OtakuBoards

Nerds, Goths, Punks, The Popular Kids, etc... What do you fall in?

Shadow Blade

I really dont belong any where there are the goths and punks who hang to gether you can useally find me there but when im pissed or ticked im just in my own littel world trying not to take off heads but as i said i dont really belong any where :animesigh i am such a loser :animesigh

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Kaldea Orchid
[QUOTE=Shadow Blade]In this thread you could talk about which sterotype rules your school, or which type you think you fall in, or what do you think about them (Nerds, Geeks, Weirdos, Punk, Goth, Popular Kids........etc.)

As for my high school, there's mainly Goths, Punks, Nerds, Popular Kids, and of course the Jocks. I don't have anything against the sterotypes, and I think that without them high school would suck, because they make high school more fun. Especially with all the unique people and their own theories. However I don't like the jocks, the popular kids, posers, and thug-want-to-be's! Why? may you ask, well because:

1.) Jocks always have to off, plus I find them to be really snobby
2.) Popular Kids act as if they own the school, as if they got the right to judge people
they have to be so snutty, teachers love them, and plus a majority of them are
boy-crazy and girl-crazy ( they can't control their hormones!)
3.) Posers are the sort of people that keep on evolving constantly which gets
annoying. Ex. 1st their punk, then they are a jock, and then their goth, then all
of a sudden their cowboy out! Weird!
4.) Thug-want-to-be's have some special connection with posers for reason

So once again:
"In this thread you could talk about which sterotype rules your school, or which type you think you fall in, or what do you think about them (Nerds, Geeks, Weirdos, Punk, Goth, Popular Kids........etc.)"[/QUOTE]

hhhhmmmm...."which type you think you fall in"

I'm a punk I guess I try not ta say I am caz here where I live so many "post card" punks who buy all theirs stuff from Hot Topic and their middle class/rich so they can be "punk". Know what mean? Well Alot of ppl say [I]"I'm a punk"[/I] sure I ware a collar,black tops that I bought re-sewed,blue jeans,chain wallet,fish net and gloves.And I love rock and metal music .....now am I really punk? O.O j/w

"which sterotype rules your school"

1 Ghetto here in south TX it rules neck n' neck to prep! And jocks to but their almost prep or ghetto. Then punks and goths come in next....

I find no use for these types all theyve ever done to me is cause problems, but people ask me y i dont go goth and i just say" Y so I can fit into these perfect little shapes that u wish so everything in your little perfect world where everyone in a certain type is the same?" of course then they look at me weirdly and walk away, which is y i dont hav many friends but o well i dont need them all i need is my nes,l of course , peeple also say im a geek probably say that cuz im usually reeding manga or somthing like that and my nintendo belt(I just took my beloved nintendo controller and put it through the loops) yah ive seen the metal ones but it just isnt the same, not to mention one day i wore all black to summer school so peeple asked y and i told them exactly y my nintendo died it was so sad,(ToT)yyyyyy???????y did it have to die

[font=Trebuchet MS]Welcome to OtakuBoards, magikpiggy.

I wonder if you could take the time to just make your posts a little more comprehensible when you type? At the moment, with massively long sentences and abbreviated spellings like 'y', your post is kind of an assault on the eyes :animeswea

The easiest thing to do would be to simply separate into paragraphs. They make what you're saying easier to read, and when it's easier to read people won't misunderstand you or gloss over your post completely.

Any other queries or problems? Try reading our [u][url="http://www.otakuboards.com/rules.php?"]Rules[/url][/u] and [url="http://www.otakuboards.com/faq.php?"][u]FAQ[/u][/url], and failing that, fire off a private message to me or one of the other moderators.

I hope you enjoy your stay.
[/font]

