OtakuBoards

Nerds, Goths, Punks, The Popular Kids, etc... What do you fall in?

Shadow Blade

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[QUOTE=Drifting soul]I think everyone should be seen as unique. They all have good and bad aspects so it's unfair to judge them by what they look like, act like or who they hang with.
I'm quite weird myself!
I may be weird and not many people like me but I don't really care!![/QUOTE]

[size=4][color=slategray][font=chiller]One thing that we got in common is that were both Weird.

On the other hand I think I was just born that way....

Aw what the Heck! Who cares!?![/font][/color][/size]

I not sure where i fall in, but i think that maybe my frineds would say that i'm goth ..but really it all depends with what i feel like wearing that day!! But to tell you the turth i like black and Hot pink more than any other colors, but i'll still wear light colors IF the it called for it!! SO i think i am more goth that any thing else!! :all:

Hmm I can't really say, but really most people just call me a hardcore gamer and thats what I am. But yes I do play games but not to the extent to where I'm hardcore, but I hang out with a few jocks, a few skaters, some nerds, and some popular kids. I like all the stuff they like so you could call me a multy groupie or whatever.

[quote name='ed's girl']:animesmil does anyone want to be my friend :D[/quote]

[FONT=Trebuchet MS]I'm sure a lot of people would love to be your friend, [B]ed's girl[/B], but I'm afaird this post is considered spam. Here at OtakuBoards instead of introduction threads, or posts, we encourage members to make friends, and get to know one another through their posting while at the same time contirbuting to the discussion of the thread's topic. Posts that do not contribute to the discussion, such as yours, are considered spam. I'd like to point out the certain set of Rules that we have here on OtakuBoards, which can be located on the left navigation menu. I strongly advise you to look over them, if you haven't done so already. Also, if you're not quite sure on how the posting system works, I suggest that you browse through previous posts and threads to get an idea of what we expect in post quality. Proper use of grammar and spelling are also a important factor when posting. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to PM myself or another moderator.[/FONT]

I guess I was all of those back in HS. I played Lax, Wrestled, and Golfed, all Varsity, so I was a Jock. I wore polos and partied on the weekends, so I was a popular preppy type. I read Comics, watched DBZ, and played Starcraft and Halo and got a 5 on the AP Calc exam, so I was a nerd/geek. I drew comics, including ones for the paper and for fun, aswell as sculpted, so I was artsy. And I posted on Otaku, which I guess made me a jacka$$ to boot. HA!

So I guess I'm a poser too for doing all that crap.

[font=Trebuchet MS][size=2][color=black]ed's girl, I've deleted your two consecutive posts. Double posting, like intro posting, is not allowed here, as you will see if you read the Rules like Stuart directed you to. Also, both posts were off-topic spam. Be aware that (again, as stated in the Rules) continual spamming of the boards is a [b]banworthy offence[/b].
[/color][/size][/font]

I guess I would consider myself a geek: I love DnD, video games(especcially the classic NES franchises, like Rockman), alt rock, anime, etc. It's hard as hell to find people locally who share my interests though. I live in an extremely conservative town, full of jackasses who almost all try to be skater/surfer/punk/cali girl, which is weird because we live in a small North-eastern Texas town. To help you understand how freakishly conservative my town is, in 8th grade my english teacher asked a girl what she would do if she was omnipotent. She said she would put everyone who wants an abortion in prison. Also, my science teacher once said she didn't think Bush was a good president. Literally, everyone in the room gasped except for me and 4 other people. Last week a girl(who's a junior in my freshman english class) asked me, "Are you one of those scientific kids who thinks were here 'cause of evaporation, or sumpn?", after finding out I was atheist.
One day, I hope to move to Canada (or at least far, far away from Texas...)

:animesmil I don't particularly care for groups. i might be considered as a goth/ geek. I just hate it when populars and jocks call you lame. I guess they don't have anything better to do. Then again, looking at the bright side, you do have entertainment: they make themselves look like fools making fun of the same people until their friends get tired of it and consider how lame they are for picking on
people! :animesigh That was a mouthfull. :catgirl:

...Gee.

I'm not really one that cares for stereotypes.

Yet I post here and thusly keep the concept alive.

Why am I always contradicted? And it's almost always me contradicting myself?

Anyway. I'm definitely classified by everyone around me as a quiet artist.

Though there are times when I am quite unquiet. But mostly, yes, I am quiet.

I am certainly not gothic, though I have been mistaken for a wrist slitter. Whether those two are related, I don't know, and I don't have the rights to judge and determine that.

I just stuck it up there because people have tried to put me there. But I have not ONCE attempted suicide in any form or even cutting myself. I don't like pain. Physical or otherwise. There is enough pain in my life on different levels..why the nail would I try to create more for myself?!?!

