OtakuBoards

Do you have a temper?

ChibiHorsewoman

psychiatric help !!! WHAT!! *throws the mouse at derelict slayer* look how cute it is !! it is eating the cheese which is all over ur your face....the cheese of the cheese buger you ate yesterday in a very barbaric way and didn't wash your face

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest derelict slayer
hey, the only reason the cheese is there is because i couln't reach it with my tongue, sry if thats "unethical" :animeangr :animeangr :butthead: :butthead:

[quote]if its any consulation, i like the sig, nice [/quote]
it is Ban Mido's dialog from The GetBackers, he said this to Ginji Amano his partner in the 2nd episode

[font=franklin gothic medium]Guys! Please, watch the double-posting. I strongly recommend checking out our rules page for information about this. Not only is double-posting not allowed, but it would be cool if you guys would remain on topic. I don't want to ban [i]too[/i] many people today, lol. ~_^[/font]

[QUOTE]Guys! Please, watch the double-posting. I strongly recommend checking out our rules page for information about this. Not only is double-posting not allowed, but it would be cool if you guys would remain on topic. I don't want to ban too many people today, lol. ~_^[/QUOTE]

oops! I'm really sorry! i'm just a newbie here i don't wanna be banned now:animecry:

[QUOTE]hey, the only reason the cheese is there is because i couln't reach it with my tongue, sry if thats "unethical" [/QUOTE]

LOL :D :D :D

Wow. I havent seen such a double post bananza since...must have been when chibi first started posting here in OB (haha, just a joke).

I suppose I used to be easier to anger than most until I started realizing exactly what a virtue patience is. I suppose it occured after the first significant fight I got in. I was a pretty short, scrawny, awkward kid during middle school. I always avoided conflict out of my own insecurity and fear. Somewhere between that time and my senior year, I grew a pair. A particular tormenter was visiting his alumni when he spotted me. Thinking I was easy prey, he started prodding at me again. He said the usual "What you gonna do." And I [i]smiled[/i] at him. Why? Well, besides growing a pair.. I had also learned how to fight. In fact, my friends and I had been practicing unlicensed boxing for months (fun, fair fights). I told him to take his best shot. He did, and he knocked me to the ground, breaking my nose. I stood up, spat the blood in his face, and one-punched him. He went down and he didn't get up. He started crying. He was crying because I broke some of his teeth.

It struck me that I didn't feel good about my actions at all. Yeah, the guy deserved it. I felt guilty at that moment because I had the capability to walk away, but I chose to float to his level. I was no more a thug than he.

Two days ago a frat guy issued me the same challenge. He misintepreted something I had to say (fishing for insults) and threatened to throw me through a wall. I looked at him and said, "Listen, I wasn't trying to offend you." Here's the key folks, you don't owe your bully anything but honesty, but don't be afraid of him... look him in the eye and don't back down. He said it again, he was going to kick my ***. So I looked at him and said, "Sure, I'll let you **** me up. But only on one condition: you beat me in a debate."

Obviously he started laughing, and his buddy started laughing too. I said with solid intent, "You just don't understand, do you? You're at college. You think this muscle matters here? (I pointed at my bicep) You're here for the wrong reasons. You should be here to exercise this muscle. (I pointed at my head) Think about it."
Then I walked away.

He hasn't bothered me since.

I am fairly calm and rarely get upset. It usually takes something on the serious side to get me angry. Or something that is ridiculous and it downright annoys me. For example several months ago I saw a man driving with a cell phone. He was clearly not paying attention to his driving and he sideswiped a kid on a bicycle. Fortunately it was on a lower speed limit street but the kid did end up with some pretty painful bruises and bumps.

What got me angry was that he got out of the car and started yelling at the kid. He was pretty out of control and hadn?t realized that he had strayed to the side into the designated bike lane. I took a picture of the scene with my cell phone as the guys back tire was on top of the bike and it showed quite clearly that he was driving in the bike lane and that the kid was not at fault.

I then called the police as this guy was actually threatening to sue the poor kid. I mean he was only 12 so the poor thing was in tears. After I did that I went over and pretty much did some yelling of my own to get him to back off. I think he thought I was the kid?s mother as he actually did back off. It was fun to see his face though when I showed the police the picture in my cell phone and he realized that he was so in trouble for hitting the poor kid.

