OtakuBoards

Nerds, Goths, Punks, The Popular Kids, etc... What do you fall in?

Shadow Blade

Err... I like to see myself as a loner, but majority of the times I can't because some folks just beg for you to hang out with them.

Don't know if laid back loner would be classified in a group. If so, you tell me. I get alone with alot of people, but like to try to keep to myself.

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='BurnerMan']Pretty much nerd/neutral. I'm eventually going to play D&D with my 2 friends who are interested in it but first we are setting everything up and we need dice and a monsterbook. And I pretty much am not nerdy in front of people.[/quote]

[size=1][color=slategray]Aw, yes.

Another fellow nerd. I believe that I fit in the nerdy and loner catagory. As a matter of fact I believe my signature tells it all.

[/color][/size]

Guest Heero yuy
there's a lot of preppy kids in my school, and they're pretty rich...if you drive a 2004 bmw m3 to school, and your whole family has one...you're rich..and that's most of the kids in my school.

If I was to label myself, I guess, I'm a hardcore kid...oh, god I hope I'm not a scenekid..j/k

Oh no...I fall into what I call the "Rocker Community." My definition of this is: Punks, Goths, Emos, Skaters, Potheads, Smokers, Video-Game Nerds, Multi-Classified and Unclassified. This includes people that dress unaccording to the labels, but have the personality of them and are cool with us. I fall into this category, but I have friends all over. In the "popularity contest" with prom queens and stuff like that, it's definitely the jocks and preps and "rappers," and those other peoples, but when it comes to social class at my school, the Rocker Community reighns supreme.
I hate to sound shallow, but, that's my opinion. In high school, you can't help but to label. It's a part of how you describe someone. It happens to me. "Oh, that Rocker chick," or "Oh, that Goth chick." "You're Goth, huh?" It all happens to me. I've grown to not care, because people WILL classify you by how you dress. Even in the real world. So BOO HOO.
Oh, and another thing:

[quote name='Gaara kun']Poser (a wannabe person who changes constantly)[/quote]

So...because I dress in one thing one day and another thing the next day (i.e., I dress preppy one day, goth the next), that would make me a poser? Wow, I didn't know that people could be so shallow. :rolleyes: I wear what I feel like wearing, and I change when I wish. It's a part of growing up, accept it. Some people are just more fickle than others. [SIZE=3][COLOR=Red]FACT of LIFE.[/COLOR][/SIZE] Get over it.

Double posting is not allowed!. A person that dresses up like a maniac when he/she really is nice becomes a poser, just because they think its cool and all. People have to be individuals not part of the mass and how media depicts each character to be like.

[QUOTE=renayiiq]

[Quote=Gaara kun]

Poser (a wannabe person who changes constantly)[/Quote]

So...because I dress in one thing one day and another thing the next day (i.e., I dress preppy one day, goth the next), that would make me a poser? Wow, I didn't know that people could be so shallow. I wear what I feel like wearing, and I change when I wish. It's a part of growing up, accept it. Some people are just more fickle than others. FACT of LIFE. Get over it.[/QUOTE]

[size=1][color=slategray]Renayiiq, like you I dress based on what mood I'm in. Which is usually brown, black, grey, green, and dark blue.

Yeah I know it's really cheesy to dress according to your mood.

But I do it anyway.

[/size][/color]

Guest Heero yuy
[quote name='ZUZU3276']WELL...I FIT UNDER THE BULLY/JOCK CATEGORY; YOU SEE I BELONG TO A GANG AND IT IS MANDARTORY THAT I MAKE OTHERS SUFFER. I DO NOT REALLY HAVE TO HURT THEM OR ANYTHING I JUST PUSH THEM AROUND AND I THROW FOOD AT THEM...BUT THERE WAS THIS ONE TIME, WHEN I WAS WITH ONE OF MY GANG MEMBERS, THAT I SAW A YOUNGER BOY FROM MY SCHOOL, SO ME AND MY FRIEND WALKED TOWARDS HIM AND BEGAN TO BEAT THE CRAP OUT OF HIM...WE WERE ONLY HAVING FUN, BUT THINGS GOT A LITTLE OUT OF HAND AND I PICKED UP A BROKEN PIPE AND I SMASHED IT ON HIS DING DONG AND HE SCREAMED "YES MOMMY MORE!" AND OF COURSE BEING THE PERSON THAT I AM I CONTINUED UNTIL HE PASSED OUT, AND THIS IS THE END OF MY BEAUTIFUL LIE. GOODBYE. :p[/quote]

Looks like you want attention, by the way you type out this unbelievable story...and yes, it's so transparent...go get some therapy, and stop feeling so insecure about yourself.

