OtakuBoards

Nerds, Goths, Punks, The Popular Kids, etc... What do you fall in?

Shadow Blade

Guest AnimeFire03
Um, well, I guess you could call me a prep. But I am not entirely one. I am not a bitchy ***** yet like all the preps in my school are. But I guess I am also considered a freak cuz I never talk to anyone I don't know. In fact, I think I am only classified as a prep for the way i dress. In my school I guess that's really what matters. That and looks. No one could really give a damn who you are in the inside. But all my friends are like that though, you know, they care about how I act and who I am.

Here are what the people in my school are like and how the dress:

1) Preps- category: most common. They dress in the latest styles, and are rather stuck up depending on they're amount of friends.

2) Goths- category: some. They wear mostly black and paint their fingernalis that color. They also wear alot of jelly bracelets. Thet don't really talk to people who aren't gothic like them, but they will sometimes to preps, and sometimes they have preps who are friends. But those are the bitchy preps. If you talk to them, they will most likely ***** you out.

3. Punks- category: many. They wear old-skool shoes, and have peircings; quite a few, actually. They are the ones you don't want to mess with.

4) Nerds- Category: few. They dress normally. They are usually the ones who are the ones who raise theirs hands the most in class, and get alot of A's easily.

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would say that i am a punk/normal. Im not in that pimpin crowd of gangstas and rappers. Im also not a goth. I guess im a punk cause i wear rock band shirts and vans and i like to shop at hot topic which by the way has the best shirts ever,also i like to skateboard and snowboard. Im quite normal though ok maybe im a little crazy. Well im in all honors and on the Baseball team and im kinda quiet. Then when you talk to my friends they'll tell you that i am crazy and do crazy things(I didnt throw the neighbors reflectors in the woods on perpose! :shifty: ). I make jokes about things all things even in the worst situation. I also may shout out random things at random moments.
Oh and one more thing Hello! this is my first post.

[quote name='Hobo Bob']I guess im a punk cause i wear rock band shirts and vans and i like to shop at hot topic which by the way has the best shirts ever...[/quote] [font=Garamond][size=2][color=SeaGreen][url="http://www.otakuboards.com/showpost.php?p=609322&postcount=7"][u]Ahem.[/u][/url]

And that's all I'm going to say about that.

Stereo types are fine by me. Without them our society would cease to exist, at least the society found in any high school. The reason I didn't mention college is because although stereotypes still exist, collegiates tend to be more accepting towards those who are different. Usually. Stereotypes help bring order to what would be either a chaotic or completely mundane existance.

Even though I'm okay with the existance of stereotypes, there are plenty o' which I cannot stand or even tolerate. Number one on my list would absolutely have to be the jocks/preps. They are both filed under the same category in my book as the differences between the two are not a deffinative black and white, but rather a smeared grey.

I believe that mc chris' description of jocks in his song "Geek" is the best that I've heard. It goes, "..." actually, since it's not 13 years or under appropriate, I'll let those old enough to look it up do so.

I would cosider myself an "Enlightened Technophilic Non-conformist." If you have any questions on what that exactly means, just type "Mr. Maul, wtf, mate?" in the subject line of your next post in this particular thread, and hopefully I would have had enough sleep to answer you, seeing as how it is pretty late here.

I plan to add to my thoughts and criticize the thoughts of others once I have been well-rested.[/color][/size][/font]

I'm really just me, but if we're going for stereotypes, then here's what I am:

I'm NOT a Goth, but everyone at school thinks I am. I'm a male with long hair, I wear everything from jeans (mostly black) to camouflage shorts to pants covered in chains and D-rings and stuff. I always wear armbands (I prefer leather ones with spikes) or armwarmers of somesort.

I'd say that the subculture I fall into is metalhead. I've got long hair and always wear metal bands on my T-shirts.

But if you wanted to be technical, I guess to your average highschooler, I'd be a quasi-goth nerd metalhead. Or as the ones who have no idea who I am and have never spoken to me before, "the creepy goth kid".

I prefer metalhead though.

[SIZE=2][FONT=Times New Roman]Oooh, This is a good one...

At our school, it is currently ruled by Popular Kids, if that is what you want to call them... I just call them annoying. Although, it would seem that Goths/Punks are taking over slowly. There were absolutely NONE until my 10th grade year, now you see them quite often.

