OtakuBoards

what is the first anime you watch? how does it impact on you?

domyoji

Guest ChaoticFury
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]The first anime i ever saw was Sailor Moon.
It was because of that anime series that I
really started to get into anime. The characters
are you kind and loving, cute and sweet :catgirl: . (My
dream girls :animesmil ). I would watch the show
ever time it would come on, which was about 4:00
on cartoon network. Most of the shows always ended
with me crying and wishing another episode would
come on.[/FONT]

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't remember what my first was. My family's very strict and so they frown upon Anime, like that stops me, so i didn't get to see one's like Inyuasha, Gundam etc.
I think i saw sailor moon first and feel in love with the style. i didn't know what anime was back then(now look at me! ^_^) When Pokemon hit it big over here in N.ireland i got really into that and then Digimon. My passion for the genre went from there although now i'm into Akira, Vampire hunter D, all the classics really.

[FONT=Verdana][SIZE=1][COLOR=DeepSkyBlue][center]Oh, I just finished Hana Yori Dango, aka Boys over Flowers. I fell in love with the stories. True, some scenes were a bit over dramatic, but it's just ever so kind.

The first series I ever watched in my whole life was Sailor Moon, because it was on television. But after 6 years of not really watching anime, the series that got me into it was Fruits Basket, the anime. I watched the whole series about three years ago, and it made me cry so many time. Such as the time when [spoiler]Ha'ri lost his sight in his left eye because of Akito being angry of him falling in love[/spoiler] or such as the time when [spoiler]Kyou's true form was recognized and it was the last three episodes of season one. When Tohru didn't know what to do anymore and you found out more about Kazuma's past and the grandfather of his being the last person who was possessed by the spirit of the jealous cat.[/spoiler] I cried, I laughed. I think Fruits Basket is such a good series.

Right now, I'm reading the manga Full Moon: O Sagashite. So good. So sad. I cried while reading it!

I'm such a sap. :animesigh [/font][/color][/size][/center]

hmmm... as with most australian otaku... the first serious anime i saw was neon genesis evengelion, when it was put on tv in 98 (yup, thats right... the whole series of evangelion, on free to air TV, unedited... twice no less...)... thats prolly the greatest thing aussie tv has going for it... channel SBS, which plays all the foreign stuff, including anime (ghost in the shell stand alone complex is on at the moment, and samarai champloo is on after that finishes... woot!)... needless to say eva got me hooked...

My first, in retrospect, was Sailor Moon too........I was in kindergarten/first grade and my friend watched it all the time. I wasn't really allowed to, but every once in a while I would see it. It looked pretty cool to me, but I have never seen it since then.

my first anime i've watched is the most popular dragon ball z, though it was the first i don't appreciate that series very well. i'm not fond of watching every anine series, i only choose what passes to my threshold of taste!! the gundam series, starting from wing to seed destiny suits my taste. ruruoni kenshin is also one quite of a quality anime. i also watch naruto, but not my fave. i'm also curious bout this bleach and planning to watch it.

[COLOR=Red]Pokemon, Dragonball Z and Sailormoon all hit me in about the same week, so it's hard to say which came first. I wasn't too fond of Sailormoon and was kind of indifferent on Dragonball Z, but I was obsessed with Pokemon.[/COLOR]

the first anime show i ever watched was inuyasha i was six me and my cousins were having a dare to see who could stay up longer we were watching cartoonnetwork when inuyasha comes on we watched the soul and the soul piper that episode made my cousin cry anyways we were watching it and she was going to switch the channel but we wresteled for the remote and i won and we watched the rest of the show now i still watch inuyasha and a lot more but my cousin is barely starting to like inuyasha

The first anime that I saw that hooked me on it was the original Tekkaman Blade. I only recently found out the true name for it because it was released in the U.S. under the name "Technoman." We just HAD to make it Americanized, didn't we?! *insert heavy amounts of sarcasm here.*
After that, I watched out for the anime style pretty much all the time. :drool:

:flush:

Well i dont quite remember what my first anime was...
O actually i believe it was CardCaptor Sakura. It was a a couple years ago and i just fell in love with the series. I Started to watch others and soon fell in love with anime and manga.. i will always love CardCaptor Sakura for opening my eyes to anime and manga as well as it being so good. :D

The only two series that were on tv when I was young were Sailor Moon and Samurai X. I never watched Sailor Moon because I just wasn't interested in it, but I did watch Samurai X a few times! I didn't know it was anime back then, but I remember one episode up until this day. Once I found out that Samurai X was actually an anime, I wanted the TV station to show it again. Of course this was impossible, so I started to buy the Rurouni Kenshin DVD's. I was once or twice told there's a difference between Samurai X and Rurouni Kenshin, but I haven't found out yet. I still haven't seen that episode from the past however, and I only have 30 more episodes to go...

My first anime was Zoids and DragonBall Z. I didnt even know they were anime soo you cant really count those. So officially my fist anime would be Tenkû no shiro Rapyuta (Laputa: Castle In The Sky) which apart from GITS SAC is my favourite anime. XD

Ahh. Definatly Dragon Ball. Then Dragon Ball Z.

Well, its impacted me in many ways, for one, its how I made quite a few friends when I was little (mutual DB fans). I used to pretend I was Bulma and real life role play with my friends (when I was little of course) and I spent many, and I mean many, hours of my life watching the show lol.