OtakuBoards

The Official Otaku Boards Top 50, erm, 45 Anime Series!!!

EVA Unit 100

Finally, what you?ve all been waiting for! After tallying your votes, combined with personal biases for tie-breaking, I?ve made a list of the top 45 favorite anime at OB (a 6-7 way tie prevented the 50-46 slots from being filled). Here it is:

[B][U]The Official Otaku Boards Top 50, erm, 45 Anime Series[/B][/U]

45. Pokemon
44. Senkaiden Houshin Engi
43. Zatch Bell
42. Gundam Wing
41. Vision of Escaflowne
40. Hellsing
39. Mobile Suit Gundam
38. Prince of Tennis
37. Gundam SEED
36. Dragonball
35. Outlaw Star
34. Monster
33. Wolf?s Rain
32. Magical Shopping Arcade Abenoboshi
31. Lunar Legend Tsukhime
30. Excel Saga
29. Full Metal Panic
28. Paranoia Agent
27. Shaman King
26. Azumanga Daioh
25. Gad Guard
24. One Piece
23. Great Teacher Onizuka
22. Beserk
21. Sailor Moon
20. Revolutionary Girl Utena
19. The Slayers
18. Fushigi Yuugi
17. Elfen Lied
16. Gravitation
15. Bleach
14. Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
13. Samurai Champloo
12. Last Exile
11. Dragonball Z
10. RahXephon
9. Fruits Basket
8. Inu-Yasha
7. Yuyu Hakusho
6. Naruto
5. Rorouni Kenshin
4. Trigun
3. Neon Genesis Evangelion
2. Cowboy Bebop
1. Full Metal Alchemist

[COLOR=#7C0201][SIZE=1][quote name='Bloodseeker']Where did this come from, again?[/quote][URL=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=46315]Har yu gow.[/URL]

My. GTO actually made it. Another victory for Onizuka, eh?
Hey Eva, did anyone tie for certain spots? Like #45, for example?[/SIZE][/COLOR]

that is quite an interesting list....but....umm....pokemon?

surely ramna 1/2 or love hina deems to be a least above pokemon.

But who am I to judge. I agree with the majority of the anime listed...so I'm not complaining

I?m happy. That is all. But pokemon I have a problem with that. It is really hated among and you gave it a spot. So what if there was a seven or six way tie. Give one of those the privilege to be better than the awful word. *Sob* But I like it that FMA is the top spot. Hooray for Ed and Al. You get my award. Anyway my favorite from the list is 33, 30, 26, 15, 14, 13, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 2, 1

[quote name='Revue][COLOR=#7C0201][SIZE=1]Like #45, for example?[/SIZE'][/COLOR][/quote]

Pokemon, Senkaiden Houshin Engi (whatever the hell that is), Zatch Bell, Gundam Wing, Vision of Escaflowne, Hellsing, and Mobile Suit Gundam were all ties. Putting them in order is where by biases came into play. ;)

And don't blame me for Pokemon being on the list. Blame the people who voted for it.

Pokemon is okay if you're looking after small kids as they will watch for hours, but come on, bey blades is so much better so it should be above, the isn't even Yu-Gi-Oh. Oh well i'm happy about
[QUOTE]11. Dragonball Z
10. RahXephon
9. Fruits Basket
7. Yuyu Hakusho
2. Cowboy Bebop[/QUOTE]

Though i think Sailor moon should've been further up and i feel that Loveless and AIR and other new Anime should be placed in there, but hey, it's what everyone else voted for, but it is still a good list of anime.

As I said pokemon is not supposed to be in there but I am very surprised by one simple fact. WHERE IS FLCL? It is not in their? If it isn?t then I will have to nuke your list and make a new one. I say we take a vote on changing the list. Instead of pokemon we will make a new addition in there. The reason so far is there have been far too many animes that rank much higher than pokemon. But here are some choices I can give.

1. Loveless
2. Fooly Cooly (FLCL)
3. Bey Blade

There vote for one and we will change number 45.

Cowboy Bebop should have beaten out Full Metal Alchemist... And seriously, how did Pokemon even get on that damn list? Any Gundam anime could take Pokemon!! (Save for SD) Is One Piece the manga version or the Anime version? Because the Anime version sucks pretty hard, but the Manga is by far my favourit!

Finally, how did DBZ beat back Bleach, Champloo, Ghost in the Shell, and Last Exile? That's just insulting to 4 of the greatest Anime created!

FLCL... I think maybe Pokemon beat it because it's what? 6 Episodes long? Not much of an Anime, more of a... Microanime. Nontheless, FLCL is completely awesome... and Random, random, random.

Look everyone Eva has already stated why the list is the way it is. People in this message board have voted for this a while back and now he finally showed everyone the list that you might have voted for. I'm not going to get mad at all about where anything is (GTO didn't even get into the top 10 but that is perfectly fine with me since the members of this message board voted for other types of animes more often). I give Eva a lot of credit making a list this huge and spending the time counting up everyone's votes. This isn't the end all, be all list, its just a list tallyed by people of this forum and i think its great that we finally got one.

