OtakuBoards

Death of Loyal Pets

Shadow Blade

Has anyone ever lost a loyal pet due to dumb drivers, little cousins with a tight grip, forgetting to drain the bath tub, or worse allowing your sister's dog to drink out the toilet. Well i lost my faithful dog, "Kouga", and the chickens i got for a birthday from my grandparents ( Aragon, Arwen, Ewyon, Mary, and Pippin). This is their story:

It was a sunny day, and unfortunatly i stuck at school, being punish with the long lecture that our history teacher set up in his-boring-lifeless-wifeless-life. I was just sitting in class counting down the hours, minutes, seconds..................until
"RINGGGGGG!!!!!!" finally school was over, i survived another in the Boot Camp of Hell. But however the day brought ended in total saddness. As soon as I got home
there were chicken feathers all over the place! Shoot! I was like Whoa! What happen here? It was like Mr.Kentucky Fried Chicken himself came over. So my 1st thought was " Gotta get to the Chicken House!" And boy did I run over there!
When I arrived, the chicken house door was hanging wide open on one hing. So what did i do. I did what a lot of other kids would i went investigating. I checked everywhere expect in the dog houses. So i ventered into their lairs. And I saw.......................................................................................................................................................................................................... my little birdies half bald from running around , and however i found out that the culprit was my own dog! Well he was something else! He actually looked kind of smug for a dead dog! The conclusion of his death was that he died protecting the chickens from my sister's dog "Shaggy". He died of heart failure I guess but he was a cool dog well it lasted. But he was really getting old. I have to admit though i really do miss that mutt.

So i don't know if you ever expericed a time like i did.

[color=#141416]That was..interesting. Takes a new level to "a man's best friend". Only, it was for chickens, lol.

I've lost a beloved pet. It was heart-wretching. His name was "Boo-Boo" because we adopted him on Halloween, and he was a Chinese Char-Pei (wrinkly dogs). He was so adorable and chunky, and had to be right at your feet everywhere you went. Well, little did we know, Boo-Boo was born with a brain tumor and for months, we would never have expected it. Unfortunately, he started acting strange; scratching at his nose, walking a few paces before sitting down and trying to drag himself, and making this disturbing grunting sound. My brothers and I watched over him while my parents talked to several vets. Over the span of 2 hours, we watched Boo-Boo pass away on our dining room floor. It was the most painful thing I've ever watched....I can't get into details, I'm sorry. But I'll start crying, it was that horrible.[/color]

I lost my dog, he was a boxer, his name was Guantao, chinese name. I loved him, he was always hyper and ran around, even if it meant almost making me fall in pavement. I left him a weekend with my uncle and he died because he got a piece of bone stuck in his throat. :animecry:

I lost my dog about 4 years ago, she got an infection and her poor body just couldn't handle it. We tried treating her at the vets but she was over 16 years old and although the medicine helped part of the problem they couldn't stop her liver from shutting down. :animecry: So instead of letting her suffer for several days while she slowly died we had her put to sleep. Boy did that hurt alot since she had been with us for so long. I stayed with her till the very end, it was one of the hardest things I have ever done, but she had been such a faithful pet and I couldn't abandon her in her last moments on this earth.

We have another dog now as I believe you shouldn't give up on experiancing the joy a pet can bring you. Some of my friends refuse to get another pet as they don't want to ever be sad again. I'm glad I didn't listen to them as the dog we have now is the sweetest thing. :animesmil

[SIZE=1]It was pretty upsetting when my cat Tuff-Luck a.k.a Tuffy was put down.Before I left for school that morning,Tuffy had been acting very strange.She was running into walls and could not stand up for very long.I carried her downstairs and we layed her by the fireplace,her favorite spot.Me and my little sister covered her up with our 'baby blankets' and put a bunch of little stuffed animals and some food and water by her.We left for school hoping for the best.My parents had the day off,so they stayed with her.

I practically ran home from school that day,fingers crossed.I ran in the door and looked to the spot where we left Tuffy,only to find the blankets folded and the animals sitting next to them.My mom informed me that they put her to sleep and pressed her collar and a tiny 'kitty angel' pin into my hand.I started bawling.But you would too if the cat you'd had all your life died.But she was old.Almost 19.She was ready.

I have two other tragic deaths,but they aren't as sad.My moms rabbit Moosemichi (yeah...) died of heat stroke when we were playing with her one day,and my rat Benny got stuck under his wheel and died.I came into my room after a shower and found him dead.It was kinda scary.[/SIZE]

• 4 weeks later...
[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]I had a daschund mutt who I named, Dude. He really belonged to the family with his quirks. He was an obsessive compulsive about catching and chasing a tennis ball of his or which ever tennis ball I brought home for him. All the family would play with him and sometimes he would jump on you and land that slobber ball into your lap. lol :animesmil

He got sick really bad and I cried so hard. :animecry: Still he pulled through and I was so happy.

He was an old dog when we got him. We took him in because he was a stray a looked lonely and was nice enough. He never barked nor bit people only when someone was intruding. He died curled up in his slepp with his tennis ball next to him...

I never wanted another dog afterwards...[/FONT][/COLOR]

We had a dog named Elvis for something like 8 or 9 years, we got him when I was one year old. I grew up with him, he was always a great dog. He was friendly and happy and playful.

