OtakuBoards

Nights of War (M-V,L,S)

PWNED

Harlan looked down at Latharix. "If that is what get in return, to save people, then I will help. I too lost my home" He knelt down in front of Latharix. "But I like to help poeple and the only reason I eat human flash is because I'm cursed, every night I must have human blood" He sees Lynx and the elf back away. "Don't worry, I still have control of my mind. I don't go berserk or anything and I must have human not elf" He looked back to Latharix. "I will help you in protecting your family and will asist you whenever you need me"

[SIZE=2]"I'm not worried, if you try to make me your main coarse, I'll kill you." Aieldail said smiling, fingering her sword hilt. "I'd like to see you try." Harlan returned. She rolled her eyes and looked around. Lynx seemed to be in deep thought, staring into space. "Leaders." She said shaking her head.

She fell backwards onto a patch of grass and stared up. All these people seemed to have lost something. She was no exception. The cries and the flames Aieldail had heard that night still haunted her. Everything had been lost, her family, friends and her home.

Aieldail shook off her sudden feeling of sorrow and sat up.Looking around everything was the same. [I]This is my adventure...[/I] She thought smiling.[/SIZE]

Lynx stared moodily into space as he thought of what had happened in the past, People had lost their lives or dreams and he couldn't do anything about it. Tears welled up in Lynxs eyes but he attempted to blink them away although it was to no avail. Aieldail walked over and plopped down in front of him and asked what was wrong. At first Lynx was silent and didn't pay attention to her but after a while he decided to tell her what was wrong. "It's all my fault that this happened, All those people died because of me." "Why is that?"Aieldail asked not knowing what he meant. "It's because of me that all these people died. I lead the resistance and it's because of us that this town was destroyed" Lynx stopped for a second and choked down a sob then continued "It's like this every town we try to hide in. The towns either end up razed or they are put under tight survelliance and It's all our fault."

"but you can't blame yourself" Aieldail said in an attempt to calm him down" Things like this happen all the time during war times." At first Lynx was silent but his next words hit her like he had slapped her in the face "But what if you were there and couldn't do anything? I was there, I could have thought but no, I chose to run and live another day" Lynx left it at that and It seemed like that was that. It was then that the others decided to involve themselves in the heated discussion. Latharix was the first one to give her opinion on this and stated "But if not for you then who will fight them?" Lynx responded to this by stating that it wasn't just him fighting them. Harlan spoke next by saying "Hundreds more will die" but this didn't seem to shake Lynx the slightest that spoke back that either way they will die. Shenlong was the last to speak and said "Everyone dies but they will not be able to acheive something worthwhile." This stopped Lynx in his tracks and brought an angry look on his face, His eyes said it all though..... They said 'The Algathans are the ones to blame for this. They started this god for saken war and now I will finish this'. "I have made up my mind," He said to the other four, "We leave at dawn."

Shenlong stared deeply at the moon as he clenched his fist and let out a low growl. Behind him he heard a twig break. He turned around and saw the elf watching him.

"Is something wrong? I heard you growl so I thought I would make sure you werent in trouble." Shenlong looked deep into her eyes and then turned away,"I'm fine. I just got reminded of something, thats all." She nodded and turned around back to the campfire.

"This is great. Normally i would never get myself caught up in someone elses problems, but here I am now, fighting in a war." He looked into the brush and let out another growl,"Wolf, get out now of you wont be to happy." A second later Harlan steped out of the brush with a smuile on his face,"Ha, ya got me." Shenlong turned around and started to walk down the trail,"I'm going to scout. Be back later." He made his way down the path as Harlan just watched

Aieldail sat down on her knees staring blankly at the flame. Everyone was so cold, some more then others. [I]Do I really belong here? I should be at home, helping repair the village, restoring the town's profits.[/I] "But I can't just leave." She said aloud, not noticing if anyone heard. She sighed heavily, then stood up and grabed a bow and arrow. "Where are you going?" Latharix asked here. "I'm hungry, so I'm going to hunt." She replied over her shoulder.

Later, she came back carrying a huge stag. "How can you lift that? You look so frail." Lynx asked carefully. Aieldail gave him a look then threw the deer in front of the fire and pulled out a knife. "It's my race, even the weakest of elves are stronger then any man." She cut open the deer, realeasing a horrible stench. "Aw, nasty!" Shenlong exclaimed, holding his nose. Aieldail just laughed, and continued with her work.

Harlan sniffed the rose from where he was watching the stars. "I smell food" He saw Aieldail cut the deer up.

"You already ate"

"Yeah but that was only an hour ago. I get hungry really easy. You know high metobolism" Harlan smiled as he knelt on the other side and fastened on of his clawed guantlets and began to help her.

Latharix stared at the stag for a moment and then got up to find her own food. "There's plenty here," shouted Aieldail.
"Yeah, but, the stag is a sacred animal of the moon, and as the high preistess of the Kalik Moon Temple, I'd be pretty messed up to eat one, wouldn't I?" she replied as she sneaked away into the underbrush.
Some rusling came from the right of them and a shrill scream echoed through the area. Latharix was back momentarily with a large rodent in her mouth and an Algathan soldier hanging limply from her clawed hand.
"I found him, just a few yards away from here, listening to us!" A small twitch from the soldier gave prove that he was only unconsious. She threw him to the ground and unceremoniously sat on him so he couldn't get away. "Maybe we should "interrogate" him. Ask him what he knows...he could be useful. He might know of the Emperor's plans."
Latharix began to tear at the rodent in her mouth and it quickly disappeared. She licked herself clean of blood and then set to work getting the enemy soldier to revive.

Harlan cracked his knuckles as he got up and walked over to the soldier. "I want to be te one" He began rubbing his clawed guantlets together as the soldier came around. "Now we can do this the easy or the hard way. I'll leave it up to you"

The soldier kept his mouth shut.

"Alright the hard way" He fastened the soldier to a tree then grabbed his hand. "Answer me. What did you hear?"

The soldier smiled as he stared into Harlan's eyes.

"Bad idea" He sliced off the entire hand and let the soldier grab as he screamed. "Stirke one. Answer me"

"Never"

Harlan sliced off the arm at the shoulder. "Strike two"

"Okay" The soldier told Harlan everything he heard and answered all of his other questions.

"Okay" Harlan turned Latharix. "No furhter questions your honor"