I don't call myself anything but a human.

The other kids ( we have an insane number of "prep") however, they find it funny to throw food on me and call me "goth freak!"

The jocks tend to call me "gay" but at the end of the day, who is standing in a shower with a team of naked guys?

the preps and jocks tend to have any other socal class beat 40 to 1 so I guess im the only kid who stands out.

[SIZE=1][FONT=Trebuchet MS]Personally stereotyping doesn't hold any truck with me. Everyone has their own good and bad qualities. I know I've said otherwise in the past, but moving on from highschool allows for some serious hindsight. At my school there wasn't really too much in the way of [i]vindictive[/i] stereotyping towards the end there.

[Which I have been informed by friends at Uni is either a: quite common, or b: impossible, lol]

Obviously in the younger grades it existed, because kids are stupid and need rocks thrown at them, but people tend to grow up. If they don't, don't worry about it. You only have to see them for a couple years. If they tried half of that stuff in the "real world," they would be bounced so quickly by someone that their heads wouldn't have time to spin.

Of course, as [b]The Harlequin[/b] has just said to me [i]"There wasn't [stereotyping] on our behalf so much. The only reason I say that though, is because most of the people that we called redneck idiots were redneck idiots..."[/i]

I guess we stereotype in life because we like the world to be ordered into our chosen flavour of bite-sized pieces. I guess I only have qualms with stupidity, which I feel is understandable. In my eyes, it justifies my distrust of all things emo, ^_~[/FONT][/SIZE]

[quote name='ChibiHorsewoman][color=darkviolet']I'm a single mom. I hang out with other single moms. Is that a lable or part of a singles ad?[/color][/quote]

:animesmil Oh chibi...you always find a way to crack me up every now and again when I decide to come back here and post...

Hmm....I'm me...it's a brand new label I just came up with...you can join me if you like...it's pretty flexible with membership...in fact...while typing this post I made me into an acrynim

Mostly Everyone

No I used mostly since...it starts with a 'm' and as i said I came up with it while typing...heh...yeah...I'm a bit fruity today...dontcha love it?

Guest Evil Kitten
I hate stereotypes. Personally, I have no category. I am who I am. But, in my school, there are a tiny group of people known as the 'anime freaks'. So, I guess I fall into that category, if it should be put so. A lot of people hate me. I scare them, apparently. What's so wrong about relating anime to everything? Huh? o.o; In general. I'm weird. I go with the weird group, I guess. That's it.

Guest Drunk_Cat_Lady
I don't care for labels. I don't try to think too much about them, cause
1) They get annoying.
2) Only leads to stupid fighting.

But I will tell you what I have been labeled as; a hippie, gypsy, eccentric, witch, crazy person, and overdramatic person. Lol...not common labels you hear. Ehh...I don't wear all black or all abercrombie & fitch clothes. I wear whatever I feel like and am comfortable in. I have a lot of my mum's clothes that I wear from the 70s and other clothes. Maybe that's why...people say it's cause I'm a very loud and crazy person to hang out with. Or that I'm chilled and laid-back, very open-minded. I chill with everyone no matter their label. I don't decide or judge people based on their clothes and stuff. Personality is what I care about.

You know what's weird, I bet a hundred others will have responses similar to mine. Oh well, I guess it's good that people aren't close-minded then. :catgirl:

Hope I answered your question or whatever. Love ya lots kiddo!

xoxoxo,
Drunk_Cat_Lady

Guest Nosferatu
I'm probably a somewhat between goth and a punk. Halth of the time I'm quet, mean and sarcastic, which really anoyes people. And halth of the time I'm really weard, doing some crazy stuped stuff, which anoyes people even more.

[quote name='Nosferatu']I'm probably a somewhat between goth and a punk. Halth of the time I'm quet, mean and sarcastic, which really anoyes people. And halth of the time I'm really weard, doing some crazy stuped stuff, which anoyes people even more.[/quote]

[SIZE=1]I don't get why people classify 'Punk' and 'Goth' as basically the same think. You can't really be in between. And it'd be nice if you could do a quick spellcheck ;)

It also bugs me that people feel the need to classify themselves in the first place. Three out of four people in this thread have said basically

"I hate labels. I guess other people/preps call me punk/goth/freak, though."

