OtakuBoards

What is the funniest manga that you have read so far?

WhiteAoiFox

I have read many manga and some were really hilarious and they just made me laugh real hard. I think the one that made me laugh really hard would have to be Eerie Quieere. I spelt that wrong. O well, but that book made me laugh so hard, to see the reaction on their faces when they are face with a conflict that makes them very uncomfotable is hilarious. So tell me what's your favorite funnist manga :laugh:

I have read quite a few manga, Azumanga Daioh was really funny and so is Fruits Basket. But i would have to say one of my favorites is one that i stumbled upon recently which is Ichigo Mashimaro. It's only 3 volumes long and it's kinda an overly cutesy kinda manga about the everyday lives of these 4 girls between the ages of 12-16. But its also hilarious. Plus the creator is a big Radiohead fan and puts in a lot of hidden references to the band which was a nice bonus for me.

Fruits Basket is really funny, i also think Kill me kiss me is funny, though i've only read the first volume so far, Chobits is also funny and embarressing at points, oh oh oh i also think love Hina is so funny :D

Would probably have to be [b]Bremen[/b] for me. It's not just the what you read was funny, but the artwork was hilarious also.

Another manga that I've read that is funny in a more serious way, is [b]Homunculus[/b]. It's funny in a more adult and mature way, but it's still keeps me laughing.

yeah, i'd hafta agree that azumanga daioh and fruits basket are my top 2 funniest.... *thinks* there has to be another one that's made me laugh out loud.... i have a problem remembering all the manga i own cuz i own so much >.<

I guess the funniest manga for me would have to be Megatokyo, even though it's become more angsty and shojo-driven in its storyline, but It makes you feel good seeing the two sides of our world, the gamer-otaku and the anime-otaku. Second to that though has to be my first manga, Ranma 1/2, because every story chapter is so Random, you just have to read it. That and the fact that it's still going strong with about 30+ volumes.....

[SIZE=1]I have to agree with a few people.Fruits Basket is funny.There are just little things that make you burst out laughing.One of my favorite funny things said is in the 5th volume when Kyo and Yuki are arguing and 'jason' a "species of bear" comes up again.

Kyo: [B]"DON'T ACT LIKE YOUR SO SMART!![/B]
Who gives a damn if some bear shows up in a horror movie?!!"

Yuki:"You really [B]are[/B] an idiot"

If you have heard of the I believe they are called "Halloween" movies,this is pretty funny.

Other funny manga's are Tsubasa and FMA.I thought Instant Teen:Just Add Nuts was kinda funny too.[/SIZE]

[quote name='HondaTohru']I think Fruits Basket is the funniest manga I've read so far. ^^ All of the characters have very well developed personalities and it's just really fun to read. There are a lot of funny parts in it. ^^;[/quote]

I would have to agree with Ms. Honda here......Fruits basket is really funny and Love Hina and negima are great too....but they (especially negima) has so much nudity and flying skirts and all that. It doesnt bother me that much though.

[size=1][color=darkred]Azumanga Diaoh, I have red all of them, and currently own all of them, unless they get stolen like my Inuyasha's and Evangelions, which I liked soo much i bought them back just to read them again, after all to fully understand Eva you must read over, and over, and over. Which brings me to realize that Eva is pretty funny to. It is funnieness mixed in with pyhchological horror, Action, character development, and plot development. Inuyasha is pretty funny, but not as funny as Eva or AMD. Azumanga Diah has hilarious characters such as Chio chan. That damn cat is always appearing everywere and biting people. Thats sort of funny.[/size][/color]

Funniest manga??? Azumanga Daioh was probably the funniest. Has anyone ever read Hana-Kimi?? It's a romance/comedy about a girl who gets accepted into a japanese all-boys school (yes, she crossdresses) all because her idol/future romantic interest goes there. It definately makes you crack a few smiles :rotflmao: It's well worth your time to read.

I'm excluding Ranma 1/2 because it will probably always be the funniest manga ever for me no matter what else comes out... (^_^) The funniest manga I've read lately is Happy Hustle High. I highly reccomend it!

Guest Sicone
The funniest I've read if Fruits Basket. All manga have their little funny/awkaward mooments. But Fruits Basket made me really laugh! You don't know what ahppens and each charecter is unique in their own special way. :D

• 3 months later...
I must say, the two funniest mangas ever have to be Fruits Basket (that goes without saying)(Hatsuharu Rocks!) and Gravitation! some parts of that are so funny I was in tears, and often I would be in the middle of class reading, and I would bust out laughing because I couldn't hold it in. Gravitation is so funny that whenever Shuichi does something new, (or Rage o K or Ryuichi) that you want to find a friend and beat them in the head with the book until you can finally come to your senses.

Mine is Chobits. The chapter where Hideki has to buy Chi underwear cracks me up every time. (I'm not being a sikko or anything, i'm just saying). I know everyone else is saying this but Fruits basket is also very funny. Pita-ten is pretty funny too. I don't think anyone else has mentioned that one.

[COLOR=DarkSlateGray][SIZE=2][FONT=Times New Roman]I would defintly have to say that one of the funniest mangas that I have red has defintly got to be Black Cat. It doesnt matter where they would be. If it was in the heat of battle, Driving around town in a car, or balancing over a tiny piece or rope wile you have one of your arms cut off...It is still just plain out funny. They always start joking wile in any kind of situation and I find that both ironic and hilarious at the same time. I mean they cold be out to death and at the last second they would be telling a joke or something before they escape. I cant begin to tell you one of the many hilarious jokes that I have heard from it. That and because it is late and all. However I defintly think it is funny manga. It isnt widely produced yet, but I have herd that Shonen Jump is going ot be distributing it soon.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Er... I don't read too many comedy manga, but I guess I'd have to go with [b]From Eroica With Love[/b]. Some parts of it are really pretty hysterical, although it helps to be familiar with the characters' quirks.

Maki Murakami (Gravitation, Kanpai, Gamerz Heaven) goes overboard from time to time, but so far all of her series have managed to startle me into laughter.

~Dagger~