OtakuBoards

Into the Heart of Darkness [M-LV, poss S]

Sinistra

[FONT=Palatino Linotype]This is my first RPG that I've made, so don't kill me. :p This is going to be rather long.

You've been warned.

In the thriving industrial city of Tychus, there is a "perfect society" where the rich and famous strut about in their wealth and glory. Capitalism is like a religion, and technology knows almost no limit. This city, named after the Greek Goddess of Fortune, seems to be perfect.

However, while there are the many things that the city can be proud of, it seems a little odd how no one notices that there is organized crime about, lurking in the streets of Tychus. Syndicates have grown in the masses and rivalries begin with the simple sharing of a glare.

One syndicate seems to dominate, the Black Dragon Syndicate, and two of the highest ranked are the two deadliest men in the United States.

Joshua Christensen and Julian Maeda are two very highly skilled assassins. They both strive for perfection and will take no less. However, Joshua seems to be slipping with each passing day.

Joshua has always been a loner since a young age, and when Julian found him on the streets after the age of fifteen, he was beyond salvation. Abandoned as a child, Joshua had a habit of hurting other people. At the age of ten, he was picked on by another boy much larger than him. Joshua wouldn't put up with it and he stabbed that boy in the arm with a compass.

Julian is the next in line to run the Syndicate, his father is Shinobu Maeda, an old immigrant from Japan and master of the martial arts. Shinobu has taught Julian and Joshua the art of his own style, a combination of swordplay and hand-to-hand combat.

Both boys perfected the art, and are the only two that Shinobu had passed it onto. Julian and Shinobu are the only two that Joshua will take orders from.

It isn't until Joshua is sent on a mission to kill a little girl by the name of Marie Tanaka, that he finally begins to break.

Marie Tanaka is an ordinary 4th grader with the innocence of a child. But her stepfather seems to want her out of the way. When she is confronted by Joshua, she's not afraid of him until she realizes what he's going to do to her. She begs for her life and somehow, Joshua cannot go through with it.

Instead of killing her, he kidnaps her and takes her to live with him. Her stepfather pays Shinobu, and everyone's happy. But after a while, Marie begins to have a more permanent effect on Joshua, and he cannot kill as effeciently as he once could. His conscience is working against him and driving him insane.

This sends the entire syndicate into a rage, Shinobu and Julian are pissed, and now, Joshua is a target on everyone's list. And Joshua himself is almost on the edge of sanity.

[U]Sign-Ups:[/U]
[B]Name:[/B] (If not one of the aforementioned characters)
[B]Age:[/B] (Young Enough, about 21- 29, unless you're to be Marie, she's about 10)
[B]Appearance:[/B] (Pic or Details, either is fine)
[B]Biography:[/B] (At least a good paragraph or two, those signing up as Joshua or Julian, PM me and I will give you more information to work off of)
[B]Weapons:[/B] (Guns, Swords, Martial Arts, etc.)

I am going to be playing the role of Shinobu, the Black Dragon Syndicate leader.

[B]Characters Taken:[/B]
Marie Tanaka (Cyriel)
Julian Maeda (Who Am I?)
Joshua Christensen (Symphony)

Anyone else may sign-up as other members of the syndicate, you too will play a role as various partners, working together on your missions, and most likely with Joshua or Julian once or twice.

This RPG will start just shortly before Joshua is sent to eliminate Marie. And even little Marie might get into the action.

PM me with any questions. And enjoy! After I get a few sign-ups, I'll post my own.[/FONT]

[SIZE=1][CENTER][COLOR=Purple][B]Name:[/B] Marie Tanaka
[B]Age:[/B] 9 (yeah, she skipped a couple grades)
[B]Appearance:[/B] see attachment

[B]Biography:[/B] The daughter of wealthy parents, Marie Tanaka was raised in an elegant and pampered lifestyle. She was given whatever her little heart desired - delicate sweets and confections, silken dresses and robes, richly accessorized dolls and toys... Despite this spoiled and extravagant lifestyle, Marie remained a quiet, introverted child - one who was never prone to outbursts or tantrums. She had (and still retains) perfect manners.

Marie's real father hired the best tutors for her, and so she was given the best and highest of educations. She is currently fluent in four languages not including English: Japanese, Latin, Greek, and German; and she is studying Spanish and Chinese. She excelled in all of her studies, especially in the arts and literature, and devoured the books and novellas that were bought by her father.

When her father died, Marie was devastated, and retreated to her room. However, after the funeral (which she didn't attend), she returned to life as if her father was still alive. She did not acknowledge (or just ignored the fact) that her father was dead. Her mother had never paid much attention to her, and this time it was the same. Her mother married another man within a year, and Marie had to adjust to her stepfather on her own.

