OtakuBoards

What would you choose Love or your Dreams?

WhiteAoiFox

[quote name='cecelia rose][COLOR=Green']wait.... so you'd be willing to go with the flow, be a follower, and starve, die, or whatever... what if the "everyone" u care so much for, were back-stabbers, betrayers, and leeches?? sometimes being independent has its benefits! :p and i am totally taking what u said outta contex! :D [/COLOR][/quote]
But they're not. Everyone in this world is not out to get you. There are good people.

Yet again, not independent. [B]ALONE.[/B]

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[QUOTE=Morpheus]But they're not. Everyone in this world is not out to get you. There are good people.

Yet again, not independent. [B]ALONE.[/B][/QUOTE]
[COLOR=Green]i dunno... i beg to differ, although everybody isnt out to get you, there are some ignorant ppl out there who will ruin your life so fast. people are only people, and they can, and sometimes will, ruin your life. so i'd rather be without those type of people.[/COLOR]

Is there really a choice here? For people who want to be with the love of their life. Isn't that in itself a dream? For those who really want love in their life there is not much of a choice as that is part of what their dreams are. If you are totally sacrificing your dreams for love is it true love? I can't imagine being with someone who would expect me to give up my dreams, it would be as if they wanted me to leave part of my very soul behind to be with them. I think that is totally selfish. And I feel the same way for any guy I consider being with, if I am to marry him, to a certain extent what right do I have to expect him to give eveything up for me?

I'm proably not explaining this very well, but, I think love and dreams are in many ways the same. If I am giving up love, it's becuase it wasn't true love in the frist place. To give up my dreams, would to be giving up on who I am, and that's something I can never do.

[QUOTE=SunfallE]Is there really a choice here? For people who want to be with the love of their life. Isn't that in itself a dream? For those who really want love in their life there is not much of a choice as that is part of what their dreams are. If you are totally sacrificing your dreams for love is it true love? I can't imagine being with someone who would expect me to give up my dreams, it would be as if they wanted me to leave part of my very soul behind to be with them. I think that is totally selfish. And I feel the same way for any guy I consider being with, if I am to marry him, to a certain extent what right do I have to expect him to give eveything up for me?

I'm proably not explaining this very well, but, I think love and dreams are in many ways the same. If I am giving up love, it's becuase it wasn't true love in the frist place. To give up my dreams, would to be giving up on who I am, and that's something I can never do.[/QUOTE]

I see where you are coming from. I understand what you are trying to say. Sometimes it's hard though to not give your dreams and sometimes it is easy, for both of you to try to forfill your dreams, but in some case sometimes a dream will always stay a dream. but you have your whole life to forfill it, just dont take too long to do it. Life sometimes is too short. :catgirl:

[quote name='cecelia rose][COLOR=Green']wait.... so you'd be willing to go with the flow, be a follower, and starve, die, or whatever... what if the "everyone" u care so much for, were back-stabbers, betrayers, and leeches?? sometimes being independent has its benefits! :p and i am totally taking what u said outta contex! :D [/COLOR][/quote]
[COLOR=DarkOliveGreen][SIZE=1]Yes, I think people are taking what he said out of context.

I think he meant, in the context of this thread, that he would rather live with the one he loves, even if they have nothing else but that love, than live alone with everything that you ever dreamed of in your life.

And I agree with him. I don't want to live alone in my deam house. I'd rather have a simple house with someone I love.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[color=#737373]I think you can take this question in two ways. I mean...I guess my dreams of a perfect life involve a career that I love [i]and[/i] a relationship with someone who I am deeply in love with. Having both would obviously be totally ideal.

But if I had to choose, say...a perfect career with all the best material posessions, or if I could just live normally but have the perfect partner for me?

I'd probably have to choose the latter. Loves can come and go, [i]but[/i] presumably we're talking about a "true love" here. In that case, if I could just live as I do now but have a true love...that would probably be perfect.

