OtakuBoards

Of Cats and Dogs [PG-L, Minor SV]

Onix

[COLOR=Silver][SIZE=1]

First of all - no, this is not about animals. It's an idea that's popped into my head, a tale of two gangs, a band, romance, and a monkey. No, there is no cross-gang romance, and no, the monkey isn't really a monkey. The Gangs are the Wild Cats and the Stray Dogs, which aren't really gangs. They're just two groups of less-than-well adjusted teens who clash on occasion, and have been dubbed gangs by teachers, elders, and their less rowdy peers.

The Wild Cats are a bit more normal, being "led" by Uchiyama Zeos, a silver-haired punk rocker. He's joined by his best friend, his secret crush, and Bunto, the aforementioned monkey. The Stray Dogs, however, are much more gang-like. The leader, THE Stray Dog himself, is pierced, tattooed, and likes smashing heads, as does his best friend.

I know what you're thinking: "This is just another gang-clash RP, isn't it?" No. No it's not. The gangs exist shortly, because they are soon drawn together by the faculty to finally do something constructive. The Principal's ultimatum: "Do something good for once, or you're all expelled." So, what are these wayward teens to do? They start a band. Which they call (they being Bunto) Cats and Dogs.

Bunto, always the clever one, notices something interesting about the Cats and Dogs - they all embody the Chinese Zodiac, from Zeos, the Wild Cat (Tiger) to Stray Dog...the Dog. Bunto's a monkey, and Imi, Zeos' crush, is very much the Dragon. The Twelve of them will have to fight off the faculty, their rivals, and, most of all, eachother if they want to survive 'til graduation.

Here's a few blurbs for the Cats and Dogs:

The Tiger - Zeos is your typical tiger. He's a rebel with boundless energy, a colourful nature, and more than a little nack for getting in trouble. He also has a bit of an ego. Well, a lot of an ego. However, inside, he's a gentle romantic with a big heart.

The Dog - Inuki (with the kanji for "Dog" and "Spirit") is not a happy young man. He has a defined sense of right and wrong, good and evil, and everything in his world is black and white. His temper is quick to anger, but, sadly, not quick to calm. Aside from his initial anger and distrust, the Stray Dog is an intelligent and protective guy who just needs to loosen up.

The Monkey - Bunto is, like most monkeys, a clever, free-spirited, energetic little guy. He's very smart, but he almost always acts before thinking things through, making him appear foolish, reckless, and insane. Which he kind of is... Bunto is, however, the watcher. He sees everything that happens and knows everything that goes on within his world, though he'd never let it on. Before the joining, he was a Wild Cat.

The Dragon - Imi is a raging ball of fire. She has a boundless spirit, hot temper, and always speaks her mind. She's tough, determined, and more than a little stubborn. She's also the only force on earth that can reign in the Wild Cat himself. She loves to live, loves to get out and do things, and often has to drag the rest of the Wild Cats out off their butts.

The Rooster - Zeos' best friend and "second-in-command" for the Wild Cats, he's a colorful, cocky, caustic SOB. Luckily, he's redeemed by being almost relentlessly optimistic, if far too ambitious for his own good. He mimics Zeos' punk style, even going a step further. He's always convinced he's right, and never backs down from a fight.

The Ox - While he's grouped together with the rest of the lazy, belligerent Wild Cats, the Ox is actually a hardworker, getting along with Imi because of it. He's diligent and meticulous, and may be one of the only Cats or Dogs with a level head on his shoulders, except maybe the Snake and Hare. However, he has their tendency to kind of...explode when he's mad, which makes him a little scary. Still, he's usually docile, and often ends up pulling people apart.

The Snake - Clever, elegant, charming, and romantic, it's a wonder that he even associates with the rest of this twisted lot. However, one thing is clear - the Snake is one of the only things keeping the Stray Dogs from tearing the Wild Cats apart, or vice-versa. He's a skillful negotiator, second only to the Hare, and can always lighten a heavy atmosphere. He's also almost annoyingly beautiful...at least for the other men. Oddly enough, he was a Stray Dog first.

The Horse - The Horse is a Stray Dog, and he belongs with Inuki. The two of them are aggressive, hot-headed, and very rough. Freedom is his forte, as is relentless physical action that he normally shows as violence. He always shows his feelings in any situation, except sadness, and is one of the most passionate, blindly-in-love guys around...when he's in love, of course.

The Hare - Cultured, elegant, and refined, the Hare is another Stray Dog who just isn't. The Snake is his kindred spirit, and the two must constantly battle against the reckless, violent urges of Inuki and the Horse. Brilliant, artistic, and charming, there are few more popular than he. And, just like the Snake, he's rather popular with the ladies due to his looks.

The Rat - The last and littlest of the Wild Cats, she's actually Zeos' younger sister, and the fact that she has managed to work her way into the Wild Cats irks him to no end. She's very bright and happy, ususally keeping the Wild Cats' spirits up alongside Bunto. Just like the friendly monkey, she's clever and even wise beyond her years. Still, she's just a young girl and often has to have Nii-san save her from trouble.

The Sheep - Passive, calm, sweet, and caring, the Sheep really has no place with even the Wild Cats, let alone the Stray Dogs. But her caring nature really is appreciated as she watches out for her reckless "charges". Lucky and loving, she never stays in trouble for any stretch of time, except the current situation. Still, she won't back down or leave her friends behind, because she's great like that.

The Boar - She is...very determined in life, letting nothing stop her. Kind of like a freight train. However, unlike a freight train, she's a happy, fun-seeking young woman, always on the look out for the next party or social gathering, and she usually drags the rest along. Interesting enough, the Horse seems rather smitten with her.