Due to accordances in the will of her real father, Marie was to be the sole inheritor of the entire estates of both the father and mother, despite her mother marrying her stepfather. Thus, her stepfather decided to get rid of Marie, because then the vast fortune would be available to him. However, not everything went as planned, and so Marie lives in the guardianship of Joshua Christensen, changing the lives of everyone around her...

[B]Weapons:[/B] Since she's a 9-year old, Marie really doesn't use weapons... However, she does keep a [B]dart gun[/B] (with tranq darts) and an [B]air-soft gun[/B], which Joshua gave to her to amuse herself with. In the small bits and pieces of knowledge that Joshua has given her about combat and weaponry, Marie has become extremely comfortable with, and picks it up quickly and easily at an almost frightening pace. [/COLOR][/CENTER][/SIZE]

[COLOR=DimGray][FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][B]Name:[/B] Julian Maeda

[B]Age:[/B] 25

[B]Appearance:[/B] [B][URL=http://animevisions.net/Pictures/guys/gohou_01.jpg]CLick Here[/URL] [/B] No wings.

[B]Biography:[/B] Julian Maeda is very talented as a swordsman, that is his specialty in his father's martial arts style. At the age of 15, he found Joshua shortly after Joshua had just hurt a man for trying to mug him. Julian and Shinobu took Joshua in as a family member and the two are practically unseparable from then on.

Julian is a very smart young man, he's quiet and calculating. He can from time to time be a bit cocky and cold, but this is his nature and he usually doesn't mean anything by it.

[B]Weapons:[/B] Martial Arts and Katana[/FONT][/COLOR]

[B]OOC: Yay! Touma Seguchi! You finally made a RPG! Sorry finish later need to ask you something.[/B]

[COLOR=DarkRed]Ok, I like to make custum characters so...

Name: Jose Brodeur

Appearance:[URL=http://hyung-taekim.org/displayimage.php?album=11&pos=11]Jose[/URL]

Biography: Jose is an ex-JTF2 Officer turned criminal. Killing was all that he ammounted too, and he was very, very good. He was a good commander, a leader and a respectable soldier. However, after 3 years of covert missions in War torn Asia, Jose snapped. He killed civillians, he was often suspected of helping Terrorists, he led his men into ambushes... He was unfit for combat. He was court marshled, and, with a mark on his name, he was exiled from the country. (Note: JTF2 is based in Kingston, Ontario, Canada)

From there, Jose didn't know what to do with his life. He did the only thing he could do. He killed. A dark assassin, Jose sold his skills and his training too the highest bidder. Of those bidder, one was the Black Dragon Syndicate. When they saw what he could do, he was an easy selection.

Weaponry: [URL=http://www.army.forces.gc.ca/Land_Force/English/2_0_38.asp?uSubSection=38&uSection=2]JTF2 C7[/URL]
Armament:
Cartridge: 5.56mm x 45mm NATO
Rate of Fire: cyclic, 700 to 940 rounds per minute
Magazine: 30 rounds

Specifications:
Weight: empty - 3.3kg, full - 3.9kg (not including M203A1 grenade launcher)
Length: normal butt, 1.0 m
Barrel Length: 530
Operation: direct gas operated, air cooled, magazine fed
Range: 400 m

[URL=http://www.army.forces.gc.ca/Land_Force/English/2_0_31.asp?uSubSection=31&uSection=2]Browning 9mm[/URL]

Armament:
Cartridge: 9mm x 19mm
Specifications:
Weight: 1 kg (with empty magazine)
Length: 19.69 cm
Barrel length: 12.38 cm
Operation: recoil operated, semi-automatic
Feed: 13-round detachable magazine
Sights: Rear ? fixed square notch, Front ? tapered post
Sight Radius: 159mm
Muzzle Velocity: 350 m/s

[URL=http://www.army.forces.gc.ca/Land_Force/English/2_0_39.asp?uSubSection=39&uSection=2]C9 Backup Machine Gun[/URL]

Specifications:
Operation: gas operated
Mode of fire: automatic only
Feed: belt or magazine
Weight: 7.12 kg
Length: 1.04 m
Barrel: 0.53 m
Rate of Fire: cyclic, 700-1,000 rounds per minute
Effective Range: 600 m

(I like's my weapons...)[/COLOR]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=Blue][B]Name[/B]: ** Watanabe (First name unknown)
[B]Age[/B]: 23
[B]Appearance[/B]: [URL=http://www.animevisions.net/Pictures/girls/Sweet1.jpg]Watanabe[/URL]
[B]Biography[/B]: Watanabe was born in the heart of Tokyo, Japan. She was raised to be perfect in every aspect of her life, including the family martial arts. Ai started to attend the martial arts academy at the age of 6. She was trained for long days and long nights, she excelled in this form of fighting and became a powerful fighter at the age of 12. During the summers she would stay with her grandfather and assist him with the studio and trained while she had nothing to do. This enhanced her fighting skills even more. Then during one summer, before her grandfather died, he handed her a katana. He told her very softly ?Train well, for it will help you in the future.? Those were the last words she would ever hear from him.