I hope to be a thespian when I get some more points. I'm a techie. So there's another thing you can shove me in. I'm also a clever visual metaphor used to personify the abstract concept of the conscience.

Long story. Involving a good friend of mine, whom I like to call Thalo. But that's another story entirely.

What else have I been classified as...? Schizo, freak, otaku (gee), drama geek (I've onling been in one clicking play. Crystal meth the nail?), art geek.

I really like music too. I play the violin.

I guess I'm done.

I'm emo. I wear all black, barely show any emotion, write horror and depressing poems and stories, and I have problems with authority. My friends are the same.

My school is ruled by wana-be thugs, posers, rich kids, and jocks. Every teacher likes them but hate goths and emos. I am slowly getting tired of the sterotypes agains us. My gf has already hurt several kids in her Japanese class for talking badly abut goths and emos because she likes how I am (she would be either "weird" or artistic). And I have hurt several people (yes i've enjoyed it). My friend printed lyrics to our bands song "Bury me in Black" he and several band members were called to the principals office (I thanked him for not dragging me into it since i'm the only one with enough potential to get into collge and dont need that on my record). So school is basicly **** on earth for us but we manage. :animesigh

[FONT=Trebuchet MS]Hello,[B] ANTIWORLD[/B]. I'm going to stress the same thing that I stressed to ed's girl.

I'm afaird this post is considered spam. Here at OtakuBoards we stress, and great encourage posts that contirbute to the discussion of the thread's topic, and posts with quality.. Posts that do not contribute to the discussion, or pose no real discussion, such as yours, are considered spam.

I'd like to point out the certain set of Rules that we have here on OtakuBoards, which can be located on the left navigation menu. I strongly advise you to look over them, if you haven't done so already. Also, if you're not quite sure on how the posting system works, or if you need an idea of what we expect in quality, I suggest that you browse through previous posts and threads to get an idea of what we expect in post quality.

Also, double posting is againest the rules. Which you should read up on, but if you're still unclear then feel free to ask a moderator about any questions or concerns. Thanks.[/FONT]

i fall underneath the catagory......outcast. Actually i'm a really popular tomboy, my posse considers themselves ( i consider myself this too) outcasts. we want to be the way we were before. heh, outcasts!

[b][color=DarkGreen][size=1]undead wolf, I've deleted your previous post. Not only was it a double post, it didn't contribute anything to the discussion in hand, and therefore is considered spam. For more detailed explanations of these things, check out mine and Stuart's previous posts in this thread.
[/size][/color][/b] [right][color=DarkGreen][size=1]-Raiyuu[/size][/color]
[/right]

[QUOTE=Al-araaf]I'm emo. I wear all black, barely show any emotion, write horror and depressing poems and stories, and I have problems with authority. My friends are the same.

My school is ruled by wana-be thugs, posers, rich kids, and jocks. Every teacher likes them but hate goths and emos. I am slowly getting tired of the sterotypes agains us. My gf has already hurt several kids in her Japanese class for talking badly abut goths and emos because she likes how I am (she would be either "weird" or artistic). And I have hurt several people (yes i've enjoyed it). My friend printed lyrics to our bands song "Bury me in Black" he and several band members were called to the principals office (I thanked him for not dragging me into it since i'm the only one with enough potential to get into collge and dont need that on my record). So school is basicly **** on earth for us but we manage. :animesigh[/QUOTE]

Um Kid Emo is short for Emotive Hardcore a rock genre kind of Like Grunge that died out in the later 80s and Early 90s.

The Emo you see on T.v. now is MTV junk Emo does not stand for Emotional it has nothing to do with Goth you are Goth not Emo. Its Emotive not Emotional has nothing to do with Black or Red or the Goth Realm.

Emo had nothing to do with Wearing Black I hate kids who wear Black and go I"m Emo no your not thats not emo stop listening to MTV they are ruining your fragile little mind.

Also Nobody is Goth either unless your apart of a Norwegian Celtic Tribe that was destroyed by the Roman empire Thousands of Years ago or you are a Style of writing ex. Frankenstein a Gothic Novel not because it wears black, but because its uses mystery, suspenese, and certain surrounds, Your Also not Goth unless your a style or Archeticture case in Point in the 1800s alot of buildings were built in a Gothic style like Chapels and Houses because of the Gargoyles, and the over hanging skiffs and looming ceilings.

Also what do most of you kids have to be depressed about its like what Chris Rock said most Goth kids alot of them white really have no problems in their lives.

1. Do you live in the Ghetto
2. Do you have to worry about getting shot at home or at school.
3. are you surrounding by drugs and or drug dealers.
4. Do you have to help support your family at a young age.
5. Have you had several family members die in sad or disturbing ways.
6. Are you raising a baby at a young age and/ or expecting one.