[quote name='Drix D'Zanth']Wow. I havent seen such a double post bananza since...must have been when chibi first started posting here in OB (haha, just a joke).[/quote]

[color=darkviolet]Tee Hee. :rolleyes: For the record I [i]never[/i] double posted that badly :p . *smacks Drix with a Homosexuality thread and walks away*

Anyways I think that my temper has a lot to do with what ever else is going on in my life at the moment. For example right now I'm jobless and going through a divorce. My ex husband ruined my credit by getting a laptop that I don't know the fate of and hasn't paid a credit card bill with [i]my[/i] name on it that he made purchases on. Add that on to the fact that I have a major hyperactive thyroid (the endocrine system is quite amazing really- on the up side, I've lost a lot of weight.) THen do the math.

Right now I have a short fuse because of the above situations. I try really hard not to go off on people who have no effect on my circumstances (ie, my daughter (big no no) my parents, my friends and my animals) however if someone who has directly affected my circumstances is in my space (ie my ex husband) I will probably use that to my advantage- or dissadvantage since I'm out one cell phone.

I won't lose my temper on something pointless however. SO if someone wants to flame my writing or insult me at work I just ignore them (easier online for me) or tell them to grow up in the nicest way possible (work- although avoidance works too.)

I have nothing else to add now.[/color]

I have a very bad temper, though I never take my frustrations out on people- well, I do, but not physically. I usually end up throwing something when I'm mad, or taking it out on myself in some way.

Especially last school year, I'd come home angry, and launch my books into my bedroom wall. There are many dents because of that.

I don't think I have a bad temper, but I do tend to act without thinking it through first. I'm short and skinny and the other kids at school think that because of that I'm a pushover. As a result when they pick on me I usually thrash them so to speak and I end up getting in trouble. But sersiously if some stupid guy is going to pinch you hard enough to leave a bruise then he deserves a black eye! :animesigh

Then of course the idiot has to slash my bike tires the next day and since I saw him do it I gave him another black eye and and took his pocket knife and destroyed his tires in return. :animesigh I got grounded for a week for that and It hardly seems fair to be told I have a bad temper when I'm just sticking up for myself. Or least that's what I think.
:animesigh

Hmm... well, I get p***ed off by the smallest things imaginable, but outwardly I don't [I]really[/I] have too much of a temper. The only times I'll show anything even slightly resembling one is if one of my friends does something that really, really annoys me which they know really, really annoys me. But even then it's just a change of tone in my voice and an overdose of sarcasm and mild insults... which I usually deliver quite badly. Oh well... :animeswea

The rest of my family on the other hand... well, when they get into a temper I find it's best to leave the room if you don't have a pair of earplugs handy. :animestun

[COLOR=DarkRed]Temper? You could say that. Anger issues is probably a better term. Me and my best friend have a sort of beat-beat relationship. We became friends by beating the crap out of eachother on whims. It's a side effect of us both being the enforcers on our respective hockey teams, me and him got in a fight every game. So ya, I do have anger issues. I still break somthing over his head from time to time.

And it's not even because I'm violent that I have a temper - I snap at the slightest things. Lets take, for example, barking dogs. One of my dogs has a habit of barking at anyone who walks by - my other two, more passive dogs instantly start barking after she sounds the alarm. I've gotten many a sore throat screaming "SHUT UP! SHUT THE **** UP! STOP BARKING! CHRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRIST!" etc etc. When I'm listening to a radio, and there is a really good song, but somone rolls down a window so I cannot hear it well, I start boiling. I've been known to smash in the radio viewscreen because I can't hear the opening riff to Smoke on the Water.

Also, if I'm playing, say, Counter-Strike: Source, and my lagg starts acting up, and I keep getting killed on account of it, I get outwardly violent on my monitor and computer. There is a massive dent in the side of my computer case when I kicked it after losing 0-15 in a CS 1v1 on account of lagg.

Also, if I'm in extreme pain (Like, say, a massive tooth ache) I get incredibly angry. Last time my tooth started to act up, I went out and cut down a tree - violence helps to stay the pain.

So in conclusion, Violence and me are buddies. Violence goes with my position on the hockey Team, it goes with my personality, and it goes with my internet connection. Trust me, 56k Alex likes to lay a beating down on his moniter when he start lagging. My most likely cause of death, according to six of my best friends and a monkey named Cog, is a burst artery or a heart attack. Either way, no one likes to piss me off. Which isn't all that hard.[/COLOR]

I have a ridiculously short temper. Usually my sadism manifests itself in words though. I like to tell someone to go to hell in such a way as they'll take out a loan to buy an express ticket. I also love to make people look or feel stupid once they have crossed me in a negative way. I know, I know. It's classic slow self esteem stuff, bring people down so I can feel better, but just so you all know, I rarely start it.

As for violence, I have been known to have seen a few brawls in my time, but in adulthood that has calmed down because very few people like to have criminal assault on their record.