I must say: I am quite a nerd.
I fit all of the descriptions(aside from dressing far too casually) in Wikipedia's article(wikipedia is an online encyclopedia). I got 99% on Mathematics and 98% on Language Arts on the End-of-Grade tests last year. I've always been that way. And on all of the Harry Potter House Sorting tests I've taken, I always get sorted into Ravenclaw. Luna Lovegood reminds me of myself, because she's smart but out there. I've been in the Spelling Bee for the last three years, I had perfect attendance all through elementary school, and I have been on the Battle of the Books for the last 2 years. Yet, despite all this, few of the other nerds will even talk to me. I'm not weird in the physical sense, but in what I have to say. I don't wear black all the time, I don't have piercings, and I don't wear those shirts with the funny remarks on them. In other words, I don't beg for attention physically(although, perhaps the time I allowed a girl to pour the contents of a sugar packet on my head went a bit too far...). I find it funny that there are so many people who do those things, attempting to be weird, when there are large groups of people doing the same thing. They aren't really "freaks" if they're doing the same things as the rest of that large, large group. Yet so few of them realize this. Anyway, I don't wear clothing with logos on them(who wants to have to pay to advertise something??) and in dressing myself, I wear things so normal(plain, perhaps a single stripe crossing a few of my shirts, at the most) that they've become strange over time. Now, just about everyone has shirts and pants with clothing company logos plastered across the front.
I have only one friend, due to my odd thoughts. I'm a bit of a loser, also due to my strange way of thinking. When I sit down at a table in the cafeteria, whoever was sitting there first gets up and walks to another one. Sad, yes. But a great way of getting a table! :animesmil Even my one friend is embarassed to be seen talking to me in school. I don't watch television, I read a lot of books, and I stay inside when possible. I like to draw; whether on homework, quizzes, or blank parchment. I spend a lot of time thinking. I came up with the Chaos Theory one day, and, to my great annoyance, I found that it had already been made. I also think that the one thing the world really needs is understanding. People want to be understood, but they aren't willing to understand.
I am telekinetic(yes, really). Then again, it's not that odd, seeing as everyone has the potential to be. I'm serious.
Well, I'm really sorry, but I've made another ridiculously long post in an attempt to get a point across... :p

[COLOR=DarkRed][FONT=Fixedsys]Wow this question makes me think. You could say I'm "punk" but then again I'm really not, maybe I am only in the way I dress somtimes. If I were to call myself real punk I'd have kids chasing me with pointed sticks yelling "POSER!!!" which I'm not.

I'd say there are two kinds of punk though. And I thought of this myself since I didn't fall into the first catagory. The punks you all know are the music punks, they are so into music it's quite annoying. like most of the people you see in Hottopic, they'll shoot you if you say Simple Plan is punk.

I consider myself movie punk. While I may not be into music I definatly am into movies. So what if it's not a real thing? I dress punk and I obsess over movies. It's the same as people who dress punk and obsess over music right?

If I'm not punk, then call me an anime freak. thats what my friends do(cause of a t-shirt that I have). Either that or "oh yeah, you're into all that japanese ***** right?"

Call me a floater, that works. I just don't have my own group. :animesigh [/FONT][/COLOR]

I'd have to say I'd fall under the category "Total Loser" but then again, after I think about it, most people might consider me a goth. But I kinda don't really care what "category" I fall into. As long as it has cool people, I'm fine :animesmil

At my school, we really don't have defined cliques or groups like that. We do have popular people, more nerdy people, and band geeks. We don't really have defined stereotypes, though. It's all kind of psychedelically blendy, like a melting pot. Shifting and changing, rearranging.

Where am I? I fall in in the middle ground. Believe me, I'm not part of any defined group. Some people think I'm a nerd cause I get really good grades, others think i'm a band geek because I'm in the band, but I'm not either. I guess you could say that what you are classified as in highschool only goes as far as those who put you in that group. Unless you make yourself something, like a goth. I, and a group of friends, don't really have a group. We're our own group ^^. Honestly, (at least at my school) the whole stereotypical thing really isn't there. Turn on any 80/90's high school show, and you see cheerleaders, jocks with varsity jackets, geeks with suspenders and possibly goths in all black. Who's school is really like that? Most people these days are their own person, attracted to a group of people their own age that share a similar range of interests - definition of "peer" - so I bet most people will say they fall into a non-defined group.

I live my life as a Red Mage. A bit of everything.

~RtT

Oh, and we don't have goths or punks, not really. A bunch of suburbian wanna be gangsters, though. I go to a Private School, so you know that no one there can actually be a gangster ^^

Heh, after reading your post, Ih8pepsi, I think I'd like to meet you. :animesmil

...hunh...i dunno where i would be...im not smart enough to be a nerd...im not goth...im not a punk....im not that popular...im to lazy to be a jock...and heck no im not a prep...and im not a loser...so i dunno...i know popular people and i also know losers...preps annoy the h**l out of me...so i guess im between popular kids and the losers...hahaha...imma regular high skool kid who is neither popular or a loser...

