OtakuBoards

Aargh, Women Problems.

Guest Kaise

My main problem is this girl i like over the net. It's just the fact that she has wireless internet, which has caused her to not be on all week, so obviously, i miss her. She's not usually doing this, so i'm feeling pretty down.

Anybody here had something like this?

[SIZE=1]Interesting, most interesting.

Well I'm no expert on the subject of love and even less versed in the subject of genuine Internet-based love. However it would seem to be at least that if you really care for this person that you won't be averse to waiting a bit more, as the old phrase goes, "[I]absence makes the heart grow fonder[/I]". If she doesn't live a huge distance away from you, you could conceivably consider going to visit her and meet her face to face to discuss the fact you'd like to speak to her more often, or even simply call her over the phone.[/SIZE]

[size=1]Well, I'm reading this psychology book, and it has a topic about 'love and limerence (sp?)'

Limerence is where you're infatuated, and you think you love the person, but you really don't. The good news with this is that absense does indeed make the heart grow fonder. In fact, the way to cure limerence is to have alot of time together, when you realize that you don't really like the other person so much. The reason for this is because when you're away, you make up the person's traits (subconsciously), and when you meet them more and more, you realize your idea is completely wrong, and you stop 'loving.'

If you actually love her/him, then it depends on what type of love, which comes in three different types. Intimacy, romance, and committment ... I'm assuming you love this person with more committment, since you haven't really been intimate/romantic yet. Which is a semi-good thing, because the other two die quickly without committment.

I guess what this whole roundabout post is meant to say is that "Don't give up hope" and "Absense makes the heart grow fonder" in more words. ._.;;[/size]

[COLOR=DarkRed]On-line relationships always seemed to high-risk to me. The chances of it turning out to be a man are too high for me. So I've never really had a 'love' love online relationship - though I must say that I have considerably more female (Proved through mic and other... reasons) friends on-line than I do offline. Guess it's because, pyshically, I'm soccially retarded - the whole transcending the body and just have two personalities meet is probably a better way of finding somone you love than meeting in person. But, eh, what do I know.

But ya, I'm going to go with what these people say. She'll be back. I mean, it's not like she took a vow of permanent internet celebacy. I know that sometimes people just have technical difficulties and show up a few days or weeks later - and you'll probably end up wanting them more for it.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkRed]You can't always expect her to be online when you want her to. The main thing is to have hope and have lots of patience. I know how you feel. If I go a week without talking Charlie, I'd go crazy. I remember when I didn't really get to talk to him for two months. It..well, made me really upset. Now I talk to him when I can and write him letters. If it is meant to be it's meant to be. You just have to have patience. That's the most important.[/COLOR]

...****.

She was most likely hit by hurricane rita. She lives like 2 hours away from galvestion, and a bunch of news is circulating from Beaumont, the capital of her county. Looks like i REALLY won't be seeing her for a long while. -_-

I tried the internet dating thing back when I was a freshmen in high school. It works out to an extent. But if you're still in high school then you should just let it go and try and find yourself a girlfriend in your high school or a high school close to yours. Just because it's almost impossible to keep a relationship like that going. Once you've graduated and enter into college, or the workplace, you'll have more time/money/and means to see this girl.

And as far as hurricane Rita, luckily the damages(to persons and property) were not as extensive as that of Katrina. So there is a good chance she's fine and will be on in a couple weeks.

My advice, keep off the internet for awhile, or at least keep off your im's and gradually cool off of this girl.