I'm a fairly calm and laid back person, I think the last time I was ever truly angry and my temper really flared was two years ago when my best friends ex-boyfriend destroyed her on every level and ruined someone I really cared about. When that happened, I was ready to nueter him and I would have succedded if my boyfriend and another close guy friend of mine hadn't grabbed me when they did, and even then, I was in a black enough mood to pull them forward to get at him even as they were hauling me in the opposite direction. Of course, ever since and before that, I am calm, cheerful, and don't fly off the handle often. When I do, people have a tendency to scatter, though I'd never imagine why :animeswea . I do have a slight touch of road-rage though, if someone does something stupid in the car in front of me or something like that, I tend to swear and on occasion give the one-finger salute to the real bakas of the road, the ones with road rage way worse than me, which is sad. People are so uncivilized when they get behind the wheel. But thats it, I promise, otherwise, I'm lovelbly nice and sweet, just don't hurt those I care about and my temper really will never surface (thank goodness). I'm a little more patient than that :cool: .

[QUOTE=Ilium][COLOR=DarkRed]
Also, if I'm in extreme pain (Like, say, a massive tooth ache) I get incredibly angry. Last time my tooth started to act up, I went out and cut down a tree - violence helps to stay the pain.
[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=DarkOrchid]I'm violent with extreme pain too! I just want to punch something. When I had my toothache, I punched the couch and my brother. He was there, so I had to punch him! But, he understood how much my tooth hurt and told me to go into anger management. :animestun

Well, other than that, I don't have a much of a temper. I only get frustrated when I can't do my homework because it's hard to understand (I nearly ripped it in half, but luckily my bro was there to help me with the stupid question.) Also, I get mad when people ask me the same question more than twice. That just annoys me and I bet they know it too. My sister frequently asks me the same question to annoy me. :animeangr

I remember one of my friends, complained how I don't get angry and am always so cheerful, but believe me, I'm no robot. I do have a small temper, but most of the times I don't act on anger. But, I remember, that I was a really violent child when I was younger... so I guess it balances out. :animeswea [/COLOR]

Guest ThA LoNe WoLF
[QUOTE=ChibiHorsewoman][color=darkviolet]I have to ask this because my cell phone is busted because I chucked it at my ex husband- hey you would have done the same thing if you knew the story.

So I'm wondering if anyone else thinks they have a temper.

I've never hurt anyone intentionally (well- except for when I get into fights- anothe long story) and my road rage only extends to yelling at the person inside my car (I have a friend who got out of her car and slapped a lady for nearly hitting her car)

So, stories?[/color][/QUOTE]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]undefined[/FONT][SIZE=2]undefined[/SIZE][COLOR=DarkGreen]undefined[/COLOR]
YO i wouldve done tha same mann. was he payin tha bill cuz if he was than i wouldve kept tha fone and ran up tha bill for his *** to pay stupid male pigs. i have to side wit tha femalez at this point i cant stand guyz dat cheat. But yea sometimez itz good to have a temper or else everyone will jus walk all over u. Peayce

[QUOTE=celestialcharm][COLOR=DarkOrchid]I'm violent with extreme pain too! I just want to punch something. When I had my toothache, I punched the couch and my brother. He was there, so I had to punch him! But, he understood how much my tooth hurt and told me to go into anger management. :animestun
[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[color=darkviolet]My brother gets really pissy when he's in pain. For example last week when he jammed his thumb at work he came home and showed it to me. I barely touched the thumb and he went off. He stomped off and kicked over the kitchen trashcan causing trash to fly everywhere. Yes I made his stupid *** clean it up [/color]

[SIZE=1]I know I have a bit of a temper. When I was younger, my brother and I play video games and I always lost against him. Or in Mario Kart I'd always end up in last place. So I'd get really angry and squeez the controller of punch my leg. I'd bite myself also. It was strange. I often made this growling sound when I was angry too, or mainly frustrated I suppose. I get frustrated easily with certain things.

When I was in middle school I had so much trouble with my homework and my dad would try to help me but I would just get so frustrated, which made him frustrated, then I got angry. Such a vicious cycle.

I do remember when I got angry I would say or things I later regreted. Nothing too serious however.

I don't usually get angry around friends, so most of them don't think I can be. I'm not as bad as I used to be. Now if I'm mad you will know it because I stop talking, I get quit, and if you do talk to me I give you short answers.[/SIZE]

• 2 weeks later...
[size=4][color=slategray][font=chiller]Short Temper......

Those two words use to describe me. But believe me I really worked on it. I use to get mad even for the slightest reason. When my guardians ask what the heck is wrong, I usually blamed something for my wrath outbreak. However today I'm not as paranoid as I use to be. Especially when I forced to see the shrink.

Hmmm... it figures.[/font][/color][/size]