[QUOTE=SadBlue]Cowboy Bebop should have beaten out Full Metal Alchemist... And seriously, how did Pokemon even get on that damn list? Any Gundam anime could take Pokemon!! (Save for SD) Is One Piece the manga version or the Anime version? Because the Anime version sucks pretty hard, but the Manga is by far my favourit!

Finally, how did DBZ beat back Bleach, Champloo, Ghost in the Shell, and Last Exile? That's just insulting to 4 of the greatest Anime created!

FLCL... I think maybe Pokemon beat it because it's what? 6 Episodes long? Not much of an Anime, more of a... Microanime. Nontheless, FLCL is completely awesome... and Random, random, random.[/QUOTE]

I agree completely. LAST EXILE(and those other 3 u listed) beat by DBZ???? C'mon! C'MON!!! [B]COME ON!!!!!!![/B] That is just sick and wrong. :sick: Pokemon, even at # 45, is...pretty sad. and Cowboy Bebop should rule all. Ya, FMA is good, but not even close to as good as Bebop. Yes, FLCL was short, but beat by Pokemon?? I mean really. It's an awsome show filled with randomess! Which is awsome!!

Last Exile under DBZ....*shakes head* :animecry:

I second everything [B]pbfrontmanvdp[/B] said. If you're going to complain now, you should have voted back then. It's as simple as that. :animesigh

Personally I'm kind of gratified that Utena even made the list, haha. I've been to places where it's considered a perennial favorite--right up there with the likes of Evangelion, Bebop and Berserk--but I didn't think very many people at OB had seen the series, much less heard of it.

Y'all should also keep in mind that new anime usually have a very poor chance of doing well on lists like these--especially if they aren't complete! Loveless has yet to finish airing in Japan, for heaven's sake. Not that it isn't an enjoyable series, but for all we know the ending could turn out to be the worst ever written (or something to that effect). And Bleach probably isn't even halfway through...

~Dagger~

[QUOTE=EVA Unit 100]Finally, what you?ve all been waiting for! After tallying your votes, combined with personal biases for tie-breaking, I?ve made a list of the top 45 favorite anime at OB (a 6-7 way tie prevented the 50-46 slots from being filled). Here it is:

[B][U]The Official Otaku Boards Top 50, erm, 45 Anime Series[/B][/U]

45. Pokemon
44. Senkaiden Houshin Engi
43. Zatch Bell
42. Gundam Wing
41. Vision of Escaflowne
40. Hellsing
39. Mobile Suit Gundam
38. Prince of Tennis
37. Gundam SEED
36. Dragonball
35. Outlaw Star
34. Monster
33. Wolf?s Rain
32. Magical Shopping Arcade Abenoboshi
31. Lunar Legend Tsukhime
30. Excel Saga
29. Full Metal Panic
28. Paranoia Agent
27. Shaman King
26. Azumanga Daioh
25. Gad Guard
24. One Piece
23. Great Teacher Onizuka
22. Beserk
21. Sailor Moon
20. Revolutionary Girl Utena
19. The Slayers
18. Fushigi Yuugi
17. Elfen Lied
16. Gravitation
15. Bleach
14. Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
13. Samurai Champloo
12. Last Exile
11. Dragonball Z
10. RahXephon
9. Fruits Basket
8. Inu-Yasha
7. Yuyu Hakusho
6. Naruto
5. Rorouni Kenshin
4. Trigun
2. Cowboy Bebop
1. Full Metal Alchemist[/QUOTE]

i'm sorry, but full metal alchemist shouldn't be number one. it really shouldn't make the list at all. SAMURAI CHAMPLOO should be number one.

[quote name='boombox bushido']i'm sorry, but full metal alchemist shouldn't be number one. it really shouldn't make the list at all. SAMURAI CHAMPLOO should be number one.[/quote]

[SIZE=1]Although Samurai Champloo is an amazing anime, it has yet to realize its full potential and belongs where it is on the chart. As stated by Dagger and pbfrontmanvdp, Pokemon wasn't just "chosen," the forum members voted for it. And as mediocre as it may seem compared to others, its popularity was unparalleled for quite some time. From the show, to the video games, movies, card game, clothes, it was incredibly popular and does deserve some credit for that. And for the years it's been around, it still plays today and gets mildly good ratings, so, as much as some of you would hate to admit it, its successful, so suck up your pride and let it go.

I thought Hellsing would've done better in the overall standings, but at least it made the list. I was surprised Paranoia Agent did so well since the series didn't really impress me. I was a little sad to see the absence of s.CRY.eD on the list, but I guess it has yet to become popular. Overall I think the list is good, and we voted for it, so I guess we should support it right?[/SIZE]

Im fine with the list (asside from certain placements) but then again i didnt vote so theres no right to complain. However to be honest, I can see why less popular titles such as pokemon would get on the list.

basicly (in my oppinion) they are there because of two reasons. the first being (as this was from a while ago) some of these titles would have been hard to get a hold of, especially in the uk. For example the only gundam title to air in the uk (as far as i know) is Gundam wing.

