OtakuBoards

heartbroken and going off the deep end

Guest deathangel2008

Guest deathangel2008
[FONT=Arial]I need help...there's this guy I like and he acts like he likes me..but then when someone says something to him he acts all weird about it..he knows that I like him..I would die for him...he's also my best friend...I don't want to lose him..but he breaks my heart every day...now that summer is almost here..I feel like he's leaving me behind...any advice??[/FONT]

Wrong board... I hope that he not only completely blows you off when you ask, but that he goes and reveals all of the embarrassing photos lieing around your house to the entire school! That will show you, you harlot!

Just kidding.

I don't see what the huge deal is. If you're as close to him as you claim, he should be more than happy to take you out on a few dates and call you his girlfriend. Hell, he might even be happy about it! Just don't get weird when you ask, stay casual. "Do you wanna go out with me? :catgirl: " The real problems won't come until you try to elevate it to the next level.

BTW, this goes in the Otaku Lounge.

[SIZE=1]How old are you? I'd like to know that before I begin answering questions and stuff.

Because if you're anywhere under the age of 18, it's infatuation you're feeling. Willing to die for someone you're not intimate with is usually a sign of just mad-love and general infatuation. How is he 'breaking your heart everyday?'

I'm not trying to be the mean person, but this is just all-too-common, and feels cliched. No one is going to end up dead, and so what if he leaves you behind during the summer? To be frank, he can, and possibly will. What will 'loving' for these last few days of school do to cement such a premature/juvenile relationship? Since I'm guessing you're around 14, he'll be looking at girls all summer, even if you two are 'going out' as of the last day of school, unless you two live close together.

I'd like to close this post with a quote from the Bible.

[center][I]Love is [B]patient,[/B] love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil, but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, [B]always trusts[/B], always hopes, [B]always perseveres[/B]. Love never fails. [/I]

1 Corinthians 13:4[/center][/SIZE]

I would need more detail on how he is breaking your heart each day before I could tell you how to solve your relationship problems ([B]If my next comment's seem mean then I apologise[/B])

However, Even if the relationship doesnt work out (it happens) then you can still be friends. worst case senario is that You may feel bad about it for a while but its nothing that time wouldnt soothe (and possibly heal) and certainly not the biggest thing to worry about in life at your age. Also Id think carefully about your feelings towards him. Are you [B]sure[/B] hes the Guy you'd die for? Seriosly there are not many people in the world that anyone can say that about.

I do hope it works out for you and wish you the best of luck

Guest Sean
[SIZE=1][b]To Trib[/b]

Me = 14 Years Old + 9 Month Relationship

~_^

But I get what you mean.
--

Love is a strange thing, but we are just animals, we were given the choice ot love, but it isn't needed, we do take it for granted, but humans are animals and were here to breed and reproduce and populate the planet.

But I'm not heartless, no, if you would [i]die for him[/i], and he does 'dump' you, or doesn't say the words you [u]LONG[/u] to hear: 'Yes', then I do not expect you to jump off a cliff or slit your wrists.

At 13-18, people go through a thing called angst, hm, write down a poem, and then record how many times you think of writing something depressing down even if you don't.

My point is, you say you would die for him, but you wouldn't, that's the angst of your teenage life kicking in, ~_^.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=1]Well, I'm 15...pretty damn sure I'm in love. At least, I hope that's what this feeling is. Heh.

The way I feel about my boyfriend is...well, complicated, I guess. While I would not kill myself if he broke up with me or we were forced apart, I would most definitely sacrifice myself for him if there were no other way out.

Love is a strange thing and, as Sean said, we?re only teenagers and we go through some very serious hormonal changes during these years.

I suggest you have a serious think about your feelings and if you guys are best friends then there should be no problem with discussing how you feel.[/SIZE]

[QUOTE=Delacroix][SIZE=1]Well, I'm 15...pretty damn sure I'm in love. At least, I hope that's what this feeling is. Heh.