Watanabe did as her grandfather had said and trained viciously with her new found weapon. Through rain, blazing hot sun, cold snowy days, and breezy spring, she trained. It seemed as though Watanabe seemed as though she trained all the time, no one actually knows if this is true or not. At the age of 19 Watanabe was a professional at Martial Arts and the art of the samurai sword. This drew attention to some people, they wanted her as their bodyguards.

A rather ordinary man approached Watanabe and asked her to protect his daughter. She had no choice but to say yes, so she became the bodyguard of Marie Tanaka. It was rather odd because Watanabe never took off her helmet, so the youngster never got to see her face. She was 5 at the time so Marie didn?t remember much of Watanabe.

Watanabe was let go off the job at the age of 22, Marie had come of age and did not need a bodyguard anymore. But something was different the way that father acted, it was too late when Watanabe found out that Marie had a step-father instead of a real father. Marie had been kid napped by a mysterious figure. Watanabe set out on a seek and destroy mission, her goal to find and get back Marie Tanaka.

[B]Weapons[/B]: Martial Arts, Katana[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[FONT=Palatino Linotype][B]Name:[/B] Shinobu Maeda

[B]Age:[/B] 53

[B]Appearance:[/B] [URL=http://www.tecmo.co.jp/product/doa3/jpg/genfu00l.jpg]Click Here for Shinobu's Pic[/URL]

[B]Biography:[/B] Shinobu is an older man, he is an immigrant, straight from Japan. He came to America in hopes of creating a new life for his family and to escape the old one he left behind.

Shinobu and his wife, Hana, with their unborn son Julian, fled a life of organized crime in Japan. They didn't want their son born into a life of so much bloodshed. They thought that they could've been happy together, just the three of them.

Julian was born, and Shinobu had put his blade away for good. However, when Hana was killed shortly after being discovered and kidnapped by the Yakuza that had followed them all the way to America, Shinobu had no choice but to take a firm hold of the sword he possessed.

He started a gang, and eventually that gang grew to what is now, the most feared syndicate of the city, and possibly the country.

The Black Dragon Syndicate.

Shinobu didn't mind the addition of Joshua to the family, and he even treated him like he was his own. He trained both Julian and Joshua together at the age of 15, and they had mastered the techniques of the Sakura-Chikara style in only a year.

Shinobu is usually calm and composed, even in the deadliest situations. However, if he is fighting, he shows no mercy. He is ruthless and has the Curse of Bloodlust.

[B]Weapons:[/B] Shinobu uses his own style of martial arts, the Sakura-Chikara, a combination of his fists and swordplay. His steel wakizashi is the only blade he'll handle.

I need someone to still sign up as Joshua...hmm...spread the word if you can, guys.

If you have any questions, please, feel free to PM me.

[B][U]T.S.[/U][/B][/FONT]

Name: ZX-942 "Zee Ecks"

Weapons/Abilities: Very strong, very fast, and a technological genious. He was programed to fit in with people, and to be as human as possible. His left arm conceals a gun, as well as a laser cannon, cutting tools, and other appliances.His right arm has several blades which extend from his elbow and his palm, and is used for hand to hand combat He can hover for short periods of time, using some new technology incorperated into his systems. He can link up to computers and mechanical objects,as well as other robots through the use of telepresence functions. He can also communicate through phone lines like this. He has a combat mode, and a combat limiter, which he can release, if the situation is desperate enough. He can also upload any onformation and use it.

Personality: He's very polite, and his moods shift from one to another quickly, and he stays apart from the others, being very aloof. People think he's stuck up for this, but he's really scared that he would be found out that he's not cyber-augumented, but really a robot. He's very loyal, and would even die to protect his crewmates. His special talents make his fights seem like a Carnival fireworks display, hence his codename.

Appearence: This particular photo is of him and his creator, Dr. Naomi Saji [url]http://www.animeshrine.com/gallery/...nesis/***47.jpg[/url]

Biography: Zee is very awkward when it comes ot other people, not only because he is a little shorter than average, but because he is not human, or any other race, for that matter. He was designed, to look human, act human, as well as have many human qualities, such as the need to eat and breathe. He is a bio-mechanical lifeform, and he has some other qualities people dont have, but he is quite a freind, if one lets him. His creator, an ingenious inventor, created him when she was in her twenties, and he is rather like a son to her. He loves her like the mother she is, even after she is injured in an explosion, and her brain is put into a robot body, of her own design, similar to Zee's. Zee was part of a line of artificial lifeforms, each made to be unique, and he was the final one made.

