OtakuBoards

what is the first anime you watch? how does it impact on you?

domyoji

The first Anime I watched was InuYasha. I am not sure on how that impacted on my life but the next Anime I watched was Rurouni Kenshin. That made a huge impact on my life because now I do swordsmanship. :catgirl: Anyway it also made a huge impact on my Fantasy world LOL for example

name: Anyamae [B]Myojin[/B]

D.O.B.: April 16 1862

Family: Kenshin Himura (Blood realated cousin on father's side)

Parents killed by Aoshi Shinomori

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine was Tsubasa,the soccer anime.it's real old.Tatchi (touch) a baseball anime. and I watch tons of Miyazaki and other gibiri films. I think Tatchi and Miyazaki film- Mononoke Hime and Naussica had a impact on me. every touching and told me how to be strong in life and how beautiful can be if you work hard.
ALSO, THIS IS NOTT MY FIRST ANIME, BUT.. it had a huge impact on me and that is Peacemaker Kurogane(especially okita..how simmilar we are.) and Cowboy bebop,although it's not my favorite anime. well one of my picks tho.i dunno. it corresponds to my life.kinda simmilar.

Guest kuroinuyoukai
My first animes were Robotech, Dragon Half,Sailor Moon,And Ranma1/2. My brother let me watch them when I was in seventh grade.(1987) I watched the movie for Vampire Hunter D also. It wasn't until I saw Inuyasha in 2002 (or was it 2003) that I really starting watching all the animes I do now. i think it affected my life because I automatically wanted to learn about Japanese culture. :catgirl:

[CENTER][COLOR=Navy][SIZE=1]The first anime I ever saw was Pokemon. I think
I saw it in 1st or 2nd grade. But that really didn't
influence me very much. I think the one that did
was probably InuYasha also. It's a very different
standpoint than pokemon though. :animeswea [/SIZE] [/COLOR][/CENTER]

Guest hackgrl17
Well, i kinda forgot but the first anime i ever saw was Sailor Moon... But i didnt lyk it. soo i kinda forgot about anime for a while..... but i became a fan o f anime since i read Detective ConAn!!!!!

The first anime I ever saw was Sailor Moon and Dragon Ball Z. They didn't really have an impact on me. It was just some thing I had to watch after school. The animes that really go me into it were Cowboy Bebop and Poilet Canidate (Diid I spell that right). These shows even got my mom into the anime thing to.

[quote name='Cat14']The first anime I ever saw was Sailor Moon and Dragon Ball Z.[/quote]

Yeah same, but at the time (age 6) I didn't know what anime was, sadly. So after 5 years of not watching I stayed up late and Inuyasha appeared. I instantly fell in love with the ending song at the time (Fukai Mori) and researched everywhere. Thus putting the word anime into my vocabulary. :p

• 1 month later...
what was the first anime/manga you watched/read/collected?

i started early with DBZ it was aired 6 am on FOX! every weekday(it was too early so i didnt really understand the plot plus i was in the 2nd grade), i started religiously watching anime with akazukin cha cha hehehe, one of my first faves were yu yu hakusho 7 years ago...i watched it from begininning to end every night...

first manga was this rurouni kenshin one, first dvd box set was gundam seed...:D

Guest kuroinuyoukai
[QUOTE=nomad19]what was the first anime/manga you watched/read/collected?

i started early with DBZ it was aired 6 am on FOX! every weekday(it was too early so i didnt really understand the plot plus i was in the 2nd grade), i started religiously watching anime with akazukin cha cha hehehe, one of my first faves were yu yu hakusho 7 years ago...i watched it from begininning to end every night...

first manga was this rurouni kenshin one, first dvd box set was gundam seed...:D[/QUOTE]

I think the first anime I watched was either Robotech or Sailor Moon. I was in elementary school.My first manga was Ranma 1/2 around the same time.

Anyone remember when Gundam Wing was showing on Cartoon Network? I do. That's what made me start watching anime. The first manga that I read, however, was Card Captor Sakura, partially because I was watching the dubbed version on the WB at the time.

The first anime I decided to collect is also Gundam Wing. I missed a lot of episodes during it's TV run, and only now do I have to cash to by a DVD every now and again. So, I decided to collect this one.

Conversely, the first manga I've decided to collect is Saiyuki, followed closely by Gundam SEED. Tokyo Babylon...I may get to finishing that one some time. I have the first 3 volumes, so I'm sorta lacking in that department.

hmmm

Akira and Legend of the Four Kings!!!

Akira i saw around '91 and the latter i saw some short time after, one a show on Channel 4 called "Late Licence", it showcased weird stuff like anime at 12:00am >.<

Devilman was also one of my firsts and hmmm stretching RIGHT back when i was a lil kid, i got a VHS of Fire Star in the late 80s >.<

[font=trebuchet ms][size=2][color=purple]
The first anime I ever saw was DBZ.
The first manga I ever read was Rurouni Kenshin which I lent from a friend.
And now, I am trying to download anime from the internet cause where I live, they don't show anime on the TV so I only see what I download.
[/color][/size][/font]

First anime would have to be Robotech. And maybe sailormoon when they use to show it on the basic channels...not cartoon network. I saw only the first episode of it and I was intrigued.My uncle had seen them already so the only thing I knew was what the SDF-1 was and the transformable planes...then we found a video of some of the episodes and I loved it. Finally cartoon network brought Toonami out and I got to see the rest of the saga plus the Southern Cross and robotech master parts.Not to mention more Sailor Moon stuff :o ;)

[COLOR=Purple]Beast Wars Im not sure is anime but I was watching it when I was 4. I got into it years later first with Pokemon but I didn't know about much else other than DBZ and Sailor Moon I didn't like either. I became an anime 'fan' bock in 01 when Cowboy Bebop became the first show on Adult Swim, back when it was way cooler. I loved CB and right around when it came out I saw Ninja Scroll with my cousin which was frikkin awesome and then he and I began an anime craze. Te next 5 months were all about staying up late to watch Gundam, Tenchi, Outlaw Star, Cowboy Bebop, Yu Yu Hakusho, and That one weird show I don't remember the name of. Then there was Inuyasha and some other stuff. After that we started our vast collections.[/COLOR]

Beast wars is not an anime because its not from japan. Although its my favorite transformers saga ever.It seems thanks to Toonami and Adult swim a lot of people have come to like anime or have come to known it. I wish I they had that when I was growing up...instead of watching bits and pieces of an anime....because the network stopped showing it due to low ratings :(

I think i for got to mention Voltron...I only saw one episode at the time,but I think it might of been also one of my first

The first anime I watch was technically Sailormoon. But the one that got me into anime was 5 minutes of Rurouni Kenshin followed by the eighth episode of Cowboy Bebop. Cowboy Bebop impacted me because I just fell in love with the art and the characters. I don't know within a week I had expanded to all these animes and it was weird. I think it was because I had just completed my Buffy the Vampire Slayer phase. And needed another show and genre.

Guest kogagirl
the first anime i ever saw was inuyasha. ever since then i cant get enough of it. everytime i wach an ep i just want to scream(but i cant cause ill wake my dad)!
it makes me feel like im inside myself,like theres noone else in the world ecept me and this show. it really gives me some time to think about all the things i couldnt normaslly think about around people. i wish there was someone at my school that shared the same love for anime that i do.