OtakuBoards

Nerds, Goths, Punks, The Popular Kids, etc... What do you fall in?

Shadow Blade

[QUOTE=Inuyasha7271]Um Kid Emo is short for Emotive Hardcore a rock genre kind of Like Grunge that died out in the later 80s and Early 90s.

The Emo you see on T.v. now is MTV junk Emo does not stand for Emotional it has nothing to do with Goth you are Goth not Emo. Its Emotive not Emotional has nothing to do with Black or Red or the Goth Realm.

Emo had nothing to do with Wearing Black I hate kids who wear Black and go I"m Emo no your not thats not emo stop listening to MTV they are ruining your fragile little mind.

Also Nobody is Goth either unless your apart of a Norwegian Celtic Tribe that was destroyed by the Roman empire Thousands of Years ago or you are a Style of writing ex. Frankenstein a Gothic Novel not because it wears black, but because its uses mystery, suspenese, and certain surrounds, Your Also not Goth unless your a style or Archeticture case in Point in the 1800s alot of buildings were built in a Gothic style like Chapels and Houses because of the Gargoyles, and the over hanging skiffs and looming ceilings.

Also what do most of you kids have to be depressed about its like what Chris Rock said most Goth kids alot of them white really have no problems in their lives.

1. Do you live in the Ghetto
2. Do you have to worry about getting shot at home or at school.
3. are you surrounding by drugs and or drug dealers.
4. Do you have to help support your family at a young age.
5. Have you had several family members die in sad or disturbing ways.
6. Are you raising a baby at a young age and/ or expecting one.

If you answer yes to 2 or more of these questions then you have a reason to be sad, sadistic, rude, out of place and touch, lonely, solitary, and/ or emotionless if not buck up you don't have it bad like the rest of us here living in situations like this.
You don't have one excuse for suidice.

I was born in the Ghetto, had to help raise brothers and sisters, have lost friends in Family had a uncle shot up about 5 to 7 times, my hometown is filled with drug pushers and crackheads and I am surrounded by them when I visit, but do you see me commiting suicide, wearing black and being all moody and whiny, no I get up in the morning i may not like it but I know their someone out their whose got it worse than me at least I live in a house and eat everyday do you watch those children in Africa its no joke they live like that.

You live 2 year in Ethopia then you can be emotionless and feel as if their is nothing left to live for.[/QUOTE]

I was given the information i used by my friends. I know the actual meaning of goth. People use the meanings I did because that is all they heard about it or know what society has labeld. Yes I can answer 2 or more of those questons too. Yes I do live in the ghetto. Yes I can walk outside my home and watch a drug deal. No none of my family members died in a gruesome way but my only friend died of a heart attack at the age of 12. Yes I have to worry about being shot too. And it's kind of hard not to be this way when you are a sensitive person and had to watch your mother being abused then you get screamed at over nothing when you were a small child and you try losing your only friend when you had to grow up like that and not feel what I do.

And from what I understood of my friends definition of emo it means an emotional person probly like those bands from the 80's and the more modern band My Chemical Romance. They have songs about suicide, losing the one you love, etc. So the definiton MTV has given is partialy right if not completly.

Society has labeld goth the way it has because of the way the architecture and gargoyals look. Like today many people fear goths like they did gargoyals and the artchitecture may look creepy to some people like goths look to people. So again society has labeled it based on appearance.

Now please dont yell or give me a sarcastic responce because like the first time i'm just using the information I have. And i'm sure there is a better way for me to explain myself and i'm not relizing it right now. HOt TOpic isnt just for goth posers either. They sell things for goth who are actualy goth and not just going with the "look" and people who like anime shop there because Hot Topic has alot of cool anime merchandise ( not qouting Inuyash7271 on that statement). And for the record I HATE THE POSER GOTHS, AND I AM NOT A POSER. I can see Chris Rocks reasoning for saying that and you for quoting him. And what society has labeled is what most people will think no matter the actual definition. And Emo was like that and will always be considered what it was in the 80's by some but times change along with societys labels. I know that is probly a dumb way to put it but its true.

