she decided to talk for him, "You will be saving people's lives! Saving their homes! Their children! Is that not enough reason to join?" she looked down for a moment and then looked at Harlan with tears in her eyes. She was still young and was not ashamed to cry. "That's why I joined! I couldn't bear it if my family, my friends, and my people were to be destroyed under the sheer strength of the Algathan forces and I not even do anything about it!"
She stared into Harlan's eyes and then softened her gaze, "I am sorry, I spoke to harshly, forgive me." She shot him a small smile and then sat down from exhaustion.