But having said that, I think that someone you love wouldn't restrict you from achieving things in your career and other areas anyway. So it's definitely hard to answer the question. If being in a perfect relationship stopped me from accomplishing my other dreams...I'd have to ask how perfect that relationship really is.[/color]

[color=magenta]Most definaltly I would choose "love" over my dreams.[/color]

[color=magenta][/color]
[color=magenta]I mean dreams you can accomplish anytime or anywhere, depending which dream you [/color]
[color=magenta]desire.[/color]
[color=magenta][/color]
[color=magenta]But with me, i would travel for love. Because i want a special someone that[/color]
[color=magenta]can make me feel special. I would want this more than any dream!!:love2: :love: [/color]
[color=magenta][/color]
[color=magenta][/color]
[color=magenta]TwoMoons[/color]

[quote name='kenshinsbabe']This is a tough decision...I've been called a dreamer and a romantic before, and both dreams and romance are important to me. If push came to shove, I would choose love over dreams. Dreams can be torn apart, but as long as I have my true love with me, I could withstand any hardship. *sigh* Someday, my prince will come...lol[/quote]

[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Not to sound mean or anything but I rather not be the princess hopelessly waiting for her prince. That's rather pathetic and I rather have my dream than the love of my life. A dream is fragile and needs to be taken care of with hope of becoming a reality. If the love of my life asked me or tried to get me to give up my dreams, I'd push him away and tell him, "Get the hell outta my life!!"

I'm very passionate about my dream and at one point of my life my dreams were the only thing that kept me going. *light chuckle* If anything I'd rather be the prince. I know I can live happily by myself with my dreams, but I know for sure I won't be happy without them.[/FONT] [/COLOR]

[SIZE=3][FONT=Georgia]I didn't mean it as what you put it as. I just meant that I would let go of everything I ever dreamed of to be with my true love. I don't like the idea of being a helpless princess, trapped and waiting for someone to save me. But if I were to give up my dreams, that's kinda what I'd be, wouldn't it? But with my love, not alone, just without anything but him.[/FONT][/SIZE]

• 3 months later...
[quote name='YoriChan']I'd choose love.[/quote]

YoriChan, as it stands now your post is considered spam. On the OtakuBoards we have a high standard of posting quality. You need to explain why you would chose love over your dreams. Just saying love does not contribute to the conversation at hand. Please put more effort into your responses.

Due to the lack of quality in your response I am deleting the above quoted post. If you have questions about posting quality please feel free to PM myself or any of the other moderators on the site. Thanks and have fun posting!

-Panda

[SIZE=1]Interesting, most interesting.

Given the choice would I choose my dreams or love, well now isn't that quite the conundrum. I suppose like James pointed out it would depend on what your dreams were and how "true" the love you're speaking of would be. If I had to sacrifice all my other dreams in order to actually achieve true love, well I'm not really sure love would be worth it, I mean without your dreams you've really nothing to reach for in life. I mean your dreams mightn't be grandiose or anything like that but they're still your dreams, what you want the very most in life and if getting the perfect wife [in my case] meant that everything I ever wanted in life couldn't happen, well I'm not sure I could stick such a marriage.

Again I have never know true love or anything close to it, so for all I know I could be talking out of my behind, put personally my dreams to me are worth so much that I don't think any love, no matter how perfect would be worth giving them all up for. However in saying that if I achieved all my dreams and had nobody to share them with, it would be a very hollow existence too, I suppose like everyone else I'd like to meet a woman who I genuinely love and be able to achieve a fair portion of my attainable dreams. But if I had to pick one over the other, I'd settle for a woman who I'd enjoy spending the rest of my life with and fulfil all my hopes and dreams, though one of those dreams would obviously be to find the perfect wife.

So yes, quite the conundrum.[/SIZE]

There seems a bit of a misconception here, that for some bizarre reason your dreams are concrete, whereas your idea of who your love is, changes all the time.. And somehow, it's only the love part that ever really hurts.

Well, in principle that's kind of true. As long as your dreams stay as just that- dreams, then they can never hurt you. They make a good refuge from the surrealness of life. But I assure you that when you start trying to follow those dreams, that's when the hurt comes in there too- because you find that no matter what you really, really, dream for in this life, it's going to be hard to get. That's why love hurts- it's about as close as any of us get to actually pursuing a dream, and when the thing we dreamed about us goes against what we want, it really hurts.

And life hurts just as much, when you chase after your "dreams".. It's only the persisent ones, the ones who're willing to not give up hope, that ever achieve what they really want. Hey, they're often the only ones who really know what they want in the first place. I find that dreams are anything but concrete, because when you actually start to pursue them, they change, and you start to realise more of what you wanted or take a sudden change in direction. Or maybe you re-discover what you really want, which you completely forgot about.