When it comes to myself, I fall into a few categories. I fall into Goth, Punk, Nerd, and Popular. I don't know how that works, but it's true. I do both of the Goth and Punk, so I am a Gothic Punk... I am referred to as Keitaro (Love Hina) in many aspects, and I am liked by people from all differant types. I don't know, I don't really like to be placed into one group, so this may explain how I fall into a LOT of them. :animesigh

Im also called a nerd for the fact my locker is always stocked with Manga. :animeswea [/FONT] [/SIZE]

[color=darkviolet]Wee! My first post in nearly a week and my first one being 24 as well. By the way, thank you for everyone who pmed me to say Happy Birthday. :animeshy:

Okay, now on to the subject. I say that I'm the odd girl out at my new job. I'm also older than a lot of the people who work there.

I can quite possibly class the people who work on both sides of my line. We have wanna be gang bangers (including a kid that they call Slim... :animeswea ) nerds, and some off the wall guy who has blue hair and has a CD of Christian Punk... maybe that's what he is??

THere are 'hippies' and my friend Iris who wears PJs to work if you dare her. There are 'preps' there are the 'jocks and the really nasty snooty people who work in the office and look down on the people (such as my self) who work in the ware house. One day I will punch that girl in the face.... but that's another story... we don't have all day here.

Okay I'll leave now.[/color]

But not all people think so. Some of the popular girls think i am a poser. Now that gets to me. Cuase im really not i really see my self as an average person. But no one but my friend 's Really know what i am. Suer i may have my crazy jiper moments........alot :animeshy: . But besides that i really dont know but i just think im a ordinary teen age girl! :raspberry

i follow no sterio types. i like rock, alt. rock, some country, no rap. i love to play basketball and football. i love manga and also have one with me at school. and i wear a bunch of different styles ( i wear smaller and larger shirts, i wear jeans, kakies, and basketball shorts and i have both expensive and inexpensive shoes.) i am my own person :animesmil

hey my names corey too!

well lets see i fall in with the popular crowd
i was starting quarterback my junior and senior year of highschool
i a closet otaku my gf who i live with doesnt even know

i guess im the guy who people expect to be a stuck up jerk but ill hang with anybody
thats how i got into anime

also something unique about me im 1/2 irish 1/2 korean

Guest UsagiYouko23
[COLOR=Lime]I'm whatever.[/COLOR]I'm mainly classified as the goth, tomboy, intellectual, artist type. But the thing about the classifications is that they are just plain stupid! God, if you think about everyone has something that makes them stand out and people shouldn't be shipped with a group just because of that. :genius: In my school we all try to group together but end up splitting because of these stupid set-ups! I mean in all honesty my friends are from both sides the popular and the bottom of the food chain and we all get along just fine, yet these stupid popular kids just try to walk all over them and it gets on my last nerve! :mad: And then I'm stuck trying either protect them or get my friggin' butt kicked by a group of crazed jocks which really pisses me off! So basically the classes are okay just don't start unnessisary stuff. Now that's what I gotta' say so what ever. :hippy:

My school is different with the whole stereotype thing. We have the Posers/wigers, Punks, Jocks, Dumb kids (kids in special ed), nerds, losers, and people with lisps( I don't wanna say what they are, but you should know). Now most of the time people are friends with people in other groups, Like I have friends from every group. Now you may be thinking what happened to the popular kids, they are either jocks or punks pretty much. I would be considered a loser, since I spend most of my day watching anime and playing video games. Then again if people knew what I was thinking I would probably be considered a goth. It seems like it depends on where you live that determines your groups in school.Personally I am one of those types that doesn't give a [blank] about people think about me, specifically the more popular kids.

here's how it happens i my world, preps,skaters,dorks and nerds. I have friends and
allies in all of them, though i'm looked down upon by the preps because i wrestle(most of the skaters wrestle, if your wondering). but none of the groups really affect me(besides the preps who destroy the reputation i don't have). ;)

Yeah, I kinda hate stereotypes too. But I seriously hate jocks! I dont do any type of sport and I'm part of my schools technology club. I'm a nerd or dork or whatever. But jocks enjoy to take that way to far. But I'm not the violent type, so I try to be nice even though they treat me horribly. But I do have friends though. I cant even stick up for myself, so I'm pretty lame. My friends help me out alot though. But posers? They are stupidly funny at my high school. I cant hate them, yet I cant like them either. I dont like popular kids either. In fact, they can all rot in #%&*!!!!! But I like goths though. Most of my friends are gothic and I like the color black. Alot. But I feel that I would fall under the character of nerds and goths. Yeah.