Guest Heretic_2000
In my school these groups change every week one week you could be a nerd and that could be uncool and then the next week being a nerd is cool because they see the advantage of being a nerd or jock or whatever Me at the begining of the year I was one of the smart boys then in the middle I was one of the cool computer nerds who knew how to do really cool things like send messages over the network or disable babysitter programs then as the year ended I became one of them kids everyone picked on because they were upset at some of the things I did but now as summer has progressed I have become[QUOTE]a fairly cool kid who can do cool things and that everyone asks for help with things like computers[/QUOTE]

[font=Trebuchet MS]Welcome to OtakuBoards, [b]Heretic_2000.

[/b]Yes, it would be a good plan for you to use punctuation a bit more. It doesn't hurt to make your posts easier to read, and you'll get your point across a lot more effectively. Any more problems? Look at the Rules and FAQ (both on the left sidebar) or private message me, or one of the other moderators.

[b]Ryo, [/b]please don't play Mod. You'll make me feel superfluous, lol.
[/font]

Preps rule my school , on the account I live in a place where everyone's rich blah. I fall under bascially a punk . There are barely any goths at my school like 3 out of 2300 students. There's a small group of punks and skaters and the rest of the population is PREPS............darn the pollution XDDDDDDDD lol

The three schools in my town all have their own hierarchy that I shall now explain. *clears throat* Ahem!

In the Elementary School, there are basically three groups: The mini-cowboys, the rebels, and those who just don't care. I was a Rebel! Rock on! We were constantly at mini-war with the Cowboys...Ah, good times, good times...

In Middle School, everyone got along better, but the 'those-who-just-don't care-group' split into the 'people who everybody likes group' and the 'girls who like boys WAY too much group.' :animestun
Me = Still with the Rebels.

I'm still the middle of my summer vacation, so I'm not sure how High School will turn out, but it will most likely remain as it was.

And am I hallucinating, or was this an old-thread-that-got-renewed...? I have a nagging feeling...*goes to check*

EDIT: Ah, good! It wasn't! All is well! :animeswea

[COLOR=Red][FONT=Comic Sans MS]I really hate being labelled more than anything (although my usernames in some sites usually have 'Punk' in them, but that doesn't make me a freaking hypocrite!), but sadly, it was at my old school. There, I was considered an outcast, and to some people Goth, and to others emo (call me emo and you will die a painful death), but on the bright side---everyone also knew me as the-kid-among-the-few-who-actually-have-drawing-talent.
When it comes to what stereotypes ruled that school, poretty much three dominant ones. Preps, Jocks, and Ditzes. I was friends with many girls labelled as ditzy girls, but otherwise---just about all the popular preps and jocks were usually in the top ten on my 'To Kill List'.
In short, the old school sucked straws, and at least now I have moved away to a state over 700 miles away. Though I'll miss my friends.[/FONT][/COLOR]

At mt school there is the populars(hate most of them), semi-populars,the skaters, the nerds(scary most of them), the losers(yes, difference between them and nerds), the detention gang(guess what they always have), and then there are the drifters who can be anything at any time as long as they benefit from it.

Me...I am a drifter. Mostly I stay witchin the bounds of semi-populars and skaters, even though I can't skate. I only hang with them cause I have a friend who used to be a drifter. but is now a skater.

Well in my School there are:

The Losers (Which in the class we insult him and laught at him,i do to to make myself populer because they are So annoying,i kinda feel bad about them..Oh well). and there are the Populer Ones (Which i hang out with,We Often get into lots of troubles like getting late to class or eat in the class or make noises and laught..Etc.) and there are the Geeky Nerds (Uhh...They always get 98% and they are always Answering Hard questions..Some of them are Scary too!) and their are the sport type people (Kinda all of the school,all of them play Basket Ball and Soccer..).

Well, i fall in the Middle Section, Semi-Populer. I have lots of friend and hang out with people my friends interduce me too,I do some Sports and people sometimes need my help,We make troubles and by trouble i mean alot of trouble,,Oh,thank god school's over ^^

[COLOR=DarkRed]Cheers,[/COLOR]
[COLOR=DarkOrange]Pumpkin Head[/COLOR]

well I just finished high school but anyways

my school was random and fun.
the the motto at my school was, don't start nuthin won't be nuthin.

popular kids: thats were I fall. becuase I have ADHD. loud and outgoing and random to a never end. YAY ME :D :animesmil

punks: everyone likes them. know I do. because they dont give a care about anything and their good to talk to when you mad at the world. punks rock for so many reasons. :D

goths: their was only one true goth and she was really cool. people always looked at me funny for making friends with her but i dont care she never did anything to me.

nerds: who dosent like nerds? their so handy!! especally when you need help in math and chemistry!! GO NERDS!!

now that i think about their were no emo kids.

anime geeks: I love anime just as much as the next but the ones at my school take it to another level :animeangr

yea that's about it.