The way I feel about my boyfriend is...well, complicated, I guess. While I would not kill myself if he broke up with me or we were forced apart, I would most definitely sacrifice myself for him if there were no other way out.

Love is a strange thing and, as Sean said, we?re only teenagers and we go through some very serious hormonal changes during these years.

I suggest you have a serious think about your feelings and if you guys are best friends then there should be no problem with discussing how you feel.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

wow.... i wish i were as wise as you are when i was your age. that is so true.

[COLOR=Indigo]Look, it isn't that hard a thing to deal with.

Guys are generaly not shy. If he really liked you, you'd get signs. If you loved him, then you would've asked him already.

If you're past 18, then you wouldn't be making this topic. If below 18, then you should double check your feelings for this person.

If I sound like an asshole, then sorry, but I sugar coat nothing.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#95005E][SIZE=1]Havokio speaks the truth!

What I'd do, were I in your shoes right now, is I'd wait this thing out. There was no way you could stop that [i]someone[/i] from saying [i]something[/i] to the guy you like, not to mention you couldn't actually keep him from acting weird around you. Things that happened were out of your control so maybe doing something will only make things worse. Yep, yep.

The way I see it, you're creating problems for yourself. Cheer up, love! Don't let it bother you. [/SIZE][/COLOR]

[size=1]Seeing as you two are best friends, I think it is necessary to warn you that if you ever do go out, and it doesn't work out, it will put a huge strain on your friendship, [b]and probably break it[/b]. I'd also like to warn you that as current best friends, the transition might be a bit difficult, and uncomfortable.

Now as a guy who is rather oblique when it comes to relationships [once bitten, twice shy, heh], I can make a good guess as to where this guy is currently at. If he [b]doesn't[/b] like you, and likes someone else, then he can probably deal with the fact that you like him, and may be content to flirt with you. It doesn't mean he wants to go out with you, and the sad fact is, he never may.

On the other hand, if he [b]does[/b] like you, then he doesn't want to ruin the friendship you two have.

Either way, things are difficult, and could possibly get messy. As has been suggested, a casual approach could work...and leave your friendship intact if he rejects the idea. However, there isn't really anything that we can say that'll tell you for sure what to do. I don't know you, I don't know the guy, and I don't know all the details.

Are you a gambler, is really the question.[/size]

[QUOTE=Retribution][SIZE=1]How old are you? I'd like to know that before I begin answering questions and stuff.

I'd like to close this post with a quote from the Bible.

[center][I]Love is [B]patient,[/B] love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil, but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, [B]always trusts[/B], always hopes, [B]always perseveres[/B]. Love never fails. [/I]

1 Corinthians 13:4[/center][/SIZE][/QUOTE]
[COLOR=DarkOliveGreen][SIZE=1]You're the one who quoted the Bible. It didn't say, in any way or metaphor, that people below 18 can't feel [B]love[/B]. I firmly believe that age has got nothing to do with love. Some people do fall in love at a young age and live the rest of their lives together.

As for advices, well first, I hope you don't mean you'd kill yourself for him cause that's just stupid and lame. Now let's see the possible two sides of the story.

On one hand, he might like you, but he thinks you might not like him the same way and, thus, ruin the relationship. If this is the case, you should make your feelings known to him. Do special things that normal bestfriends don't do to each other. He might get the signs and all.

On another hand, he might not like you, and you think he acts like he does but, the truth is, he's just treating you like a 'bestfriend'.

If I'm in your case, I'd walk up to him and tell him my feelings while I still can. I'll wait for a reply and I'd accept his decision and will still be his bestfriend no matter what. That way, I could show still give him my 'bestfriend love' and still be with him. I know the deep feelings will die out or lighten eventually. I think that's love. [B]But that's just me[/B].[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[quote name='BaronSamedi][SIZE=1']Are you a gambler, is really the question.[/SIZE][/quote]
[COLOR=DarkOliveGreen][SIZE=1]Yeah. I say [B]gamble[/B]. You don't want to have regrets. *nods*[/SIZE][/COLOR]