OtakuBoards

i need new manga

narutobleachfan

[COLOR=DarkSlateGray][FONT=Comic Sans MS]i've been reading naruto for a wile now and i've finished all the volumes in stires and i've read 269 chapters online. i've also read all volumes of bleach there are out. but now that i've finished reading all of my favorite mangas that are out i'm really bored :animesigh so wut i wanted to ask is wut are some of the mangas that u guys read that u would recomend to somebody like me (and plz, no shojo). thanx![/FONT][/COLOR]

[SIZE=2][FONT=Times New Roman]If you haven't given it a look yet, I would suggest Love Hina. I have purchased and read the entire series and it is well worth a look. If you have read into it, Perhaps you should go for Priest, but I caution that you have to REALLY be into it within the first half of the first book, or you will not like it. If you've read those two, or aren't interested... Go for the old fashioned Trigun and Trigun Maximum Manga.

(Also, Reading Love Hina may case a :animenose if your easily excited by what it has... It did not affect me in such a way, but... I have had a few friends whom it did. :animesmil )[/FONT][/SIZE]

[quote name='narutobleachfan][COLOR=DarkSlateGray][FONT=Comic Sans MS]i've been reading naruto for a wile now and i've finished all the volumes in stires and i've read 269 chapters online. i've also read all volumes of bleach there are out. but now that i've finished reading all of my favorite mangas that are out i'm really bored :animesigh so wut i wanted to ask is wut are some of the mangas that u guys read that u would recomend to somebody like me (and plz, no shojo). thanx![/FONT'][/COLOR][/quote]

Well, I'm a girl, but I read a lot of shonen, so here go my reccomendations. I suggest you give Tuxedo Gin (by Tokihiko Matsuura) try. It's a really cool, original story about a 17 year old guy, Ginji Kusanagi, who gets himself killed in an accident, and is offered the chance of animal reincarnation. The deal is that once he lives the normal course of his animal life and dies of natural causes, he can go back to his human body, since he wasn't supposed to die when he did. So Ginji chooses to be reborn as a penguin, because the girl he loves, Minako, has a big passion for them. Besides being funny and touching at times, too, there's a lot of action (Ginji's just made his debut as a pro boxer when the story starts) and the art is very good. Also, it's what I consider to be just the right length-- 15 volumes. So far, Vol.12 has come out. The series should be over by the end of this year.

Another one would be Qwan, by Aki Shimizu. I think it's pretty short, just 3 volumes (I have Vol. 1 and 2) but there might be more, I'm not sure. It's an interesting, creepy story set in ancient China, about a boy who eats demons. You ought to give that a try, too. Anyway, good luck! (^_^)

Well, it seems that you like shonen manga, so of course I would suggest anything from Shonen Jump. Also, Viz has a lot of action manga that you'd probably be interested in.
I reccomend Excel Saga. It's a wacky, somewhat perverted, manga about a secret organization called ACROSS who plan on taking over the world...one city at a time. Excel (Who is later joined by Hyatt and Elgala) will resort to any crazy antics to make her beloved Lord Il Pallazo happy.
Excel Saga has enough comedy, action, and ecchi moments to keep boys happy. I suppose we girls just read it for the comedy and action, though... :animeswea
And it's a pretty long running series. Vol. 12 has already been imported to the states and vol. 13 will be out any day now.
You could also go with a manga that has no gender approach (neither shonen nor shojo). A simple comedy like Azumanga Daioh or Digi Charat, for example.
Don't worry! There's thousands of manga titles! It's not like there's no more good ones left for you!

i checked out some new manga today and yesterday and i've found two series i liked and one i didn't like to much. i tried excel saga and i didn't like it that musch. it was confusing. but two i liked were samurai deeper kyo and get backers. they were both really good.

