OtakuBoards

what is the first anime you watch? how does it impact on you?

domyoji

[FONT=Lucida Console][SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed]Now that I think of it, I do recall watching some anime during my stay in Monterrey, Mexico, when I was in first grade. I believe they were the spanish-dubbed version of Knights of the Zodiac, spanish-dubbed version of DragonBall, and the spanish-dubbed version of Ranma 1/2.

However, I'm not sure whether these came before or after I watched Transformers.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My first anime show that i really got into was inyasha. I did watch so pokemon when i was like ten. I loved inyasha from the beginning the first epsode i watched was when sango was introduced. I have never been the same since it is my one true love. :animeblus

[FONT=Georgia][COLOR=Purple]Hmmm... My first anime was.. Gravitation! My sister liked it so much and so I watched it too. Then I wasn't so big anime&manga fan like now. But when I watched Gravitation, I thinked that anime is GREAT! I loved that humor! I wanted see more! And then I watched anime and readed manga and now I'm here! Or something.. Anyway my first anime was Gravitation.. ^^[/COLOR][/FONT]

my first anime would probably have to be digmon... i was like seven and i didn t no i watched "anime" till i was in the seventh grade :animesmil ... all i knew is i liked a certain type of cartoon and i have been a fan since didgimon... but my truly obsesseive first anime(knowing it was anime) was yu yu hakusho... :catgirl: :animestun before that i watched all kinds of other very common shows and stuff.. right now my fav shows in hayao miyazaki's creations!! they are so inspiring!! :D ;) but i watched all of them... so i need a new anime .. any one wiht ideas !! i am open to suggestions..LOTS of them :p ok i am done my long boring comment .... sooo yea bye now :rolleyes:

Yeah.....I think the first season of Digimon was the best. I liked Pokemon for a while, but at least in Digimon they TALKED, not just go "Pika-Pika!" That drove me loony! :animeangr

I never really watched Sailor Moon 'cept with my friend, but Inuyasha was when I knew what anime was, and started getting into it. I remember when it was on Toonami.....wow, nostaliga attack! Why does anime make us feel so old?! :animeswea

strictly it was maaaaany years ago when i watched ranma, but i didn't know what anime was.
my first 'conscious' anime is inuyasha. because of the anime i started watching other animes. and because of the inuyasha anime, i started reading the manga, and other mangas.

Guest CeeKay
heh... at first, I thought Anime was all Pokemon and DBZ, which I hated thoroughly...

Then I watched Trigun and was like, "whoa... this is awesome! :D"

Right now, I'm kinda fixed on InuYasha, but FLCL is good too. :)

- Camel.

Guest commander_cool
[COLOR=MediumTurquoise][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New]The first anime i ever saw was pokemon, but the first one i saw that actually inpacted me was fullmetal alchemist, it really made me comtemplate life. [spoiler] everything that happened in the 2nd season just made me think about what happens when you die and all that kind of stuff, and how the love of 2 people (en adn al of course) can be so strong taht theyre are willing to go through soo much for eachother[/spoiler] ^_^[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[quote name='Anime Pet]Thanks for blacking that last part out. :catgirl: Yeah, FMA makes me think too. Especially when [spoiler]Scar killed Nina[/spoiler']. Hey, just a quick question - is the FMA manga different majorly from the anime?[/quote]

from what i here is that the manga goes past the tv show the tv show only has, I think, like 52 episoides and the movie but the manga is still going. but I'm not sure.

I personally first watched Gundam Wing when it came on CN and I loved it but later realized it was gay. All it was is 5 pretty boys running around shooting things and their manly girlfriends. If their gf's werent gay they were pacifists who cried all the time and never did anything bout it. But i have to say that it got me hooked on anime. Mobile Suit Gundam the 08th MS team was splendid. Cowboy Bebop is my favorite however. Something about jazz music and character development that gets me. Flawless animation and wonderful voice acting make Bebop one of the greatest of all time....in my opinion. But again Wing got me hooked.