Guest deathsangel101
I fall in goth why you ask Frist of all I wear black secondly I have the deperssion I am also maniac and bi polar

Guest KamiButterfly
I fall under Elagent Gothic Lolita :alcohol: :angry2: :all: :blowup: :bash: :flush: :sweat: :animeswea :animeangr

[font=Trebuchet MS]Welcome to OtakuBoards, [b]deathsangel101 and Kamibutterfly.

[/b]Just to let you know, we like to keep pretty high standards of grammar, punctuation, etc. here on the Boards. Sentences with no full stops, and six-word posts with an overabundance of smileys, are likely to be classed as spam.

I'd take a quick scan over the Rules and FAQ (both located on the left sidebar), then if you have any more problems or queries, fire off a private message at either myself or [b]Panda.[/b]

I hope you both enjoy your stay.
[/font]

[SIZE=1][quote name='deathsangel101']I fall in goth why you ask Frist of all I wear black secondly I have the deperssion I am also maniac and bi polar[/quote]

Ah, you have succeeded in making me very angry...

You are such a typical "I'm a goth because I'm depressed" person. Being depressed doesn't make you a goth, wearing black doesn't make you a Goth, either. God! It riles me so much to read a post like this. My mother can get depressed because of all the **** she's been though, she likes to wear black, but does that make her a goth? No! I wish people like you would stop clinging to stereotypes and labels like that, you only seem foolish and totally unoriginal. Don't you want to be unique?

(Raiyuu, if this is out of order I humbly apologise but I'm sick of reading these kind of posts in this thread.)[/SIZE]

[QUOTE=Imi][SIZE=1]

Ah, you have succeeded in making me very angry...

You are such a typical "I'm a goth because I'm depressed" person. Being depressed doesn't make you a goth, wearing black doesn't make you a Goth, either. God! It riles me so much to read a post like this. My mother can get depressed because of all the **** she's been though, she likes to wear black, but does that make her a goth? No! I wish people like you would stop clinging to stereotypes and labels like that, you only seem foolish and totally unoriginal. Don't you want to be unique?

(Raiyuu, if this is out of order I humbly apologise but I'm sick of reading these kind of posts in this thread.)[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=Red]Like I was saying, I'm not a labelling fan, but that is very true. Just because you wear black doesn't make you a Goth, it just means black is most likely your favorite color to wear. And being depressed doesn't make you a Goth, it sometimes makes you an annoying pessimistic. (key word-SOMETIMES)
I think there are different definitions for the word, though, in different areas, so if this is wrong for most of you then I apologize, but....At the school I went to this past school year, you were considered a 'Goth' if you were Satanism in religion, listened to a lot of heavy metal or anything along those lines, dressed in pretty dark clothes (not always in black, though, just a lot of black and red, really), MAYBE were suicidal to some degree, and were pretty antisocial. At my school, having those attributes made you a Goth---but only if you had ALL of them (except the suicidal thing, but I mentioned that because all the kids labelled as Goths at that school actually [B][I]were[/I][/B] suicidal). Though, like I was just saying, just because you're like that won't always make you Gothic. It just did at the school I went to, though probably not at other places at all. But then again the school I went to was very hypocritical and I definitely bet they were wrong.[/COLOR][/FONT]

[COLOR=Navy][SIZE=2][FONT=Tahoma]I have no clue what I am. I am smart, but I'm not a nerd. I love music but I'm not in band or a punk or metalhead. I sometimes wear kinda the 'gothic'(i say that cause it's not really gothic, I just got most of it at Hot Topic) clothes and yet I am not a goth. I'm not an outcast cause...well I'm just not.So yea. I have no clue what I am. Although, my friend ,after seeing the new Willy Wonka with Johnny Depp, has now begun comparing me to Willy Wonka, because we both have funny haircuts, we are both insane, both of us love and cherish all mighty candy above all other things, we both wear funny hats, and, of course, we both do that wierd little sound that Willy Wonka uses to summon Oompa Loompas(in my case I do it just for fun, not to summon oddly dressed singing midgets)[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]