OtakuBoards

Ffix

Trowa066

[COLOR=darkblue]To me the story plot to FFIX was a little far fetched in the begining and for that matter the middle to. But it was pretty incredible how it all came together around the end. The only real problem I see is that there were not enough Edions (excuse my spelling) in the game, then again the ones that were in the game were really powerful and had good graphics. In my opinion there should have been a double bladed Ultima (you have four disc to work on and the best weapon for the main character is single bladed, come on now). To me the best two parts of the game were when the queen got blasted by Bamahut (once again excuse my spelling) face to face, and when Odin destroyed that tree with that beam thingy (not to say it was right but it did look pretty cool). [/COLOR] [COLOR=royalblue]Oh yeah, how are you gonna give the best weapon in the game to Stiener.[/COLOR] [COLOR=darkblue]But all and all it was a really cool game (even though the ending movie was really cheesy).[/COLOR] :) [COLOR=red]I almost forgot. Whats up with the fat cooking chick?[/COLOR] -_-

Guest Voodookanaka
..........the ultima weapon is double bladed..........

there were 14 eidilons I think, 10 from dagger and 4 from eiko (im not sure)

Hmm...I loved FF9 but the number of eidolons was disappointing, maybe it was the fact that only dagger and eiko could use them. Plus you just found them in gems, except Ramuh. I really liked the fact that they were a bigger part of the story though, heh the first time you see Odin (demolishing Cleyra) was damn awesome, same w/ atomos and Bahamut. Also having almost every bit of FF Tactics equipment didn't hurt either =P.

[COLOR=blue] Now this game I can follow... I'm still playing it right now... But I kinda want to find out the ending now...and I have some questions..... Is Zidane from Gaia or the other world...( Note: I'm up to disc 3 now) They seem to hint at that starting at Disc 2 but I can;t really put it together yet....[/COLOR]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by kuja [/i]
[B][SIZE=3][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]in a way both... yet in a way neither ;)[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE] [/B][/QUOTE][COLOR=red] What in the world is that suppose to mean.....J/K.....

:love: KUJA :love: [/COLOR]

[SIZE=3][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]just play and find out on your own... that is just my non spoiler opinion.... i actually know the truth 'for i know all... but i dont want to spoil it for you... so my answer was as honest as it gets w/o spoiling it... which is y i deleted the other 2 guys posts ;) sorry guys [/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sephiroth [/i]
[B]

I always thought quina was a s/he.... [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=crimson][size=1]Yeah, Quina is a s/he. You never know what sex Quina is.

Infact, in the game itself...I think Zidane actually refers to Quina as s/he.[/color][/size]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by James [/i]
[B]

[color=crimson][size=1]Yeah, Quina is a s/he. You never know what sex Quina is.

Infact, in the game itself...I think Zidane actually refers to Quina as s/he.[/color][/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

yeah, he does, thats why I said its a s/he, I think its a she, though, look at its clothes, lol....

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sephiroth [/i]
[B]

yeah, he does, thats why I said its a s/he, I think its a she, though, look at its clothes, lol.... [/B][/QUOTE]

Man I've seen so many debates over this topic, lol. I think it's a she as well.
I have to agree in that there were not enough eidolons in the game. But my fav FMV movie was when the heroes were going to Memoria, and the Lindblum fleet and the Queen's ship helped out. I know it's stupid, but I was on the edge of my seat going "GET EM!" :laugh: :laugh:

Guest Voodookanaka
(This is my own opinion)I believe Quina to be the only hermaphrodyte Qu.
I mean, theres his/her master whos obviously female (Makeup eyelashes) and vivis grand'FATHER' whos obviously male.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Voodookanaka [/i]
[B](This is my own opinion)I believe Quina to be the only hermaphrodyte Qu.
I mean, theres his/her master whos obviously female (Makeup eyelashes) and vivis grand'FATHER' whos obviously male. [/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=blue] I though it was Vivi's grandfather was the only QU to be recognized as a He.... I still believe all the other QU's are s/he because besides for Quan... there's no reference to a specific sex.. IF I REMEMBER RIGHT![/COLOR]

[COLOR=teal]How in the hell did this go from a dicussion on FFIX to Qus.[/COLOR] :mad: [COLOR=teal]What about the fact that Madden was one of the most far fetched edions (spelling) in the whole game. Come on now it was a mogle got pissed, and became a edion. Not to mention the fact that his attack is clearly from the other planet in the game.[/COLOR] -_-

[SIZE=1] I think your right about how this talk got off topic. Plus the elidons in this game were horrible compared to the summons in the other final fantasies. Plus this game was only alright in my opinion, because it relied completely on the graphics. It's story line was EXTREMELY hard to follow and was far out there, even for an RPG. And I've played many many RPG's and I've heard some far out things but this takes the cake. The cinemas were good but the game play was lacking compared to other Final Fantasies. I like to consider myself an RPGer from way back and this game was just not up to Squares normal standards. What do you think.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]it all depends on how u look at it... i think 7 and 8 were total failures in the FF series ;) how many times have i said that? while 9 was "different" i thoughorly enjoyed it... i still dont think i have actually beat 8 yet... i did use someone elses save from the same point i was at... but 50 levels higher is very ez lol... while 9 was far out... if you were too weak minded to totally grasp it all u wouldnt have liked it... just like the movie... i mean i admit... there were weak points it them... but give me ONE RPG that didnt have weak point? .............. im waiting......... still am... ok there arent any... so u have to wonder what is going on in the game lol... and then make up your own story as you go on... ;)[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

[COLOR=darkblue]The story line was pretty screwed up if you think about it, it took the death of the queen for Garnet to obtain the thrown (of a just about destroyed city). Vivi was never really confirmed dead (all we know is that he had a hell of a lot of kids. The ship Invincible just dissappered after a certain part of the game (to never be seen again). And above sall of this the fact of the matter is that you found the most powerful attacks in stones that could be sold for a friggin buck.[/COLOR] :butthead: :butthead: :butthead: :butthead: :butthead: :butthead:

FF9 is a cool game a little weird but cool if you have a weak mind then your not ike this game because you have to think with the game and FF7 and 8 aren't failures because FF8 was the first one and FF8 progressed I liked FF8 the best though but FF9 was cool T I loved the graphics.