OtakuBoards

The Nightmare Before Christmas

Moor_Child

• 2 weeks later...
Saturday night, I got roped into watching some kids. My two brothers (8 and 9) and my three cousins (7, 6 and 3). It went pretty well, and eventually I asked them if they wanted to watch a movie.

Of course, TJ, the 7 year old, had seen everything we had. He didn't want to watch it all again. So my youngest brother and I went upstairs to get some DVDs and he grabbed Nightmare Before Christmas. TJ never saw it, which worked out. He knew some of the songs from some Disney CD though.

Anyway, all of the kids sat there and watched the entire thing. Only the three year old got up and ran around the room sometimes. Everyone was quiet other than when they asked some questions.

Anyway, I was happy that they all liked it so much. I hadn't seen it in a quite awhile (a few months, that's a long time) and it was just great to watch it again. Very few films compare. I always find it relaxing. I'm content when I watch it and I have a few great memories attached to times I've watched it.

I hadn't heard the songs in so long either. Jack's Lament (when he is alone in the graveyard) is just an awesome song... and I've always love the part in the beginning where Jack rises out of the fountain and all the other characters are singing "la la la".

****ing great movie.

omg! I love that movie! I have a wristband with zero on it! he's my favorite. I have a shirt with sally on it also. hehehe. just thought you should. anyway, its my favorite movie by tim burton. it used to scare me when i was little ^^0

• 4 weeks later...
[color=chocolate]I second everything that has been said (the positive stuff). It is a beautiful movie, dark as it may be, and it can be seen by people of all ages (maybe not infants, but you get the idea).
when I first saw it I was convinced that it was animated, it wasn't until a few months ago that I saw it was clay and stop-motion (it's called that, right?) and I was gobsmacked !
I've been working on my dad, trying to making him show it to his students *grins* it would be a nice introduction to all-things-not-Disney, aside from being a piece of art *nods*
the whole movie is a "favourite scene" really, but I love the part where Jack wanders around in the graveyard, singing how something is missing and how no-one understands.

[i]"somewhere deep inside of these bones, an emptiness began to grow..."[/i]

- Mimmi[/color]

This movie is an all time classic for my family. We started to watch it when it first came out around Hallloween. My sister fell in love with the song-What's this? And I think that all the voices behind the scene made a BIG difference to how it cae out. They all were unique and credible in the same way:)
Cocomi;)

I just got around to seein' the movie again last Friday. (I hadn't seen it in probably 5 or 6 years.) I'd forgotten how incredibly disturbing it was. It probably tramatized countless children. *sobs* Oh well. :naughty: Anyway, I was also reminded of how much fun all the music is. I'm gonna see if I can get the soundtrack or something.
~night goddess~

• 2 weeks later...
I remember that movie, I liked it so much. I used to always watch it before Halloween!!!
I still have the tape somewhere around my house...once I find it I'll go watch it. Jack was my favorite character...he was so talented. I also liked Sally very much, she was a great character.
Heh...what are the 3 or 2 kids' names again that were in the movie? It's been such a long time ago...with the little girl and boy. I'm pretty sure there was another boy also.

I should first say I'm not a fan of Tim Burton's work. Edward Scissorhands was alright, Planet of the Apes was okay, he made the best Batman movies, but they still weren't good. So when I heard Tim Burton was doing an animated Christmas movie I dropped dead and said, "this is going to be a nightmare." I watch it and find myself pleasantly amazed how he is able to conduct points about life through the central character. What is the point? That we're all stuck in roles and we have to fill them. We'll be "out of place" if we try to fit into someone else's role.

[i][color=lightpink]Oh my! I absolutely love this movie, and my family stops whatever they started doing and watch parts of it. It's my favorite movie!! ^^ And the odd part is. Is that my real name is Sally. So when i'm listening to it and i hear them say "Sally..." and i think its somoen calling out for me or something. And once i was like "huh?" It was great.[/color][/i]

• 1 year later...
Who loves it!?

who dosent love it. it rockkkkkkkkkkkkkks! really peoples we need a thread on this that stays here at the front, coz realy face it no one can hate this movie...........well apart from realy tightasses that think other wise but who cares about them.

ALL HAIL TNBC!

There's about fifty threads on this movie alone :P And the people that tend to not like it either think it's weird or scary. Goths seem to drool over its dark atmosphere. Me? I Like it for its artistic style. Tim Burton is brilliance and so is his team of hard-working individuals.

And it's not just a kids' film. It's made for everyone. There's more to it than meets the eye and that's where age groups are seperated.

Guest Leolas
Woo! Nightmare Before Christmas! i love that movie! ^_^ Tim Burton is a genius - have you seen his new movie - Charlie and the Chocolate Factory? IT RULES EVEN MORE THAN THE NIGHTMARE BEFORE CHRISTMAS!!!! :animestun

[quote name='HellsAngel14']Dude it rocks its awsome, but I think your a little too high strong. It is just a kids movie.[/quote]

Well, personally I disagree with that. People of all ages can enjoy it equally. It's a solid, entertaining and funny film by all accounts. If people feel like they should only be watching adult-aimed things by a certain age, I think they're missing out.

I really love this movie, I love it more now because I'm old enough to notice and appreciate the little things in this movie. Watching it years later has given me insight to some things that I didn't notice when it first came out when I was younger. You really notice little hidden jokes and double meanings :P It makes the movie all more enjoyable.

Jack Skellington rocks!!! :animesmil