Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
[SIZE=3][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]ok what the heck is this game about... i mean i know your an alien and all but what the hell do you do?[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
Posted
[COLOR=darkred][SIZE=1]hmm. . quick run down. . .

You crash land in a garden (obviously you are a very very small alien), and your ship has lost a lot of parts, which you go off and search for. As you go along, I believe you find Pikmin (the flowery characters) which are very loyal to you, and are willing to die and attack and everything for you.

You have to navagate through the garden, and try and find all your missing pieces, while watching out for the multitude of creatures that will pop up and eat your Pikmin. But they can, and will attack back. The more Pikmin you have, the stronger enemies you can take down. I have seen shots where the creatures are beemed up onto the ship or something, so not sure how that works exactly.

Basic premise - You befriend Pikmin to help you recover pieces for your ship so that you can get off the planet / out of the garden. Easy enough, right? :D Looks very interesting.[/SIZE][/COLOR]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by NorykoAngelcry [/i]
[B][COLOR=darkred][SIZE=1]hmm. . quick run down. . .

You crash land in a garden (obviously you are a very very small alien), and your ship has lost a lot of parts, which you go off and search for. As you go along, I believe you find Pikmin (the flowery characters) which are very loyal to you, and are willing to die and attack and everything for you.

You have to navagate through the garden, and try and find all your missing pieces, while watching out for the multitude of creatures that will pop up and eat your Pikmin. But they can, and will attack back. The more Pikmin you have, the stronger enemies you can take down. I have seen shots where the creatures are beemed up onto the ship or something, so not sure how that works exactly.

Basic premise - You befriend Pikmin to help you recover pieces for your ship so that you can get off the planet / out of the garden. Easy enough, right? :D Looks very interesting.[/SIZE][/COLOR] [/B][/QUOTE]

[SIZE=1]Oh goody goody goody! I have played this on Japanese version!! Basically what Noryko said but I found it a bit like lemmings and a war-sim. It's pretty cool, you have to use this gun thing to make these flowers shake and pikmin fall out. The controls are nicley done and the game has very good graphics.[/SIZE]
Posted
[SIZE=3][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]yes it looks wonderful the only 2 games i want come out decemeber 3rd... lol... so im waiting till then to get a system... since my hopes of a spice one wont last :([/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sephiroth [/i]
[B]I hear pikmin is a lot like lemmings, which means very, VERY tedious gameplay.... [/B][/QUOTE]

[SIZE=1]Yes, it is alot like lemmings. I only played for 10 minutes... and it is very annoying when you get lost...[/SIZE]
Posted
[SIZE=1]Pikmin? It seems that Mr. Myamoto has run out of good franchise ideas.... Or maybe its just because those pikmin freak me out.[/SIZE]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Shyguy [/i]
[B][SIZE=1]Pikmin? It seems that Mr. Myamoto has run out of good franchise ideas.... Or maybe its just because those pikmin freak me out.[/SIZE] [/B][/QUOTE]

[SIZE=1]Nope, he hasn't run out of good ideas, this is an excellent idea... a whole new style of lemming-ish gameplay!

PIKMIN LIVE ON![/SIZE]
Posted
[COLOR=darkred][SIZE=1]You know. . I never really wanted to get this game (since it's release is when Super Smash Brothers: Melee comes out. . But now? . . I am tempted, very much to get this in addition. It just looks too awesome to pass up. Hundreds of flowers mobbing a giant bird, ROFLMAO . . that is awesome. I might rent this first, but might really have to think about trying this as a game to add to my slowly growing library ^_^

We shall see though. . if anything rental will hold me off. . IF I ever set down Super Smash Brothers: Melee or Extreme G3 or Star Wars, or . . ACKK!!!! :D sorry~[/SIZE][/COLOR]
Posted
The game isn't tedious whatsoever. If anything it's relaxing --the music and atmosphere are excellent. I loved playing the game and I'd have to say it is a great idea, and without a doubt the best GC game I played so far... The controls are simplistic, but let you do everything you could possibly want. It's just fun.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by ShadowGohan [/i]
[B]

[SIZE=1]Nope, he hasn't run out of good ideas, this is an excellent idea... a whole new style of lemming-ish gameplay!

PIKMIN LIVE ON![/SIZE] [/B][/QUOTE]

[SIZE=1]I would like to be proven wrong on this one, but Pikmin is really an odd game. I liked Lemmings and all, but I am not expecting much from Pikmin.[/SIZE]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by boris [/i]
[B]quit playing games that are made by unknowen companys....
play gt3:) [/B][/QUOTE]

[SIZE=1]Errm... it's not by an unknown company... it's by Nintendo... foolish boy.[/SIZE]
Posted
[SIZE=3][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]lemme think... nintendo... or the people who made gt3... i think nintendo is bigger :)[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by kuja [/i]
[B][SIZE=3][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]lemme think... nintendo... or the people who made gt3... i think nintendo is bigger :)[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE] [/B][/QUOTE]

[SIZE=1]LOL@Kuja... I dun even know who made GTA3! :laugh:

PS. PIKMIN ROCKS![/SIZE]

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...