Jump to content
OtakuBoards

what is the first anime you watch? how does it impact on you?


Recommended Posts

Posted
[FONT=Lucida Console][SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed]Now that I think of it, I do recall watching some anime during my stay in Monterrey, Mexico, when I was in first grade. I believe they were the spanish-dubbed version of Knights of the Zodiac, spanish-dubbed version of DragonBall, and the spanish-dubbed version of Ranma 1/2.

However, I'm not sure whether these came before or after I watched Transformers.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
  • Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted
My first anime show that i really got into was inyasha. I did watch so pokemon when i was like ten. I loved inyasha from the beginning the first epsode i watched was when sango was introduced. I have never been the same since it is my one true love. :animeblus
Posted
[FONT=Arial Black][COLOR=SeaGreen]After Zoids: CC, I started watching Zoids: GF, and then it just flew from there. When I first saw Inuyasha, at the closing theme, I thought Sesshomaru was a girl, because of the pics! :animeknow [/COLOR][/FONT]
Posted
[FONT=Georgia][COLOR=Purple]Hmmm... My first anime was.. Gravitation! My sister liked it so much and so I watched it too. Then I wasn't so big anime&manga fan like now. But when I watched Gravitation, I thinked that anime is GREAT! I loved that humor! I wanted see more! And then I watched anime and readed manga and now I'm here! Or something.. Anyway my first anime was Gravitation.. ^^[/COLOR][/FONT]
Posted
my try first anime was astro boy back when i was like 4 but my first one that i watched that got me watching other things was princess mononoke it change to be more awhere of things that happen when I m in the forest like what im doing and that we should try to preserve it
Posted
my first anime would probably have to be digmon... i was like seven and i didn t no i watched "anime" till i was in the seventh grade :animesmil ... all i knew is i liked a certain type of cartoon and i have been a fan since didgimon... but my truly obsesseive first anime(knowing it was anime) was yu yu hakusho... :catgirl: :animestun before that i watched all kinds of other very common shows and stuff.. right now my fav shows in hayao miyazaki's creations!! they are so inspiring!! :D ;) but i watched all of them... so i need a new anime .. any one wiht ideas !! i am open to suggestions..LOTS of them :p ok i am done my long boring comment .... sooo yea bye now :rolleyes:
Posted
i always gave props to digimon, i think it was a hell of a lot better than pokemon, and the first anime i can remember seeing was sailor moon, and dragoonball, but didnt really effect me in any way, the first anime to effect me was i think inuyasha, when it was on toonami :animesmil
Posted
Yeah.....I think the first season of Digimon was the best. I liked Pokemon for a while, but at least in Digimon they TALKED, not just go "Pika-Pika!" That drove me loony! :animeangr

I never really watched Sailor Moon 'cept with my friend, but Inuyasha was when I knew what anime was, and started getting into it. I remember when it was on Toonami.....wow, nostaliga attack! Why does anime make us feel so old?! :animeswea
Posted
Yeah, I know. I heard they banned it from TV - in the middle of the third season, or the beginning - because the new Sailor Scouts were lesbians and the stuff was pretty obvious, so people took a lot of offense.
Posted
Yeah, it was. TV cuts out all the good stuff - like death and things, the way it's SUPPOSED to be - and waters it down. No wonder people think people who watch anime are idiots.
Posted
exactly i get tuanted*can't spell* some days for it but when i get them to watch full metal alchemist, trigun or kenshin they like it. When most people think of anime they think dbz (which is not to bad if you get it uncut) it's all those people with closed minds
Guest kajukid
Posted
After I watch Tak From I-D I just want to go out and crash my car!
Its ok I am a professional
Posted
strictly it was maaaaany years ago when i watched ranma, but i didn't know what anime was.
my first 'conscious' anime is inuyasha. because of the anime i started watching other animes. and because of the inuyasha anime, i started reading the manga, and other mangas.
Guest CeeKay
Posted
heh... at first, I thought Anime was all Pokemon and DBZ, which I hated thoroughly...

Then I watched Trigun and was like, "whoa... this is awesome! :D"

Right now, I'm kinda fixed on InuYasha, but FLCL is good too. :)


- Camel.
Guest commander_cool
Posted
[COLOR=MediumTurquoise][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New]The first anime i ever saw was pokemon, but the first one i saw that actually inpacted me was fullmetal alchemist, it really made me comtemplate life. [spoiler] everything that happened in the 2nd season just made me think about what happens when you die and all that kind of stuff, and how the love of 2 people (en adn al of course) can be so strong taht theyre are willing to go through soo much for eachother[/spoiler] ^_^[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
Posted
Thanks for blacking that last part out. :catgirl: Yeah, FMA makes me think too. Especially when [spoiler]Scar killed Nina[/spoiler]. Hey, just a quick question - is the FMA manga different majorly from the anime?
Posted
hmmm... actually i was like p-rojak, din know that i'm watching an anime when it is one. They are the sailor moon and raman1/2. only when i watch hana yori dango, then i came to know anime.
Posted
[quote name='Anime Pet]Thanks for blacking that last part out. :catgirl: Yeah, FMA makes me think too. Especially when [spoiler]Scar killed Nina[/spoiler']. Hey, just a quick question - is the FMA manga different majorly from the anime?[/quote]

from what i here is that the manga goes past the tv show the tv show only has, I think, like 52 episoides and the movie but the manga is still going. but I'm not sure.
Posted
I personally first watched Gundam Wing when it came on CN and I loved it but later realized it was gay. All it was is 5 pretty boys running around shooting things and their manly girlfriends. If their gf's werent gay they were pacifists who cried all the time and never did anything bout it. But i have to say that it got me hooked on anime. Mobile Suit Gundam the 08th MS team was splendid. Cowboy Bebop is my favorite however. Something about jazz music and character development that gets me. Flawless animation and wonderful voice acting make Bebop one of the greatest of all time....in my opinion. But again Wing got me hooked.
Posted
OK, thanks, wor! What, there's a movie?! :animestun

noblebebop22.....I don't agree with your opinion that GW is a gay anime, but that's your business. I'm glad that it got you into anime, though! :animesmil

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...