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[QUOTE=Al-araaf]I was given the information i used by my friends. I know the actual meaning of goth. People use the meanings I did because that is all they heard about it or know what society has labeld. Yes I can answer 2 or more of those questons too. Yes I do live in the ghetto. Yes I can walk outside my home and watch a drug deal. No none of my family members died in a gruesome way but my only friend died of a heart attack at the age of 12. Yes I have to worry about being shot too. And it's kind of hard not to be this way when you are a sensitive person and had to watch your mother being abused then you get screamed at over nothing when you were a small child and you try losing your only friend when you had to grow up like that and not feel what I do.

And from what I understood of my friends definition of emo it means an emotional person probly like those bands from the 80's and the more modern band My Chemical Romance. They have songs about suicide, losing the one you love, etc. So the definiton MTV has given is partialy right if not completly.

Society has labeld goth the way it has because of the way the architecture and gargoyals look. Like today many people fear goths like they did gargoyals and the artchitecture may look creepy to some people like goths look to people. So again society has labeled it based on appearance.

Now please dont yell or give me a sarcastic responce because like the first time i'm just using the information I have. And i'm sure there is a better way for me to explain myself and i'm not relizing it right now. HOt TOpic isnt just for goth posers either. They sell things for goth who are actualy goth and not just going with the "look" and people who like anime shop there because Hot Topic has alot of cool anime merchandise ( not qouting Inuyash7271 on that statement). And for the record I HATE THE POSER GOTHS, AND I AM NOT A POSER. I can see Chris Rocks reasoning for saying that and you for quoting him. And what society has labeled is what most people will think no matter the actual definition. And Emo was like that and will always be considered what it was in the 80's by some but times change along with societys labels. I know that is probly a dumb way to put it but its true.[/QUOTE]

Actually Emo has nothing to do with Death or suicide look it up I mean comeon its Emotive Hardcore not Emotional not Suicidal not Fatal.

Emotive it makes you wanna get up dance pogo and mosh with your buds at the concert not sit around all moody and probably rock or sway to the music. Alot of 80s Bands were either Punk or Pop or New Wave there a good amount of Emotive Hardcore rockers, but not alot and they aren't that rememberable thats why MTV was able to use the term how they felt because alot of people didn't remember Emo for being Emotive now they think it means Emotional when it doesn't.

My Chemical Romance is more like a Pop like version of Goth and H.I.M. is kind of that way also.

[COLOR=MediumTurquoise][FONT=Comic Sans MS]OK, here's my deal...
I look like I'm black, but after my blood test, i discovered I'm (from greatest to smallest) Indonesain,White, native american,and the African American! So my freinds choose my "color" by how I act. I con't intentionally act white but I skateboard listen to rock music, and do normal things that a 13 year old teen would do and i also only went ut with white girls. So all of my black freinds tease me because i'm sorta different! So i guess I fall in the catergory of cool kids because my freinds are really the coolest boys in the. :animesigh So you all ssee, I'm just Weird! But cool. (Hahaha)
~darkartic[/FONT][/COLOR]

I love being the type who can't be stereotyped. Being such a unique induvidual is nice. Being a stereotyped person would almost suck since well your almost a statistic in a sense. And Btw whoever posted about hot topic... They do actually have some decent band shirts in there and in no way am I gothic or wannabe gothic or anything to that sorts.

WEll, at my school, it is a girls school. That is not the least of my worries! No! No! It's also a black majority school, and I live in London, England, so that means that EVERYONE wants to go to America, :animeshy: and they are all first generation black british, and I'm second, so I've intergrated with English life! :animecry:

There are wannabes, wannabes, and more wannabes! :animecry: I am the outcast, geek, nerd. :animestun Yeah. I don't fit anywhere, and I deal with it.

Oh yeah! I also gravely suffer from depression, and am a TAD suicidal at times! Yeah! :animesmil

[color=DarkGreen][size=1][b]Drausinus, I've merged together your two consecutive posts. In future, please refrain from double posting (as requested in the [url="http://www.otakuboards.com/rules.php?"]Rules[/url]), instead use the EDIT button in your post's bottom right corner.
[/b][/size][/color] [right][size=1][color=DarkGreen]-Raiyuu[/color][/size]
[/right]

[quote name='Al-araaf']But like I said it may have been like that once but societys labels change.[/quote]

[size=4][color=slategray][font=chiller]True.

