OtakuBoards

What would you choose Love or your Dreams?

WhiteAoiFox

Here are my 2 cents.

Dreams are futile. Once you think you have obtained them, life slaps you with a cold fist and brings you back to reality. In this lifetime I have seen how my dreams have crumbled into the nothingness. The main cause for this was love. Love is an illusory concept as well. If ignored or mistreated, love can hurt the deepest of your soul.
Once you realise that your dreams are impossible to reach, those dreams will collapse into disappointment. Once you realise that your love is pointless, it will collapse into the disappointment as well.
This gentlemen, I say from experience. In my mind, dreams and love are nothing but illusions, why should I choose from illusions if illusions are not real? I then choose none of them, for my soul has been hurt already and does not wish to be hurt any longer.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ShadowAngel
if i had to choose between love or my dreams i really wouldn't want to pick either. i've been hurt by love so many times i've come to the conclusion that there isn't love for me. my dreams all shattered to pieces so i don't like to dream. but my dream of a better tomorrow is the only thing that keeps me going and if that dream were to crumble, i would see it useless to live. i really wish to believe in love, but it's so hard when all you have is one-sided love. nobody loves you back, nobody even cares, that's the worst feeling to ever have been felt for me. i'm totally fine with never having to feel another person's love for me because i'm happy as long as they're happy and although it'll hurt my heart in the end i don't mind having it break a few more times for the sake of my loved ones. even though i have a dream, i know it's going to fall apart soon so i tend not to care. so back to the question, i said i rather choose neither but now that i think about it... i would choose love because my need to protect my loved ones is too great and to me, i could never deny that urge to make sure others are happy. i've felt so much pain and i never want to see my loved ones feel that same pain as long as i can protect them from it

• 2 weeks later...
Guest kuroinuyoukai
I really don't know-I agree with Namura. I just go with the flow. i have never been in love and actually I have never dated. Sure, i've been asked, but I didn't think i wanted love until now. Although I have a lot of dreams, but i know it is up to fate what happens.

• 2 weeks later...
I respect that everyone has different opinions but what if you do achieve your dream then suddenly realise you've given up the love of your life? It would feel so empty. Both dreams and love are important to me but I do know that love lasts for a lot longer. If someone truely loves you then they'd support you in achieving your dreams and vice versa.