Second, whilst titles such as Love Hina are incredibly popular, more people had only heard of shows such as pokemon and therefore vote for them despite the fact that there are better shows available.

all that asside I dont see the point of complaining about it. After all, this is a tally of everyones votes and everyone has there personal favourate. Most of the time Complaining will not change other peoples minds and in some cases, be offensive. Just keep your thoughts to yourselph .

oh and thank you for putting this up. Its always interesting to see what the current/previous views are

[CENTER][COLOR=Blue][SIZE=1][FONT=Tahoma]^ I'm with you, man.

Well, I didn't vote (Must have missed the thread...) Anywho, I think everyone should stop complaining. If FMA made top, that means the MOST PEOPLE VOTED FOR IT and LESS PEOPLE VOTED FOR THE OTHERS. I personally don't like FMA at all. Nor Cowboy Bebop.I like Alice 19th, Chobits, and Dr Slump far better than ANYTHING on that list.(They aren't all animes, but who cares...) This was a POLL not some person choosing his/her personal favorites. It was a combined favorite list from all of OB. (Wait... I remember the tread now! Did I post? I don't think I did...)

At any rate, I don't see what good attacking EVA unit would do. This isn't like, some law or something! Everyone has thier own opinions, EVA just wanted to help us share our thoughts, and make a cool list, so our fellow OBers could see what everyone else thinks.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]

This is pretty interesting. Eva at the third spot is ok with me, since it is one of my favorite anime's. I still dont see how pokemon even got on that list. Seriously, I thought htis place was for more mature people, than Omg i haf found teh Luigia! IMO I think pokemon should be off of that list. IMO pokemon shouldnt even be an anime. But of course I never voted, because I wasnt here. So even though I Wasnt here, I guess I odnt have a right to complain because I never voted.Samurai shamploo should also have been placed higher on the list, but yet again, I never voted. Interesting to see the otaku boards opinions though.

[QUOTE=Kamuro][SIZE=1]Although Samurai Champloo is an amazing anime, it has yet to realize its full potential and belongs where it is on the chart. As stated by Dagger and pbfrontmanvdp, Pokemon wasn't just "chosen," the forum members voted for it. And as mediocre as it may seem compared to others, its popularity was unparalleled for quite some time. From the show, to the video games, movies, card game, clothes, it was incredibly popular and does deserve some credit for that. And for the years it's been around, it still plays today and gets mildly good ratings, so, as much as some of you would hate to admit it, its successful, so suck up your pride and let it go.

I thought Hellsing would've done better in the overall standings, but at least it made the list. I was surprised Paranoia Agent did so well since the series didn't really impress me. I was a little sad to see the absence of s.CRY.eD on the list, but I guess it has yet to become popular. Overall I think the list is good, and we voted for it, so I guess we should support it right?[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

i didn't mean that FMA shouldn't have made the list. I'm not a fan b/c it never caught my interest. Much like PARANOIA AGENT didn't catch yours. It's good that FMA is recognized and is doing so well, but i just think that other animes should have higher up, and FMA shouldn't be in the top ten. It is b/c it comes on [adult swim]. I think that s.CRY.ed will soon be more recognized. Hellsing definitely should have been higher on the list. it's such a great anime.

Hellsing, again, was probably a bit too short. If the creators had taken the incredbily good Anime that Hellsing was and turned it into a season-spanning show, it could break boundries of Anime worldwide. Same with FLCL, though that was a bit to Random to expand on.

[QUOTE=Fly 4 Fun]I agree completely. LAST EXILE(and those other 3 u listed) beat by DBZ???? C'mon! C'MON!!! [B]COME ON!!!!!!![/B] That is just sick and wrong. :sick: Pokemon, even at # 45, is...pretty sad. and Cowboy Bebop should rule all. Ya, FMA is good, but not even close to as good as Bebop. Yes, FLCL was short, but beat by Pokemon?? I mean really. It's an awsome show filled with randomess! Which is awsome!!

Last Exile under DBZ....*shakes head* :animecry:[/QUOTE]

[color=lime]LOL I posted that?? I seriously don't remember posting that...there was most likely a lack of sleep involved when I did this... Wow...sorry.......

I'm just glad (most) my favorites are in the list!^^ I can see why LE is under DBZ, because it's less popular, mainly because it's short and a little older. I really don't care where where it is on the list, as long as it's on there. :D And once again, sorry for letting my sleeplessness get the best of me.... [/color]

[QUOTE=Kiba_the_Chosen]1. Loveless
2. Fooly Cooly (FLCL)
3. Bey Blade

There vote for one and we will change number 45.[/QUOTE]

Loveless didn't exist when this poll was taken. FLCL is an OAV and doesn't count. Beyblade is worse that Pokemon. Number 45 is not changing. I personally hate Sailor Moon and Wolf's Rain but you don't see me bitching.

THE LIST FOR THIS YEAR WON'T CHANGE! END OF STORY.