If this was in a true of false question, the answer would be true.

At any rate I have a friend who sees everyone in three different shades of colors. He believes that there are only three types of people:

Christians
Jews
Samaritans

Where he got the weird theory is beyond me.

But come to think of it, it really makes you think don't it ?[/font][/color][/size]

Guest sesshysgirl
i fall in the mofia catagory. yes we have the mofia at my school. no we dont beat people sensless cuz the principle already came to talk to our group. if we do our hats will be banned. how sad :animecry: we need our hats, they're so pretty!well ne ways......

Guest The Assassin
I think I fall into the category of a geak. I love games and computers and I'm not that popular at school. I agree with most of what you said about each stereotype but not all people under a certain category have all the traits you listed. But otherwise the majority do; or at least the ones I know.

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]I think that I mosly fall into the nerd group because all I talk about is usually anime, manga and video games. But, I think that that's okay because I wouldn't want to be in the popular kid's group anyway. I mean, really, who wants to act like a [/FONT] [I][FONT=Comic Sans MS]prep[/FONT][/I]?? [FONT=Comic Sans MS]I know that I really DON'T want to be like that, all giggly and hyper... ew...[/FONT] :animedepr

On first instinct I'd say I'm different, but not one person is like the other, so in reality none of us are truly unique. Hmm I'm not sure... I really hate labeling people, but seeing as I'm commeting on this thread, I guess I must choose a category to place myself.
In my school there are the following labels:
Poser (a wannabe person who changes constantly)
Geek (anybody in a technical computer class [programming, infosystems, robotics])
Punk (skateboarders etc.)
Hippies (you get the drift)
Emo
Jock
2 types of preps
prep 1 (just a total idiot, boy crazy, etc.)
prep 2 (a smart person acting like a prep 1) <----people like that should be shot :animeangr
and finally the "x" group (people who really don't fit in ANY category)

based on these, I'd have to say I'm a geek. I've taken all the possible computer classes in my school and I'm on the Robotics Team :animeswea but then I have an artistic side to me and I love to write, read, and draw. So getting to the point, I guess I'm an Artistic Geek. :animestun

Well... I just got into highschool (meaning I'm freshman), so I don't know everything about the school I'm going to yet.

So... I've never really been in a group. I've always just had three or four friends in a school, I've always basically been ignored by everyone else. I guess I'm... the odd one out.

But I've got friends, which is better then having none at all. I'm the artist crazy one, and my group of friends is basically just weird in their own way, none of us is the same. That's what makes it so much fun.

But... I hate the populars, which isn't very fair, because a lot of people are popular, be it by good or bad reason, so...

I don't like the preppy people, they're just... so annoying. Ruling the school (or thinking they can), gossiping, being backstabbers... Well, that's how it was at my old school. Not that all preps are bad.

And... Well, I guess I don't like the posers too... It can get kind of annoying...

I'm in college..so who cares...ermmm what was that I go to a computer school....?

Damn...that makes me a geek of types I suppose...but I'd be proud of whatever I'd call myself...and it does change once in a while.

On a side note...I find Goth/ punk girls pretty damn hot....so...SWARM TO ME LADIES! SWARM!!!!!!

heh...I'm here to entertain Chibi. I'm not really labeling the girls more like saying if you dres like them and in some cases act like the 'stereotype' then I find it a bit attractive or intrueging.

Ladies...the whole depressed Goth girl act...not attracting anyone...I know you may not be doing it for that purpose but let's face it...the majority does that just to get attention. I'll say right now...the nice guys don't want a depressed nearly suicidal girlfriend

I would probably fall in the line of peopole who dont really care, those cliques at school are absolutly stupid. Hardly anyone is happy in one group and wanna move to the others while their friends are rude as hell about it. I'm a senior now and see this every day which gets annyoing (got annoying since I was a freshamn as well). I pretty much have a group of friends from each catigory so I guess I'm the "normal guy" or something like that.

Some girls who are goth or punk do look good not alot of them I still don't get the labeling people do to themselves. I never really understood it myself really no one at my schools has a label besides the jocks and a few popular people really nothing else.

