OtakuBoards

what is the first anime you watch? how does it impact on you?

domyoji

my first anime is hana yori dango. its about [spoiler]a poor girl(Makino Tsukushi) study in a school where the richest kids go. she was force to study there because her parent want her to find a rich guy there and get married, so that they can have a good life. [/spoiler]

a lot of thing happen to Makino Tsukushi [spoiler]when her friend offend the school famous group call f4(which means flower 4). f4 are the 4 richest guys in the school. they are Domyoji Tsukasa(the leader and the richest in the group), Mimasaka Akira, Nishikado Soujirou and Hanazawa Rui. they are fear by all the teachers and students because the school is support by their parents financially.

Makino Tsukushi stood up for her friend and become the target of f4. she was then force to leave the school by being bullied. but she was strong enough to take on any bully and challenge she encounter.

so as the story goes on, the leader, domyoji falls in love with Makino Tsukushi and she falls in love with him without herself knowing. but because of jealousy, disapprove by domyoji's mother(as she a poor girl). they got into a lot of trouble and misunderstanding(just to seperate them). but luckily their love and determination was strong enough to overcome all this and they manage to get together in the end.[/spoiler]

after i have finish watching this show, i was deeply in love with the story. i actually watch it 5 times and each time i have different feeling about it. i feel sad when they quarrel, i feel angry when [spoiler] domyoji's mum tried means and ways to separate them[/spoiler]. i feel touch when the the other 3 friend also try hard to let them be together. i feel happy when it is an happy ending. there is always something to look out for in every episode.

about 6 years ago, as anime was not very popular here, i din get to know much about other anime except this one(my sis get to know it through her friend). but i met a friend who like anime too, recommand me another anime Fushigi Yuugi. and then my journey to the anime land begins. i start looking for anime myself in the shops.

so far, i have watch alot of anime like gundam series, flame of recca, hunter x hunter, fruits basket, shaman king, full moon wa shagashite, mai-hime, elfen lied, Full Metal Alchemist, full metal panic, appleseed, Azumanga-Daioh, get backers and etc. each of them really leave a very deep impact in me.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='fizerin']Inuyasha. Made me realize how cruel life was.[/quote]

Unless you are extremely sensitive to violence and conflict (as you seem to be), the only cruelty InuYasha can put the viewer through is the fact they constantly shove in your face the Kagome-Inuyasha-Kikyo love triangle and have Inu-Yasha and Kagome constantly making high-pitched screams of each other's name. :p

Anyway, the first anime I ever saw was Spirited Away. As for how it impacted me, I'm here now, aren't I?

My first anime was... Sailor Moon! I saw it when I was in Kindergarten I believe, 9 or 10 years ago( I am a guy). Since then I have been into anime, pretty much because I liked that show, then after that DBZ would come on, and I loved that even more. Now that Toonami is basically gone though I buy most of my anime off of the internet (Ebay is God).

My frist anime was Sailor Moon. I loved that so much, I never missed an eposed and if I did I cryed. I was so cute. After that I saw DBZ here and there, I wasn't into it. Then more Sailor Moon. After that I didn't really whach anime. Then I saw my older brother whaching Gundam Wing. So I whached with him. I fell in love with it. It was my all time favorite. Hero and Duo are oh so cool. After that I got into DBZ and other stuff. All of these put me to where I am now, which is that I love anime !

The first anime i ever watched was eva. I was about 16 or so ,and watched it upon a friends recommendation. After watching the entire series, i casually walked to the nearest bar, had a stiff drink, and then went and cried in the corner. Seriously though, it really did open my eyes to anime-if it hadn't been for eva, i doubt i would like anime at all now.

[COLOR=#C352AC][SIZE=1][b]Voltes V[/b] and [b]Gatchaman[/b] (or [b][i]G-Force[/i][/b]). Yep, anime from that genre were pretty popular back when I was 5. They would always have this emotionally-strained "leader", matching outfits and just [i]one[/i] girl. Coupled with [i]sentai[/i] like [b]Bioman[/b] and [b]Shaider[/b], you could say that I was babysat by five-member space police teams.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

The first anime that I can remember seing was AKIRA, I was about nine yearsw old. the style of animation, the way it flowed, the character's 'wierd eyes and hair' were like nothing I had ever seen before. especialy when tetsuo had fully realised his (i don't know what they are, so i'll call them 'powers'), adn gets himself transmogrified into a huge, writhing pile of bloody biomass, i realised that I had witnessed a lifechanging event. I didn't know that it was called 'anime' back then, so I began to search out any show which had the same style of eyes. i slowly learned how to distinguish anime, by the eyes, and eventually the hair. I was able to find two shows, Pokemon (mental shudder at remembering how I uased to watch that) and gundam wing. Searching the interweb for answers, i learned the term 'anime', and here I am now.

[font=Arial][size=1][color=darkred]The first anime I watched was Green Legend Ran, I was like 9 and way up late and it came on the Sci-Fi channel I think. Anyways I fell asleep when it was like halfway through and when I woke up I was really mad, plus I couldn't remember what it was called. [/color][/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=1][color=darkred]Well when I was like 13 I was over at my grandparents house who happened to have digital cable. At this point I was familiar with anime, but I wasn't way into it, I just watched what came on Toonami and Adult Swim. Well I was watching TV and the show just so happened to come on. Well I made a note to remember the name and started watching it only to fall asleep halfway through again. I could remember the title had Green in it, as well as it having three words but other than that I was stumped and frustrated. I tried doing searches on the internet and I think I came across Green Legend Ran and I dismissed it(The Linkin Park video for In the End didn't help because it has a very similar theme).[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=1][color=darkred]Anyways like when I was 15 or just barely 16 I went to go rent anime movies and I found the DVD for it so I rented it and watched it. I wouldnt say it is my favorite anime, but I hold the story to my heart, Plus it was an adventure to figure out what it was lol. [/color][/size][/font]

Guest inuyasha2
The First Anime i Saw Was Inuyasha It was so cool but i only watched one episode i was in ny at that time but now i watch all the episodes it's the meaning of my life if there were no more amine or manga i wouldnt kno what to do with my life anymore thank god for ANIME!! :luv:

The first anime I ever saw was when I was a kid--Sailor Moon. I admit, though, I was never a huge fan. After that, I'm ashamed to admit, I was swept up by the Pokemon fad, but I was the last of my friends to get into it and the first to get out.

