OtakuBoards

Google Earth...

Bloodseeker

[url=http://earth.google.com/][color=red]Google Earth[/color][/url]

This is pretty cool, definitely worth checking out. Its a 3d image of the Earth... you can rotate it and zoom in anywhere, and it'll tell you the names of roads, inns, diners, schools, and the like. (its free, BTW) I was able to find my house! That picture must be at least 2-3 years old though, because the spot where the plaza currently is is still just dirt (the field is gone... it looks like they're just about to start moving in the construction equipment), and my best friend's mom is still driving the Escape.

Some of the cities are still kind of blurry (as in you can't get any detail when you zoom in... that city near Waikiki Beach was like that, as was Kyoto), and I'd imagine that there's probably a lot more old pictures of cities, but most of the areas in the continental US, Canada, and western Europe are clear as day, as are some of the really major cities elsewhere (like Tokyo and Sydney).

[COLOR=teal]I've been addicted to google earth ever since it was available. Before that, I used to use that really terrible terra server or whatever. Google maps is such a godsend.

I think one of the best things is that other people can tag things for you to look at. In addition, there are all these hacks for it, such as figuring out how many steps it takes to get from one place to another. It's unbelieveable.

Of course we looked at all the interesting things at first: the seven wonders of the world, Easter Island, hometowns, Washington DC (is the white house still missing for security purposes or something?), Ohio... <_<[/COLOR]

Google Earth is pretty cool, I tried it out by zooming in on ymy hometown and then New York, seeing from how high above you can see the Ground Zero was something. Google Earth is addictive viewing and I'd have visited alot more places if it weren't for me having to watch our bandwith usage...

[SIZE=1]Interesting, most interesting.

What a fascinating little thing, looking over Ireland really does make you realise what a small country it is compared to so many other nations in the world. Pity you have to be in an internet cafe to be able to see it.[/SIZE]

[font=Trebuchet MS]Personally, the only fun I got out of Google Moon was zooming right in as far as it'll go. It made me laugh for a couple of seconds. There's nothing to see on the moon except craters and the landing sites.[/font]

[SIZE=1]I have Google Earth. I used it for about ten minutes, after the fun of finding my house died down, and I asked myself "So what is this good for now?" I think I'm going to uninstall it, as it serves no real useful purpose that you can't use Mapquest or something for.[/SIZE]