On a side note whats with the girl saying shes mafia and mispelling it saying mofia I doubt you are it if you can't spell it its a logical fact don't say or pose to be what you can't spell.
I seriously doubt you are with a mafia especially one at school talking about pretty hats not mafioso I doubt anyone you know has ever killed someone or tortured someone or ran a underground operation.

[COLOR=Navy][SIZE=2][FONT=Trebuchet MS]Wow, another year at school has gone by and I [I][B]still[/B][/I] have no clue what category/steriotype(sp?) I fall into.......
Not really much has changed since last year(except no I'm not a smelly little Freshman and I bought a bass guitar!))I'm still obnoxious and wierd. I hang out with prety much EVERYONE, and some how, by powers of which [B][I]NEVER[/I][/B] will be fully understood, I still get really(we're talking A- and up) good grades....It's wierd. I put absolutly [B][I]no[/I][/B], I repeat [I][B]no[/B] [/I] effort into school, whatsoever....Oh well, maybe someday I'll finally solve the mystery of which category I fall into....[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#004a6f]Hmm, I finally decided to read this thread after hearing so many complaints about it in the suggestions forum.

Like a tonne of people here have said, I don't like labels. The way I see it, these school stereotypes are just a replacement for other forms of discrimination, like racism. Racism isn't normally tolerated in our society anymore, so people just pull another form of human division from their pockets and start the vicious cycle of discrimination again.

Each person is unique, and dividing people into groups simply because of the way they dress or their intrests is just plain wrong.

Hmm, I like sports, despite being quite bad at them. I love working on computers, I love anime and the japanese culture, I love classical music, and I play an instrument, I like working with clay, and I like Harry Potter. I love wearing black, but I also love bright sunny colors like lime green and orange.

You can't really find a single label for this can you? The same goes for everyone else.[/COLOR]

[SIZE=1]Hmm.. that's a tough one. I guess I fall into the nerd/jock label. Heh... Strange, but true. I don't like 'showing off' though, I'm a bit to shy for that XP And I'm not a TOTAL genius, just a little bit above average. So if there's a name for that, that's what I am.[/SIZE]

::scratches head:: Hm...Being a Sophmore in High School now, I've been called alot of different things (goth, punk, Poser because I don' t shop at Hot Topic and such like everyone else in the world, etc). We really don't have defined stereotypes in my school though. Many times they either meld together or cross each others boundaries.

I guess that I would be...more of the independant loner-type person who doesn't give a flying hoot about all the junk that goes on and only hangs out with a select few people that aren't completely fake and annoying. I really don't know, I just do my own thing.

[FONT=COURIER NEW] I don't normally like to be labeled and find such things to be quite funny, but I thought this was a good topic to discuss.lol. Although my school is much too small for such things (we don't have anything but a basketball team) but we do indeed have preps and such. I happen to fall under the label: Class clown or loser, which explains my username.lol. I'm a Junior in high school now and since my freshman year I never really cared what people thought of me, but it was quite funny to see how many labels I've actually been labeled under. They've called me punk, loser, geek, dork, clown,etc. all of which seem to fall under: Loser, so in other words they're all pretty much the same to me anyway.lol. I guess High School just couldn't be High School if there were'nt any labels.[/FONT]

The only group I fall into at school is my own. I don't hang out with anyone, nor do I hardly ever talk to anyone. I don't have any friends and I'm not good at even trying to make one. I'm not emo enough to be emo (though I make fun of myself this way), nor am I goth enough to be goth (though I do like Bauhaus and lots of gothic bands), and I'm only "nerdy" because all I think about is pretty much Soul Calibur and .hack.

When I am with my friends (who are all at a different school), I'm a completely different person. I'm still what I described above, without the loner part, but much more talkative and spontaneous. I prefer to call my group the MPOS; Mega Peachy Outsider Squad. There's also the FANS, and Pandora in a Box (my band).

That's my label.

By the way, there's absolutely no such thing as a poser/poseur. You can't critisize someone for being themself. And yes, everyone in the whole would is as individual as anyone can be. Hopefully everyone has the good sense to do what they like and not what they don't like (just for a label). If someone wants to call themself gothic, I say they have all the right to. Emo, the same, prep, the same, whatever. If they want to be that, then they're individual because they like who they are.

The end.