It was tragic the way he passed, and has bothered me since that day. See, we had people over at our house fixing our roof at that time. I always walked home and let Elvis out the back door. There was a fence that would keep him in the yard. Unfortunately, the gate was open for the roofers. We can't be sure, but it seems Elvis got out and got hit by a car. He was so badly injured, we decided it would have been cruel to attempt the operation. It could only possibly have left him in more pain. We had to put him to sleep.

I've always felt horrible about that day, when he was hit. I think I saw the gate open but didn't close it. I don't remember. So I don't know if I should blame myself, but I always have.

And now we have another problem. Our other dog, Phoebe, is a fifteen year old Pekinese Poddle. She's in a lot of pain, can't hardly see, and is generally...dying. We also have to contemplate putting her to sleep.

[size=1][color=slategray]Yes, I lost my cat about a year ago. He was very known around my town for being "Claire's Fat Cat." Yeah, Chester was a little over thirty pounds, so you could imagin how large he was. It was funny, actually, because he looked square when he would lay down. He was really nice, though. He had always been a little mischief maker when he was younger, but I guess we wore that out of him. So he was really kind and gentle... but always a pain to carry. To this day I probably still consider him the best pet I've ever had. I had had him just about as long as I could remember. About half my life, I guess.
The cause of his death was slow. One day he just stopped eating, and that was very unusual for him, seeing to he enjoyed his food. After that, he started acting strange, he wouldn't move much, he'd always stare into the distance, hardly make any noise if you'd touch him. Which was [i]very[/i] bizarre, because he normally liked to "talk" a lot. So, quick to see that there was something wrong with him, we took Chester to the vet. They said they didn't know the reason why he stopped eating. But because he did, he developed a liver problem. Things only got worse. We just couldn't get him to eat. So we let the vets office keep him for a week, and keep him on an I.V., see how that'd work. They tried to get him back on food, but he just refused to eat.
We brought him home after about a week to see if he'd eat if he came back home. He ate a little for the first few days, which left us thrilled. He started to improve, but then one day he just stopped again.
We took him back to the vets and they offered to put him back on the I.V., but, we didn't think that'd do any good. So then they offered to do surgery to put something in him that would make him eat. But we just don't have that kind of money. We could have done it, and I don't know why we didn't. I wish we could have saved him... but that just wasn't an option that we had. We knew he'd die... so we brought him home again.
We were going to take him to the vets when he showed signs of being in a lot of pain and just put him down. But we were even to late to do that. He started dying around 9:00 p.m., so we had to call a vet... and he couldn't be there until about 9:30.
We all had to watch Chester and get him ready, hoping he could hang on until we got there. For half an hour, I had to watch my cat die. If you've never gone through that experience, you don't want to. It's horrible. Like watching another family member or close friend be murdered in front of you. And that was the second cat I had to watch die in front of me. It's just horrible.
I try hard not to think of it now, but every so often you can't help it... and that experience flickers across your mind... and it leaves me in tears every time. And that's saying something, because I don't cry over much.
But if you have a pet, you always have to go through a death. It's just life. No matter how much you don't want to deal with it.[/color][/size]

[COLOR=DarkRed][SIZE=-3]Well, I personally haven't lost my pet yet, but my dog is very old, and only has a year or two left in her. I'm not ready to let go of her just yet, but I know that eventually I'm going to have to. And the thought, is a bit frightening. As I would always preach to others that "Death is envititable!" but yet I'm sitting here counting down the days and cherishing every minute left with my pet.

Though I did witness my friend's cat get run over by a car. I can honestly say, it wasn't the driver's fault. The dog was sitting in his lap, while we were talking out by the curb. He got all excited about something and jumped in the street at the very last minute a car was passing. And well, needless to say that had to be the most silent minute I've ever spent with my friend. He kinda just, walked over to his dog's body and fell on his knees just staring at it. After which he just got up and walked back inside. Although I couldn't see it at first, and I sure as hell didn't hear it...I knew he had been crying. Was hard to watch really. But well, I couldn't leave the dog out in the street, so I...well I picked it up...half it really, and threw it away. Then I got the other half, and almost threw up, but I finally got it cleaned up. Needless to say, I was *so* glad it wasn't my dog, but yet I felt *so* bad for my friend. He loved his pet so much, I've known them together for years.

That night I went home and I gave my dog a big hug. I was so glad it wasn't my dog...so glad. :( [/SIZE] [/COLOR]

[SIZE=3][FONT=Georgia]My family got a dog about two years before I was born, and my older sister named him Sebastian, after the crab on "The Little Mermaid". That purebred collie had to be one of the best, most playful dogs ever.
When I was about four, my half black lab, half wolf dog got really sick and died and a couple months before that, my little pekengese got hit by a truck. All I had left was Sebastian. Every time I had a nightmare, he'd let me sleep near him or, on one occasion, with my head on his belly, for comfort.
I was about six and my dad told me to put Sebastian out on his chain in the front yard. I hooked the chain up to his collar, then half hooked the other end to the thing in the ground. He pull and got away right off the bat. I couldn't catch him and no one came to help. I just watched him run off.
He's long since dead now, or he'd be about sixteen years old. But ever since then, I've wanted another collie and I'll call him Sebastian II. I don't think my parents will take care of another collie, but I'll be out of school in a few years![/FONT][/SIZE]