Back in school i went from nerd to geek to cool to stoner.
In college i hung with the "alternative crowd" the punks and goths by and large.
This then changed as me and other people who were often said to "YA WIIEEERRD!" Formed our own group of general outcasts.
Im in the same group now and we dont fit into any catagory but we are all characters:
example: =P

[url]http://storage.msn.com/x1ppSgAnYivbDlvjn6-1bjLbu2RW7pUQIk_62--HVL6caKTRRKuYokXV8jPiWJa97ymPd0TaZOTJD3KdYE2gmux1EnCHhRfF_WDZ1Y4aTDZcPuOk5eddINJOg[/url]

[url]http://storage.msn.com/x1ppSgAnYivbDlvjn6-1bjLbu2RW7pUQIk_62--HVL6caLWiC8rOW7DNGxksdZKMajW4cCT0zdveD-ujPaaANHzjQx2Pc5jg74Tt6hdVdpoMMBWapbIqFq3P_WPlsuY_OYNpg-v8ZbIwPPCIwmRKnkA8Q[/url]

• 1 month later...
[quote name='Docbatman']You know? i'm not really sure where i fall anymore. I'm not with the jocks, the posers, the goths, or the nerds. I tend to float around to where i want to. In fact i think that that's what everyone should do. be cool like me[/quote]

[size=4][color=slategray][font=chiller]This year I don't think I fall in any catagory,

However according to my band of outkasts I'm a nerd, just becasue this year I'm quiet, talk only when there is no escape, and because I just started to cram the books.[/font][/color][/size]

Im somewhat punk goth. I dont have black hair but Im going to dye my light brown hair black when Im older. I dont want to be a Satanist though. I hate em. Im a pure Russsian Orthodox and Ill never change. I draw Yaoi pictures sometimes since in most of my classes I sit in the back of class. I listen to Led Zeppelin, OK Go, Gorillaz, and others. Mostly Rock. So Feh :animeangr

Not many kids at my school are goth but I know a few. Not Satanists though. Maybe there are more in High School *sigh* 2 more years till that...(7th Grade scks)

[color=DimGrey]Ok, while I refuse to label my self (Considered goth/punk/emo) I would like to address the fact Nikoalie thinks goths have to be satanists, this is just not true. A lot of them are atheist or wiccan, but there are also christian goths. relegion has to standing on your "gothic-ness"[/color]

[quote name='Decadence][color=#d00000']Ok, while I refuse to label my self (Considered goth/punk/emo) I would like to address the fact Nikoalie thinks goths have to be satanists, this is just not true. A lot of them are atheist or wiccan, but there are also christian goths. relegion has to standing on your "gothic-ness"[/color][/quote]
I was saying in terms as that because most people think that goths are satanists.

PS. Communist Avvies rock :animesmil

[COLOR=DarkRed]I don't really know what category I fit into... I try to disasociate myself with steryostypes, mostly because I don't fit into one.

I guess I'm partly jock, because I'm into violent sports - I'm the local enforcer on my Hockey Squad - and love to get into fights and other such n' such. A large portion of my life revolves around hockey - no other sports, really, just hockey - so I guess I'm 1/5th jock.

I'm also a rocker. I love rock N' roll. I'm not the typical image of a long-haired-freaky-person, but deep down I am. From hard rock ([I]Not Metal[/I]) to folk-rock, I love it all. I can be air-guitar-jamming to Deep Purple one minuits and be solmly humming along to Bruce Cockburn the next.

I guess the biggest part of me is Nerd. I know too much for my own good. Whereas most people my age struggle to locate Canada on a map, I know as much (If not more than) most of my teachers on many subjects. Current events-wise, I know considerably more than most. Whereas most people think of George Bush as 'Some Guy', I can easily name his faults and achievments ( :animesmil ).

Guess thats about it for me. I'm a rocking nerd who really likes sports.
[/COLOR]

[QUOTE]
PS. Communist Avvies rock [/QUOTE]
[COLOR=DarkRed]
Vive Les Revolution!

P.S Goth Chicks [SIZE=2]are[/SIZE] [SIZE=1]scary[/SIZE][/COLOR]