And, since this involves them starting a band, there's musical instruments involved, something that all of them are skilled at. Well, most of them. Some watch from the side lines.

Zeos and Inuki (Stray Dog) are both vying for the position of Lead Singer. Imi has taken up guitar, and Bunto stays back as the Band Manager. They are in need of drums, bass, another guitar, and any other instruments that others can provide. Or, there always space for lights, effects, and maybe even some mix work. The names, appearences, histories, instruments, and such are left for you to choose. Just some basic personality bits and even a little backstory for those I got carried away with...eh heh.

Comments? Feedback? Critics will be shot...um, that last bit was a joke. Criticisms are great.

[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR=Olive][SIZE=1]sounds fun, it seems to be a new RP with some of the oldschool stuff we're use to seeing. The band part reminds me a bit of Kaiken Phrase actually. Anyway, I like the idea and I'd probably post a character for it. I'd like to see how the story plays out, each person exemplifying a certain zodiac. I'm sure some won't get along so well, leading to drama and therefore, an exciting plot. I like it ULX, kudos.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[SIZE=1]Oh my God! You're bringing Imi and Zeos back! I [B]love[/B] you! God, last time I played as Imi was....I dunno how long ago but it was ages.

Anyway, rambling and happy molesting aside.

This sounds like a really good idea, hon, like Kamuro said it's old school RP mixed with a new idea, which is great. The basic storyline is very well thought out and is sure to be very fun to play out. I'm assuming though that Shiren no Shigami is cancelled? Ah well...[/SIZE]

[SIZE=1]I hope he hasn't completely scrapped Shiren No Shigami, I was looking forward to starting, just figured ULX was busy. Anyhow, I did have a question about this RP. Is every spot going to be filled, each zodiac I mean? And if so, how are we to decide the instruments and deeds of those of each "gang"?[/SIZE]

[COLOR=DarkOrange]I, too, find this an interesting concept, even if Zodiacs aren't the [i]most[/i] original concept. ;)

My question is, would it be just interaction between the gangs, or would there also be the subjects of rival gangs and rival bands alike?

And I am strangely tempted to sign up as the Ox and play the bass....XD[/COLOR]

[COLOR=SlateGray][SIZE=1]Well, glad to see that people actually like this so far. Even if the Zodiac thing isn't really original. *sighs* I'm a sucker for cliches sometimes...

In answer to some questions...

[B]Kamuro:[/B] Every spot will, hopefully, be filled. Although I'm awfully tempted to take Bunto...crazy little monkey. The instruments and jobs and such are entirely your choice - it's pretty much first come, first serve.

[B]Ozy:[/B] While I hadn't really thought about rival gangs, the rival bands thing was going to be a plot point. Being the aggressive, egotistical, competetive bastards they all are, they're trying to show that they are THE best ever to hit the world. So, naturally, they're going to come up against some opposition.

And an Ox with a bass sounds cool, actually...[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkOrange][QUOTE=Unborn Lord Xion][COLOR=SlateGray][SIZE=1]
[B]Ozy:[/B] While I hadn't really thought about rival gangs, the rival bands thing was going to be a plot point. Being the aggressive, egotistical, competetive bastards they all are, they're trying to show that they are THE best ever to hit the world. So, naturally, they're going to come up against some opposition.

And an Ox with a bass sounds cool, actually...[/SIZE][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Well, wouldn't rival gangs also mock them for going soft? That would be funny - a gang-turned-band being mocked by their former rivals, and they'd have to choose between behaving themselves and being a band, or protecting their honor and getting kicked out. :D

As for the Ox....

[URL=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v257/OzymandiusJones/jae-69-studio-pbass.jpg]John Entwistle[/URL] - Bassist for The Who, the most crazed, undisputed Kings of Rock and Roll. John was King of Bass. Names: John, Thunderfingers...and The Ox. [/COLOR]

[size=1]Wow, this was a brilliant idea... Kudos to Unborn! (did I spell Kudos right?)
I like how you were able to fit people personalitys with the zodiac, I thought that was pretty cool.

I will for sure be signing-up for this. Not only does the story sounds interesting, but i'm a band geek and music is my thing! *does a really crappy dance and every body scoots away* Plus, I'm a UK fan (The Kentucky wild cats! w00t!) .....

So, is what you have typed in the first post for this thread the main thing, or are you going to explain more about the faculty and stuff?[/size]

[COLOR=SlateGray][SIZE=1][B]Ozy -[/B] Yeah, I suppose rival gangs WOULD mock them...man, Ozy, you're giving me some good ideas for this thing. Thanks muchly. And I totally spaced on Entwisle...heh. The Who are quite awesome, and I thank you (again) for reminding me of that.

[B]KKC -[/B] Yay for music nerds! The main post here isn't going to be the actual Inn post. There will be more added to it, no doubt (especially with Ozy's great ideas), and probably some edits.

Man, two "kudos"s and an "I love you." I'm doing damned good so far.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[size=1][color=#C82356]I applaud your, once again, intelligent and witty RPS. It's sharp and just what I've been looking for. The characters are incredible and quite perplexing, if I could say. All in all, an excellent RPS.

I agree with Delacroix, it is an old school RP blended with a new idea. Almost as if you were perfecting the flaws on an old art.[/size][/color]

[color=navy]I love the idea and I've half done a sign up.

We're supposed to follow the information you put up right? Do we use that info for a personality or make our own?

Its a really good idea. Nice job.[/color]