Really, get over yourself. If you want to know what I am (label-wise) check out the bottom of my post and classify me however you want. I'm me, Advanced Red Belt, 15 years old, Junior, Homeschooled, Artist, Comic book artist (I wish), loves my friends. Me, end of story.

[url]http://myspace-251.vo.llnwd.net/00319/15/22/319892251_l.jpg[/url]

[url]http://myspace-313.vo.llnwd.net/00319/31/35/319885313_l.jpg[/url]

[url]http://myspace-651.vo.llnwd.net/00319/15/61/319881651_l.jpg[/url]

[url]http://myspace-078.vo.llnwd.net/00313/87/07/313577078_l.jpg[/url]

[url]http://myspace-698.vo.llnwd.net/00319/89/68/319888698_l.jpg[/url][/SIZE]

I'm really not the biggest fan of labels, but for the sake of the board....I'll label myself. I don't exactly fitinto one category. I'm a lil gothic, but I'm kinda nerdy, but not the sterotypical nerd, I'm a girl and (not to be egotistical) kinda hot.....so I don't know what that makes me. The term my friends use is...dork.

[QUOTE=sakurasuka][SIZE=1]I don't get why people classify 'Punk' and 'Goth' as basically the same think. You can't really be in between. And it'd be nice if you could do a quick spellcheck ;)

It also bugs me that people feel the need to classify themselves in the first place. Three out of four people in this thread have said basically

"I hate labels. I guess other people/preps call me punk/goth/freak, though."

Really, get over yourself. If you want to know what I am (label-wise) check out the bottom of my post and classify me however you want. I'm me, Advanced Red Belt, 15 years old, Junior, Homeschooled, Artist, Comic book artist (I wish), loves my friends. Me, end of story.

[url]http://myspace-251.vo.llnwd.net/00319/15/22/319892251_l.jpg[/url]

[url]http://myspace-313.vo.llnwd.net/00319/31/35/319885313_l.jpg[/url]

[url]http://myspace-651.vo.llnwd.net/00319/15/61/319881651_l.jpg[/url]

[url]http://myspace-078.vo.llnwd.net/00313/87/07/313577078_l.jpg[/url]

[url]http://myspace-698.vo.llnwd.net/00319/89/68/319888698_l.jpg[/url][/SIZE][/QUOTE]

Alright...I'm gonna go COMPETELY offtopic here for a second...I LOVE your pancakes...they look incredibly tasty...man...I haven't had any pancakes/flapjacks in a LONG time...keep posting those breakfast treats!

Anyways...ummm...I find it great...someone may have touched on it before...like...my quote should show.

Alot of people say "I hate labels" But in the same sentance they'll go something like this. " Why do all the preps have to label me...labels are dumb...no one should use labels."

BAM! Guess what...you're a hypocrite....

• 4 weeks later...
I think that in conclusion, MOST of the people here are not popular. Uh-kay... yeah I'm pretty sure there were a few... then... those people are POSERS! Posers! xD
A large percentage of the majority (yeah, I know, that makes no sense, but stick with me here...) are, in fact Punk, goth, or nerd/geek. So that means... we should... -painful thinking- arrange a revolt against the popular ones! Puppets to the media! They shall be destroyed!

Anyway what I was meaning to say in the fisrt place is... many of us may dislike labels, but the fact is, society as we know it is based on labels and catagories. Nonconforming is always nice, but honestly, deal with it. At least they aren't forcing us into two armies, unpopular and popular, and forcing us to kill each other. That's because they know [COLOR=Magenta]the UNPOPULARS[/COLOR] would win!
That would be cool... a war... well, it would clear up a major problem. Popular bastards... I loathe ye so...

[size=1]I'm not a prep, or a punk.
Nor a nerd or a goth.
And I'm not one of those stoners,
That hides their stash in a sock.

I am not a cheerleader,
Or a wigger with a beater,
Or one of the 'gangstas'
With the fake diamond in their ear.

I'm not anti-social,
Nor popular with all.
I hate R&B,
And going to the mall.