You see, dreams and love are almost inseperable- certainly they're the same kind of thing. If you're going to get anywhere with either one, you have to stick at it. If you really love someone, you're going to let them let you down every now and then- because people do that. And if you really want to chase after a dream, you're going to have to cope with disappointment. Disappointment is like the barrier that separates those who might just succeed and those who never will- because those who refuse to keep going due to a guaranteed thing like disappointment, never succeed.

Myself, I want my dreams, all of them, including love, but I want them in my life.. in this gritty, real life, with it's hurts and disappointments. Cos I don't want to get to retirement (a long way away I know) and still be hanging on to some dream which never left the confines of my mind.

Well the way i perceived the question is i can only have one of the two, the love of my life or my dreams. As in i can't say my dreams are to be with the love of my life among other things, that's cheating. Hehe.

Finding the love of my life is definitely part of my dreams. It's actually my most important dream. Heh, so i bet you can guess what i choose. But besides love i also dream about having a great job, being successful, starting a family with the woman i'd love, and inventing a pill that makes junk food good for you! Hahaha. That'd be the sweetest thing ever.

But yeah, if i had to choose between the two, i'd definitely choose the love of my life. To me love is the most beautiful thing a person could ever experience. Of course the question is hypothetical, so you guys that keep sayin' the potential to be hurt is always there, well, it's not. It's hypothetical you guys. The love of your life won't leave you. So yeah, i'd definitely go with the love of my life. Heh, i think i might've found her already though.

Later.

If I had to choose I would keep my dreams. I have no real desire to find the love of my life so to speak. Dreams are the very essence of who I am and no love could ever replace that. Perhaps in the future I would want love, but isn?t that a dream in itself? People long and dream of meeting the perfect love in their life at one point, so by keeping my dreams I not only keep who I am but I can still love if I choose to do so.

If I gave up my dreams, I would be giving up everything and to me that is not love. I could never ask someone to do that for me, nor could I expect someone else to do so for me.

Given the fact that my dreams are what keeps me on my feet in life, strong and determined, i would choose my dreams. But of course a part of it includes finding love and yet it is only a part and not the total picture. My dreams are only meaningful when i have my friends, family and someone special to share them with me. Love in that sense is not a must, but a companionship is what i require. Personally i do not believe in the "the one" search of other people, as i do not believe that there exists a such person. But to dream is to hope, and hopes make us go on...

Guest tasu22889
[quote name='WhiteAoiFox][COLOR=Navy][FONT=Times New Roman]What would you choose your love or your dreams. Why would you choose it and would you regret it later? I have difficulty decided what to choose my love of my life or my dreams. To live in reality or to escape it to save my self from hurt. What would you choose [/FONT] [/COLOR'] :catgirl:[/quote]
hmm..I'll stick with saku...after all..shes the woman of my dreams,lol the angel in hell,lol...I'm the demon on earth,lolher X drew us like that once..it looks awsome,wish i had a scanner...

If I had to choose I would definitely take dreams over love. Maybe it?s because I?m still young or maybe I?m just different, all I know is I really could care less if I met someone and got married or fell in love. It just doesn?t seem important to me right now.

As for my dreams, well I have so many that I can?t imagine ever giving them up. ^_^

[color=darkred]Dreams, definitely. Despite how behind I am in my education, I still want to prove to my mum that I'm not a loser, and that I can and will make it in life. I want to start earning so I can end her financial troubles and let her live a much better life than the bag of shite one that she's stuck in right now, and I'm not going to let any broad get in the way of that. [/color]

Guest ThA LoNe WoLF
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]undefined[/FONT][SIZE=2]undefined[/SIZE][COLOR=DarkGreen]undefined[/COLOR][quote name='WhiteAoiFox][COLOR=Navy][FONT=Times New Roman]What would you choose your love or your dreams. Why would you choose it and would you regret it later? I have difficulty decided what to choose my love of my life or my dreams. To live in reality or to escape it to save my self from hurt. What would you choose [/FONT] [/COLOR'] :catgirl:[/quote]
Wutta trick question i cant answer that. If i pick love than i would be held down unable to dream anymore and if i pick dreams than i would be dyin to find tru love willing to die for it and such. But yea im stuck here witt mai dreams still tryin to find tru love. THERE AINT NO LOVE UNLESS ITZ TRU LOVE!!!!!!!!!! GET IT IN UR HEAD MANN!!!

• 2 weeks later...