Kuja Posted November 21, 2001 Posted November 21, 2001 [SIZE=3][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]ok what the heck is this game about... i mean i know your an alien and all but what the hell do you do?[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
NorykoAngelcry Posted November 21, 2001 Posted November 21, 2001 [COLOR=darkred][SIZE=1]hmm. . quick run down. . . You crash land in a garden (obviously you are a very very small alien), and your ship has lost a lot of parts, which you go off and search for. As you go along, I believe you find Pikmin (the flowery characters) which are very loyal to you, and are willing to die and attack and everything for you. You have to navagate through the garden, and try and find all your missing pieces, while watching out for the multitude of creatures that will pop up and eat your Pikmin. But they can, and will attack back. The more Pikmin you have, the stronger enemies you can take down. I have seen shots where the creatures are beemed up onto the ship or something, so not sure how that works exactly. Basic premise - You befriend Pikmin to help you recover pieces for your ship so that you can get off the planet / out of the garden. Easy enough, right? :D Looks very interesting.[/SIZE][/COLOR]
Break Posted November 21, 2001 Posted November 21, 2001 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by NorykoAngelcry [/i] [B][COLOR=darkred][SIZE=1]hmm. . quick run down. . . You crash land in a garden (obviously you are a very very small alien), and your ship has lost a lot of parts, which you go off and search for. As you go along, I believe you find Pikmin (the flowery characters) which are very loyal to you, and are willing to die and attack and everything for you. You have to navagate through the garden, and try and find all your missing pieces, while watching out for the multitude of creatures that will pop up and eat your Pikmin. But they can, and will attack back. The more Pikmin you have, the stronger enemies you can take down. I have seen shots where the creatures are beemed up onto the ship or something, so not sure how that works exactly. Basic premise - You befriend Pikmin to help you recover pieces for your ship so that you can get off the planet / out of the garden. Easy enough, right? :D Looks very interesting.[/SIZE][/COLOR] [/B][/QUOTE] [SIZE=1]Oh goody goody goody! I have played this on Japanese version!! Basically what Noryko said but I found it a bit like lemmings and a war-sim. It's pretty cool, you have to use this gun thing to make these flowers shake and pikmin fall out. The controls are nicley done and the game has very good graphics.[/SIZE]
Kuja Posted November 21, 2001 Author Posted November 21, 2001 [SIZE=3][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]yes it looks wonderful the only 2 games i want come out decemeber 3rd... lol... so im waiting till then to get a system... since my hopes of a spice one wont last :([/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
Sephiroth Posted November 21, 2001 Posted November 21, 2001 I hear pikmin is a lot like lemmings, which means very, VERY tedious gameplay....
Break Posted November 21, 2001 Posted November 21, 2001 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sephiroth [/i] [B]I hear pikmin is a lot like lemmings, which means very, VERY tedious gameplay.... [/B][/QUOTE] [SIZE=1]Yes, it is alot like lemmings. I only played for 10 minutes... and it is very annoying when you get lost...[/SIZE]
Shy Posted November 21, 2001 Posted November 21, 2001 [SIZE=1]Pikmin? It seems that Mr. Myamoto has run out of good franchise ideas.... Or maybe its just because those pikmin freak me out.[/SIZE]
Break Posted November 21, 2001 Posted November 21, 2001 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Shyguy [/i] [B][SIZE=1]Pikmin? It seems that Mr. Myamoto has run out of good franchise ideas.... Or maybe its just because those pikmin freak me out.[/SIZE] [/B][/QUOTE] [SIZE=1]Nope, he hasn't run out of good ideas, this is an excellent idea... a whole new style of lemming-ish gameplay! PIKMIN LIVE ON![/SIZE]
NorykoAngelcry Posted November 21, 2001 Posted November 21, 2001 [COLOR=darkred][SIZE=1]You know. . I never really wanted to get this game (since it's release is when Super Smash Brothers: Melee comes out. . But now? . . I am tempted, very much to get this in addition. It just looks too awesome to pass up. Hundreds of flowers mobbing a giant bird, ROFLMAO . . that is awesome. I might rent this first, but might really have to think about trying this as a game to add to my slowly growing library ^_^ We shall see though. . if anything rental will hold me off. . IF I ever set down Super Smash Brothers: Melee or Extreme G3 or Star Wars, or . . ACKK!!!! :D sorry~[/SIZE][/COLOR]
Gr3ymalkin Posted November 21, 2001 Posted November 21, 2001 The game isn't tedious whatsoever. If anything it's relaxing --the music and atmosphere are excellent. I loved playing the game and I'd have to say it is a great idea, and without a doubt the best GC game I played so far... The controls are simplistic, but let you do everything you could possibly want. It's just fun.
Shy Posted November 21, 2001 Posted November 21, 2001 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by ShadowGohan [/i] [B] [SIZE=1]Nope, he hasn't run out of good ideas, this is an excellent idea... a whole new style of lemming-ish gameplay! PIKMIN LIVE ON![/SIZE] [/B][/QUOTE] [SIZE=1]I would like to be proven wrong on this one, but Pikmin is really an odd game. I liked Lemmings and all, but I am not expecting much from Pikmin.[/SIZE]
boris Posted November 21, 2001 Posted November 21, 2001 quit playing games that are made by unknowen companys.... play gt3:)
Break Posted November 21, 2001 Posted November 21, 2001 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by boris [/i] [B]quit playing games that are made by unknowen companys.... play gt3:) [/B][/QUOTE] [SIZE=1]Errm... it's not by an unknown company... it's by Nintendo... foolish boy.[/SIZE]
Kuja Posted November 21, 2001 Author Posted November 21, 2001 [SIZE=3][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]lemme think... nintendo... or the people who made gt3... i think nintendo is bigger :)[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
Break Posted November 21, 2001 Posted November 21, 2001 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by kuja [/i] [B][SIZE=3][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]lemme think... nintendo... or the people who made gt3... i think nintendo is bigger :)[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE] [/B][/QUOTE] [SIZE=1]LOL@Kuja... I dun even know who made GTA3! :laugh: PS. PIKMIN ROCKS![/SIZE]
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now