[COLOR=DarkOrange][B]Name:[/B] Joshua Christensen

[B]Age:[/B] 23

[B]Appearance:[/B]

[U]Body[/U]: 6'0 and wieghs 150 pounds (I have no idea about mens weight). His body is athlectictly built with fine muscle features. His skin color is light tan and healthy.

[U]Hair:[/U] He has jet black short (Like the guy in your sig T.S).

[U]Eyes:[/U] His eye color reminds you of a saphire.

[B]Biography:[/B] The assassin Joshua has a past only as cold as his heart. When Joshua was four, he was abused by his father because he accidently knocked over a pile of laundry. So that night, after his father passed out from drinking, Josh took a knife from the kitchen and slit his father's wrists and throat.

His mother came home from a business trip two days later to find blood all over the carpet in the living room. Joshua had been in his room crying the entire two days, bruises and cuts on him. The police came to the conclusion that Mr. Christensen committed suicide after beating his son and Joshua got away with his first murder.

Years afterward, a man had tried to kidnap Josh when he was walking home from school. Josh had a pocket knife in his messenger bag. He pulled it on the man, and gutted him in the stomach in one swift movement.

That was when Julian found him and took him in; the two were inseperable from then on as they trained under Shinobu. That was when Josh was fifteen, and now, he is a master of his skills and a cold-blooded man.

When Josh abducts Marie, he sees a whole new side of life that gave him a freedom that he never knew. Marie shows him that there are more important things to life than just death, and Josh feels indebted to Marie for this.

[B]Weapons:[/B] Thin silver sword used for swift attacks, small twin daggers for close range attacks and his martial arts techniques ^.^.

[/COLOR]

[FONT=Palatino Linotype]Okay everyone, first of all, I would like to thank you for signing up. To be completely honest, I didn't expect this to get this far. :animeswea

Secondly, the last week two weeks of May are very busy for me, finals at school... :animesigh So, what I'm going to do is leave the Sign-Ups open for the rest of the two weeks. On the weekend of [B]June 4th[/B], I will begin this RPG.

I do apologize for the wait, but like I said, school is having their finals. :animeknow

PM me with any concerns, questions, etc...

[B]T.S.[/B][/FONT]

Name: Katana Makagie

Appearance:[URL=http://www.megahorrorgifs.de/a-ga-021.jpg]Katana[/URL] She looks like that except her clthes and hair are black and her eye's are icy blue.

Biography:Katana was born in Japan. She had three older brothers (triplets) and one younger brother. Her mother died when she was five so she was raised by her father and grandfather.Katana has always had a hard a** personality with a very short temper. Her grandfather was a master at ninjitsu and her father was a master at tijutsu. Katana on her own was always good at dodging and blocking attacks.

She learned them both and was a master by the age of fifteen, since she lived with men all her life she missed out on a lot of "girlish" activities and from this she was a major tomboy. Most people wouldn't think so by looking at her but once you get to know her you'll figure it out quickly. She was always good with long range shots and her nickname became Sniper. She learned to use her gun's, and throwing dagger's from her older brother's who are exsperts in that area. She was already good with an kitana all her own.

Katana started doing assassin jobs when she was 17 and she has been doing it ever since until she was hired.

Weapons:Katana has one kitana, two cresent blades (like in pic), and three hand uzi's.She can also do archary very well but she doesn't want to carry a bow around.

She wares one uzi on a gun holder on her right, and one on her left thigh, and she has one dagger in her right, and left shoe, and one on a strap on her upper arm, and her last dagger is a secret. Her kitana is on her back.

• 4 weeks later...
[COLOR=Black][FONT=Palatino Linotype]Okay everyone! Assuming that you received my PMs, you understand what I've written previously.

This RPG is going to contain gunfights, swordfights, sparring...etc. Hope that everyone understands that.

I should start it FOR REAL this time about today. So, just be ready to post. Any final sign ups are still valid.

Thanks so much!

[U][B]T.S.[/B][/U][/FONT][/COLOR]

• 3 weeks later...
Name: Hitomi (OC)
appearance: shoulder length dark brown hair, brown eyes, tanned skin, and usually wears mid-driff shirts and overalls. Every once in a while, two giant brown cat ears will pop out of her head. :catgirl:
Biography: Lost both her parents at age 3, her parents were both demons making her a full demon herself. She works at the Syndicate, working for Shinobu and Julian that is. She becomes close friends with Marie in time.
Weapon: steals the dojo swords when in battle

[FONT=Palatino Linotype]I apologize, but it seems due to the lack of communication that this RPG will not continue. To be honest, I wasn't expecting it to, this is more of a complicated plotline that restricts the choices that one could make in other RPG's.

So, I'm sorry, but your sign-up came too late.[/FONT]