The first anime that I knew was an anime was Gundam Wing, and this left a massive affect on me. Since GW I've had a constantly recurring Gundam obsession, and that ties in any anime that I find with big Mecha.

That includes, Zoids, Big O, other Gundam series', Escaflowne (Though, arguably, the Dragon Armor is an organic entity, not a mech), Full Metal Panic!, and, from what I can tell, Vandread.

To make matters worse, I stumbled upon a novelization of the original Mobile Suit Gundam--the one with Amuro Ray--and I'm ecstatic. I'm currently reading it, and I'm loving it.

Hm. Maybe I should change my title to 'Mech Addict'.

[FONT=Book Antiqua][COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]My first anime ever was "Zoids: Chaotic Century. I didn't even know it was anime :animeswea - I didn't know what anime even WAS until I began watching Inuyasha, which was my second anime. I think it drew me in because I thought it was different, and I really liked it.
Thinking now, I suppose the first season of Digimon was the first anime I ever saw, since it's listed in Otaku as one, but I consider that more of a cartoon than an actual anime, so I'll still count Zoids: CC as my first anime. :animesmil [/COLOR][/FONT]

DBZ. I saw it when i was a wee lil squirt. Then Sailor moon, to PM to inuyasha to DM...and so on... Of course I didn't know they were their own lil cartoon...I just thought they were all westerns like Spongebob and such...Now I know, It's anime, and well here I am!

Those rockin' ghibli movies nyo ^_^ Totoro, laputa, kiki's delivery service, mononoke hime [i watched that when i was like 7 and it scared the crap outta me]. Yeah all the ghibli movies released before '99 were what started me, and it mostly impacted on the type of anime I value most - the ghibli kind :)

Well I've only been a fan since Last Exile, I first saw it last Christmas on the TechTV marathon, I came in about ep 13, I think, and only got to about ep 15 or 16, I had no idea what was going on but I thought it was really kinda kool. I like planes and flying and such, I loved it so much, and the fisrt thing I did was go out and by vol 1 with my Xmas money lol. It's still my fav to this day. I dunno why but I find amusement in making fun of the characters [but I make fun of everything lol], but I just love that show! :D

The first anime i ever saw was Tenchi,aw i remember it well :animesigh, it was the line up for Toonami back then, first was Tenchi at 4:30 then gundam wing and then finally dragonballz. But at the time i never really thought about them much, until i met my friend and we never stopped talking about them. But the biggest anime that i ever watched when i was younger was Evangelion, then Nadesico, it was also a line up on the show on the scifi channel at about 11:30 in the morning. I yes i remember i the first episode i watched, it was number 5, that when i was completely hooked!. Nudity, violence, people being killed this was the kind of stuff that my parents would have never wanted me to watch. It was like a bit of Gundam wing mixed in with a slice of DBZ, then at the end of the show they said that they would be showing the first five episode of Evangelion on the saturday at 12:00 at night. I taped it from that day forth and loved it from then on. :catgirl:

There was nothing to compare it to back then, Gundam wing was the real kinda Anime that i ever watched, you know not the 'everyone wins' type anime like DBZ or tenchi, but they still were good. I was about 13 when i first saw Evangelion, and five years later i still love it, now that's what you call staying power.

After that i started to watch Digimon and Yu-gi-oh and Excel saga, so really i never watched an anime that was the same as each other. Maybe this is where my hate for Naruto comes from. :animeswea

It wasn't my first anime, but Inuyasha has made a big change in my life.

As the show has progressed, so has my life. At first, it made me different becuase I was the only one who watched anime in my school. To find people who also watch Inuyasha and other animes by going online. And by going online, I've made many freinds who I still talk to and they've been slowly bringing out a side that I didn't know exsisted. I use to be shy and quiet, but now I'm one of the most outspoken guys around. And now I have alot of freinds who now watch anime thanks to what I've told them.

To sum it all up, by watching Inuyasha, I went online, made some great freinds, who brought out a more talkative me, thus helping make me more friends at school, who I
help join the growing group of anime fans.

[size=4][color=slategray][font=chiller]Po'ke'mon

Yeah, I know it's quite a cheesy anime show.
I can't say it was a total attraction, cause it wasn't.

Later Sailormoon,

Wasn't total attraction either.
I watched it because I was force to.
That day was that was the day my sister had the remote control.
But I have to admit good art.

Sooner-than-later DBZ,

Neither was this one instant attraction.
There are a lot of generations though.
And once again great art work.

Started watching Inu-yasha & Naruto

Great storyline and art work.
Now that my friend was instant attraction.[/font][/color][/size]

Guest Silver Phantom
my first anime was Ronin Warriors - I first started watching it when I was nine or ten. Last year I finally got to see it in the original Japanese, and I was disappointed with how much they kidi-fied it when it was dubbed.

[FONT=Lucida Console][SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed]My first anime, as far back as I can remember, was the original Transformers. Man, it's been a long time since then. Then I moved all around the country and finally settled in Texas 5 years ago. Then, the first anime I watched was Serial Experiment Lain. That opened a whole world of theories on the physical plane of reality.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]