OtakuBoards

.hack//G.U.

LoneTecko

[B] First of all ignore the tital G.I. it's G.U. it means Grown Up really it's .Hack//G.U. also,Sorry I havent been on everybody but anyway, evan though the PS3, and X-box 360 is commin out don't forget the PS2 it still getting good games this is for the people that played all four .Hack games Bandai has announced that there is going to be a sequal to it's RPG hitter it's called .Hack//G.U., the story takes place in the year 2017 a few years after Kite saved "The World" during the modern time of 2003, time passes "The World" gets updated into a better virtual reality game but if you wanna find out your self go to Cyber Connects website, [url]http://www.cyberconnect2.jp/gu/index.html[/url] and see the video the game is going to be realsed in November again like I said: This is for ALL .Hack fans[/B]

Let's hope that they change the combat.. Pretty drastically. As much as I loved .hack's anime and manga bits, and as much as I wanted to get into INFECTION's storyline, the gameplay completely drove me away from everything.

The bits of information we've heard about the story makes it pretty interesting, and I'm liking the character art, but like I said, unless they change a few things I'll just fall back on spoiler sites.

[FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Id juzt reacently beaten quarentine, when I first played Infection it was cool, then after the last 3 it was so repeditive soo boring but the game was still fun, but it be better if .Hack was really online with more features than the last 4 game it be soo cool also I saw the trailer of.Hack//G.U. it looks awsome it looks both regular 3-d, and part cell shaded I really hope this game is waayy better than the other 4.[/COLOR][/FONT]

The main thing that made .hack such a success was the fact the the story had never really been done before. It had the Pokemon-esque essence that just kept you coming back for more of the story. Hell, I bought everything, I have all four games, the mangas, and a complete set of both animes. I'm only dissapointed in the games, I didn't mind the battle system, but I hated fixing the camera to cast spells. Being a person who hates "Let's stand in a row and attack one at a time" RPG's, this was refreshing... maybe the first two times... I hope there's an online mode though, I think I said that, lol.

Well it might be online. Gu is going to be in a three Cd set, just like how the first four .Hack games were released. The first Cd is supposed to be bigger then Infection through Quarentine combined. That leaves us the remaining two Cds. the last one might be online, and since GU is being released for the PS2, you can bet it'll be free online. My question is, will there be PK'ing if there's an online version? I'd love to Pk players, its fun being hated.

[quote name='Stryke']Well it might be online. Gu is going to be in a three Cd set, just like how the first four .Hack games were released. The first Cd is supposed to be bigger then Infection through Quarentine combined. That leaves us the remaining two Cds. the last one might be online, and since GU is being released for the PS2, you can bet it'll be free online. My question is, will there be PK'ing if there's an online version? I'd love to Pk players, its fun being hated.[/quote]

There is already PK'ing in MMORPGs, its called PVP gameplay. But if the third is online I won't be happy as I won't be able to get it then.

I am already aware of PvP in MMORPG's. But what made .hack interesting was that you could kill a player whether or not they wished to battle you. While many MMORPG's tried to prevent it (Think back to the Final Fantasy System for its MMORPG), PKing is a part of games.

It should be allowed, but with certain boundaries. Such as, no PKing in towns or markets, or near gates. Leave PKing to the fields and dungeons where you would expect something bad to happen to your user. Also, maybe make PKing more dangerous for the PK'er, such as if he gets PK'ed after he PK'ed someone, he would lose his weapons.

[COLOR=DarkRed][SIZE=3][FONT=Garamond]I loved the dot hack games and have beaten them all. I hope that they do have an online version of ?The World? in any of the 3 games that come out. I managed to find a website were they say a little about the game. Here it is if you are interested [url]www.dothackers.net[/url]. I?m not sure if you have already gone to it but if u haven?t it has a trailer on it. Ummm in watching clips of it I was wondering, what is the main characters class? He had twin blades at first then he whips out a huge chain saw sword?there are suppose to be new classes, maybe he was one of them. Oh well I can?t wait for them to come out!!![/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Not only do I go to that site, I'm a member in the forum, and get to see all sorts of sweet stuff early. The three classes he uses are the twin blade which he has the mini saws, a heavy blade which he has that BIG chain saw, and a long arm with the scythe. Since he's an AIDA, we have a theory that he can change classes on the fly, and that would be fun since everybody is sick of being the twin blade.

Well before I explain things, I will point out that a .Hack//G.u thread already exists in the Play It thread. Now that I'm done ranting....>.>

Ok the Player you will be playing is a character we only know as AIDA (Artifical Intelligence data Anomaly).
[IMG]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y205/Dorant/heyas.bmp[/IMG]
In the trailer, he is able to switch classes on the fly.
So far these are the classes he uses in battle.
A Long Arm,
[IMG]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y205/Dorant/mine.bmp[/IMG]
A Twin Blade User,
[IMG]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y205/Dorant/umsure.bmp[/IMG]
and a heavy blade user, with a sword that resembles a giant saw!!!
[IMG]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y205/Dorant/gottalovethepics.bmp[/IMG]

Also, from what we see in the trailer, he had a love,
[IMG]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y205/Dorant/wavemaster.bmp[/IMG]
who was attacked. We do not know the fate of his love though, but we can assume that it was the Zombie Kite that attacked him.
[IMG]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y205/Dorant/hooya.bmp[/IMG]
The reason for this being when AIDA sees him, he pulls out his weapons and attacks hiw with a furious barrage of attacks, while through all of this he looks like he wants to kill him right there. Normally if something like that would come out, you'd at least take a look at it first. So its obvious AIDA has encountered the Zombie Kite before. Also keep in mind, our AIDA is a PK'er, so that adds some more into perspective. I hope this helps, and if you need to know anything lse, just ask.

