OtakuBoards

FFX release date....

VP-Master

I'm so happy that Square's decided to actually bring the release date closer now to December 26 of this year. You can read the story at ign by clicking [URL=http://ps2.ign.com/news/40094.html]here.[/URL] It scould be out in limited quantaties that day but they'll she more copies throughout the beginning of next year. So, how many of you guys are planning to the game on release day? I know I will.

it will not be released in the UK until march, 2002, so I have no choice but to wait, and I don't went to get an import chip for my ps2 yet, maybe some time next year, but not yet....

anyway, I don't think december 26 will be its release date in the US, early january is more likely....

[SIZE=3][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]that is odd... i think we would have heard about that... we been trying to get info on that at work for months... since it came out in japan... cause well... we all want it... but i doubt it comes out then... thou it might but im sure i woulda heard it before now.... anyway i still dont have my ps2 im waiting till "_______" when the price drops ;)[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Mztik_Gohan10 [/i]
[B]I watch this channel called TechTV and theres this show called Extended Play(game reveiw show).It said about 10 times ''Feb. 2002.'' and why are they changing the date.o yeah and the computer does lie. [/B][/QUOTE]

When did you see this show? Because the article from IGN was posted on November 27, 2001 and it was based on an OFFICIAL press release from Square. Maybe the show you were watching was a outdated now. If you just look at the article I linked to, you'll see...

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by kuja [/i]
[B][SIZE=3][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]that is odd... i think we would have heard about that... we been trying to get info on that at work for months... since it came out in japan... cause well... we all want it... but i doubt it comes out then... thou it might but im sure i woulda heard it before now.... anyway i still dont have my ps2 im waiting till "_______" when the price drops ;)[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE] [/B][/QUOTE]

u should get it Kuja, ur missing out on some awesome games(mgs2). I thought FF10 was coming out in January

[SIZE=3][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]lol i dont like the MG series... i cant stand that type of game... im branching out at the moment to play waverace... i almost only have stratagy/rpg games on the psx and cpu... i think almost all my games ever have been... *thinks* on psx i have... um um... ehirgiz is my only game outside those catagory's... i cant wait for an rpg to come out on the gcn ;) golden sun rocks... and if that goes to the GCN OMFG that would rule *drools*
but PS2 and the x-cirlce have very few games that i would play... the only reason im even considering PS2 is for FF X, XI, and XII nothing more than that... thou i would get others... they not my reason to get one[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by VP-Master [/i]
[B]

When did you see this show? Because the article from IGN was posted on November 27, 2001 and it was based on an OFFICIAL press release from Square. Maybe the show you were watching was a outdated now. If you just look at the article I linked to, you'll see... [/B][/QUOTE]

November 25,2001

Blah...why the day AFTER x-mas? Did they just not want to sell them out in the holiday rush or what? Heh isn't selling all of their games good anyway? Humph now I can't ask for it for x-mas....unless they preorder it or something...hm...Well either way I'll have to figure something out, heh I managed to get FF8 and 9 with about $5 (borrowing from mom, aunt, cousin, friends, whatever, paid them all back tho....eventually, heh). No way I'm going to toys r us or kaybee or some place like that, they're too freaking expensive tho, ah too bad they don't release special editions of games with watches or posters or anything like in Japan, I'm sure people (like us) would spend a few extra $$ for the cool stuff.

that is true! i head it from the Playonline web site for FF!
but what concerns me is if there rushing the release a little!
i know alot of companies rush out certain games and the game suffers! i hope this doesnt happen to FF10!

ps. THE WORLD IS SQUARE!:cool:

Some people will belive anything...

If i wrote an article and said "I've heard newes from square that they will be releasing FF10 earlier than expected, DEC.13th" Would you belive that?

Probably not....

So why do you belive an article on the web?

[SIZE=3][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]ugh... it says ships on the 18... hopefully in stores by the 20th lol... doesnt mean that stores will sell them... cause SQUARE HAS TO SEND THE DATE TO THE STORES... and so far they havent lol... anyway the earliest your retail stores will put it out is january 1... till they hear anything different from square... and oh yea we have games that dont come out till february in lockup for some systems ;)[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by kuja [/i]
[B][SIZE=3][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]... and oh yea we have games that dont come out till february in lockup for some systems ;)[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE] [/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=red]Are you able to buy them though? Like you personally?[/COLOR]

[COLOR=red]I mean, If you get a game in stock early, are you allowed you personally or do you have to wait for the store to release it?[/COLOR]

I wopuld if i could but i'm at my moms computer at work... long story...

Anyway

back to the original queston before this turns out to be spam...

I think kuja's right about the stores getting them in but not selklin' them until january...

side note: Yea! 777 posts... :bellylaug

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Cloud [/i]
[B]Some people will belive anything...

If i wrote an article and said "I've heard newes from square that they will be releasing FF10 earlier than expected, DEC.13th" Would you belive that?

Probably not....

So why do you belive an article on the web? [/B][/QUOTE]

Well let me tell you why. :naughty: There's a sweet little website called IGN who you should or probably have heard about. I have yet to see them yellow journalize or lie with their articles. They recently wrote an article about the early release date of this game I trust that they are correct. Also go check out game shops such as ebgames.com or gamestop.com and their release date ARE DECEMBER 18, 2001. While not all the websites are releasing it on this day, most are shipping around this date and DECEMBER 20, 2001 is the official date it will hit retail shelves. I'm not lying and neither are these people. It's also at playonline.com-square website

OK, I'm done. :)