If you answer yes to 2 or more of these questions then you have a reason to be sad, sadistic, rude, out of place and touch, lonely, solitary, and/ or emotionless if not buck up you don't have it bad like the rest of us here living in situations like this.
You don't have one excuse for suidice.

I was born in the Ghetto, had to help raise brothers and sisters, have lost friends in Family had a uncle shot up about 5 to 7 times, my hometown is filled with drug pushers and crackheads and I am surrounded by them when I visit, but do you see me commiting suicide, wearing black and being all moody and whiny, no I get up in the morning i may not like it but I know their someone out their whose got it worse than me at least I live in a house and eat everyday do you watch those children in Africa its no joke they live like that.

You live 2 year in Ethopia then you can be emotionless and feel as if their is nothing left to live for.

Guest kuroinuyoukai
[quote name='undead wolf']i fall underneath the catagory......outcast. Actually i'm a really popular tomboy, my posse considers themselves ( i consider myself this too) outcasts. we want to be the way we were before. heh, outcasts![/quote]
I fall into the outcast or maybe nerd category. I've gotten so old now-it doesn't make much difference any more.

Wow, Inuyasha7271.

Thanks for the information on Emotive music. I'm not being sarcastic. =]

Also, you're right about what Gothic means. And I think that words are always evolving such as "Goth" and "Emotive" to have different meanings with the progress of time. So, I don't think Al-araaf was entirely wrong with how he used the words.

Some people say I look Emo, and that's just because I have short dark hair, and sometimes dress like a boy. When I first asked what the hell is "Emo," I was told it was short for emotional. What's up with that? I don't watch MTV or anything, but it seems like it's describing skater-looking kids. "Emotional" doesn't fit, but Emo as a word by itself, sounds like a interesting and catchy word to describe that stereotype.

I hope I'm somewhat exact about how Emo is used... I need to catch up with the times. =/

[QUOTE=visualkei]Wow, Inuyasha7271.

Thanks for the information on Emotive music. I'm not being sarcastic. =]

Also, you're right about what Gothic means. And I think that words are always evolving such as "Goth" and "Emotive" to have different meanings with the progress of time. So, I don't think Al-araaf was entirely wrong with how he used the words.

Some people say I look Emo, and that's just because I have short dark hair, and sometimes dress like a boy. When I first asked what the hell is "Emo," I was told it was short for emotional. What's up with that? I don't watch MTV or anything, but it seems like it's describing skater-looking kids. "Emotional" doesn't fit, but Emo as a word by itself, sounds like a interesting and catchy word to describe that stereotype.

I hope I'm somewhat exact about how Emo is used... I need to catch up with the times. =/[/QUOTE]

Those people are mindless drones they don't know what Emo is their Branch of the understanding of Emo consists My Chemical Romance, Fall Out Boy, Hawthorne Heights, Simple Plan, Yellowcard, and Good Charlotte thats MTV's version of Emo these bands are not Punk or Gothic forget what you heard all lies.

The Real emo hasn't been around for almost a decade and thats Emotive Hardcore kids not Emotional. Contrary to what MTV shovels down your throat with its Pop and Teen Idols Emotive hardcore has nothing to do with wearing black and acting like you have nothing to live for.

Most of the kids who told you this visa are probably Goth posers who probably get most of their clothes from Hot Topic which has shown they are a store for Goth posers and now Nerds with its acquiring of several Anime merchandise like stylish Naruto Headbands and T-shirts and now you to can pimp your hoody with are killer sweet! with are very own FullMetal Alchemist Ed Elric with a stylish Transmutation circle behind him.

So yeah Hot Topic the Goth Poser stop shop.

[SIZE=1][COLOR=Red][FONT=Georgia]Well I go to a huge school so there are all kinds of people. Nerds, Freaks, Goths, Retards,gays, Blacks "africa", and Even the artists, Several Popular Groups and each sport has its own individual Jock Clan. Hell my school has a club for everone. The cool thing is everyone is a poser. EVERYONE. Goth kids going to the happy hands club. Popular kids in the Anime Club and even racists in the BYA club (black youth of america) Its comical, the only thing real is that everyone has like one or two friens and thats it. Its Great I love every minute of It. AHS 06' [/FONT] [/COLOR] [/SIZE] :animeangr

I dont really fall into anything.I'm just me, an anime fan. too bad there isn't much anime fans in my school. anyways, I hang around with just normal people..punks, athletic type kinda preppy, i dunno i get along with anyone that's nice and friendly.I go and talk to sum "loners" too. cuz i like to make them feel comfrtable.. and ilike to hear their problems and actually learn ffrom them.
yup.. that's me...::nodd nodd::