EDIT: The AIDA does have a name, and his name is Haseo. Also, the zombie Kite is to be known as Tri - Edge, probably after his twin swords.

While repitition was a problem in the series of games, I have a good feeling it wont be the same for this game. I understand the guy is a PK, who kills PK'ers... and he is also an AIDA. Now, just to throw something out there, you all read about whats going on right. Ten years later, The World is a mess, guilds at war, massive PK'ing, well what if besides the normal game play, you belonged to a guild. Something of that nature to where you are given special tasks to go out and complete to up your level and progress through the game. Personally, with the ability to switch fighting styles in an instant, I REALLY hope there is a guild based on that of the ancient art of Assasination. Yeah, killing for many and items. I just really hope that there isnt a character like Mestral, grr i hated her. So blonde, so dumb, and so weak..... Ah, anyway, i have high hopes. You guys and gals think there will be guild opportunities?

Tracking people someohow? I am not certain about any of my theories as is. I am just throwing them out there, kinda like a dream, that i know will never come true. Thanks for the help on my info so far Stryke, and RiflesatRecess, you are right, it would be hard. Like i said, i never worked all the bad parts out. But, maybe you could be informed somehow. Like you have people who happen to join parties with the players, then, CUT, they're dead.... or Maybe you could open the fact that normally you only see the people in your party on the level, so you would have to work towards getting them to join you, to hack and slash them to itsy bitsy pieces... once more, its all just speculation.

Guest Xicris
I was just cruzin the web today when I saw something for .hack//G.U., and it looks like promising. I was going to suggest, before someone pointed out that the main character is apparently an AIDA, that he was instead a hacker that could utalize weapons from various classes, but I suppose it makes sense for an A.I. to be able to switch weapons like that, bending the system.

EDIT - Whoops. I'd submitted this not realizing there were a few more posts...didn't get all the way through the thread. The ADIA is Kite, and the main character is human, so my original theory may still hold - he may be a Hacker who can use any weapons regardless of class.

At first, given the fact that the whole .hack thing was a multi-medium project, I wasn't sure whether G.U. was a C.G. anime series, a movie, or a new game. The cenimatics looked increadible, and only after combing 2 review sites was I sure it was a game. As with the original series (DUSK not included), LIMINALITY, and the old games, the story seems ominous and dramatic. I'm kinda annoyed they keep resurecting Kite...They could have made completely new characters for DUSK...but he does look quite evil, and I'm intrigued.

I know everyone complains about the battle system, so I won't say much, other then the fact that I hated constantly having to go through menus and freezing everything to do so constantly. What I'm surprised no one's complained about in the old games was EQUIPMENT ALLOCATION. You're practically tripping over equipment all through the .hack games, and sometimes it would take me hours to distribute equipment to all the characters and empty my Elf's haven. I'd almost rather they do something about the hailstorm of magical items in these new games, rather then fix the battle system.

Being able to switch classes will be cool, if you as the player truely can when you're playing an AIDA that switches weapons. More then anything else, I HATE RPGs that don't allow pure character generation. Being stuck as a Twin Blade annoyed me (I wanted to play a Wavemaster in the old games so badly). This will probably be as close to picking a class as they'll come.

Whew. That's alot.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Lycoris
I've played all of the .hack games too, and now I can't wait for GU. The designs for Haseo and Tri-Edge are both supercool. (In case you can't tell by my sig, I really like Tri-Edge. :animesmil )

• 1 month later...
A new video was released on September 16th click [u][url=http://www.dothack.com/gu/]>here<[/url][/u] to see it on the official site. I liked the original video better because there were no words, and you didn't get confused. This one is longer, but all in Japanese. So if you know Japanese, mind translating? Also the japanese version of the same site is a lot better, I'd check it out even if you don't know japanese.

[FONT=Century Gothic]Well I juzt seen the new G.U. trailer that SilentSecuity had & it looks more flashy than the 1st one duhhh well the game is still in Japanese production so I could tell what they were sayin hardly but I understanded a little but I like the look of it soo far most of the areas don look as flat a the other games the gaphics on this are really unique & the abilty to carry three wepons with you is gonna be really handy, Bandai has focused alot mostly on the cutscenes greatly detailed but the game better live up to its work im emprested already but if it turns out bad in the end...Bandai would hae another crappy game but I doubt it G.U. will kick ***[/FONT]

• 5 months later...
Guest Stafal-chan
Heyy does anyone know anything about .hack//G.U. the website [url]www.dothack.com[/url] had a big thing about it a while ago and it looks cool. Anyone kno when it might be released?

Guest Stafal-chan
[QUOTE=_Kenshin_]I read it's going to be released the 30th of december, but I hope it's wrong and it's released earlier[/QUOT

TT_TT hmm well tah's rather derpressing...ugh seems liek latly all i've been doing it waiting for games to come out..

So Kite's back and he looks pretty cool...and there'sthat other new character...so whadda 'bout BlackRose she gonna be back???