Guest kitsune_yasha
I have started to read more shojou, just 'cuz I'm bored... But some good shonen are Eyesheild 21 wich is about a nervous kid who is starting high school and joins the football team. I love it! :catgirl: Another one of my favs is Shaman King. :love2: I have all the volumes released so far (which is 6 in the us right now) And I also Love Yu-Gi-Oh mainly for the characters and Egyptian history. :animesmil

[size=1]Why don't you give us an explanation of why that's "the best out there"? Also, it's not good to double post. It'd be a good idea to use the "Edit" button at the bottom of your post to add something...

I suggest, if you like angelic themes, Angel Sanctuary. The story is amazing, and the art is gorgeous. I've been addicted to this manga since I picked it up. I've been collecting it for nearly, if over, a year now. There are only 8 volumes released in the US as of late, and volume 9 should be out pretty soon; like in the next couple of days/weeks.

The story is complex, so it's a manga that will suck you in and force you to read more. I can't read this manga in one or two sittings. Whenever I get a volume, I read it all in one shot. It's impossible to put down and pick up later. Twists and turns throughout the entire manga, it's just so fun to read.

Another manga that I enjoyed thoroughly was The Demon Ororon. It was very short, unfortunately, only 4 volumes. But the art is amazing, and the story is tragic. A demon named Ororon is the King of Hell, and he ends up on Earth to escape. He meets a girl named Chiaki who is half human, half Angel. Basically, they try to keep Ororon under a low profile so bounty hunters from Hell don't kill him. But it's very good....I can't tell you why it's a "tragic" story. You will just have to read it for yourself ^_~

Both mangas I really suggest. Also, Tsubasa: Reservoir Chronicles and xXx-Holic are awesome. Of course, Clamp puts out really amazing manga, so you can depend on them to be fun to read.

PS: I think Naruto only has 7 released in the US.[/size]

[quote name='narutobleachfan']i got getbackers ots awsonme[/quote]
Really? I've heard all about it on OtakuBoards.Everyone said it's pretty good. I might just get it..and by the way,thanks for the Naruto thing. Lucky I don't live in Japan so I'd have to buy all 25..

[COLOR=DarkSlateGray]i think these are good mangas atleast these are the ones i think are good besides bleach and naruto...black cat is good if you like gunman and stuff....gantz..is a little voilent...but still its cool..and there one piece which is very very very much greate[/COLOR]

I'd suggest D.Gray-man. I've just gotten into it and I really like it! It's not in the u.s. yet though, so you'll have to look for scanlations. In a nutshell, it's about exocists having to battle akuma (some sort of weapon) and protect humans. It's really cool so far and I'd say it's worth a shot. =3

[quote name='sand dragon 19][COLOR=DarkSlateGray']i think these are good mangas atleast these are the ones i think are good besides bleach and naruto...black cat is good if you like gunman and stuff....gantz..is a little voilent...but still its cool..and there one piece which is very very very much greate[/COLOR][/quote]
What do you mean besides bleach and naruto? You don't like them..? They're awesome!

oh so your only there...where i am im a WHOLE lot further im on chapter.....271...and trust me man...there is a whole lot of stuff happening once you get there. like for example...[spoiler]naruto and everyone else are now two years older garra is now the kazekage....garra was captured by the akasuki and is though to be dead but we dont know it yet. and team gai and team kakashi goes after him.[/spoiler] but what can i say naruto is a great manga none the less.

[SIZE=1]I also recomend Tsubasa by Clamp like another person mentioned earlier. It's about Sayorin traveling to different worlds with some traveling companions, and a deep plot that threatens to unfold. They have the help of the Time Witch, who is in another world, and has deeper contacts then it looks. Of course, she requires 'payment' for her services... :animeswea

But above that, I recomend xxxHolic by the same authors. It crosses over at times with Tsubasa, but focuses more on the witch herself, and the main character, Watanuki (if I spelled it right). A highy entertaining book, which will delve even more hints to that elusive, hidden plot from another perspective, with WAY different events.

There are 5 of each out at the moment I believe, but very good. You don't have to read both they say, which is true. I'd bet that both would leave you with many good suprises, even if you decide to read both series. [/SIZE]